terminating employees

Hello:

I have noticed in GP HR that, when you use the Employee Termination window
to formally terminate an employee, sometimes the Inactive box gets checked in
the Employee Maintenance window and sometimes it does not.

What criteria has to be met in order for the Employee Termination window to
automatically check the Inactive checkbox in Employee Maintenance?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

I believe it is when the Termination Date is less than or equal to the
current date. I think that is so you can terminate in the future and pay the
person before he's terminated for good.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childothe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have noticed in GP HR that, when you use the Employee Termination window
> to formally terminate an employee, sometimes the Inactive box gets checked in
> the Employee Maintenance window and sometimes it does not.
>
> What criteria has to be met in order for the Employee Termination window to
> automatically check the Inactive checkbox in Employee Maintenance?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)

Account for resign employee
Hi, I have general question. let say the sales person has resigned. What should i do with the account and opportunity? Should i just reassign to new user? And how about the history of previous opportunity that associated to that acc? Will that change to new owner as well? Thx, Carrie You are not able to delete CRM User accounts. THis is so that historical data is not left. You should first change the owner of the accounts and contacts to a new owner. Your business process should identify what should happen to the associated active records and closed records. For example what sho...

Customizable Pay Stub in Business Portal Employee Self Service
It should be possible to modify the format of the data printing in the online pay stub in Employee Pay. Currently, the data is delivered as an aspx page that is not very customizable at all. For example, a company would like to add a section to display the base rate for an employee. Another example is the company would like to change Vacation and Sick Time to other text. These values are hard coded and can't be changed. -- Charles Allen, MVP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this ...

Runtime to Terminate
I just bought a new desktop with Windows XP. I loaded Office 2000 and everything worked fine until Norton Antivirus booted up. Now I keep getting a message that says the "application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". After the message, outlook will not work until I close the app and then reopen. Any fixes??? ...

Detect termination of other process.
Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. How can I detect when this program is turminated? I tried to combine CreateProcess & WaitForSingleObject functions. But filed. Hello ShellExecute() will run the program so you don't need CreateProcess() again. If you call CreateProcess() or ShellExecuteEx() you can use WaitForSingleObject() to wait for the process to terminate. -- Elias "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23YQeGbddDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. > How can I detect when this program...

How do I calculate a bonus for all employees based on gross pay
Hello, I want to do a Mass transaction to give a bonus of 2% of the gross pay to all employees. I was trying to set a paycode to do this but none of them allows me to assign a percentage of the gross pay. The closest thing is the benefit setup but I'll need to assign the benefit to all the employees first. Any suggestions? Try using a negative deduction with the method of 'Percent of Gross Wages'. "Harry O''Neill" wrote: > Hello, I want to do a Mass transaction to give a bonus of 2% of the gross pay > to all employees. I was trying to set a payco...

How to stop calculating CPP when employee turns to 65 years of age
Hi; I am using Canadian Payroll in GP 10, one of my employee who turned to 65 years of old, subject to Canada regulation, he does not need to contribute CPP. How can I configure Canadian Payroll to calculate CPP under this employee, today; I have to remove the calculated amount manuall when I ran pay roll each time. The date of birth of the employee has been entered in system already. -- Kane I assume the Canadian Payroll is similar to that of the US in the sense that you have benefits and deductions. Canada Pension Plan (CPP) is a deduction that is (must be) associated to an empl...

Export payroll/employee data
Is it possible to export payroll/employee data in a development/test company and import it into a production company? Thanks much! Absolutely and there are many ways to do it. You can use SQL Server tools, MS Access, SmartList, Integration Manager, to name a few tools. -- Charles Allen, MVP "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > Is it possible to export payroll/employee data in a development/test company > and import it into a production company? > > Thanks much! ...

Terminating Application
Hi, Does anyone know how can I terminate an SDI application? To explain my situation, I'm trying to make an error handling mechanism and for some critical situations I have to terminate the whole application since it can't carry on anymore. I want to do this somehow that my classes destructors are called too. I have tried sending WM_CLOSE to the project's main window but it can't work out since I don't want my code execution flow to carry on after I sent this message (it makes unhandled exceptions). I would like something like exit(0) but it won't let the classes to do ...

Terminal Session into terminal Session
Hi guys, I've installed windows 2008 with terminal services for desktop users. When user log into terminal session desktop it must launch one application published to another server (same 2008). The problem is that when user disconnect this application the session remain in waiting for reconnect (as if the session is broken). Someone can says me if terminal session into another terminal session is supported ? Why my application remain in broken state? thanks very much. Andrew On May 18, 11:28=A0am, Andrew <n...@tin.it> wrote: > Hi guys, > I've install...

Outlook 2003 Crashes winth Terminal Services
I have a number of staff that thier Outlook 2003 crashes everytime they open it up. I have recreated each profile and still has the same problem. It isn't everyone that using the Terminal Server either it is only certin people. Doesn't anyone have any idea's Scott No Ben within Terminal Services cashed mode is disabled. Scott >-----Original Message----- >On 20 Apr 2004 13:51, "Scott Brown" <scottb@cesmithtvl.com.au> wrote: >>I have a number of staff that thier Outlook 2003 crashes everytime they >>open it up. I have recreated each p...

Terminate infinite loop
Hi All, I have written a console (win32) application with VC++ 6.0. It has an infinite loop, where it retrieves information from a socket. The application is arranged as Service (Win 2000 Pro). My problem is to send a message through the socket before the process will terminate (e.g. at system shutdown). Is there a possibility to catch the terminating message?! Is there actually a windows message (it's a console application)?! Hope for help, Matthias Matthias Meier wrote: > I have written a console (win32) application with VC++ 6.0. It has an > infinite loop, where it retrieves i...

Excel printing problem (terminal server)
Using terminal server to connect to company server. While on remote computer, I am able to print to local machine in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Access, but NOT able to print in MS Excel. Any suggestions relative to Excel setup or other thoughts to allow printing on local printer while connected to server using MS Terminal Server? Definitely using the correct printer. Also have gone through a Detect and Repair on the terminal server for Excel. Help? ...

How can I migrate all .n2k files from old terminal servers to new terminal servers?
I manage a Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 farm of about 30 servers. These servers are virtualized using ESX 3.5i and are running Windows Server 2003 SP2 as the OS. Ten are these servers are currently being used as published desktops. These desktop servers are then used as a regular working desktop by Domain Users after they login thru a Web Interface. These desktop servers currently have Office 2003 Pro installed locally. End users are then able to use the Office apps once they login to the published desktops. I recently tried upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007 on a couple of these ten d...

Employee Bonus Tracker over multiple spreadsheets
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of employee's bonuses and awards. So I have three worksheets in a workbook. 1st worksheet: Awards, 2nd worksheet: Bonuses, 3rd worksheet: Budget. Awards and Bonuses both have monetary value. On the budget worksheet I want to be able to have the budget automatically update based on the date of the award/bonus. So if Susie gets a $200 Bonus on 8/8/2006 - when I type August or 8/8/2006 into the budget worksheet I want it to subtract $200 from the bonus budget. Another problem I run into is that there are two different types of Bonuses s...

Has anyone gotten Analysis Cubes for GP10 to work over terminal se
We just installed Analysis Cubes and can access it fine when we are on our local desktops. When we try to connect using the GP10 client on TS it will not connect. It just gives an error that it cannot connect to the database. Has anyone else run into this error? -- Robert Rob, Have you installed Analysis Cubes on the TS? If so, are the ODBC data sources created with the same name on your TS? Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "rfann" wrote: > We just installed Analysis Cubes and can access it fi...

Terminal Services 2000
I'm looking for the following file: TermSrvr.mst It says to download it from http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/download/ORKTools.exe but the site doesn't exist. Anyone able to send me this file or point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance The Office 2000 tools can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2000ddl.htm "storlogic" <storlogic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFEAB6B0-01FD-4FBD-BCC1-FDFFE360B8D9@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for the following file: > > TermSrvr.mst ...

Terminal Server Profiles
It's not possible to implement a mandatory profile on a terminal server without it being applied to everybody including the admins is it? On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:23:41 -0500, Matthew <no@example.com> wrote: >It's not possible to implement a mandatory profile on a terminal server >without it being applied to everybody including the admins is it? TS Profiles are saved in a folder just like ordinary profiles. Each user has a path to the profile, just like ordinary profiles. So you should be able to target groups of users to the same TS Profile folder. If TS suppo...

CRM3.0 client outlook on Terminal Server with Citrix Presentation
I installed CRM outlook on the citrix server, added TermInstall.cmd into user's profile and the user logged in and trying to install the TermInstall.cmd, but got the following error message: The system was unable to find the specified registered key or value. Any idea or suggestion will be highly appreciated! ...

Terminating`
What is the best way to terminate an MFC application, for instance, in the event of certain kinds of errors? How about sending a WM_QUIT to the main window? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23FwMzVGJGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to terminate an MFC application, for instance, in the > event of certain kinds of errors? > Thanks so much for getting me through that mental block! -------------- "M" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:e8r5cpGJGHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How a...

How do I terminate?
My main program starts a second program using the command CreateProcess. Later when the main program no longer needs the second program it terminates the program using the command TerminateProcess. When the second program terminates it seems to do it un-gracefully. Things don't get cleaned up. QUESTION? Is there some other command or method I can use to terminate the second program gracefully? QUESTION? Should the main program send a message to the second program and then have the second program kill itself gracefully? How do I send the message? What command do I use? Webster ...

IIS Admin Service terminated unexpectedly
I have been having this problem lately on my Exchange 2003 sp1 server sitting on Windows 2003 sp1. We use Trend Micros ScanMail, and IHateSpam The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program. Any ideas why this has been happening? If I try to restart the smtp service, it sometimes hangs, and I have to reboot the server Bruce Do you get any errors in the event logs? Nue "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Modeless Dialog Boxes
Hi, I am using a Modeless dialog box. 1. When I launch the Dialog box, how does one know when it ends? Does it have to post a message back to the calling CWnd? Is that the standard method? 2. I am using Animate to close the Dialog. Instead of using delete dlg; I call a method CloseTheDialog(), then dlg = NULL; After the Timer has expired for my nifty closing animation, I post a WM_CLOSE message to itself. I can see it going though the motions of closing, except for the destructor CDlg::~CDlg. When the App quits, I get memory leaks because the Dlg object is stil...

2005 Employee Vacation Calendar
I am trying to create a 2005 Employee vacation calendar. Does anyone have a template for this? Excel offers hundreds of freely downloadable templates on its website. I'm sure you can find a template close to what you're looking for, or at least one that will give you some ideas on creating your own customized wb: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Take a look under the "Education" category. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to create a 2005 Employee vacation calendar. Does anyone have a >template for ...

Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2003 terminal and Exchange 2000
Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup DC1 running W2K Server DC2 running W2K Server and Exchange Server 2000 DC3 running W2K3 Server and TERMINAL SERVER and OFFICE 2003 Now the problem i when i connect to the W2K3 Server with Terminal and open Outlook 2003 i can read/reply mails without any problems. But when i try to make a new mail i cannot click the TO/CC/BCC button --> this gives me an error message that the server doesnt support it ???!!!??? It gets weirder : when i type in the TO/CC/BCC address space the alias of my contact it translates it perfectly to the correct email address. S...

employee attendance
What is the best way to track attendance and schedule time off for more than 100 employees. > ... to track attendance For starters, maybe .. a) Try this link for a suitable template: http://www.wood-wood.com/Downloads/Templates.htm Look for "Time attendance template" b) Try the example set-up described in: http://tinyurl.com/2ogtv As for > ... schedule time off for more than 100 employees. Perhaps this previous post might be of relevance: http://tinyurl.com/3zbb2 Think the set-up therein could be adapted/extended to suit -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 4...