Terminal Server #2

Hi,

I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some worrying
performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not an
admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It can
take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough time
to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with some
exceptions.

This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue, dont
even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into the
domain or local adminstrator group.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Regards
-3
Heath (22)

I see the same things, try turning off all reminders, metrics, etc... on the
home page
Mike
"Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
> worrying
> performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not
> an
> admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
> can
> take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
> time
> to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
> some
> exceptions.
>
> This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
> dont
> even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into
> the
> domain or local adminstrator group.
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.
>
> Regards

-1
8/29/2008 5:06:19 PM
We currently use GP 8.0 and Terminal Server for the remote locations, we are
now looking at an upgrade and my observations is that 10.0 appears to be very
resource intensive. Since the user eventually is able to log on, you may need
to go through a process of elimination. Check the machines and work your way
backwards.

"Heath" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some worrying
> performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not an
> admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It can
> take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough time
> to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with some
> exceptions.
>
> This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue, dont
> even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into the
> domain or local adminstrator group.
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.
>
> Regards
3
RCR (233)
8/29/2008 5:22:01 PM
Heath,

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....if an administrator
logs in (to Windows, I presume) these issues with GP are no longer there?
Everything is fast?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
> worrying
> performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not
> an
> admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
> can
> take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
> time
> to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
> some
> exceptions.
>
> This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
> dont
> even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into
> the
> domain or local adminstrator group.
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.
>
> Regards

0
victoria (3339)
8/29/2008 7:45:18 PM
Hi Victoria,

Yep we are talking about the network login with administrative rights. Its
almost as if the the normal domain users do not have rights to a
installation/temp location, or registry entries. It is so slow you sometimes
are not sure of whether you have actually double clicked the GP icon or not,
so you try again only to have a number of login screens appear a couple of
minutes later.

Incidentally we have encountered this at two of our clients running GP10.0
on a terminal server. It only seems to affect users that are given TS rights
after the installation has occurred (although I cannot categorically confirm
this).

Regards
Heath

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Heath,
>
> Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....if an administrator
> logs in (to Windows, I presume) these issues with GP are no longer there?
> Everything is fast?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
> > worrying
> > performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not
> > an
> > admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
> > can
> > take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
> > time
> > to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
> > some
> > exceptions.
> >
> > This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
> > dont
> > even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into
> > the
> > domain or local adminstrator group.
> >
> > Any help would really be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards

0
Heath (22)
8/29/2008 8:58:01 PM
Hi Michael,

I have done this. The performance issue I am encountering is after the
clicking of the GP icon and before the login and company selection screen has
actually appeared.

Regards
Heath

"MichaelG" wrote:

> I see the same things, try turning off all reminders, metrics, etc... on the
> home page
> Mike
> "Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
> > worrying
> > performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not
> > an
> > admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
> > can
> > take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
> > time
> > to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
> > some
> > exceptions.
> >
> > This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
> > dont
> > even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into
> > the
> > domain or local adminstrator group.
> >
> > Any help would really be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards

0
Heath (22)
8/29/2008 9:01:00 PM
Heath,

Interesting.....  Unfortunately this is not really my area of
expertise....however a few things that I would look at and/or try from our
past experience:

- Are they using roaming profiles on the TS?  I know we had a client who had
a big problem with this until the users were set up with local profiles on
the TS.
- Are any dictionaries shared elsewhere on the network?  If so, does making
them local to the TS make a difference?
- Are there any errors in the Windows event logs to point to AD timeouts or
issues?
- What happens at this point if you make one the users experiencing the
issue a local admin on the TS (just temporarily, to test) - is it still
slow?  Or does the performance improve?  This will help troubleshoot whether
it's the user's profile specifically or the permissions in general that are
causing the issue.
- Can you confirm that the GP installation was performed while logged in as
the local administrator on the console of the TS?  (Btw, what Windows OS,
2003?)

After I started writing this, I remembered there is a KB article about
this - # 872242 - looks like it lists most of the things I have above and a
few others...have you looked at that?

Hopefully some of the more network oriented people reading this can offer
some additional advice.

--

> Hi Victoria,
>
> Yep we are talking about the network login with administrative rights. Its
> almost as if the the normal domain users do not have rights to a
> installation/temp location, or registry entries. It is so slow you
> sometimes
> are not sure of whether you have actually double clicked the GP icon or
> not,
> so you try again only to have a number of login screens appear a couple of
> minutes later.
>
> Incidentally we have encountered this at two of our clients running GP10.0
> on a terminal server. It only seems to affect users that are given TS
> rights
> after the installation has occurred (although I cannot categorically
> confirm
> this).
>
> Regards
> Heath
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Heath,
>>
>> Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....if an administrator
>> logs in (to Windows, I presume) these issues with GP are no longer there?
>> Everything is fast?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>>

>> "Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
>> > worrying
>> > performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is
>> > not
>> > an
>> > admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
>> > can
>> > take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
>> > time
>> > to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
>> > some
>> > exceptions.
>> >
>> > This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
>> > dont
>> > even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user
>> > into
>> > the
>> > domain or local adminstrator group.
>> >
>> > Any help would really be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Regards

0
victoria (3339)
8/30/2008 10:10:30 AM
This is not at all uncommon! Here are a few tips for troubleshooting slow
startup performance of Microsoft Dynamics GP on Terminal Server:

1) Check the DEX.INI file for any settings being stored on the user's
homedrives.

2) Are you doing folder redirection of user profile folders like My
Documents, Desktop and Start Menu, Application Data and others, to the user
home drive?
My Documents is generally redirected to a file share for obvious reasons.
However, you should carefully consider if you really want to redirect any
other folders. Especially redirecting Application Data could increase the
load on your Terminal Server tremendously, but could also slow down GP's
performance. This is because GP will store just about everything it cannot
store in the registry to the Application Data folder. If for every read or
write the application has to traverse the network to the file server you can
imagine what this will do to performance.

3) If you are using Named Printers, I suggest you check David Musgrave's
blog on "Using Named Printers with Terminal Server" at
http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/15/using-named-printers-with-terminal-server.aspx

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Heath" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some worrying
> performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not an
> admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It can
> take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough time
> to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with some
> exceptions.
>
> This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue, dont
> even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into the
> domain or local adminstrator group.
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.
>
> Regards
0
MarianoGomez (3441)
8/30/2008 6:56:00 PM
Heath,

I am curious if Service Pack 3 for XP was recently installed on that
workstation as part of automatic updates.  I've heard of a similar issue with
someone who have Microsoft Dynamics GP version 9.0...slow from the time you
click on the icon up until it gets to the log in screen.  After that, it's
works just fine.
SP3 for XP supposedly installs some of the UAC controls related to VISTA.

It's a thought...you might check into.  Good luck.
"Heath" wrote:

> Hi Victoria,
>
> Yep we are talking about the network login with administrative rights. Its
> almost as if the the normal domain users do not have rights to a
> installation/temp location, or registry entries. It is so slow you sometimes
> are not sure of whether you have actually double clicked the GP icon or not,
> so you try again only to have a number of login screens appear a couple of
> minutes later.
>
> Incidentally we have encountered this at two of our clients running GP10.0
> on a terminal server. It only seems to affect users that are given TS rights
> after the installation has occurred (although I cannot categorically confirm
> this).
>
> Regards
> Heath
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Heath,
> >
> > Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....if an administrator
> > logs in (to Windows, I presume) these issues with GP are no longer there?
> > Everything is fast?
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> >

> > "Heath" <Heath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some
> > > worrying
> > > performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not
> > > an
> > > admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It
> > > can
> > > take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough
> > > time
> > > to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with
> > > some
> > > exceptions.
> > >
> > > This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue,
> > > dont
> > > even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into
> > > the
> > > domain or local adminstrator group.
> > >
> > > Any help would really be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Regards

0
Zaxxon (7)
9/6/2008 5:26:01 AM
Hi,

Well I tried pretty much everything with no sucess, from adding security to
creating new users (local and domain) to giving them "super human rights" but
no sucess. So in desperation we copied the documents and settings folder from
the "working" user to a new domain user on the (TS profile).

What do you know the login performance was amazing. So we started again this
time checking bit by bit what component in the documents and settings folder
made the difference. After some time we found a folder on the TS's working
users c:\documents and settings\%\microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache that when
coppied to each users folder that had poor performance, it sorted all our
problems out. I have no idea what this is or what it is intended to do but it
works. Does anyone know why? From the naming it looks like this might have
something to do with the crypto that GP uses for its SQL authentication?

Regards
Heath

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> This is not at all uncommon! Here are a few tips for troubleshooting slow
> startup performance of Microsoft Dynamics GP on Terminal Server:
>
> 1) Check the DEX.INI file for any settings being stored on the user's
> homedrives.
>
> 2) Are you doing folder redirection of user profile folders like My
> Documents, Desktop and Start Menu, Application Data and others, to the user
> home drive?
> My Documents is generally redirected to a file share for obvious reasons.
> However, you should carefully consider if you really want to redirect any
> other folders. Especially redirecting Application Data could increase the
> load on your Terminal Server tremendously, but could also slow down GP's
> performance. This is because GP will store just about everything it cannot
> store in the registry to the Application Data folder. If for every read or
> write the application has to traverse the network to the file server you can
> imagine what this will do to performance.
>
> 3) If you are using Named Printers, I suggest you check David Musgrave's
> blog on "Using Named Printers with Terminal Server" at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/15/using-named-printers-with-terminal-server.aspx
>
> Please let me know how it goes.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Heath" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently installled GP10.0 at a client we have noticed some worrying
> > performance issues when attempting to log into GP with a user that is not an
> > admnistrator. The performace issue starts when clicking the GP icon. It can
> > take as long as three minutes to get to the user login screen. (Enough time
> > to make a cup a coffee). Once you are in GP the performance is OK with some
> > exceptions.
> >
> > This certainly feels like a networking/security/actve directory issue, dont
> > even know how to begin trouble shooting. We cant simply add teh user into the
> > domain or local adminstrator group.
> >
> > Any help would really be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
0
Heath (22)

License usage for Microsoft Exchange Server
Yesterday I noticed a warning event in the event viewer that the "License usage for product Microsoft Exchange 2003 is nearing the maximum number or per server licenses purchased" In the licensing application I show that for "Per Server Purchased" we have 100 licenses and for "Per Server Reached" the value is -112 (!??). When I select the properties of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, it shows we have 100 licenses purchased and have reached 94. Even this 94 amount is hard to believe. There are a total of 48 mailboxes showing in ESM and at the very most I...

Compare 2 worksheets #2
How do I do a side by side comparison of two worksheets? If you are using Excel 2003 use "Window>Compare side by side with..." For other versions of Excel check the following knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=119718 Tony kjones wrote: > How do I do a side by side comparison of two worksheets? ...

Import Outlook 2003 pst file to Outlook 2000 #2
Importing pst file from hard drive after copying file over from cd and unchecking read only attribute. One posted message said when exporting form 2003 you have to tell it to export for Outlook version 2000. Didn't see where that was an option - is there anymore information on this? Also mention of unicode by someone else was unfamiliar. I didn't see anything about unicode in the export process. Can you please explain what it is or give me additional advise/instruction. Thanks, Tlm When trying to copy contacts and emails from new version on one machine to older version ...

Recovery Storage Groups on seperate server
Environment - One Exchange 2003 Standard Server SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1 with one Storage Group - 4 databases under that storage group. Problem - Currently I am expermenting in our test environment with the use of Recovery Groups in an attempt to create a more timely DR process. Is there anyway to have the restored databases for a Recovery Storage Group on a seperate server from the original databases? In other words can you somehow point the recovery storage groups to something other than a local drive? I've attempted trying to point just using a mapped network drive, but rec...

Transmitting Outlook data to a web server
I am looking for a solution on how to publish data in Outlook to a web server. A custom web app will be written to access the data published to its server and and display it in some special way. I will either need to write custom VBA for Outlook that transmits the data to the web server or use some third-party tool that integrates into Outlook that will transmit the data for me. The data is sent in only one direction - from client to server. The data on the server is read- only. Whenever the user changes data in Outlook, either it gets sent to the server automatically (the preferred wa...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

Getting started #2
I would like to use Outlook with my gmail account and am having trouble getting connected. I need instructions on how to do this and how to receive and send mail. I am using Outlook 2002. Using Google's Help files does a wonderful job - try it the next time you need help with gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&query=outlook%202002&topic=&type=f&ctx=search --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After...

Runtime to Terminate
I just bought a new desktop with Windows XP. I loaded Office 2000 and everything worked fine until Norton Antivirus booted up. Now I keep getting a message that says the "application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". After the message, outlook will not work until I close the app and then reopen. Any fixes??? ...

Calendar OL 2002 #2
Archiving does not seem to delete items from calendar. How does one clean up calendar automatically say every 6 months or so? ...

Security for an ADP; what is Access part? What is SQL server's part.
I have an ADP (Access forms, etc with SQL Server backend) How would I implement security for end users? Do I set up in Access? Then how does access talk to SQL Server? Do I set up user accounts in SQL Server? To I configure both? Isn't their an application role in SQL Server? I need a general framework to start with. Any advice or links would be appreciated. Mike I generally use integrated Windows security with SQL-Server, then create an Access ADE (or more often an MDE) for the Access Front-end. You don't need to login, but you do need to be in a group with permissions to ...

How to Configure Exchange with Outgoing Server Authentication
I am trying to figure out how to set up Exchange 2003 to send using authentication. All of the users have an Exchange mailbox which collects their mail via the POP Connector. When they send, it was going out via DNS through the ISP. The ISP just cranked down and now most of the emails are being returned saying that unauthorized relaying is denied. How do I set up the outgoing mail to authenticate? We use another company for email hosting and the POP Connector to retrieve messages. The Exchange server sends out the messages for most of the users. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...

Server side rule
I am trying to figure out how to create a server side rule that when an e-mail comes in to the server. The e- mail message is delivered to multiple mailboxes. Here is an example, bill from company ABC sends an e-mail to my company with the subject as real-estate properties. The e-mail is addressed to Steve@mycompany.com. The e-mail is delivered to the mailboxes of Steve, and also Chris, Debra, and Jim. Is this possible with exchange 2003? Thank you Norman I think this is only possible with a client side rule. An event sink might possibly work. An SMTP smart host would be abl...

Lost PST Password #2
Any safe way of recovering lost pst file password Recommend you to use Outlook password recovery http://lastbit.com/outlook > Any safe way of recovering lost pst file password "Hamid" <mhc1310@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8bb001c432ba$c95d0940$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > Any safe way of recovering lost pst file password Yes, you could try this: http://www.intertek.org.uk/services/ ...

Moving Exchange Server 5.5 in its entirety
I have an SBS4.5 machine which currently runs Exchange 5.5 in its entirety from d:\exchsrvr. I effectively need to move the exchsrvr folder and *all* of its contents to another physical volume (this is not the usual space issue as the drive that Exchange currently sits on is about to be swallowed up into a mirror set elsewhere on the server so I'm afraid that good old ex. optimiser is probably not going to help me here). For information, the target volume already exists and has data on it. To summarise, we effectively need to move exchange from d:\exchsrvr to e:\exchsrvr. Can anybody sugg...

Mail Server
Hi ,I have just installed Windows 7 and I find that I cannot have Outlook Express. If I continue with Windows Mail can I use my existing mail server or do I throw out Windows 7 for something else -- artysan Outlook Express was last used in XP. You're posting in the Vista newsgroup. Do you want to use Windows Live Mail, the successor to OE and Windows Mail (Vista)? That you can easily do with your current mail server with Win7. It sets up the same as OE did. Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download): http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview -- Bruce...

Deleted Root Web Exchange Server 2003
Didn't think I needed my root web so I deleted it. Low and behold this is what I used for OWA. How do I set up a new link to OWA? Thanks. Restore metabase from right before you did this - with Windows 2003 it backs it up often. Otherwise: Remove IIS and add it back. Run setup /disasterrecovery from the Exchange CD. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://w...

Updating XP on 2 computers
I have 2 computers at home each with its own OEM license. I only have a dialup connection ( a bad one at that) for getting the updates from Microsoft. I have been able to keep the O/S updated with some difficulty and much connection time with this lousy dialup connection. Here is the question: Is there some way that I can update the O/S of second computer from the downloads that are supposedly saved on the first computer? TIA Duke No. duke wrote: > I have 2 computers at home each with its own OEM license. > I only have a dialup connection ( a bad one at that) for gett...

CRM Workflow Manager #2
Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your entire network or from the CRM server? thanks with CRM 3.0 you can only through CRM server, with CRM 4.0 now you are able to create workflow any system -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Robin AGSS" wrote: > Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your > entire network or from the CRM server? > thanks Thanks Imran. We had a strange occurrence ye...

Detect termination of other process.
Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. How can I detect when this program is turminated? I tried to combine CreateProcess & WaitForSingleObject functions. But filed. Hello ShellExecute() will run the program so you don't need CreateProcess() again. If you call CreateProcess() or ShellExecuteEx() you can use WaitForSingleObject() to wait for the process to terminate. -- Elias "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23YQeGbddDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. > How can I detect when this program...

error id 80004005 #2
Hi all, I am running Exchange 2003 with Windows Server 2003. I am trying to add a distribution group to the client permissions of different public folders but I am getting operation failure with this error ID. The default website does contain blank host headers. Also my exchange server is in native mode. Does anyone know any other reason I could be getting this result? Thanks!! Matt ...

Terminating Application
Hi, Does anyone know how can I terminate an SDI application? To explain my situation, I'm trying to make an error handling mechanism and for some critical situations I have to terminate the whole application since it can't carry on anymore. I want to do this somehow that my classes destructors are called too. I have tried sending WM_CLOSE to the project's main window but it can't work out since I don't want my code execution flow to carry on after I sent this message (it makes unhandled exceptions). I would like something like exit(0) but it won't let the classes to do ...

Email templates in Workflow #2
Hi can anybody tell me where the email templates that are used in Work flow are stored in CRM. Also is there any online training videos still available for version 3 or 4. Kind Regards Jim Not sure about the training videos, but the e-mail templates are stored in "Settings" -> "Templates" -> "E-mail Templates". All templates created here can be used by Workflow's Send E-mail step (when using a template). Michael "Jim" wrote: > Hi > can anybody tell me where the email templates that are used in Work flow are > stored in CRM. ...

Two sheets merged to one changing colour? #2
Anyone at all -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27387 ...

Can't Open Excel File
I have a very large excel file (63mb) that I can't open. Everytime I try it thinks for a while and then spits out the error "Not Enough Memory." Now the file is ugly, using many external links, vlookups, etc. One sheet is about 8000 rows by 40 columns with many of those columns being fairly complex formulas involving a dozen other columns. Now I know what you're thinking, what the heck is he using Excel for something this complicated? But it's grown beyond what I expected it to be and I don't have time (right now) to move it into any other program. That aside, m...

LDIFDE very slow when run from Exchange server.
Hello, We've setup a test network consisting of a W2K3 DC and an E2K3 server with about 500 mailbox-enabled users. When we run an LDIFDE export on the DC, it completes in a few seconds. On the Exchange server, the same export takes several minutes. Any idea why it would take so long on the Exchange server? There is nothing strange in the event viewer. Bother servers have a similar spec, incl 100mbit n/w cards. Thanks in advance, - Alan. Other than the fact that you are running the export across the network, perhaps your network cards are not correctly auto-negotiating 100Mb/s. I ...