Temp Table Problem

I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table
names each time).

"An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does not
exist."

Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL.  It is only happening
on one computer.

How can I resolve this?
0
Ryan (208)

Did you try restarting the computer w/ the error?  Are all the modules
installed on this computer?

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table
> names each time).
>
> "An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does
> not
> exist."
>
> Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL.  It is only
> happening
> on one computer.
>
> How can I resolve this?

0
lbeach (25)
7/20/2007 7:04:11 PM
Yes, I restarted the computer.

The computer has Manufacturing and Fixed Assets installed.

"6538" wrote:

> Did you try restarting the computer w/ the error?  Are all the modules
> installed on this computer?
>

> "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table
> > names each time).
> >
> > "An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does
> > not
> > exist."
> >
> > Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL.  It is only
> > happening
> > on one computer.
> >
> > How can I resolve this?

0
Ryan (208)

Flush SMTP Temp Tables
Is there any way of flushing messages that are stuck in the SMTP temp tables? I have information on how to delete temp tables and their contents, but it would be useful to be able to get messages sent, rather than just delete them. ...

Dialog opening problem and drawing
Hi im having an application with its main window and on toolbar press and click into image disaplyed by application i want to open a simple modal dialog. Well dialog gets open only after i either minimize the main window or bring it back behind some other. also in that dialog im trying to draw in CStatic control wich i succesifulli do i guess however i want get anything dipalyed until that window is not moved of the screen and returned or got behind some other. what could be a problem for this refresh ? aris You could try calling UpdateWindow on your dialog (although this should happe...

updating pivot table
I have a spreadsheet that each month has additional rows added with monthly information in the datasheet and for some reason the pivot tables do not pick up the new months information, how do I set this so that pivot table will pick up septembers information from the datasheet and will continue to update monthly. Any assistance will be appreciated. You can use a dynamic range as a source for the pivot table. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html lynne wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that each month has additional rows > added with monthly in...

Printing Problem.
[Env: VS .net 2003/C++/MFC/Win98SE/Postscript printer] Hello All, I have an interesting error in a small app when printing. On Windows 2K/XP the app seems to work fine but on first testing on Win98SE the print does something odd. The printed page has a small logo image. This image is handled by a CImage object. After the image is drawn[Cimage::Draw(...)] on the page [printer device context], the coordinate system seems to get messed up and all further drawing operations have an offset as if the origin has been reset. However, if the monitor resolution is set to 1024x768 (it was 80...

Join two tables
Tbl.Address AddressID (PK) LName FName etc. Tbl.Client ClientID (PK) AddressID (FK) LName FName etc. I need to create a junction table because these tables have a many to many relationship. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but when I created the query I got no results. Any suggestions? Oh, and I wonder about my foreign key. How does Access know it's supposed to be FK? Thanks! Are you saying that a client can have more than one address AND there can be more than one client at the same address? That would be a M-M relations...

#Temp vs @Temp memory vs disk etc.
Hi all I have a query where I materialise (materialize) a set of records to a temporary table. There are a number of reasons that I do this rather than use a CTE or derived table that for sake of discussion (for now at least) i'd like to assume are valid :-) For another reason I need to use dynamic sql because the nature of the UI is so fluid (many column combinations). I use a #temp table so that the result set is avaiable both inside and outside the dynamic calls. This all works fine I am considering @Temp because I hear that the table is entirely loaded into memo...

Outlook 2000 file problem
Hello I'm using Outlook 2000. The file outlook.pst is on my flash drive (F:). I don't want it there but on C: How can I fix this? ummm.. move the file to C: "Suzy" <not@valid> wrote in message news:47aca29e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hello > > I'm using Outlook 2000. The file outlook.pst is on my flash drive (F:). I > don't want it there but on C: How can I fix this? > Surely it's not as simple as that? There must be some setting that put it on F to start with... "John" <a> wrote in message news:%23wuQ9uoaIHA.1184@T...

Take text out of table
Using Word 2008, we have a table of data that we would like to take out of the table and have it just show on the page as text. Is there a way to do that? Or can you select a table and just get rid of the table formatting and just leave the text so we can work with it as text separated by tabs? Thanks, Tom In article <ejsZAqg1KHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, tshad <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote: >Using Word 2008, we have a table of data that we would like to take out of >the table and have it just show on the page as text. > >Is there a way to ...

table is not displayed in word 2003 while copy the table form web
hi friends , there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word 2003.but the datas only displayed without table. please any one help me to solve this problem If you copy the data and look in the Paste Special dialog box (Edit | Paste Special), which options are available there? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Akbar" <Akbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC17B9EE-0299-470F-BF7D-F73E70958D6C@microsoft.com... > hi friends , > > there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word ...

[newbie] _lfind syntax problem
Hi again, this time, I want to do some binary searching. Therefore I have declared the following: BYTE *buffer; //holds pointer to data to search in UINT bufferlen; //length in bytes of buffer BYTE *pattern; //holds pointer to pattern to search for UINT patternlen; //length of pattern in bytes Now, I've decided to use _lfind for this searching (I'm not using bsearch, because AFAIK I'd have to sort the buffer I search in - and as I normally search in rather small buffers this would decrease my speed significantly - or am I wrong?). But somehow I don't get the correct...

Table of contents
I have created a large spreadsheet with numerous worksheets and would like to be able to insert a table of contents at the front of the report. Each heading in the table of contents would be the worksheet name. Is there any way of doing this? I know I can put a table of contents page in the report and fill in the page numbers by manually doing a print preview and then filling in each page number manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave wrote: > I have created a l...

New to Outlook, but have a capitalization problem?
Hey all... just moved to Outlook from OE, and now find that when I type an email in HTML format, and it ENTER to break a line by choice, that the first letter in that new line is always capitalized. where can I turn that "OFF?" so that the flow is normal looking? Jim Which version of outlook? It's an autocorrect options under spell check. You can either disable it or press ctrl+z to undo it after it capitalizes. Why not just type and let outlook break the lines? I (for one) find it very annoying when people break lines on their own - the lines are weird lengths or are ve...

Pivot Table with MS Access as DataSource
Hello all. Thanks for the help in advance. I am trying to use a UNC to pull data from a MS Access database as a external datasource for a pivot table in MS Excel 2003. I can actively pull the data, since I have a network drive mapped to the location, but others who have the drive mapped to another letter are unable to open the document and refresh. I am trying to figure out the best way to create this pivot table utilizing the shared network UNC. Please help! Regards, Me Hello, I would use a SQL query to pull the data out of the Access db. Then everyone can push...

Problem with Access07db being zipped
So we currently have users who are remote who enter their daily information itno an access db. They then "Send To Office". The db is zipped and sent to the home office and imported....That all works fine in access03, however Access07 is a different story. It seems to be something in the way Access07 zips the file, and I'm not sure where to look or what to do. Everything seems to be working fine, then the zip file always gets stuck and doesn't import into our system correclty. I have changed the default save db to save in Access03 db, but still the same problem when t...

convert all tables to local tables
Is there a fast way to convert all tables to local tables without doing each one individually. You mean convert linked tables to local tables? Just import everything into the backend and you will have all local tables.... -- Maurice Ausum "Luther" wrote: > Is there a fast way to convert all tables to local tables without doing each > one individually. No. You have to import each table individually. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Luther" <Luther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C3...

How to reduce table?
I have a table with over 5000 rows. However, only about 2500 rows contain info, the rest are empty rows (one row with info, next empty, etc). I deleted a few rows by clicking on them and holding Ctrl key. But is there a way to delete several hundreds of empty rows at once? If there is, may someone please tell me how to do it! -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Select a column that has empty cells. F5>Special>Blanks>OK. Edit>Delete>Entire Rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:56:51 -0400, "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote: >I h...

FA
I would like to create a report which mimics the Fixed Assets Purchasing Inquiry. I'm not sure which table holds this data. Can anyone show me a way to find out? Thanks jimr, FA01400 - Asset Purchase Master FA01401 - Asset Purchase Master Work Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Jim, In order to determine the tables involved with a particular window -- in this case the Fixed Assets Purchasing Transactions window, you can go to the Tools menu of the window itself, choose Resource Descriptions and select Windows. This will open the Windows Descr...

Pivot Table
Hi all, a double click on a "data" pivot item creates a new sheet containing all the related rows. Instead of this I need to have the VBA code able to obtain the same result in an array (without the creation of the new sheet). The pivot table is connected to an external source (Oracle db). Many thanks in advance. Kind regards, Rodolfo ...

Pivot Table
This is my first post here...I hope that i've chosen the right category.... My problem is similiar to other people's when it comes to consolidating ranges with Pivot Table (sorry for my english...). I've searched the forum but I haven't found either solution or workaround for my problem. My data is divided into 2 sheets, because i need to use more than 255 columns (about 433). It looks like this: col1(ID) col2(Chain store category) col3(address) col4(date) col5-col255 (product's data). One product uses 9 columns like: space on a shelf, price, comments.... Bacause...

Problems with Exchange 2003 Setup <Newbie>
This will actually work out to about 4 questions so please bear with me. I have installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. The machine is in domain1. We are hosting multiple domains, all our own: domain2, domain3, domain4... I have been setting up email accounts in Active Directory for several users. For instance I have a user domain1\John Smith and since he is our webmaster I set him up with webmaster@domain1.com, webmaster@domain2.com, etc. And likewise I alias all the sales@ emails to another user. Recently I added info@domain1.com to the sales user but no emails sent actua...

Pivot Table sort
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table of of some small data and when it is created it unsorts the dates. In my data sheet i have it as January 2008, February 2008,March 2008 etc yet my columns in the pivot are not in that order....how can i place them in the correct order? Use a helper col to convert the text dates to real dates, eg: In B2, copied down: = -- A2 where A2 down contains the text dates Then pivot using col B instead of col A, and it'll sort correctly in chrono order (you can format it as date to taste) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25...

Deleting temp files
I recently deleted some 2,000+ files from my Windows\Temp folder. I remember - back in my Windows 2000 days - I set up a batch file that executed on boot-up from the Start-up folder that deleted such files. What would the equivalent procedure be for Vista Home Premium (64-bit)? Am I able to duplicate that former procedure? Are there other temp files that are created that I should be aware of for deleting purposes? If I am unable to locate that former batch file, what is the appropriate command line for deletions? Gordon Biggar Houston, Texas Try downloading - CCLEAN...

mail delivery problems #2
Hi, Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what seems like no apparent reason we are having problems. The setup is exchange 2003. The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing sitting between the servers other than routers. Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these em...

Windows/Temp
All of the sudden, I can't get Excell to open. One person said to delete the contents of "C:/ Windows/temp". When I try that the system says that I should not delete a sub-folder called "Temporay Internet Files". I note that I have a folder with that identical name at the same level as the Temp folder. What are the risks of deleting all of Windows/temp? What do I lose? I've always ignored those warnings. I figured if something was nutty enough to write something important to that folder, it deserves what it gets <bg>. But I've heard rumors that so...

problems copying invoice form but then changing to a different font
I've downloaded an Invoice form (in .doc format) but the downloaded version has a font where all the letters appear unnaturally compressed. I've tried to change it to a more readable font (select all, then changed font to Arial, size to 10). Now the letters/font look good but the different lines and text entries are in the wrong positions. It looks like the size of the original page won't accomodate the new font and parts of the text have shifted to incorrect positions. If this is just a page size problem, how would I go about adjusting the new document before I change...