tables for a window

There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the
tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can
you please let me know.

0
jacktundra (359)

I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions.  If that's the case, go
to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows.

Leeland

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the
> tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can
> you please let me know.

No, this is something different.

You open a window say customer.

Next, you go to some option on the menu bar or tool bar which will give you
a list of tables linked to this window.

"Leeland Clay" <LeelandClay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions.  If that's the case,
>go
> to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows.
>
> Leeland
>
> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>
>> There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show
>> the
>> tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it.
>> can
>> you please let me know.

0
jacktundra (359)
3/17/2006 10:23:23 PM
You can do this by opening the Import window.  Tools | Customize | Import
(something?).  It'll then bring up a list of the tables linked to the form.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No, this is something different.
>
> You open a window say customer.
>
> Next, you go to some option on the menu bar or tool bar which will give
you
> a list of tables linked to this window.
>
> "Leeland Clay" <LeelandClay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions.  If that's the
case,
> >go
> > to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows.
> >
> > Leeland
> >
> > "Jack Tundra" wrote:
> >
> >> There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains
show
> >> the
> >> tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it.
> >> can
> >> you please let me know.

0
prot1 (1345)
3/18/2006 6:41:45 PM
thank you
"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> You can do this by opening the Import window.  Tools | Customize | Import
> (something?).  It'll then bring up a list of the tables linked to the
> form.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> rights.
>

> "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, this is something different.
>>
>> You open a window say customer.
>>
>> Next, you go to some option on the menu bar or tool bar which will give
> you
>> a list of tables linked to this window.
>>
>> "Leeland Clay" <LeelandClay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions.  If that's the
> case,
>> >go
>> > to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows.

> show

0
jacktundra (359)

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Start with the search window open
I have a spreedsheet that when it opens,I'd like it to open with the search window (Find Control F) open. Any help appreciated. Thanks Joseph Hi put the following code in your workbook_open event (this goes in your workbook module not in a standard module): sub workbook_open() application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:60e201c48282$6c7e9190$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreedsheet that when it opens,I'd like it to > open with the ...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Macro Xcel Windows
Every time I open a xcel file contains macro. A Micro xcel window pop up with message of "Macro may contain viruses. It is always safe to disable macros...." How do I get rid of this popup and go right into the xcel without this pop up Thanks. Hi Kyle you can set the security settings to 'low'. Goto 'Tools - Macro - Security'. Though I wouldn't recommend doing this. This feature should prevent macro viruses. If you have a Excel file with this popup though it does not contain macros, you may go in the VBA editor and delete/remove all modules for this specific...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

Issue with .jpg files in Vista/Windows 7
I'm having an issue with my JPEG files in both Vista and Windows 7. The files were created on my camera and downloaded to an XP machine. When I moved them to either a Vista or Windows 7 machine about 1/3 of them will not display. If I move them back, everything displays just fine on my old XP machine. I downloaded IrFanView on the Windows 7 machine and tried that. It didn't help. When I open one of the troublesome files I get the following: DSCF8623.JPG : Can't read file header ! Unknown file format or file not found! (for unicode filenames please aciv...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Windows Mail
I have Windows Vista and a few weeks ago my Windows Mail program started grouping email messages with the same subject. A little "+" sign appears which can expand the messages and show all grouped messages. I understand this system, but hate it. Is there a way to do away with the grouping all together? I checked all the settings (I think) and can't find a way to get it back the way it had been. Any help would be appreciated. While in the Inbox: View | Sort By. Select: Sent. View | Current View. Check: Show All Messages ONLY. -- Bruce Hagen ...

Keeping Window Location
Hello, I've written a DLL which consists of a dialog box. This dialog box gets invoked when a user pressess a specific button in parent app. When this dialog box is invoked, a user can move it around the screen and close it (fun stuff!). My question is this: is there a way to remember the last position of this dialog box so when it is closed and invoked again, it will start from its last position? I think Dialog Properities can enable this functionality but I am not sure which box to check to make it work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Victor. >My question is this: is ther...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Where to store user settings in a window application?
Where should I store user settings in a window application? For instance, states of checkboxes in some kind of a "options menu", (hashed) password, login, etc, etc... I googled a lot and i found proposals with a storage in registry as well as with the storage in a generated file (.xml or .ini?). What is the best solution? Thanks in advance. Check Application.Settings. You can specify a property and then bind it to a control property like a checkbox or textbox. An optional setting saves any changes when you close the application. - Very easy to use. Rick "Mazdonat&qu...

(Windows 2000 + Outlook 2002 + Exchange 2000) and Unicode ?
I've got Windows 2000 Pro in French version (so system locale is in "Western European"). And I have Office XP, thus Outlook XP. We've just upgrade Exchange server to Exchange 2000 SBS. So, according to what I've read, everything is supposed to be compatible to Unicode. However, I still find that I can't have non-Western European (non-WE) characters; neither display or input. For example, nowhere in the address book could I enter any non-WE character. Instead, I would just get questions marks. When I receive an email, the situation is a bit...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...

Pivote table adding Fileds
Dear All Happy new year I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it was exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i make refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed withot any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported again (with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the old filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the pivote table unless i restart the pivote table from the start , MY Question is , is...