Table Import Errors

I was importing item vendor data to 3rd party user defined fields on the item
vendor maintenance window using Table Import on GP8, and it keeps coming up
with errors.  The first time we ran it, it ran perfectly.  The next time we
tried it, to complete our update, it rejected almost every record, and
created an error log without any sort of explanation of why they all got
rejected.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?  We tried
importing from both a csv file and a tab delimited file, and both of these
files have the same results.  Also, we know that our fields are mapped
correctly, since we have successfully run this import before.

Table Import is insert only.

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> I was importing item vendor data to 3rd party user defined fields on the item
> vendor maintenance window using Table Import on GP8, and it keeps coming up
> with errors.  The first time we ran it, it ran perfectly.  The next time we
> tried it, to complete our update, it rejected almost every record, and
> created an error log without any sort of explanation of why they all got
> rejected.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?  We tried
> importing from both a csv file and a tab delimited file, and both of these
> files have the same results.  Also, we know that our fields are mapped
> correctly, since we have successfully run this import before.
0
klewis6238 (163)
5/27/2005 1:45:20 PM
We created a new user-defined field that we are trying to update, so there
are no previous values in this field.

"klewis" wrote:

> Table Import is insert only.
>
> "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
>
> > I was importing item vendor data to 3rd party user defined fields on the item
> > vendor maintenance window using Table Import on GP8, and it keeps coming up
> > with errors.  The first time we ran it, it ran perfectly.  The next time we
> > tried it, to complete our update, it rejected almost every record, and
> > created an error log without any sort of explanation of why they all got
> > rejected.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?  We tried
> > importing from both a csv file and a tab delimited file, and both of these
> > files have the same results.  Also, we know that our fields are mapped
> > correctly, since we have successfully run this import before.
You will need to check the Key Fields in the table. The new user defined
field might have the same key field as the one you have already created. If
thats the case it is seeing the same record already existing. Example: in
Great Plains if I create 2 Employee user defined fields each of them will use
the Employee ID as the Key field so if I import to one field I will not be
able to import to the other field if importing the the same Employee id. This
is a limitation of the Table Import.

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> We created a new user-defined field that we are trying to update, so there
> are no previous values in this field.
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > Table Import is insert only.
> >
> > "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
> >
> > > I was importing item vendor data to 3rd party user defined fields on the item
> > > vendor maintenance window using Table Import on GP8, and it keeps coming up
> > > with errors.  The first time we ran it, it ran perfectly.  The next time we
> > > tried it, to complete our update, it rejected almost every record, and
> > > created an error log without any sort of explanation of why they all got
> > > rejected.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?  We tried
> > > importing from both a csv file and a tab delimited file, and both of these
> > > files have the same results.  Also, we know that our fields are mapped
> > > correctly, since we have successfully run this import before.
0
klewis6238 (163)
5/27/2005 2:03:16 PM
Do you know if there is any other sort of key field I can use to update user
defined fields accessed through the item vendor maintenance screen, or how to
undo the import so that we can just re-import all of the data together?  Or
is there any other way to import to these 3rd party user defined fields?

"klewis" wrote:

> You will need to check the Key Fields in the table. The new user defined
> field might have the same key field as the one you have already created. If
> thats the case it is seeing the same record already existing. Example: in
> Great Plains if I create 2 Employee user defined fields each of them will use
> the Employee ID as the Key field so if I import to one field I will not be
> able to import to the other field if importing the the same Employee id. This
> is a limitation of the Table Import.
>
> "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
>
> > We created a new user-defined field that we are trying to update, so there
> > are no previous values in this field.
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > Table Import is insert only.

To undo just do a delete statement in SQL Query for the Records that you just
imported or if there was no a lot just manually delete them in the Table. I
am assuming you are on SQL 2000.

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> Do you know if there is any other sort of key field I can use to update user
> defined fields accessed through the item vendor maintenance screen, or how to
> undo the import so that we can just re-import all of the data together?  Or
> is there any other way to import to these 3rd party user defined fields?
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > You will need to check the Key Fields in the table. The new user defined
> > field might have the same key field as the one you have already created. If
> > thats the case it is seeing the same record already existing. Example: in
> > Great Plains if I create 2 Employee user defined fields each of them will use
> > the Employee ID as the Key field so if I import to one field I will not be
> > able to import to the other field if importing the the same Employee id. This
> > is a limitation of the Table Import.
> >
> > "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
> >
> > > We created a new user-defined field that we are trying to update, so there
> > > are no previous values in this field.

0
klewis6238 (163)
5/27/2005 2:27:15 PM
Our computer tech is not in today, and there were about 5000 records that
need to be re-imported, so we can't delete them manually.  How do you do a
delete statement in SQL Query, or how do you bring up the SQL query?

"klewis" wrote:

> To undo just do a delete statement in SQL Query for the Records that you just
> imported or if there was no a lot just manually delete them in the Table. I
> am assuming you are on SQL 2000.
>
> "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
>
> > Do you know if there is any other sort of key field I can use to update user
> > defined fields accessed through the item vendor maintenance screen, or how to
> > undo the import so that we can just re-import all of the data together?  Or
> > is there any other way to import to these 3rd party user defined fields?
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > You will need to check the Key Fields in the table. The new user defined
> > > field might have the same key field as the one you have already created. If
> > > thats the case it is seeing the same record already existing. Example: in
> > > Great Plains if I create 2 Employee user defined fields each of them will use
> > > the Employee ID as the Key field so if I import to one field I will not be
> > > able to import to the other field if importing the the same Employee id. This
> > > is a limitation of the Table Import.

I went into File>Maintenance>SQL, selected the table ID, selected Drop Table,
and clicked process, tried running the import again, and still no luck.  Do I
have to select any of those other options, or am I in the wrong screen?

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> Our computer tech is not in today, and there were about 5000 records that
> need to be re-imported, so we can't delete them manually.  How do you do a
> delete statement in SQL Query, or how do you bring up the SQL query?
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > To undo just do a delete statement in SQL Query for the Records that you just
> > imported or if there was no a lot just manually delete them in the Table. I
> > am assuming you are on SQL 2000.
> >
> > "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you know if there is any other sort of key field I can use to update user
> > > defined fields accessed through the item vendor maintenance screen, or how to
> > > undo the import so that we can just re-import all of the data together?  Or
> > > is there any other way to import to these 3rd party user defined fields?

Never mind, I deleted and recreated both the table and procedures, and the
import worked great.  Thanks a lot!!!

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> I went into File>Maintenance>SQL, selected the table ID, selected Drop Table,
> and clicked process, tried running the import again, and still no luck.  Do I
> have to select any of those other options, or am I in the wrong screen?
>
> "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
>
> > Our computer tech is not in today, and there were about 5000 records that
> > need to be re-imported, so we can't delete them manually.  How do you do a
> > delete statement in SQL Query, or how do you bring up the SQL query?
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > To undo just do a delete statement in SQL Query for the Records that you just
> > > imported or if there was no a lot just manually delete them in the Table. I
> > > am assuming you are on SQL 2000.

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

error 646 05-27-10
Please i need help error code 646 i see a lot of people is having trouble with these issue we are not getting any help to solve update code 646 Another one who doesn't read the replies that explain it. "Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5501BB7-0FCA-4BB2-9F4E-51C44187E4C5@microsoft.com... : Please i need help error code 646 i see a lot of people is having trouble : with these issue we are not getting any help to solve update code 646 http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?Refinement=112&query=646 "Ma...

Outlook closing without prompt or error
Outlook just closes without any sort of a prompt or error. Any suggestions ...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 307
Hi, I have DPM 2010 RC. Im installing an agent on untrusted domain. I follow the steps but when i try to attach the agent in DPM console i recieve this error. Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 307 The protection agent operation failed because DPM detected an unknown DPM protection agent on XXXDC01. Recommended action: Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall the protection agent from XXXDC01, then reinstall the protection agent and perform the operation again. Of couse i tried to uninstall and install the agent but nothing worked. P.S: When i ...

On Error trap not being triggered
Here is the code, the first column in the table is the primary key. I get an Access error window (with a negative error number) instead of the error trap being triggered. I need to trap duplicate inserts. Public Sub DupTest() On Error GoTo ER Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblLock (LT,Userid) Values('Q','dcmcspar')" CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL Exit Sub ER: MsgBox Err.Description, , Err.Number End Sub "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:869...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

XML reader error

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ! #2
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) We also have an Import Utility. The base option does items and related fix data. But it also does catalogue import. Additional module availa...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Connect PHP to Access database error

Error Send Message (ox800ccc0d)
I am trying to set up Outlook 2000. I tried to send a test message but received the following Send Error Message: The server could not be found (Account Pop3, Pop3 server, Pop3 Error Number 0x800ccc0d). How do I fix? Thanks, Val On Jun 28, 6:22 am, Vchick <Vch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up Outlook 2000. I tried to send a test message but > received the following Send Error Message: The server could not be found > (Account Pop3, Pop3 server, Pop3 Error Number 0x800ccc0d). How do I fix? > Thanks, Val Hi Val, Did you check : http://s...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...