string fields in smartlist to be able to searched by number

Current functionality in Greatplains 8 only allows the user to search on a
string field however when the results are returned the data included
irrelevant data and not that specified in the search.

Example Item number search between 1000 and 2000
Results of search on item number 1000, 100086, 100098, 2000
the results should only return 1000 and 2000.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=72989dc7-44d4-4759-a45e-34b00454f801&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

As you probably know, the reason you are seeing the results is because the
field is a string field. If it was numeric, you would get the results you
want. It's the same reason that if you searched from A to Z you would get any
records that began with the letters from A to Z.

"Automatci update of employee rate table" wrote:

> Current functionality in Greatplains 8 only allows the user to search on a
> string field however when the results are returned the data included
> irrelevant data and not that specified in the search.
>
> Example Item number search between 1000 and 2000
> Results of search on item number 1000, 100086, 100098, 2000
> the results should only return 1000 and 2000.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=72989dc7-44d4-4759-a45e-34b00454f801&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
CharlesAllen (483)

Record auto numbering
I suppose I shouldn't be concerned, but my record autonumbering jumped from 135 to 432,233 when I was trying to copy and paste common info. Any way to reset? Access Rookie If the numbers don't have "meaning" nor need to be sequential, no problem. Actually if they needed to be sequential or have meaing, there would be a problem as autonumbers often aren't as you just found out. Still that is quite a jump. Copying and pasting can be a problem. It's better to import instead. You could empty the table, like exporting to Excel, then do a compact and ...

Search a string in all worksheets ?
I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in Excel 97. However, it seems that it only allows me to search it in the current worksheet. Is there any suggestion ? Hi Peter............ In XL2k, I just highlighted all three sheets using Right-click on one tab and choosing Select all sheets..........then did Edit > Find > and typed my search string in the window and hit "Find next" repeatedly and it cycled through all three sheets finding the string...........is that what you're wanting to do? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@di...

Bad break field in an additional Header or Footer. Recheck.
Friends, I am trying to add a third party field in a report, with the steps provided in Integration Guide. But I got the following error. “Bad break field in an additional Header or Footer. Recheck.” This error comes in spite of removing third party field from the layout. If anyone can help regarding this, let me know. Look at the Additional Headers and Footers. If you have changed the index used or changed the additional sort, you might have an additional header or footer which is trying to break on a field no longer in the index or sort. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development C...

Error: field address (column 18) has changed!
Hi, In the DoFieldExchange method i have the following line of code RFX_Binary (pFX, _T("[TEMPLATE_IMAGE]") , m_baTemp, ImageSize) Image size is defined as follows: const int ImageSize = ( 8400000 ); When i load the value into my class member variable(m_baTemp) and Call CRecordset::Update() Following trace message is shown Error: field address (column 18) has changed! Can anybody please tell me what could be the possible reasons... Thanks in Advance.. San ...

deleting a custom schema field
Hi.. Just want to confirm that the MMC plugin Deployment Manager does not provide for the deletion of custom fields/attributes. Am I right in assuming that I would have to delete this using SQL Ent Mgr. If so - can somebody please tell me which db and table to delete from Ta Chris Once you have added new fields into the CRM Schema through deployment manager you cannot remove them. note that because of a limit on SQL servers record size you can get to a point when crm will tell you that you cannot add another field so you should always question whether a field needs to be added or is s...

XmlTextReader to a xml string
I want to use FOR XML in my query so I'm going to use the ExecuteXmlReader method? The trouble I'm having now is streaming the results to a string for output as an XML document. Also, since the XML that comes from teh query is not a complete document it's a fragment without a root element. So, any ideas about how to get his into a string? --Buddy Buddy Ackerman wrote: > I want to use FOR XML in my query so I'm going to use the ExecuteXmlReader > method? The trouble I'm having now is streaming the results to a string for > output as an XML document. Also, ...

Limited Form Field (text) continuation page
I am using Word 2007. I have a form with a text field on it with a length limit to protect the integrity of the form. However, I have found that many times the form length is not sufficient for the information that is required. I would like to add an additional page with some header information to link to other form fields on the first page, however, I don't want to do this unless there is more information than will fit in the first form section. I have a small section of text in the corner of my form field that tells the user that an additional page can be used. I can a...

Tabbing to fields should highlight the field contents
Make tabbing to fields in ALL windows highlight the field's entire contents so an entry will replace everything there. This will greatly speed data entry. If one wants to append and not replace, a single click should allow cursor placement to do so. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

How can you copy selected cells when one cell contains a specified string?
Hi! I need to paste selected cells into different worksheets. The cells contain information like: date, amount, category eg: 24/08/04, 590, eggs 25/08/04, 430, cheese what I wanna do is copy date and amounts to eggs worksheet or cheese worksheet, depending on whether category is eggs or cheese. Is there a way to combine the IF function with a paste link, or something like that? Thanks a bundle in advance! Jon. Formulas return a value to the cells in which they reside. They cannot perform actions, such as copy,paste ect. what you want is possible but you didn't not provide enou...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

How do I write a string in the destination element depending on what the string is in the source, using XSLT/XPath? (Like a switch statement.)
Is there something like a switch statement in XPath? What I want to do is this: In the source there is an element called "member" with either the value "0" or "1". In the destination element (also called "member") the value should be "No" or "Yes" (Where "0" corresponds to "No" and "1" to "Yes"). How do I do this? Joakim Olesen wrote: > Is there something like a switch statement in XPath? What I want to do is > this: > > In the source there is an element called "member&quo...

export including custom fields
I have created a custom field in my Outlook contacts file, but it does not appear in the "map custom fields" box when i am exporting my file. How can i get it to show up? Outlook doesn't support exporting custom fields. Quick and dirty method: 1. Put all the items from your form in one folder. 2. Use a table view to display all the data fields that you want to export to Excel. 3. Choose Edit | Select All. 4. Choose Edit | Copy. 5. Paste to Excel. Otherwise, you'd have to write custom code or use a third-party application. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimpor...

PURCHASINF DISTRIBUTION ENTRY
In MSGP V. 10, when reviewing the Receiving Transaction Entry batch for proper account numbers, when edits are required we are unable to change these account numbers. An error message appears "Message "9539 missing". -- Anne Wickens Niagara Falls, Ontario Hi, Let me try to be as much non-technical as possible. Messages in GP are stored in the dictionary with a unique value assigned to it. The processes would invoke the Message ID to show the warnings, instead of the direct string. In version 10.0, we don't have any message with the ID 9539. And some process is...

'To' Field
Hi All, Is there a way of turning off the 'To' field in Outlook 2003 on new messages. I have a client who needs to make sure all outgoing messages are sent Bcc so they want to hide the 'To' field to stop any mistakes. TIA Terry ...

Numbering a list in a text box.
Hello folks. I thought this would be quite easy, but I 'm having real problems with it. I have a text box with 30 lines of text. I want the first 15 lines numbered 1 to 15. (easy enough) I then want the next 15 lines numbered 1 to 15 (problems start) What I have done is to go to Format, Bullets and Numbering, Numbering. I have selected a format style (the first one), start numbering at 1, and then the end result is that the numbering starts at 16 anyway. Anyone genius enough to know how to fix? Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. <-&...

Error Number: 0x800C0131
Hi, i've been having alot of problems with outlook 5.0 for ME but now this error is repeatedly coming up. It is refusing to recieve or send emails from varying accounts. What should i do? Thanks, Andrea This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.window...

Linking forms field and table field .
Dear All, I have a form but i could not move to the next record and even i could n't save the records to the table. How can a table and a form fields can be linked.I'm encountering #Name error. Can anybody look out the form and advise me. Help is deeply welcome. Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06, >> How can a table and a form fields can be linked. A form can have, as it's RecordSource, a table, or a query Most times, it's a query. Place your cursor in your form's RecordSource textbox, and click the arrow that appears on the right. Using th...

How to find a text in a string without giving the position of the
My requirement are I want to find a particular text in a string with out giving the position of the text . I believe that if we use find and search we have to give the text position for the particular text. Can anyone guide me what should be the function used for getting this. Post example(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Sreekanth" <Sreekanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2ABF7FC-5745-4863-AA05-4EC1D61C825E@microsoft.com... > My requirement are > I want to find a particular text in...

Stringing formulas again
Hey there Roger, once again this formula thing is driving me crazy...I can visualize what I want to do but can't work out the formula...This is how I see it in my mind =IF(AI13,AW13,BI13,BW13,CJ13="N","",IF(AI13,AW13,BI13,BW13,CJ13="R","",SUM(AI13+AW13+BI13+BW13+CJ13/100)))) What do you think? Cheers David Perhaps this will help........... =IF(OR(AI13="N",AW13="N",BI13="N",BW13="N",CJ13="N",AI13="R",AW13="R",BI13="R",BW13="R",CJ13="R"),""...

SY02000 fields
What do the RESTYPE and RESID fields represent in the SY02000 (Security Restrictions) table? Hi David, RESTYPE is essentially which resource type was the user granted. The variations can be windows, reports. RESID is the resource ID specific to the resource dictionary. Each resource dictionary (.DIC) i.e. modules (including third party), has their own series resource ID's. The two fields metioned above is specific to DICTID i.e. the spefic product or modules intgerated with GP. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS Microsoft Certified Technology Speci...

Restart Slide Numbers?
Is it possible to restart slide numbers in the middle of a presentation? I am using PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP. In article <60518E92-9906-4816-8CE7-C9721B0D1933@microsoft.com>, Nina wrote: > Is it possible to restart slide numbers in the middle of a presentation? > > I am using PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP. Other than removing the automatic numbers and manually adding your own (or writing macro code to do the job), no. ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.pptfaq.com/ PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint http://www.pptool...

Invoice Number Changes
Does anyone know how to change the invoice number after an invoice has been created? There is no supported way to do this, but you could probably do it via a direct SQL update. You will need to be careful though to ensure the value remains unique. A supported option would be to add a custom field that you control which is the value you want. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "brellim" <brellim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056E8E8F-08F6-4DD1-BA9F-8DED4686C5F9@microsoft.com... Does anyone know how to change the invoice number after an invoice has been...

Data Field in Pivot Table is Non-numeric
The data field of my pivot table is non-numeric and hence it is shown as '0' when Sum or Average is selected as the summarization option. I know that there will be only a single value for each cell in the data area of the pivot table and hence do not require summarization. How do I show the value (non-numeric) instead of showing a summarization Copy of the source data and the resultant pivot table are shown below Regards R. Ven Kochi Refineries Limite Indi Source Data Sample Property Time Valu CV17 Naphtha Density 01/15/04 8:00 >.783 CV17 Na...

Page number options
I don't want the first page of my publication to be page number one. I want page number one to start five pages into booklet. I can't figure out how to do this. Please help, I've been to library, Chapters Book Store and no luck. I'm using microsoft publisher 2002. pauljack@mergetel.com Hi Paulie the Pickle (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I don't want the first page of my publication to be page number one. || I want page number one to start five pages into booklet. I can't || figure out how to do this. Please help, I&...

Field Codes & What They Do
I've looked in Publisher's help files but can't find a chart that shows what are all the different field codes you can insert and what they do. I tried Microsoft's web site and I also tried searching with Google but didn't find a listing of field codes all in one area. Can someone point me to a resource to learn about field codes and their functions and to be able to print out a chart? Thanks, Kory After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kory Hagler <kory_hagler@hotmail.com>... > Can someone point me to a resource to learn ...