Stored Procudures to increment invoice and payment numbers

Hi,
Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
jholmes76 (7)

There is an assembly, Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.MiscRoutines, sorry I
cannot recall the name precisely. You can call a method called
getNextSopNumber to get next sop number. If you don't roll back failed trans
with another method in the assembly, no problem.

There is a stored proc., sopGetIDNumber that lock sop40200 while updating it.

You can search the group for my posts using qqw4303 for more info although I
haven't got any response yet.

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)
10/20/2006 9:47:02 PM
Install Dexterity runtime, you will find the more descriptive table names for
SQL Server table like sop40200 etc.

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)
10/20/2006 9:58:02 PM
Hi, I found it. In VS2005 go to add reference. Click com and look for
eConnect GetNextDocumentNumber.

Add using GetNextDocumentNumber in your code and declare
eConnectGetNextDocument.DocumentNumberClass object and start from there.

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)
10/26/2006 7:08:02 PM
I got it! You just have to install eConnect8 side by side with eConnect9(they
are not in the same dir). Then you may run GetNextDocNum VB app, click get
Connection string button, on the interface that pop up, select your server
and you will get the connection string when click the getnext button
underneath the getconn button(in debug mode of course).

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)
10/27/2006 2:16:02 PM
Here is my own connection string:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=TWO;Data Source=MIS-GEORGE

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)
10/27/2006 2:17:02 PM
One more thing, you have to uninstall eConnect8 maybe reinstall eConnect9
after you get the connectstring from the getNextDocnum VB sample in
eConnect8. Otherwise you would get a cast COM to interface failed error. I
check with google and found the problem is from registery broken, I bet maybe
eConnect8 overwrite something of eConnect9. I uninstalled eConnect8(don't
need after you figure out the connectstring and made a copy of the eConnect8
dir) and reinstall eConnect9 the error was gone.

"Holmsey" wrote:

> Hi,
> Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro
> that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know
> what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates.

0
qqw4303 (24)

Variable number of entries per field in contact report
Hi, I'm not a db programmer, so this is painful. I'm creating a directory for our church. Singles, couples, families. I've got it all working except that if a family has more than one child, the family is getting one report entry for each child. How do I format the control so that if there are multiple children, all are printed in a horizontal field at the bottom of the family's entry? I have the children in a subtable with two fields, Child and Birthdate. They're linked to the ID of the family's db entry in the main table. The no code solution is to bu...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Sequential Numbering Set-up for Multiple Sheets in a Workbook
How do I set up the excel file to sequentially number multiple sheets within a workbook I have a saved file with LTD,STD and Life details. When I create a "custom footer" and select "& pages" it does not sequentially number each sheet as a different page number It sounds like what you want is to print all the sheets together, with the footer saying Page 1, Page 2, etc. To do that, select all the sheets and print. It will then do the page numbering for you. You do need to have the footer on all of the sheets to be able to see it. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Custon Number Format
I would like to format a cell so that the number, for example 135,000,000 would appear as 135.0M. Is there a way to do this? Thank you -- Allan Try #,##0.0,,\M Note the two commas after the second 0. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:09:01 -0800, Flipper <Flipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to format a cell so that the number, for example 135,000,000 >would appear as 135.0M. > >Is there a way to do this? &g...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

maximum number of songs per playlist in wmp 11
anyone?, it seems to be 10.001, but i want more...How? Are you sure that this is WMP 11? Windows XP or Vista? How exactly are you creating the playlist? I can create a playlist with almost 3.000 songs here just fine, on WMP 11 (XP). Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 22/05/2010 12:57, reinds wrote: > anyone?, it seems to be 10.001, but i want more...How? ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Can't Remove "Debt Reduction" Payment from Budget
I moved all debt into the "Debt Reduction Planner" to make use of the charts to see when my debt will be paid off. Now my Budget has a category called "Debt Reduction Planner" with an unknown number in it (not the sum of my debt payments) as part of my budget. I cannot get rid of it, and so my budget is that much under-funded each month. I even started a new budget from scratch - but it's still there. How do I get rid of the debt reduction category from my budget? Go to "Tools" menu. Click "Options". Click "Planner" tab. Click...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Quote Number
I would like for users to go into a form and reserve a quote number. Would like the quote number to be auto-assigned using mmddyy (then count 01 to xx for the day) followed by their initials. Basically result would be 02280801TR for the first then 02280802TR etc....Not mandatory for the Initials if you could solve the autonumber mixed date field...Initials could be another field in the database and could combine later. Thanks Tony, I would place the below on the AddNew button: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Me.txtQuoteID = StrReverse(Format(Date, "mm")) & Format(Date, &quo...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

Do not show negative numbers
I have this formula in cell S: =DAYS360(O235,R235). When O has a date and R does not it is giving me -38138. I do not want a negative number to appear, as this throws off the average days formula I have elsewhere. It may be a couple days before a date is added to R. What do I need to do? Maybe.... =IF(COUNT(O235,R235)=2,DAYS360(O235,R235),"") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "roy.okinawa" <royokinawa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621F6A99-93A4-4A96-8607-3D5D1F0A4FD4@microsoft.com... > I have this formula in cell S: =DAYS360(O235,R...

Hiding negative numbers
I know how to format cells and customize under the number tab, but is there a way for when a formula returns a negative number for it to have the cell be blank or equal zero? Thank you. One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom General;;0;@ XL display formats have 4 fields. By default the first is for positive numbers, the second for negative numbers, the third for zero and the fourth for text. By leaving the negative number format blank, XL will not display negative numbers. In article <1535501c3fa4c$eccf8f70$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

Mortgage
I'm running Money2004 Deluxe and would like to find out how to program the additional principal payments into my mortgage account. Thanks. ...

What causes system generated check numbers to skip a number?
It would be helpful to understand what causes the system, when generating check numbers, to skip a number? Even when I search for audit trail information, nothing. Am I missing something? Is this caused by a credit being applied? Is is a problem with our set up? Is it a software issue problem? Is this just another one of GP Dynamics numerous oddities? When printing the cheque information reports voids are included in my listing, yet there have been 3 check numbers that just do not appear. Why? Could these check numbers have already been used and this is why the computer system did ...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....
In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is created from HQ? In other words, do the new stores get the configuration settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file - configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....? Thanks for any insights. the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go). Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send that down, options no. "convoluted" w...

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

Recreate stores on a/a/p 2003 cluster
After a SAN disaster (don't ask!) i've got member nodes and virtual servers up running with new disks, but all stores are unmounted as the files were lost during the crash. For a Legato Networker restore it seems that the database files are required to be present. What is the recommended way to recreate the .edb and .stm files? I'm not happy with running setup /disasterrecovery on an otherwise healthy cluster unless I have to. Ole Thomsen FUT: microsoft.public.exchange.clustering ...

Counting the Number of Records That Exist Between 2 Dates
Hello all.... I have a table that has a few fields in it, including Project, Contractor, Start Date and End Date. I would like to run a query that shows how many Projects (rows) that a Contractor is assinged to that have over-lapping dates, meaning that if Contractor X has a Start Date of 1/1/07 and End Date of 1/31/07 on one Project and a Start Date of 1/15/07 and End Date of 1/25/07, it would show that there are 2 Projects for the Contractor that are over-lapping. Thanks. Jeff G Perhaps something like the following SELECT P1.Contractor , P1.Project , P1.Start , P1.End , P2.P...