Stored procedure and dictionary file problem

We have recently installed version 7.5 for use as a demo to prospective
clients, and have encountered a couple of problems.

When we try to login we get on of two different errors.

1. The dictionary file 'Dynamics.dic' being used remotely is 'out of date',
login fails and GP closes.

2. When One is successful at getting past the dictionary issue an error
message that states 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysdoesHrSysExist' stored procedure is
missing.

I have reloaded the entire system on a remote system and still get the
'Dynamics.dic' error, and I have checked for the stored procedure; it isn't
installed.

Any info on these would help.

0
jims710 (3)

Jimmy -
1. Your references to "remote" are not clear.  If you provide more details
about how you did the installation (where's the client software, where's the
database, what database, etc) I might be able to help

2. You loaded the HR dictionary but have not run GP Utilities to install HR.
 Run GP Utilities, select Install Human Resouces, select Process, and select
the Company database (TWO, Inc).

"jimmy stewart" wrote:

> We have recently installed version 7.5 for use as a demo to prospective
> clients, and have encountered a couple of problems.
>
> When we try to login we get on of two different errors.
>
> 1. The dictionary file 'Dynamics.dic' being used remotely is 'out of date',
> login fails and GP closes.
>
> 2. When One is successful at getting past the dictionary issue an error
> message that states 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysdoesHrSysExist' stored procedure is
> missing.
>
> I have reloaded the entire system on a remote system and still get the
> 'Dynamics.dic' error, and I have checked for the stored procedure; it isn't
> installed.
>
> Any info on these would help.

0
BK (201)
8/27/2004 9:49:10 PM
The database is located on an Internet accessible server running SQL Server
2000. The client software is located at remote locations with an Internet
connection (i.e. dial-up, dsl, etc.). The database installed is the default
(Dynamic) and "TWO", plus another that was created as part of initial
testing.

"bk" <bk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jimmy -
> 1. Your references to "remote" are not clear.  If you provide more details
> about how you did the installation (where's the client software, where's
the
> database, what database, etc) I might be able to help
>
> 2. You loaded the HR dictionary but have not run GP Utilities to install
HR.
>  Run GP Utilities, select Install Human Resouces, select Process, and
select
> the Company database (TWO, Inc).
>

> "jimmy stewart" wrote:
>
> > We have recently installed version 7.5 for use as a demo to prospective
> > clients, and have encountered a couple of problems.
> >
> > When we try to login we get on of two different errors.
> >
> > 1. The dictionary file 'Dynamics.dic' being used remotely is 'out of
date',
> > login fails and GP closes.
> >
> > 2. When One is successful at getting past the dictionary issue an error
> > message that states 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysdoesHrSysExist' stored procedure
is
> > missing.
> >
> > I have reloaded the entire system on a remote system and still get the
> > 'Dynamics.dic' error, and I have checked for the stored procedure; it
isn't
> > installed.
> >
> > Any info on these would help.

0
jims710 (3)
8/28/2004 7:38:36 PM
Jimmy

Please note that the configuration you describe is not a
recommended setup and that you should seriously consider
using Terminal Services or Citrix.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

0
dmusgrav (157)
8/31/2004 5:07:19 AM
David,

Could you explain 'why'?

It seems to me that using Terminal Services would seriously increase our
bandwidth requirements. Using Citrix would give me one more thing to manage
(which I don't really want...)

My company wants to provide Great Plains functionality from a centralized
location for several different clients and it seems our project managers
think this is possible. I want to keep it simple (for management,
operational, and security reasons).

If, however, there is a good reason that our current plan won't work
properly, I need a simple way to find out so that I can explain 'why' it
won't work.

Thanks.

"David Musgrave" <dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jimmy
>
> Please note that the configuration you describe is not a
> recommended setup and that you should seriously consider
> using Terminal Services or Citrix.
>
> David Musgrave
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

0
jims710 (3)
9/1/2004 3:24:35 PM
Hi

AS David says Terminal Services is the recommended route.  I dont know how
you got the idea of 'Terminal Services using twice as much bandwidth' from?

Since you want to keep it simple, it would be alot easier to run the Great
Plains Client on a TS or Citrix server purely to centralise the
administraion (include service packs and hotfixes roll out) and keep the
costs down of bandwidth usage.  You are using more bandwidth using a direct
connection to SQL,  this can also be a security issue when connection ODBC
over a internet connection.

We have many clients using host providers or hosting themselves to host the
SQL and Terminal services for them to connect remotely via VPN.    The only
advantage of having Citrx over TS is lower bandwith usage and you can
publish  the application on the Citrix server to the desktops (if you chose
to have them on the client desktop), also with Citrix you can do load
balancing.   It all depends on how many remote users will be connecting to
the Thin Client server,  if below 30 users Terminal Services will be
recommend route.

The only issue is printing, since it uses high bandwith,  but this would be
the same issue if you decide to stay with your current plan.

Regards

James

"jimmy stewart" <jims@wolfmagick.com> wrote in message
> David,
>
> Could you explain 'why'?
>
> It seems to me that using Terminal Services would seriously increase our
> bandwidth requirements. Using Citrix would give me one more thing to
> manage
> (which I don't really want...)
>
> My company wants to provide Great Plains functionality from a centralized
> location for several different clients and it seems our project managers
> think this is possible. I want to keep it simple (for management,
> operational, and security reasons).
>
> If, however, there is a good reason that our current plan won't work
> properly, I need a simple way to find out so that I can explain 'why' it
> won't work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "David Musgrave" <dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Jimmy
>>
>> Please note that the configuration you describe is not a
>> recommended setup and that you should seriously consider
>> using Terminal Services or Citrix.
>>
>> David Musgrave
>> Senior Development Consultant
>> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>>
>> Microsoft Business Solutions
>> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>>
>> mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com
>>
>> Any views contained within are my personal views and
>> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

Proper procedure when inactivating a user
I have inactived the user using the sbs console however the user still shows up in my global address list. How do I remove them? thanks Not sure what version you have, but in 5.5, you open the properties of the account and on the advanced page select to "hide" the name from the GAL. This does nothing to any distribution lists. The userid will continue to receive e-mails, so you need to remove them from and distribution lists............ -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Melanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c1c01c3e14d$00719140$a401280a@...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

problem returning a range from a function
Hi, It has been years that I’ve been looking for the following, and I’m still looking. I have a function that will be used in a spreadsheet. I want to have one range (Range1) be the input range, with the result provided in a second range (Range2). The function call would be this…. Public function MyRangesFunction (Range1 as range, Range2 as range) Some code here MyRangesFunction = some_value (wish it could be a specified range) End function The only way I’ve been able to do this is via a subroutine and some fancy coding that spe...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

OWA 2003 Problems
We recently upgraded from Exch5.5 to Exchange2003. While I love the functionality of the new OWA, many of our users have had technical problems. They find it very slow and it often freezes thier computer. This happens more often with users with dial-up access and older computers, but it is enough that I have been forced to keep the old site up as well. I am not happy about needing to maintain two OWA locations, but face the wrath of unhappy executives who cannot access their mail successfully from external locations. Has anyone else experienced these types of user problems with the new OW...

Single Click Files
Realized that I can no longer single click to open files. Found at Folder Options the single click radio button is grayed-out now. Can this be changed? ...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Image in Excel File is not getting copied
In a Excel File I have inserted one Image from Insert --> Picture --> Form File ... Now when programatically I use System.IO.File.Copy(srcFile, destFile) and make a copy of this excel file, then all the data in Excel File is copied but that image which I inserted is not shown in the destination file. What is the problem here? Thanks, Ashish ...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

How to remove read only protection from a file?
Everytime I save text or photos to a cd rom (rw), it saves it as a read only file which I can't manipulate. Why is this and how do I remove the read only protection from the file? Please help. Thanks I'm assuming you are trying to open and modify the file while it is still on the CD. Which you can't do, how could you, it's not a hard-drive. Copy the file off the CD onto your hard drive to modify the file. As for removing file protection, right click file and select properties to locate the file attributes. oh btw this forum is for questions concerning the use of Micros...

routing problems
After filling out an excel template saving it as an XLS, and routing to a few people for approval, two things happen, 1) someone down the line is getting multiple emails of the routings (usually 2nd person in line) 2) All the icons I created at the individual stations that use signature macros are now pointing to the saved XLS file located in the docs and settings directory and I have to go re-point the icon to the correct macro. What is happening and how do I fix it. ...

pst file #15
I installed the new outlook on my computer. It worked fine for several days. Now it won't open and I get this message: file:c:\users\Lelani\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Quit outlook and all mail enabled applications -- use inbox repair toolkit to diagnose and repair errors... how do I get to the Inbox Repair Toolkit? Thanks for any help Look for scanpst.exe (in the same folder) and run it against your .pst = file until there are no more errors. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail s...

Opening a file in a macro (network)
I have a macro that requires opening a file in My Documents. This may be a networking question that may require onsite help but what I was wondering is if there is a way in the code to specify to open a file in My Documents from "the computer you're on" for example (not sure how to word that). I'm trying to avoid having to create a macro for each computer because I will have the same file stored in My Documents on each computer. Does that make sense? For example, the code right now reads (for the computer I am currently on - "Blinds etc" is how the computer i...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

problem with interface appearance
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with displaying a button on a dialog. When I put the button on the dialog,it looks fine, even when I click on the test button of VC++ the dialog appears correctly. However, when I run the program, the button is only half visible, but it is clickable and works correctly. Has anyone else had this strange behaviour? Could someone help me w/ an advice? Thank you very much! Is there another control on that dialog? Can you move the button to another spot and still see the problem? "Leonid Nikolayev" <leonidnikolayev@hotmail.com> wrote in m...

Problem printing a poster
I have always used Publisher 2003 for my Am Dram publicity, but this time it will not let me print a 2 sided A5 handout, graphics are no more than usual, but when I try to print, the programme shuts down, and I then cannot get into the printer file to cancel the command, so I am stuck until I re boot the PC ! Tried repairing Publisher, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, but no luck. Seems to be something to do with the spooler. Help !!!! -- Jane G You are obviously getting a spooler message, what does it say? Epson has an utility that will remove a document from the print...

abn amro lasalle bank online problems...
I'm having a REAL tough time getting Money 2006 (trial) to connect to La Salle. I went so far to check the actual url in contact information... https://www.lsnb.com/onlineserv/HB/Signon.cgi This is NOT my bank! Help!? In microsoft.public.money, 4th wrote: >I'm having a REAL tough time getting Money 2006 (trial) to connect to La >Salle. I went so far to check the actual url in contact information... > >https://www.lsnb.com/onlineserv/HB/Signon.cgi > >This is NOT my bank! > >Help!? http://www.lasallebank.com/online_services/pc_money.html may have some info...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

opening dbf file in Excel: "cannot open protected file"
Office 2007 seems unwilling to open any of the dbf's that I'm attempring to move over from an old db program. None appear to have any special security limitations. I've googled the problem and all I get are statements about Excel 2002 and dbf files that begin with the letter "c". Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks. ...

Money file encrypted

Mouse Cursor Problem
I have a strange 'Bug', when I am in an Outlook message or on a Word Document, whenever I move my mouse cursor off the menu bars and icons at the top of the screen, onto the actual document the Pointer vanishes. I can still click on the page and a flashing type cursor appears, but there is no "Pointer". The only way to fix is this is a reboot and it has to be done at least once a day on the laptop. Does anyone have any ideas or is my laptop ready for the bin What version of Office and Windows are we talking about here? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-...

Problem with Z Report
Having intermittent problems with my X and Z reports wherein the Over/Short amount at the top does not match the tender over/short amounts at the bottom. ...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Online IT filing
welcome to the hassale free world of taxation. File your IT returns online on a click with just RS.99. ...