Statement Line Items not purging off statement

I have a few customer statements that although payments and returns have been
applied to invoices and paid in full are not purging off their statement??

There are a few different ways to achieve this outcome.

This method is when NOT using National Accounts.

I find most customers do not want to run the Paid Transaction Removal
process too soon, in case of voids and credits are required.

We modify the RM Statement and add a cacluated field to supress the body
when the current transaction amount is zero.

First step is to link the RM Open File to the RM_Statements_TRX_Temp, using
Key 1 for linking.

In Report Writer, select Tables and add the RM Open file to the report.

Create a conditional calculated field with an Integer type, and add the
RM_OPEN.Current Trx Amount = 0.00000 to the expression.

True case = 0, False case = 1.

Then in the reports section window add the calculated field to the body for
suppress when empty.

Hope this helps,

Mick

"tstrop" wrote:

> I have a few customer statements that although payments and returns have been
> applied to invoices and paid in full are not purging off their statement??
Mike - great answer!

Leslie

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> There are a few different ways to achieve this outcome.
>
> This method is when NOT using National Accounts.
>
> I find most customers do not want to run the Paid Transaction Removal
> process too soon, in case of voids and credits are required.
>
> We modify the RM Statement and add a cacluated field to supress the body
> when the current transaction amount is zero.
>
> First step is to link the RM Open File to the RM_Statements_TRX_Temp, using
> Key 1 for linking.
>
> In Report Writer, select Tables and add the RM Open file to the report.
>
> Create a conditional calculated field with an Integer type, and add the
> RM_OPEN.Current Trx Amount = 0.00000 to the expression.
>
> True case = 0, False case = 1.
>
> Then in the reports section window add the calculated field to the body for
> suppress when empty.
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Mick
>

> "tstrop" wrote:
>
> > I have a few customer statements that although payments and returns have been
> > applied to invoices and paid in full are not purging off their statement??

Why have cell lines gone away?
I've pasted a table from the web into Excel 2002 as HTML. It paste fine but the cell lines disappear. Each cell in the pasted area no longer has a line around it. How do I make the lines reappear? Thanks, Brett Brett I suspect the web page has brought in a cell colour with it. Select he cells and Format>Cells...>Pattern> no colour -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0403071526.3caac3c7@posting.google.com... > I've pasted a t...

Ability to email direct deposit statement to employees
Is Microsoft working on a way to email direct depsoit statements to employees without using Business Portal? If not they should. I have had several clients suggest this and it has been a deal stopper for getting payroll sold. -- TC I don't the specific answer to you questions but I've got a couple of ideas: 1) GP is headed toward Business Portal/MOSS. This combo gives MS more flexibility to add and manage features across their ERP products so if they think they have a feature that just happens to be in BP, don't expect them to spend resources to duplicate that feature elsewh...

crazy blank lines
I'm having trouble with the following line of code cat in.txt | sort | Group-Object | Where-Object {$_.count -eq 1} | Select-Object Name | out-file out.txt The output has a blank line after every entry that was not in the source how do I stop the out file containing blank lines? Can you provide some of the content of in.txt? It'll help in trying to determine the source of the blank lines. Meanwhile try the following, it should remove empty, and whitespace only, lines from the output of Group-Object: cat in.txt | sort | Group-Object | Where-Object {$_.count -eq 1 ...

Ignore a line in a CSV file
Hi all, is it possible to write a line in a CSV file in such a manner, that if somebody open the file in Excel cannot read the line? I want to write something like comments between lines, but this should not be visible in Excel. For any idea thanks in advance. Best Regards, Emil CSV files are plain old text files. So excel will see each line just like any other. There are ways that may work for you... Rename the .csv file to .txt Create a macro that opens the file (parsing the data the way you want). Delete the lines you don't want to include in excel. But if the lines are top se...

Excel 2007 cell grid lines
How do I display grid lines on a worksheet. Help tells me to tick the Grid lines box on the Show/Hide menu but when I do this nothing happens. -- Tenerife Alan Go to Tools menu, click Options, click View, and under windows options, select the Gridlines check box to show the gridlines. Hope it helps, Tina "Tenerife Alan" wrote: > How do I display grid lines on a worksheet. > Help tells me to tick the Grid lines box on the Show/Hide menu but when I do > this nothing happens. > -- > Tenerife Alan In EXCEL 2007:- View / Show/Hide group / make sure that Gridlin...

Can download web statements from one user login but not another in XP
When I login into money as user1 I can download my credit card statement into my without a problem. But when I am logged in as user2 the downloads will not work. The computer quickly does something when I initiate the download but I don't get and error message and nothing happen. Note the same file is used on both login cases? Any help out there?? ...

How to delete a line in msconfig/startup?
There's a now-unchecked line for an unwelcome Trojan in msconfig startup tab (AVG seems to have removed the other traces of the trojan). How do I get rid of this now-pointless line? Some regedit? The machine only sits idle except for running Total Recorder to record radio station WPRV M-F from 6 to 10am, so there's nobody clicking on anything or surfing. Not clear how the trojan got in. -- rhhardin@mindspring.com On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk. Ron Hardin wrote: > There's a now-unchecked line for an unwelcome Trojan in msconfig startup >...

Command line switch to open file as read-only?
I have a batch script which I use to open a spreadsheet when I logon in the morning. When the batch file opens the spreadsheet, I get a requestor asking me if I want to open the file as 'Read Only'(Other people use the spreadsheet and have it open). I'd like to bypass that requestor entirely. Is there a command line switch that will open the file as read-only? Please reply to the group as my email addy is, of course, invalid... Thanks! Take a look at "startup switches" inside Excel's help. From there, you'll see you can add "/r" without the quotes t...

numbering items in a cell
Hi, Is it possible to number items in a cell? This number should automatically increment when I enter a new item at the end of the cell as in microsoft word. Thanks! >Is it possible to number items in a cell? If there's some kind of unique delimiter that separates the items then you can count the delimiters and add 1. For example: 1,2,3 You'd count the number of commas and add 1. So, that cells contains 3 items red yes no blue You'd count the number of space characters and add 1. So, that cell contains 4 items. You should post some examples. ...

Additional mailbox in Outlook and Sent Items
Hi all, I've got a mailbox and an additional mailbox opened. When I send an e-mail on behalf of a additional user, sent email goes to my "sent items" folder. How can I force these e-mails to go to additional mailbox'es "sent items" folder? Thanks! Egidijus "blinas" <egisan.delete.this.all@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OVzMCPQVHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I've got a mailbox and an additional mailbox opened. When I send an e-mail > on behalf of a additional user, sent email goes to my "sent items" fo...

Recovering deleted items #3
Hi, I am encountering a strange problem. I am trying to recover mails which were deleted permanantly from my mailbox. After editing the registry settings i am able to recover all folders except deleted items. While I click on deleted items folder to recover the items outlook exits. Has anyone come across this problem? Thanks Shilpa hoe many items are in the deleted folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Error When trying to create new Item
Good Afternoon, I am in the process of trying to create a new item within Cards--> Inventory --> Item. When I table off of the Item Number field I am receiving the following error message: Another user is creating this item. Please note that there is no one else logged into the system at this time. I have run Checklink against the Inventory Module and it appears to not have corrected the problem. I am at a complete lost right now and would really appreciate some help on correcting this issue. Thanks Don I would exit GP and go back in. You may also want to restart the SQL Ser...

CMenu EnableMenuItem to gray out menu items won't work after calling ModifyMenu?
Any ideas why this would be. Comment out the calls to ModifyMenu, and EnableMenuItem works fine, but call ModifyMenu before EnableMenuItem, and EnableMenuItem fails with invalid parameter from GetLastError. Where are you calling this? Is it a CFrameWnd derived object to which is menu is attached? Perhaps show some code. _____________ Ajay Kalra (MVP - VC++) ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Colin Girling" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message news:NIOdnWH7MuGTWwHcRVnyig@giganews.com... > Any ideas why this would be. > Comment out the calls to ModifyMenu, and Enab...

There should be user defined fields on SOP lines
There should be user defined fields on SOP lines ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4db900e2-549f-40d2-bc4d-f32e802109bd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains I ...

Check for uniqueness of description in Item Master
I would like to check the description in Item Master to see if it is unique in order to prevent duplicate item numbers being created for the same item. With over 40,000 items in inventory, I would like to do this without a significant lag in response. Plus I am not certain how to check all of the other records in Item Master using Modifier with VBA. Is there a better way to check for this uniqueness? Thanks for your help and suggestions. Don- if exists(select * from iv00101 where itemdesc like '%NewDesc%') begin select 1 end else select 0 This will return 1 if it finds another...

How is Cost Analyzed for Items?
I am trying to understand how Item cost is computed with the RMS system. We are using the Weighted Average method. Microsoft does not give much documentation on this however. Some of the questions I'm trying to answer are: 1.) Does the item cost ever zero itself out? In my opinion, the cost should zero back out when the quantity of an item reaches zero as you wouldn't have any previous inventory on hand to calculate a weighted average with. Is this how the system works? 2.) How does the system deal with negative quantities? Is it still calculating item cost correctly wh...

How do I remove a summation line?
I did a summation on a column of numbers and a summation line was left of my speadsheet. How do I remove it? You can't just select it and delete it? What version of Excel are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/excel.htm "William H. Potter Jr." <William H. Potter Jr.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B90A03F-EA99-48C0-9A6F-2D8C1AC7DFAE@microsoft.com... >I did a summation on a column of numbers and a summation line was left of >my > speadsheet. How d...

Vertical Alignment within a Line of Text
I have a line of text that has text and pictures. I would like to have the picture vertically centered with the text, rather than being aligned at the bottom. I am using Microsoft Word for Mac. I have tried Format>Document>Layout>Vertical Alignment>Top/Apply To: Selected Text. Doing so does not provide the correct results. Any suggestions? ...

Shortcut for going to a particular line in a worksheet
Is there a shortcut to go to a particular line in a worksheet? I want a fast way to go from line 1 to line 1100. Does go mean change the selection to (say) A1100? If yes, then hit F5 and type A1100 and hit enter. If you mean select rows 1 to 1100, hit F5 and type: 1:1100 and hit enter blnorwood wrote: > > Is there a shortcut to go to a particular line in a worksheet? I want a fast > way to go from line 1 to line 1100. -- Dave Peterson put A1100 in the Name Box blnorwood wrote: > Is there a shortcut to go to a particular line in a worksheet? I ...

"to many line continuation"
Hello! To prevent the message: "to many line continuation" Is possible to change next: If [A] = "XXX" Then [B].Visible = False [C].Visible = False [D].Visible = False [E].Visible = True Else End If For something seemed with If[A] = "XXX" Then [A];[B];[C];[D].Visible = False And [E].Visible = True Else End If Thanks in advance. an The message doesn't have anything to do with the code you show. It means you have too many lines that end with " _" (without the quotes) to continue them onto the next physical line on the screen. ...

Stacked bar, bar and line graph
I am trying to create a chart with the following data: Series 1-8 with bars Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data) Series 1-10 with a line across all Is this possible in one chart? This should give you ideas: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE4C227-CB81-46F7-9D4E-B07ED353AFD2@microsoft.com... ...

Broken lines in a chart to display extreme values?
Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too small, like a bar chart of the values (10000, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5). The way to avoid is to use broken lines where the axis makes a leap from 10 to 9990 with a dotted gap inbetween. I couldn't find a way to implement this in Excel. Is there a way? Hi, It is not a built in option but can be constructed. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Metin Örsel wrote: > Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too > small, like a bar chart of the values (10000,...

CHOOSE function
Hi, Is there a way of using the CHOOSE function if you have more than 29 values? AND Is there a way of avoiding typing in all of the 29 (or more) values into the formula box? Thank you Wouldn't VLOOKUP with a lookup table be better suited than a great whack = of values in one CHOOSE formula? Or with a list of sorted values in A1:A34 and a list of values in B1:B34 In D1 enter =3DLOOKUP(C1,A1:A34,B1:B34) Enter a lookup value in C1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:47:55 -0700, amanda = <amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Too many lines on SOP Order document
Using the Great Plains 7.0 Report Modifier, I have modified a blank SOP order document. I moved the Page Header (PH) section down quite a bit so that the address would fit the windowed envelopes we use. The print problem we have are with orders of more than 29 line items. The graphics and text I put at the bottom of the page are shoved to the begining of the next page. The vertical column lines don't line up with the bottom border line etc. I tried using the "Max Record", setting it to 29, hoping that it cause the rest of the items to go onto the next page but they just...