Standards followed by Microsoft Dynamics GP

Hi Guys

   Is there any particular standards followed for Microsoft Dynamics GP with
respect to coding and quality? I would like to know the terminology used by
Microsoft if any.

Thanks
Pradeep
0
PradeepMV (108)

Pradeep

Look at Appendix B in the Dexterity Integration Guide manual for the Naming
Conventions and standards.

Hope this helps.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Pradeep M V" wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
>    Is there any particular standards followed for Microsoft Dynamics GP with
> respect to coding and quality? I would like to know the terminology used by
> Microsoft if any.
>
> Thanks
> Pradeep
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Re-exporting functions from dynamically linked DLL
Hi, I have the following situation: I have a 3rd party DLL which does not include a LIB file, just a header file with typedef declarations for exported functions (It is intended for dynamic linking) I need to wrap the DLL to allow for callbacks to my own code (in Lisp), and to do this I need to load the DLL using LoadLibrary and access each function that I need using GetProcAddress. So for example: The third party header will say: typedef INT (WINAPI * lp_function)(); Then in my c wrapper file: #include "3rdparty.h" #ifdef _WIN32 #define DllExport __declspec(dllexport) #else #...

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

8000 byte row limit blown while adding fields to Microsoft CRM Account object.
Hi all My customer has requested a great deal of customisation on their CRM implementation, particularly the Account object. As such, around 40 new fields have been added to the account object via the Deployment Manager. Unfortunately, we are at the point now where additional fields cannot be added, due to us reaching the 8000 byte row limit of SQL Server! The message in the event log is as follows: 'dmLog: New size of the attribute ({B806C9CD-554F-4BA6-80C2-0906640276BE}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.' This really leaves us in a bit of a pickle, because: a) We n...

Sharing Microsoft Publisher files online
What is the easiest and best way to post Publisher files online for those without Publisher software? ..pdf -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "schuleb" <schuleb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BE58087-0F09-4BF6-90AD-46E5DDC7AA00@microsoft.com... > What is the easiest and best way to post Publisher files online for those > without Publisher software? JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > .pdf Feeling brief today? PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) is a free way to make PDFs Adobe Acrobat (www.ado...

Updating credit card merchant payments in GP
Can any on help. I need advice on how to set-up GP so that credit cards bank payments offset the credit card sales. eg. how are credit cards treated ( receivables or cash)? I suspect they should be receivables but how do I apply the payments fro the bank to reduce the balance in these accounts? Green thumb Setup/create some credit cards (for payments received from customers) as follows: Tools>Setup>Company>Credit Cards = accepted from customers = bank card Enter manual payments to your customers AR accounts = payment type = credit card, select the credit card(s) you created ab...

GP 10.0 Reconcile to GL
Hello: Will the new Reconcile to GL feature in GP 10.0 "bomb out" in the export to Excel if the number of records is over 66,000? Also, has anyone ever gotten one of those "violation of primary key...cannot insert duplicate object..." upon using this? Any ideas on how to combat it? The spreadsheet does come about but not before getting this ugly error message. (End user has Office 2003.) Thanks! childofthe1980s Since Excel 2003 can only support 65,xxx rows, you'll always get an error. If you have that large of a spreadsheet, you'll have to update to Off...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

Dynamic named ranges
I'm trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into an existing Access table using Office 2003. Ultimately, the plan is to do it programmatically using TransferSpreadsheet, but to check that the file has no problems, I've done it manually with the Import Spreadsheet wizard. The worksheet has 43 rows, and I import a named range defined as "=Sheet1!$C:$E". The import works, but I get a table with 64K rows, all but 43 being blank! Is there a way to define the range so that only filled rows will be imported? I don't want to use the last row's address explicitly, because I wi...

Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library documentation?
I am an Agilent VEE Pro 8.0 software user (similar to Visual Basic) trying to write data to Excel and create Charts using the Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object LIbrary. I have not been able to find any documentation on the objects within this Library(other than the one liners supplied by the Library). Some of it is straight forward whereas some objects I can only guess what kind or why certian variables are passed around and the hierarchical dependancies of commands needed to accomplish things like using a column of data as X labels and rotating the X labels. Is there some book, web site, ...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Reminders on Follow Up items
Can I somehow set reminder on follow up item and have it reminding me when time comes? The problem is when this message is moved to some another Folder other then Inbox. When I leave it in Inbox, reminders work OK, but if I move it to another folder, reminder message does not display. Regards . . . . you need reminder manager from slovaktech.com or instead of using flags, create a task with a due date (drag the message to the tasks folder and drop it) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSta...

Dynamic Forms from XML
Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to create dynamic vb .net forms from xml. Is there an easy way to read in xslt/xml files and create a form with text boxes, combo boxes, etc.? I would also like to load in the data validation. Thanks Hi Brian, Please see my reply in microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vb. AS a supply, you may refer to following article on adding a control to window form dynamically: HOW TO: Programmatically Add Controls to Windows Forms at Run Time by Using Visual Basic .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;308433 Lu...

Standard reply
Is there a way of sending a standard reply to an email in outlook. With some email clients there is a reply with... option that allows you to reply to an email with a standard response. For example choosing to reply and adding the following text to the top of the email: Thank you for applying for the position but it is has already been filled. Outlook has stationary that allows you to setup templates for new messages but I can't find a way of doing this for a reply. You can use Wizard Rules for that. Post more info like version of Outlook and whether or not you're on an Exc...

Dear Microsoft....stop trying to protect me from myself
I bought the new Outlook 2003 and just discover I can't receive .exe files. WHAT THE ???? Microsoft, I bought you upgrade but now you are trying to protect me from myself. I always send .exe files to and from work. Now, thanks to some genius in your programming staff, I can't do this because I can't turn off the security 'upgrade' that prevents opening .exe files. Stop trying to 'Help' users by not allowing them to turn off security features manually. If I want receive .exe files, I should be able to. Stop telling me I can't. "scottweber" <...

Standard C++ Library
is it true that Standard C++ Library is pretty much include functions similar to the following java packages??? java.io java.lang java.util http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ct1as7hw(VS.80).aspx It seem to me the Standard C++ Library have headers to mainipulate string / characters, doing I/O, and data structure like Stack, Queue, HashMap, Vector, time, bitwise operation, exception, iterator on a collection ... etc which pretty similar to above "very core" java package So there are 3 types of library / header in C++? CRT (C runtime library) Standard C++ Library Platform S...

Microsoft Money 2004 Files
I'm a new user of Microsoft Money (2004) and I'm confused about Money data files. I currently have the following files on my hard drive and would appreciate it if someone would explain the purpose of each file and if I need to retain all of them: (1) QDATA (2)QDATA Backup 0 (3) QDATA Backup 1 (4)QDATA.Ird. Also, how do I get all of the above files in a single folder? Thanks, Steve These files sound like Quicken conversions. The .lrd file indicates that you have Money open, as it is the lock file. The first is probably the money file, and will have an extension of .MNY. The s...

Converting from 2002 standard
Hi, I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the 2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it due difference version. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, Sebastian wrote: > > >I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the >2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it >due difference version. Money cannot open a version localized for another country. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830 Get a later ve...

Using Microsoft.CRM controls
I am trying to build an add-on. It'd be great to reproduce CRM's L&F if I can. And as I was searching for a way to do this, I came across a third party add-on that does this by implementing Microsoft CRM controls, namely - Microsoft.CRM.Application.Controls.AppPage, Microsoft.CRM.AppComponents. I do not see any documentation on these classes and I am puzzled as to how they were able to inherit from these classes and create their web server controls. Also, when I took the CRM course, the instructor told us in the class that anything other than Microsoft.CRM.Proxy is not supporte...

Microsoft CRM Customization
Definitely not a seasoned expert at this...just a small business trying to take advantage of the customization features provided by Microsoft's CRM 3.0. Our business uses Microsoft's Dynamics (Great Plains) 9.0 and has gone through the integration process. Our first opportunity to take advantage of CRM 3.0 is to track our service issues. Cases as CRM would like to name them. I'm trying to customize my Case form and default viewer to show the main phone number from the Account information. I created the relationship between Main Phone and a new attirbute that I setup calle...

Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.
An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.", so I was unable to view the attachment. Is there a way to set Outlook to be able to receive MS Access files? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. "DaveB" <Burrone50@msn.com> wrote in message news:41513D53-41B5-4B55-8A46-3B7C6E5E6A94@microsoft.com... > An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Out...