SQL Study Group

 sql-study-group@googlegroups.com

Please join for support our SQL Study Group
0
creeves (44)

------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E

For those who want to join, the URL is

http://groups.google.com/group/sql-study-group

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 For those who want to join, the URL is
\par
\par http://groups.google.com/group/sql-study-group
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Group select view others' calendar outlook 2007
Is there some sort of shortcut to select/view a group of other peoples calender? Now I have to check the box of everyone, and then uncheck everyone when I only want to see my own calendar. see if http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-calendar-choice.php does what you need. if not, google for AutoIt. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLET...

How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively
How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively? Hi Prithvi, You can open all the required documents and then choose File + Save WOrkspace. The next time you want them all open just open the Workspace. Judith -- Hope this helps "Prithvi" wrote: > How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively? ...

How to protect a shared sheet but allow groups to expand
Hi, I am running Office XP and I am having a problem with protection and groups. On one of my sheets I have grouped some rows so that the plus/minus sign is on the left. Some of the cells are unprotected so they can be updated when the sheet is protected. The problem is that when the sheet is protected you cannot expand or collapse the groups. I found some code on Google that runs when you open the workbook and allows the groups to function properly and the codes works great. However when I share the workbook the code no longer functions and in fact generates an error upon opening the ...

sql summarizing help

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Matching two groups of data within one sheet
I have two groups of data A2:D1564 and F2:J1417. Each has a column (D & F) with 10 digit assignment numbers, most of which match from the 1st group to the 2nd. I need excel to match them keeping the other data in the row from each group with the assignment #. My second group has less rows of data, so for some there will be no match. example: A B C D F G H I J 11/01/2009 1086 Y 2014927206 2014927206 Z256 80.00 NULL NULL 1/20/2010 3462 Y 2014927740 10/17/2009 2102 Y 20149...

can't get CListCtrl groups to work
Env.: VS2003, Common Controls v6 Hi All, I have this CListCtrl in report view displaying a bunch of items. I wanted to use item groups (a new feature in common controls v6). You know, such as in the Network Connections in Explorer under Win XP : Dial-up, Incoming, LAN or High-speed Internet... Docs are close to inexistant but I thought it shouldn't be to difficult : - call List.EnableGroupView() - call List.InsertGroup() to create each group. - call List.MoveItemToGroup() to place each item in a group. Even though not clearly documented in MS docs, these steps are the same as describ...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

SharePoint Security Groups
Why when i create a top level site with then created 2 child sites does the security from 1 child site carry over to the 2nd child site even though i told each site to use unique permissions? Ex: On child site 1 i create a group called SharePoint Guru and give it full control on site 1. I then go over to Site 2 and look in it's permissions and that group is listed there but the permissions on it says none. I don't understand why it would carry over to site 2 like that. If I delete the "SharePoint Guru" group from Site 2 it also deletes it in Site 1 I am runn...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

configuring news groups in exchange 5.5
Hi can anyone help me in configuring news group in exchange5.5? I am not sure whether exchange5.5 will support this or not? kindly help me... thanks gajanan Are you talking about distribution groups? "gajanan" <gmpai2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:1024901c43f1b$f53cdcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > can anyone help me in configuring news group in > exchange5.5? > > I am not sure whether exchange5.5 will support this or not? > kindly help me... > > thanks > gajanan ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Exchange Distribution Groups
I have a real stupid question. I just builded an Exchange 2003 server and populated it with user accounts and created mailboxes, how do I create a allusers group that everyone could send e-mail to. And also I want that everytime a new user is created it falls under this alluser distrbution group. I kind of have an idea how to create it in Ad but not sure what the correct process is. Thanks Amador You can either use query-based DLs or just create an "All Users" group, add the existing accounts to it, and then when you want to create a new user, copy an existing user. Amador Gome...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Grouping and Protection
I need to use grouping on a spreadsheet (Excel 2003). Having designed the spreadsheet which uses grouping I then want to protect it but in doing so it stops users showing and hiding the groups. I have tried variuos options within the protect sheet dialog box but to no avail. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks tony If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .E...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...