Sql Server Name

Hi,

i need the SQL server name from Dex globals if it is exist  for GP 8 , as i
will use it as a parameter ,

please note that i don't need the datasource name "ODBC Name"

you answers will be appreciated

thank you

0
Lotus1 (12)

Have a look at this KB Article that explains how to get the SQL Instance name
from Dexterity via passthrough SQL.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;907674

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Lotus" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need the SQL server name from Dex globals if it is exist  for GP 8 , as i
> will use it as a parameter ,
>
> please note that i don't need the datasource name "ODBC Name"
>
> you answers will be appreciated
>
> thank you

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
5/8/2006 2:17:01 AM
thank you
it really helped me so much

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Have a look at this KB Article that explains how to get the SQL Instance name
> from Dexterity via passthrough SQL.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;907674
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Lotus" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i need the SQL server name from Dex globals if it is exist  for GP 8 , as i
> > will use it as a parameter ,
> >
> > please note that i don't need the datasource name "ODBC Name"
> >
> > you answers will be appreciated
> >
> > thank you

0
Lotus1 (12)

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Domain name msoffice.com.xx (Is it legal?)
I've searched through the web & found "msoffice.com.ua" being a registered entity in Russia. I intend to register a domain name also using "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" for Microsoft office consulation purpose. Microsoft itself is using "office.microsoft.com". Eventhough we click to "msoffice.com", it will still point to "office.microsoft.com". Does anybody know if the public can REALLY legally use "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" as a domain name? ...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

How to get the file title name?
Hello to all, Given the following full file name: "C:\Temp\Directory\File.dat" Is there a way to get the title name "File" from the full file name? Thank you, Geo >Given the following full file name: "C:\Temp\Directory\File.dat" >Is there a way to get the title name "File" from the full file name? You can use the _splitpath() function. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Here are some functions that may be useful for you. You have to include Shlwapi.h and .lib. Tom #define BACK_SLASH _T("\\") // // Returns the file...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

Find Folder Names
Hi To find a list of files within a folder no problem, but I am stuck trying to find all folder names within a folder In folder Music I have 900 folders of the artists name I want to loop through each folder to check the data created. Can you help please? Post the code you are using to find files at the moment because there should be little difference between finding files and finding folders. The best way to find files is to use the FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose triplet of APIs, this returns files & folders and all you need to do is test their attributes to work out wh...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Tab Name #2
How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and displays it in the sheet. Something similar to "&TAB" used in the Header and Footer option. Thanks See Bob Phillips' site for formulas. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:58:02 -0700, Cantru <Cantru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template >that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and di...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...