I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am planning
to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
I hope u understand my question.

MK KSA

Generally speaking, personal editions are not robust enough to support a
product like GP.  I would stay away.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"MK KSA" wrote:

> I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

We have a few customers running GP on MSDE (SQL Server 2000) and SQL Server
2005 Express.

Note that MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB  and SQL Server 2005
Express has a maximum database size of 4 GB.

These are fairly small and simple operations.

"MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

0
Jamrock
3/14/2010 7:37:31 PM
Just piggy backing on Jamrock's response... if your company databases each
exceeds the sizes supported by MSDE or SQL Server 2005 Express, you will not
be able to restore them in these environments.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jamrock" wrote:

> We have a few customers running GP on MSDE (SQL Server 2000) and SQL Server
> 2005 Express.
>
> Note that MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB  and SQL Server 2005
> Express has a maximum database size of 4 GB.
>
> These are fairly small and simple operations.
>

> "MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
> planning
> > to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> > can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> > I hope u understand my question.
> >
> > MK KSA
> >

> .

SQL 2000 Peronnel Edition only allows a maxium of 10 concurrent connections.
Additional conenctions are queued.
If you have more than two DynamicsGP users, this limit will easily be
achieved, resulting in subsequent users appear to be frozen.
This is connections established to the SQL, not the number of DynamicsGP
Users.
This can also be a connection from FRX or any other applications hitting the
SQL instance.

Therefore, do not use the Personnel Edition for production environment.

------
Robert

"MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
>planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

0
Robert
3/15/2010 1:45:04 AM
Hi .....
thanks for updating me....

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> SQL 2000 Peronnel Edition only allows a maxium of 10 concurrent connections.
> Additional conenctions are queued.
> If you have more than two DynamicsGP users, this limit will easily be
> achieved, resulting in subsequent users appear to be frozen.
> This is connections established to the SQL, not the number of DynamicsGP
> Users.
> This can also be a connection from FRX or any other applications hitting the
> SQL instance.
>
> Therefore, do not use the Personnel Edition for production environment.
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
> >planning
> > to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> > can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> > I hope u understand my question.
> >
> > MK KSA
> >

> .

Outlook 2000 won't shut down compleletly
Whenever I shut down my office 2000 SR -1 (9.0.0.5414) I get the dialog box that says, "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits." And this never goes away. If I restart it and then exit it again, I then have 2 dialog boxes with the same error msg. The only way I can get them to go away is to end task thru the task manager. Any help on this issue? Hi Robert, please look if you have any Add ins in OL or if you using Word as Editor if there are some Add ins. Most time the Add ins let OL dont quit. You have to uninstall them and look what happened. -- Gestern lief noch al...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

exchange 2000 #16
Hello, Today I had some outgoing mail problems and my isp told me to going into my exchange server to change my smtp to there new smtp address. He explained to me he did not no where to go and help me with this. I was wondering were do I go and take care of this process? thanks for your help John In news:CC2E244F-EB13-484B-88A4-6B9BDCA16C3E@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello, > > Today I had some outgoing mail problems and my isp told me to going > into my exchange server to change my smtp to there new smtp address. > He explained t...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Missing Mail After Outlook 2000 to 2003 Upgrade
....this is a weird one...perhaps someone can at least tell me if this is even possible!!! I converted a user from Office (and Outlook) 2000 to 2003....this was done because the user had maxed out their PST file at 2GB and was starting to have problems. I didn't realize that converting to 2003 was not enough...and that the actual PST from Outlook 2000 would not resolve the size issue without converting it over to a 2003-friendly version. Anyway, after finally getting it all to work properly (and get past the file size issue), I am being told by the user that some of her mail is mi...

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

RMS should allow local editing of global customers
The concept that you can have global customers without being able to edit the data where the customer interacts with the store is troubling. I understand that you need to be able to handle changes at multiple locations, but take a look at 95% of the events that occur with customers and you see that 1. it is much more frequent annoying that you can't edit a customer record at tha store than 2. it is to rarely if ever have a customer that hits two stores during 1 update period with simultaneous updates (or with HQ and a customre having simultaneous updates). You punish the 95% where...

Worksheet locked for editing
My daily roster worksheet is on a shared drive and accessed by up to 40 people on a 24 hour basis. First one to open it automatically locks it and others ,including myself, have 'read only' access. I need to edit this roster several times a day. Can I configure this worksheet to allow myself only to have 'locked for editing' permission and all other users 'read only' access. Thanks Mac Click TOOLS on the menu and select SHARE WORKBOOK and on the EDITING tab of the dialog box, check the ALLOW CHANGES BY MORE THAN ONE USER AT THE SAME TIME to on. However, shared...

Hyperlink problem 2003 to 2002 and 2000
We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the hyperlink. Anyone know how to resolve? Save it as a htm? "Bob" wrote: > We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create > in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the hyperlink. > Anyone know how to resolve? > > > Saving as an HTM will not help as users share the workbook. The hyperlinks are to move users between worsheets in the workbook. "Bob" <bob@...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...