I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am planning
to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
I hope u understand my question.

MK KSA

Generally speaking, personal editions are not robust enough to support a
product like GP.  I would stay away.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"MK KSA" wrote:

> I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

We have a few customers running GP on MSDE (SQL Server 2000) and SQL Server
2005 Express.

Note that MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB  and SQL Server 2005
Express has a maximum database size of 4 GB.

These are fairly small and simple operations.

"MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

0
Jamrock
3/14/2010 7:37:31 PM
Just piggy backing on Jamrock's response... if your company databases each
exceeds the sizes supported by MSDE or SQL Server 2005 Express, you will not
be able to restore them in these environments.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jamrock" wrote:

> We have a few customers running GP on MSDE (SQL Server 2000) and SQL Server
> 2005 Express.
>
> Note that MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB  and SQL Server 2005
> Express has a maximum database size of 4 GB.
>
> These are fairly small and simple operations.
>

> "MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
> planning
> > to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> > can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> > I hope u understand my question.
> >
> > MK KSA
> >

> .

SQL 2000 Peronnel Edition only allows a maxium of 10 concurrent connections.
Additional conenctions are queued.
If you have more than two DynamicsGP users, this limit will easily be
achieved, resulting in subsequent users appear to be frozen.
This is connections established to the SQL, not the number of DynamicsGP
Users.
This can also be a connection from FRX or any other applications hitting the
SQL instance.

Therefore, do not use the Personnel Edition for production environment.

------
Robert

"MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
>planning
> to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> I hope u understand my question.
>
> MK KSA

0
Robert
3/15/2010 1:45:04 AM
Hi .....
thanks for updating me....

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> SQL 2000 Peronnel Edition only allows a maxium of 10 concurrent connections.
> Additional conenctions are queued.
> If you have more than two DynamicsGP users, this limit will easily be
> achieved, resulting in subsequent users appear to be frozen.
> This is connections established to the SQL, not the number of DynamicsGP
> Users.
> This can also be a connection from FRX or any other applications hitting the
> SQL instance.
>
> Therefore, do not use the Personnel Edition for production environment.
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "MK KSA" <MKKSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using SQL server 2000 standard Edition sp3 with Gp 9 Sp3, I am
> >planning
> > to move GP with database to new server different hardware.
> > can I use sql 2000 personnel edition sp3 or should I use same old version.
> > I hope u understand my question.
> >
> > MK KSA
> >

> .

Problem migrating Money 2000 to 2004
Hi, I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new version. But eveytime I try I receice a error that I cannot access to the database. What am I doing wrong? Can some help me? I would like to evolve to the new version. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers Miguel Rodrigues In microsoft.public.money, Miguel Rodrigues wrote: > >I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like >to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new >version. > >But eveytime I try I receice a erro...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

Execute SQL dts package from Great Plains shortcut
How do create a Great Plains external shortcut to execute a SQL Server dts package? VG You can do this using by using the DTSRun utility in a .bat file and calling that from the shortcut bar. You would need to install SQL Client Tools or the DTSRun utility separately on the client workstation to do so. Google DTSRun or check out these links to help get you started: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/coprompt/cp_dtsrun_95kp.asp http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?301 Lookup DTSRun on Yahoo or Google. It will fire a DTS package from a command line. Then cr...

block owa on Back-end server?
Hi, I have setup a Front-End server with Exchange server 2003 and OWA works fun. Now i want to block OWA on the Back-End server (Exchange 2003). That means I just want our users log onto OWA with Front-End server IP address ( Http://front-end ip/exchange)and do not want users log onto the OWA with the Back-End server IP address (Http://Back-end ip/exchange). Could you tell me how to do it? Any idea or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Mike You could do this by limiting what identities the Default Web Site(or whatever web site OWA is under), on the back-end server, will answer for....

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Outlook 2000 settings & roaming profiles
Hiya all, wonder if someone can help me, we have a windows 2000 network with Outlook 2000 setup per user for POP e-mail access, but it seems when the user logs onto another PC. their outlook settings are lost (accounts and location of PST file) does anyone know a resolution of this or something to do with group policy where you can tell it where to look and/or save outlook information within the roaming profile? Thanks Dave What's the client OS? All mail profile info does indeed travel with roaming profiles - peraps you're having profile problems. Check the system event lo...

Links in Excel 2000...need help
Hi, Would you happen to know how to switch the setting in excel so that when I doubleclick on a cell with a link to another tab (worksheet), it will take me to that tab and specifically the cell referenced? Thx, Maybe you can use a worksheet formula. David McRitchie has posted these formulas that he uses. =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) === but you meant like what hap...

Learning SQL
Can anyone recommend any good reference books to help me learn SQL. My needs are only as it relates to Access. Any help greatly appreciated. Jason SQL Queries for Mere Mortals by Hernandez and Viescas: http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Queries-Mere-Mortals-Hands/dp/0201433362/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7818383-4346230?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177897812&sr=8-1 Here's a free tutorial: http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html Here's a really basic intro to subqueries: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

Problems XSLT Transformation of XML Data to EXCEL 2000
Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels version is in Office 2000 and also its works fine if the Office Excel Version 2002 and up when attachment file is open via browser the data is in a single line of string in the first row of the excel worksheet Glenn Gomez wrote: > Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am > having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels > version is in Office 2000 > >...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

SMTP config on an Echange server 2000/2003
Can you setup an exchange server to run smtp only, to be used in a redundancy scenario...the idea being that if the main exchange server goes down, I want to have or put on the network a separate email server that will just collect smtp email until the mail server comes back on line. If the answer is yes...how do you setup the config and are there any articles on the subject. Thanks You don't even need exchange to do that, you can use IIS with SMTP as a smart host. Bascially, the smart host would sit between your exchange Org and the firewall, and act as a passthrough. If exchan...

Migrate data from one CRM server to another
Hello, I need to install a portuguese version of microsoft crm, but actually, we have a english version, and with much data like accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc... inserted. I try to use de redeployment tool to install the portuguese version and import our data, but on the install of microsoft crm portuguese version, I got a error saying that SQL not match the correct version, and don=B4t let setup continue the installation.... maybe a bug.... So, what I need to do is export ALL (or almost all) data from the english version, uninstall crm, reinstall the portuguese version and import ...

IEnumUnknown->Next method causes a crash in MFC 7.1 (VS .net 2003)
Hi, I have a couple of ActiveX controls inserted in my MFC (MFC 7.1) dialog along with 2 buttons. I used "EnumObjects" method on the ole container to enumerate the Embedded ole objects. I could get to the IUnknown pointers of the ole objects that i inserted in the dialog. But after returning IUnknown pointers for the activex controls (i inserted), the IEnumUnknown->Next method still tries return some uninitialized object and eventually causes a crash. I used the following piece of code to enumerate the objects in the ole container. hr = pOleObj->GetClientSite( &pCl...

Outlook 2000 "Server cannot be found"
I applied all of the current updates for Office 2000 and Windows 2000. Outlook can no longer send or recieve email and presents the "Server cannot be found" message. I have checked the account set up and it is fine. I reestablished the account set up using the sbcglobal tutuorial for account set up in Outlook (just to be certain) and the result was still "Server cannot be found". I also checked that Network and Dial up security is set to Permit All Email fails to find the server via an established DSL connection and it also fails with a dial up connection. I c...

Using XP with Outlook 2000 Messages stay in outbox
I am using Outlook 2000 with XP. When I send a message it stays in my outbox. ????????????? I tried all the troubleshooting options on the Microsoft website and non of them are working. Any suggestions. ...

Outlook 2000 locks up
My Outlook 2000 locks up after about 2 minutes. I can download email and after reading a couple email, the hour glass appears. In task manager two Outlook applications are running and they are linked to processes for explorer.exe and outlook.exe. They both report in task manager as "Not Responding" I have downloaded the latest updates with no positive results, and I have upgraded the Microsoft Messenger. My virus software is current. Can anyone help with a recommendation or fix? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2000 locks up after about 2 minutes. I...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Slow Message Delivery between site exchange servers
We added a seconed exchange server to our exchange domain. This exchange server is connect via high-speed VPN to the primary exchange server. The MX record points to the primary exchange server. After moving a mailbox to the new exchange server, messages to the mailbox take hours. What steps can be taken to improve message delivery performance. Both Exchange servers are Exch 2003 SP1. The exchange servers are on different sub-nets. There are no application log errors. The primary exchange server is Win2003, the 2nd Exch server is Win2000 SP4. Both servers point to the same DNS ...