split lots

Typically, a split receipt is created when the extended cost is not equally
divisible by the received quantity.  For example from KB 866321, a split
receipt is created if you receive a three-pack of item 5015 when the
following conditions are true:
•	The total cost of the shipment is $10.49
•	You typed 3-pack as the unit of measure
•	The base unit of measure is each.
Because Microsoft Great Plains cannot equally divide the extended cost
($10.49) by the quantity of three to determine the cost per base unit of
measure (each), two purchase receipt layers that have the same receipt number
are created.

Right now, GP doesn't have the capability of disabling the split receipts
process once the extended cost is not equally divisible by the received
quantity.  Unless, the extended cost and quantity received doesn't have any
decimal places on them.

One idea was to extend the number of decimal places.  This will not
eliminate the problem however, and would be costly to "re-do" units of
measure.

Does anyone know of a solution that has been written to either write off the
rounding at receipt or to preclude the receipt from splitting?  The customer
uses lot tracking and is causing the customer many costing issues and is
interfering with bar coding.

I appreciate any thoughts as to a solution/work around.

--
MP
0

Hi,

I've highlighted the same issue in my earlier query. In my client
place, we're using multiple UOM and many items are lot numbered. What
I observed during the sales invoice, the lots are allocated, first 1
with the same lot and the rest as another line item. The same is
getting stored in SOP10201 as seperate line items which is causing
great difficulty for us to track expiry dates for each invoice and by
each line item. Please refer to my earlier posting on this issue

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/t=
hread/2c4ec9629386ee8b

Thanks

Janakiram M.P.

On Apr 16, 7:55=A0pm, MP <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Typically, a split receipt is created when the extended cost is not equal=
ly
> divisible by the received quantity. =A0For example from KB 866321, a spli=
> receipt is created if you receive a three-pack of item 5015 when the
> following conditions are true:
> =95 =A0 =A0 The total cost of the shipment is $10.49
> =95 =A0 =A0 You typed 3-pack as the unit of measure
> =95 =A0 =A0 The base unit of measure is each.
> Because Microsoft Great Plains cannot equally divide the extended cost
> ($10.49) by the quantity of three to determine the cost per base unit of
> measure (each), two purchase receipt layers that have the same receipt nu=
mber
> are created. =A0
>
> Right now, GP doesn't have the capability of disabling the split receipts
> process once the extended cost is not equally divisible by the received
> quantity. =A0Unless, the extended cost and quantity received doesn't have=
 any
> decimal places on them.
>
> One idea was to extend the number of decimal places. =A0This will not
> eliminate the problem however, and would be costly to "re-do" units of
> measure.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution that has been written to either write off =
the
> rounding at receipt or to preclude the receipt from splitting? =A0The cus=
tomer
> uses lot tracking and is causing the customer many costing issues and is
> interfering with bar coding.
>
> I appreciate any thoughts as to a solution/work around.
>
> --
> MP

0
janakirammp (688)

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

save split table in word
I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let me. How do I save the split window in word? "Split window" is something that doesn't get saved when you close your document. On Feb 3, 11:49=A0am, chellehicks <chellehi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let m= e. =A0 > How do I save the split window in word? ...

Reverse Split
Money International Version 2003 trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in the split field, so I tried to do a 1 for 4 "split". Money gave a completely unrelated answer. I then did a 50 for 200 "split" (I have 200 shares being reduced to 50) - again it gave a number completely unrelated. I tried various permutations and each time, the division or multiplication numbers were total nonsense. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, ZootRot wrote: >Money International Version 2003 > >trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in ...

How do I remove split a split window?
I selected "View" "split" and now have a split window. How do I remove the split? "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33CA1631-20A1-457C-A797-F9ECE0180ED8@microsoft.com... >I selected "View" "split" and now have a split window. How do I remove the > split? Same way as you split it.... Or double click the "line". -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Gordon" wrote: > "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news...

table relationships and split dbs
I have asked before and now can't find the post (also have a few extra questions than before) regarding table relationships and split databases. 1. Where should relationships be created? Front-end or Back-End? 2. Do they need to be in both? 3. If you have relationships in the Back-end and then create some in the Front-End, which take precedance? 4. In the case that they are in the back-end, they will still get 'followed' in the front-end? I'm sure you get the jist of my question, any explanation to the proper method of implementing and enlightenments on relati...

Split shares don't show up in report
I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have entered details about stocks and later recorded that they were split. For eg. intially I had entered purchase of 1 share for $10 and then recorded the split at 1:1. The account register still shows number of shares as 1 and price as $10s. The account summary also shows that I have just 1 share and not 2. Any help? Same answer to same question. "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FC2358-A296-4A97-AB78-C02665A0BC37@microsoft.com... >I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have ent...

splitting a database, where question
I have built a small but useful database on my own work pc, and now need to split it for other users. So I wondered if it was best to split it on my own machine then place the BE on the server, then copy the front end to local machines. OR, place the whole unsplit database on the server, then split it, and copy the front end from the server to local machines. Thanks On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:25:38 +0000, Bob H <bob@despammer.com> wrote: I would first make a backup. Then copy my db to the server. Then on my workstation's version delete all the tables. Then use the Imp...

SPLITTING
Hi there..... I've finally gotten the database together and I attempted to have it shared between two users....however I was reading about splitting the database....can anyone give me some concrete instructions about how to make this work effectively. I have three people who need to access the database that's all. However I know it's possible that two people will be in it at the same time, entering information? Any suggestions? Thanks Ransom Check out the wizard in Tools>>Database utilities>>Database Splitter (Access 2003) Very straightforward and low risk. ...

How to issue Expired Lots
Dear All I'm Using MSGP version 9 with SP2 I seems to unable to make Decrease Adjustment of Lot IDs which are expired.. I did activate the Adjust Override Check in inventory setup but it doesnt seem to work all I get is Unsuficent Quantity availble when I print the Tranaction. Can anyone help me in this regar... Thanks ...

Trouble With Split Form
Created new split form but when I open it the navigation bar is "grayed out" unless I physically select a row in the datasheet. Any way around this?? Thanks, James ...

Unwanted Stock Split
I loaded Money 06 today and notcied that one of my stocks, which I have tracked for over 6 years, had lost half it value. When I checked into it it looks like for some reason money has a small "s" after the price in each transaction and the number of shares I purchased was half to ture amonut. It is in every transaction from the start. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? I do not want to go in and fix over 100 entries in I do not have to. Thanks in advance On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:40:01 -0700, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I loaded Money 06 t...

Split
My monthly credit card bill expenses need to be split among the different categories of expenses on the card. I no longer can split the expense. When I following the instruction for help, they don't work. They say to edit the transaction and select split. It is grayed out. Help M05? Essential Register? "Dick Jones" <Dick Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01789B39-EB60-4AA1-8CEA-A3876E0D0385@microsoft.com... > My monthly credit card bill expenses need to be split among the different > categories of expenses on the card. I no longer can spli...

Exchange 2K3 and AD Split
Our sister company is wanting to split off from us and form their own forest and Exchange 2K3 site. We have 3 domains in our W2K3 Functional Level forest (Root, DomainA, DomainB). Root is a dedicated forest root domain. DomainA is our company's domain and host the Exchange 2K3 site for the forest. DomainB is a sister company's domain and their mailboxes live on our Exchange 2K3 site. How is the best way to accomplish this with minimal impact on their 170 users? Thanks, Fred Buy a domain migration tool and migrate them to a new virgin forest. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "P...

loan split info weirdness
Hi, not sure how to describe this problem as I am not sure where it is occuring so I will attempt to be as detailed as possible. I have a payee for my mortgage payments and have about 10 transactions listed that are not split and showing the calculated priciple amounts (those that are split are numbered 1 to 50, the ones causing grief are unnumbered). This payee is listed of course in a loan I have an asset listed as my house with the aforementioned loan associated with it. When I go to the associated loan account for this asset all of the payments show with their associated breakdo...

How to split sales tax easily when splitting a transaction?
Hi, For my credit card transactions, I'd like to split the transaction among the categories. However, I find it difficult to split the sale tax. For example, I have the following receipt food 18.85 cloth 12.89 8.8% tax rate 1.66 Total 33.40 When I split the 33.40 transaction, I have to manually calculate the tax for food and cloth items. Is there an easier way? Thanks. Wei Zhu Sure. Enter the total amount of the transaction then enter the splits for food and clothing leaving the tax portion unallocated. Then click Done on the splits box. Money will whine about unallocated balanc...

Database Split
Hi All, I have a single company where (2 Companies Data is being entered). Company 1: All chart of accounts starts with Segment 1 All Vendors Number start with 1 All Customer Number starts with 1 Even the Setup of Order and Backorder Etc.... Start with 1 Same with Company 2: Everything starts with 2... now since database size is growing huge.... My management has decided to divide the company in two separate entity. What precautions can be taken, how easy or risky it is,,,, or any tools available out there in market ....... Can any one guide me in this regard..... Thanks .... Wha...

lots of queues, same message
Hi! I have an Exchange 2003 Server and I see that if the smtp service is running then internet is too slow. So, I have been seen in the Exchange System Manager console, the queue viewer. In the queue viewer there are a lot of queues and they all have the same message. I have tried to delete those messages (with no NDR option). First I freeze the queues and then I delete their messages. However, after a few minutes I have the sames queues and those messages again. I thought that I was receiving that message from the internet to some local recipient, but my server retrieves the mail fr...

Split
Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question: is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of the elements of the array? Please give simple example, no reference or lecture. Many thanks, Zach. On 22/03/2010 11:12, Zach wrote: > Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its > constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question: > is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of > the elem...

Can't move split database.
I'm slowly coming up to speed on Access... but slowly. In Paradox, it was possible to redefine the Work folder and move a database to a new location. But I'm having trouble doing the same thing with Access. I've recently split our database in preparation for multi-user support. Before the MDB split, it was possible to copy the database from the network drive to the local C: drive and use it on the C: drive (to allow other users to use it for read-only purposes). Now, when we attempt to use it on drive C:, forms continue looking to the network drive for their data. For exa...