Speed up the process of Account Modifier Tool

The tool account modifier takes to long to process for customers that have
lots of transactions.
The estimate time for one of our customers is 35 days (none stop). No
customers can afford to be down for 35 days.
Since this is a very old product and was never modified I strongly believe
it should be re designed in order for the Partners to keep sellling this
tool.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7d8dadcf-f407-48aa-a2e1-ad270cee75bb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Marielle (3)

(House)asset account and Mortage account
What are these accounts and what is the relationship between them. Which one do I use to record transactions such as payments, and what do I use the other for? Thank you so much The asset account reflects the "worth" of the house. Use it to reflect the investment in the house and any subsequent adjustments due to improvements you've made or increases in its market value. The mortgage account reflects the money you owe a lender for the mortgage on the house. It's a liability. It's also the one you make the loan payments to. Asset account value - loan account balance...

Automatic Process Hold
Hello, Is it possible to have Dynamics GP autmatically generate any kind of Process Hold when an Account has exceeded their established Credit Limit? Thank you. p. mccabe- In Customer Class Setup you can set the system to provide a warning if the customer has exceeded their credit limit. I think to automatically apply a Hold, I would write a bit of custom code to link the Customer Class to a Process Hold. Brenner www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "mccabe" wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to have Dynamics GP autmatically generate any kind of Process > Hold when ...

open a specific customer account via url
i would like to open a specific customer account by url. something like this: http://crmserver/showcustdetails?custid=10023 reason: our phone client (ip phone) runs as w32 application and is able to connect to a database. so what we like to do is, connect the phone client to the crm database and open the account automaticly if there is an incoming phone call from the customer. The url = http://crm/SFA/accts/edit.aspx?id={DAD205B3-0C5F-4EF6-98F2- 73044DEF26E8} However, you will have to know the GUID (id) for each account ahead of time - you either develop a custom I/F or read out all the...

OWA, FBA, and the front-end back end authentication process.
I have encountered some conflicting information regarding the processing of forms based authentications in a front-end /back end exchange 2003 implementation. Hopefully someone here can shed some light. Here's what I know (from an article in WindowsITpro): 0. The user enters https://fe/exchange into the browser's Address field for the first time. (fe=front-end, be=back-end)) 1. The ISAPI filter intercepts the request and determines whether a cookie is attached; in this case, no cookie is present. 2. The filter lets the request pass through unmodified, and the Exchange front-end serve...

Correlation tool says Input range must be contiguous reference.
Trying to use Data Analysis > Correlation tool, but keeps saying "Input range must be a contiguous reference." CORREL() functions works Ok on same range. What's happening? HermH - The only obvious way I can get that error message is to use a non-contiguous range for the Input Range. How is your data organized, what are you specifying for the Input Range, and what version of Excel are you using? - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "HermH" <HermH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40504FF5-7DE0-48B5-BE9C-501A1EE9ECB2@mi...

Modifying the Case Description field size
I would like to know how I can make the Description area larger in the new case window under the general tab. It only shows four lines of text and there is significantly more room in the window. It could probably be doubled in size. ...

Have Encumbrance Management base the budgeting on the COGS account
Our company uses only one Inventory account but would like to use EM to budget for differnt groups of items. Only using the inventory account limits us to being able to budget for our entire inventory where we need to have seperate budgets for other item groups. These groups share the same COGS account so it would be ideal to base the budget on that account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

Export IMAP account
Hello, I try to find all the users connecting to the email server via IMAP. By adsiedit or csvde I don't find the good attribut. Do you have a idea please ? Thx On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:44:07 -0700, "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I try to find all the users connecting to the email server via IMAP. By >adsiedit or csvde I don't find the good attribut. Do you have a idea please ? > >Thx > > Are you asking to monitor who is accessing via IMAP http://www.shareseek.com/soft/s1245.html or just who is allowed ...

Mortgage escrow account
I am having trouble tracking my home mortgage payment information so I can get both the principal to populate the loan account and to get the escrow account to be populated. Any help would be appreciated. The loan payment is through a checking account withdrawl. If I want to track the escrow account I can split it from the payment manually. I manually split the payment into Loan: Mortgage Interest, Princiapl and a transfer to a cash account called escrow. This doesn't link the principal to the loan account. If I want to track the principal payments, I can change the checking ac...

How to disable accounts being blocked by login failures retries
Hi, I'm running Exchange 5.5 on windows NT, I have an email account that gets automatically blocked every now and then, it seems the reason is that, in this Exchange Server, any account gets blocked when there are 3 or 4 failed logon tries to that account. But these failed logons are not from the mail client of the account owner, he has the account data well configured, I imagine it could be some old owner of that account, because this email address was used by other people in the past (it's the email account of a department so whenever a new boss comes in he gets it), so it could be...

Speed boost
My Computer is Now work in little bit slow Not Work properly skype is not working. Thanks for sharing that with us. "alam" <alam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:617A2220-AB39-4B34-82A8-61B911663C15@microsoft.com... > My Computer is Now work in little bit slow Not Work properly > skype is not working. alam wrote: > My Computer is Now work in little bit slow Not Work properly > skype is not working. Oh, yeah, like that made a lot of sense, uh huh. Thanks for those declarative statements. Come on back when you have a questi...

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 10-28-04
Hi, My MS CRM server is with this error. I could not find any information regarding it. Does anyone knows? Thank you, Hugo Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 9:08:54 PM User: N/A Computer: ALASCA Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error...

OWA and Outlook Junk email processing
One of our users claims they had the Junk email processing set up to use a whitelist and it was working fine with only OWA accessing the mailbox. Then they installed Outlook 2003 and now it only works when Outlook is open. That is it appears that the processing was happening on the Exchange 2003 server, but now is happening in the outlook client. Where is the junk email processing handled? Has anyone else seen this problem or have anything to suggest to ensure that the processing is handled on the Exchange Server? Thanx! Just a thought. The default setting on installation of Outlook 2...

How to adjust autoscroll speed
I would like to control the AutoScroll speed in MS Word 2007. When I press the mouse wheel with the pointer over the center of a Word document, the up and down arrows with a dot between them graphic appears as it should. The smallest mouse move either way (up or down) causes the scroll speed to go much too fast. I want to control it. I want to be able to set the AutoScroll speed to scroll more slowly so I can read the text. This same AutoScroll function's speed is OK with web pages. I am using a MS Optical USB Intellimouse, Office 2007, Word 2007, Windows 7 (x64), i7-92...

vendor default account
I am wondering if anyone knows which table contains vendor default accounts, that display in Distribution Screen during the Transaction Entry? Thanks The Vendor Accounts Master (PM00203) stores the accounts specific to a vendor. If the vendor does not have any specifically assigned accounts then the Company Account defaults are selected which are stored in the Posting Account Master. The Posting Account Master is table SY01100. "Bab" wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows which table contains vendor default accounts, > that display in Distribution Screen during the...

Money Putting Transactions Into Wrong Account
I made a payment from my checking to my line of credit using the bills summary. I keepo all my bill payments there. When I updated the transaction was put into the wrong account by Money. I double checked the transaction and went online to check and the money was payed to the proper account. So it appears I did everything properly. Has anyone had this happen with Money version 17.... James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >I made a payment from my checking to my line of credit using the >bills summary. I keepo all my bill payments there. When I updated >the transaction was...

Transfer between accounts #4
Hi, I'm using 2008 deluxe edition. I use online service to update my bank and credit card accounts. I came across one post (Subject: funds transfer to another account) in which 'Dick Watson' suggested using special category 'Transfer' for transaction where money is transfered from bank to credit card. But I'm facing problem here, when I select 'Transfer' category in bank, it adds new entry in credit card account, but due to online update that entry is already present there, so now I have 2 credit entries in credit card account. Is there any way to avoid ...

Is there anyway to simplify the Deployment process?
Hello, I am looking for any best practices that will aid in deplyment of my application. My application has one SQL 2008 database. When I make changes and update/upgrade the schema, I need to track the changes and prepare a script to deliver to each of my Clients. They run the script and everything is wonderful again. However, the issue I have been facing is that different Users are at different levels of patches applied. So, for instance, User 1 may be running a version from last December, while User 2 is running a version from last Tuesday. When patches to the schema/stored pr...

IMAP and SMTP from multiple identies/accounts
Hello All, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this... I have an IMAP account that filters my mail into various folders on the server before I even connect with my email client. I like this feature as my mail is filtered no matter where I read it, whether it be from a web browser or via a desktop IMAP client. The problem I am having is the following. I need to be able to send email from different accounts. I have 2 different accounts. One is business and one is personal. Both email accounts come into the IMAP store and are filtered on the server side as I mentio...

Details of WIP in Project Accounting
My client uses Project Accounting and we use the TM Project Type and use when Billed accounting method. However, we have a huge cost in the GL WIP account. The client wants a breakdown of the GL value into projects. That is a list of on-going project and the WIP for each and the sum of all projects equal to the GL WIP. Can anyone help with this? -- pibsng Hi-- Using When Billed only impacts when the revenue distribution is created (using When Performed will generate Unbilled Revenue and Unbilled AR distirbutions when posting costs). By default, T&M will post expenses to WIP and t...

Speed up ProgressBar
I'm using ProgressBar to measure some action from 0% to 100%. But there are cases when there is no action at all to be taken so I want the bar to move from 0 to 100 at once. But when I put: progressbar.Value=100; the bar does not jump immediately to the end. It goes there in about one second animation like it is doing something. It's not a big deal, but it kind of seems misleading. Is there a way to disable this ? JAM JAM wrote: > I'm using ProgressBar to measure some action from 0% to 100%. But > there are cases when there is no action at all to be taken so ...

login process to exchange server
Does anyone know the process from start to finish for a user logging into an exchange server with outlook? Our setup is as follows: Server: --Exchange 5.5 server with sp4 on a Windows 2000 server with sp4 Client: --Windows 2000 pro client with sp4, Outlook 2000 sp3 --Connecting via VPN on a Watchguard Firebox using RADIUS (win2k) authentication I have read on another group that when a user connects to Exchange via Outlook they are using "cached credentials" (their computers local credentials instead of their domain credentials) how does this work exactly and is there a way to p...

Process flowchart
Hi, I would like to know where I can get graphical process flowchart like Sales order processing flow (with credit limit), purchasing order process flow (with receiving) and inventory flow. I have look at the document CD but it all about setting up. My vendor is unable to help. Please help. Thanks ...

Importing Timesheets process
I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon as they are approved by the manager. Where in the Reporting db I can find data that gets updated when Importe occurs? Thank u much laguna, check in the projectServer_reporting DB MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView "laguna" wrote: > I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their > timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon > as they a...

Accounting System Integration--Which System is Best?
We are considering implementing RMS in our store. One concern is the fact that it does not have an integrated accounting system, and, from what I have seen on this forum, there isn't one made to dovetail with RMS. What are the pros and cons of the different options for integration? If there is a web site or white paper that addresses the whole QB5 vs. QB6 vs. Great Plains et al decision tree, a link to it would be most appreciated. Thank you. ...