sp7 for sql v7.5

I am trying to apply sp7 to our sql server version of GP 7.5.  The
workstation used for the initial installation of v7.5 on the server no
longer exists.  When applying the service pack, there is no option to run
the GP utilities to upgrade the server because the installation app assumes
the server is not being upgraded.

What's the flag used by the installation app to provide the "Launch Great
Plains Utilities" option?  Is it looking for a certain directory structure?
btw I launched the utilities outside of setup but there was no option to
"Upgrade Great Plains" Is it feasible to just add a line to the utilils.set
file?

Thanks

0
warrex (71)

I created a SQL folder under the Great Plains folder as suggested by the FAQ
and it prompted to launch the utilities.  However the "Upgrade Great Plains"
window did not display as indicated in the documentation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to apply sp7 to our sql server version of GP 7.5.  The
>workstation used for the initial installation of v7.5 on the server no
>longer exists.  When applying the service pack, there is no option to run
>the GP utilities to upgrade the server because the installation app assumes
>the server is not being upgraded.
>
> What's the flag used by the installation app to provide the "Launch Great
> Plains Utilities" option?  Is it looking for a certain directory
> structure? btw I launched the utilities outside of setup but there was no
> option to "Upgrade Great Plains" Is it feasible to just add a line to the
> utilils.set file?
>
> Thanks

0
warrex (71)

FRx Service Pack download links are broke for 6.5 sp7
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/frx65sqloverview.htm The links on this page are broken - the files do not exist on the FTP. If there is an alternate location, I am open. Jerry wrote: > https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/frx65sqloverview.htm > The links on this page are broken - the files do not exist on the FTP. > If there is an alternate location, I am open. It doesn't work from IE, don't know for other browsers. Fire up any ftp client and navigate to: ftp://ftp.greatplain...

Exchange migration 5.5 => 2003 odd errors
It appears as though RightFax had been on the Exchange 5.5 box at one time and the 2003 reciient update service seems to have picked this up because every 5 seconds or so, we are getting events 8329, 2035 and 8231. The first event (8329) states that the Recipient Update Service is starting a rebuild of CN.. etc... Immediately afterwards, event (2035) The e-mail address description object in the MS Exchange Directory for the 'RFAX' address type on i386 machines is missing. then of course, the (8231) tells me "Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN..." ...

Archiving #5
Looking for some methods on archiving ans well as setting mailbox limits. 1. Is there a way within exchange to archive but not to a seperate .pst file? 2. What is the best method to archive? 3. I do not want to set limits on the Executives and the IT dept, would it be best to move those people out of the store and into a new store so I can set limits to everyone else or is there a way to set limits to individual mailboxes? Thanks in advance. 1/2. You should consider a 3rd party archiving product such as GFIMailArchiver, archiving to PSTs is not a great idea. 3. http://support.microso...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Go Offline in Outlook fails with SQL General Error
Hello After sometimes going offline in Outlook CRM Client I get an SQL General Error and the process cancels. I can repair that using the Diagnose program of the CRM Client. There I saw an message which says Outlook Client Subcription is corrupt. In the Eventlog I found following Error Message: Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MSCRMOfflineSync Ereigniskategorie: Keine Ereigniskennung: 6000 Datum: 21.05.2008 Zeit: 18:10:13 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NB169 Beschreibung: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. So...

Users in Dynamics but not in SQL
We have some users in Dynamics, that do not exist in SQL. How do I remove users from Dynamics if they do not exist in SQL? SQL2005, GP9.0 I get a message when trying to delete. -- Doug To Remove users from the dynamics table you need to delete them manually from dynaimcs database table SY01400. DELETE FROM SY01400 WHERE USERID = '123' This user id will be delete from dynamics and will not appear in User Lookup windows in Microsoft Dynamics. open enterprise manager (in Sql server 2000) or SQL Serer Management Studio in SQL 2005) and delete logins of user 123 in every com...

sp7 for sql v7.5
I am trying to apply sp7 to our sql server version of GP 7.5. The workstation used for the initial installation of v7.5 on the server no longer exists. When applying the service pack, there is no option to run the GP utilities to upgrade the server because the installation app assumes the server is not being upgraded. What's the flag used by the installation app to provide the "Launch Great Plains Utilities" option? Is it looking for a certain directory structure? btw I launched the utilities outside of setup but there was no option to "Upgrade Great Plains" ...

Exchange 5.5 rejecting large messages
Can't find any postings about this, so here goes: When a message is sent to my Exchange server from the internet, with an attachment larger than about 2MB, the sender gets a failure notice. The error is a 552: exceeded storage allocation exceeded. There are a couple of strange things about this: 1) I have NO limits on attachment size at any level in Exchange. 2) This only started to happen after I switched ISPs. When I look at the full text of the returned message, this is the last line: "Engine timed out. Please contact the system administrator and report what caused thi...

BP 4.0 SQL scripts to add this user
Can someone send me this script mentioned in Article ID : 959270 SQL scripts to add this user - "Network Service Account" back into BP 4.0? *** Verify that the Network Service Account account is listed as a user in Business Portal. The alias of this user is nt authority/network service. To do this, follow these steps: a. Start Business Portal by using an account that has Administrative permissions. b. Click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings. c. In the Business Portal Administration section, click Users. d. In the User List, verify that a user named Network Ser...

Backup
Easiest and Step by Step procedure to create backup and restore MS SQL using Enterprise Manager http://www.ezdia.com/Backup_and_Restore_MS_SQL/Content.do?id=1047 ...

Exch 5.5 database restore to a Disaster recovery machine
I'm running Ex5.5Sp4 on Win2kSp3 I have two machines with the same name (one is isolated at a different location in case of a disaster) I've taken a online backup of my production server & I'm trying to restore the priv & pub to the second server before I begin the replication process. All of the drive letters are the same & all of my file locations are the same on both machines.I select erase existing data & don't restart Exchange services. When I start the restore on the DR machine it runs for 54minutes every time & then states that it completed with some ...

IM with SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 running on SQL 2005. Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL 2000 and insert in in GP 8.0 Possible? Thanks Terry Yes, you can use SQL Server 2000 databases as a data source for Integration Manager with GP 8 running on SQL 2000/2005. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TerryB" wrote: > Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 > running on SQL 2005. > > Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL > 2...

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

T-SQL to PL-SQL
Hello, can sombody help me to translate that script in oracle? DECLARE @ID INT DECLARE CURSEURS_JOBS CURSOR FOR SELECT REF_RE_JOB_POSTING_ID FROM DM_RE_JOB_POSTING OPEN CURSEURS_JOBS FETCH CURSEURS_JOBS INTO @ID WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set publishedI = (select CASE WHEN rjpd.internal = 1 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','I')) THEN ( CASE WHEN rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not null and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() THEN ( SELECT 'I' ) WHEN rjpd.start_date is...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 DLs and Custom Recipients into Exchange 200
Hi Can someone pls tell me what is the best method of migrating Exchange 5.5 DLs & custom recipients into Exchange 2003, with out too much delima, because our 2000 domain is still n mix mode so using ADC CAs are out of the picture. I have already exported the DLs and Custom recipients into a CSV file. Many thanks in advance "Caroline" <Caroline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone pls tell me what is the best method of migrating Exchange 5.5 >DLs & custom recipients into Exchange 2003, with out too much delima, because >our 2000 domain is st...

Please help install SQL SRS CRM 4.0 on SBS 2003R2
Please help, how do I install and configure SQL 2005 WGE especially SRS on SBS 2003R2 for CRM 4.0 WGE? I'm just not finding any detailed information on SQL install/configuration. Please point me to any resources. thanks! On May 9, 3:56=A0am, Scroch <Scr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help, how do I install and configure SQL 2005 WGE especially SRS on= > SBS 2003R2 for CRM 4.0 WGE? =A0I'm just not finding any detailed informati= on on > SQL install/configuration. =A0Please point me to any resources. > > thanks! It should be a case of putting t...

utilities folder sql
I am looking for documentation, links ect to information regarding sql files in the utilities folder of Great Plains. When i open these scripts there are no comments. Are these for the applications exclusive use or are these utilities that can be used in certain situations. I am an admin and want to make sure I am not missing any utilities that could make my job easier. any assistance is appriciatedd. GP (mostly GP Utilities) call these scripts to perform specific functions such as creating new companies. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software User...

GP SQL Size Limitation
I am in the process of migrating from Pervasive to SQL, and am receiving the error that we have exceeded a 10 GB database limitation. It appears as if the limitation is with GP and not SQL. I was told in the SQL newsgroup that SQL can handle up to 1,048,516 TB. I find it odd that Pervasive GP can handle a larger dataset than GP SQL. Does anyone know if there is any option for maintaining a database larger than 10 GB? Cindy that limitation is only on the MSDE engine. If you use full MSSQL you will not have that limitation. HS "Cindy Mikeworth" <cindy@tas-in.com> wrote ...

sql syntax error with insert into
this is the code that's giving me a syntax error: strSql = "insert into tblnewoptions (Option, OptionCode, AllocGroup) values ('" & Me.txtboxOption & "'" & ", '" & Me.txtboxOptionCode & "'" & ", '" & Me. txtboxAllocGroup & "');" Debug.Print strSql CurrentDb.Execute strSql and here is the debug.print line: insert into tblnewoptions (Option, OptionCode, AllocGroup) values('test desc', 'test code', 'test alloc'); the three test values are being pulled...

Executing SQL DTS Package from Access
I'm trying to run a SQL DTS package that resides on my server. I'm using the below code from a command button within my access file. This used to work a few years back, but no loner will. I'm using Office 2003 and have SQL 2005 developer edition on my pc and have SQL 2000 (runs the SQL DTS package) on my Windows 2003 server. Also note, I am using the proper MS DTSPackage Library within my References. My server also has SQL 2000 Service Pack 4 installed. Does anyone know if maybe Windows XP Service Pack 2 maybe causing it to fail? Any other ideas? CODE *******************...

SQL Server hardware requirements
What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for the SQL Server databases??? www.microsoft.com/sql/ "JHFVigeant" <JHFVigeant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA4005D-130D-4B40-98FB-470BA8DFFB59@microsoft.com... > What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for > the SQL Server databases??? > ...

Custom Smart Lists missing after SP7
It appears that we no longer have any of our custom smart list reports after the upgrade. Is there any way to restore or recover this. Which dictionary do custom smart lists reports get stored? We may have a backup of that dictionary. ------=_NextPart_0001_3EBC268F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Can you clarify the following: Are you referring to Smartlist favorites? These you create within Smartlist and it allows you to specify additional search criteria for smartlist objects. If this is the case, these are stor...

SQL Error Help
I have the following SQL: strSQL = "INSERT INTO taDEFENDANTS(TrusteeDefendantID)" & _ "VALUES(lngTrusteeDefendantID)" & _ "WHERE DefendantID=" & lngDefendantID & ";" The Problem: I get the following error: Run-time error 3137: Missing semicolon (;) at end of SQL statement What am I missing that prevents the code from seeing the semicolon that is there? Sorry if this is double posted. My system crashed right after I clicked post and never saw the first posted. What you are missing is ...

Creating a booklet #5
I am creating a booklet - A4 folded in half - to create 4 pages. This will be an information handout from a Stall at a large Exhibition. Any quick and easy hints and tips would be very welcome to make it look professional. Many thanks. -- CherryD www.ataxia.org.uk This is from Publisher 2000 (may be the same or similar for your version) File Print Setup From the menu, select A4 paper OK File Page Setup Special Fold From the menu, Book Fold Landscape OK Publisher will ask you if you want four pages, Yes You now have four pages to create your publication. When adding pages, it will ...

550 5.1.1 user unknown
We have a client that gets the error below intermittently. I have worked with this client's IT staff over the phone to help resolve the issue. The thing is is that they can send e-mails to us half the time and the other times they get the message below. This happens to all users within our organization with this client. They client's IT staff seems pretty comfortable that it is not their end but this is the only client we have problems with. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? If so, any advice would be appreciated. thanks! Sent <<&...