Sort these notes by date

Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort by
date so I can see the most recent ones first.

And by "these notes" you are referring to?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
> they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort by
> date so I can see the most recent ones first.
I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".

I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and it
sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web newsreader
from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.

patrick
dev support

"Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
> they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort
> by
> date so I can see the most recent ones first.

0
Patrick
11/19/2009 2:50:05 AM
What I mean by these notes is what I am seeing on this page in the newsgroup.
I type my name in the Search For box and click Go. It does bring back my
requests but they are in completely random date order. It would be very
helpful if they could be in date order.

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".
>
> I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and it
> sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web newsreader
> from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
> > they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort
> > by
> > date so I can see the most recent ones first.
>

> .

Rich,

For any suggestions on improving the public newgroups please contact Nick
Hoban at v-nhoban@microsoft.com

Best regards,
--

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> What I mean by these notes is what I am seeing on this page in the newsgroup.
> I type my name in the Search For box and click Go. It does bring back my
> requests but they are in completely random date order. It would be very
> helpful if they could be in date order.
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".
> >
> > I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and it
> > sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web newsreader
> > from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.
> >
> > patrick
> > dev support
> >
> > --
> >

> > "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
> > > they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort
> > > by
> > > date so I can see the most recent ones first.
> >

> > .

Or just use a real newsreader and set it up however you want it.

Lyle

Mariano Gomez wrote:
> Rich,
>
> For any suggestions on improving the public newgroups please contact Nick
> Hoban at v-nhoban@microsoft.com
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Rich Wheeler" wrote:
>
>> What I mean by these notes is what I am seeing on this page in the newsgroup.
>> I type my name in the Search For box and click Go. It does bring back my
>> requests but they are in completely random date order. It would be very
>> helpful if they could be in date order.
>>
>> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>>> I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".
>>>
>>> I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and it
>>> sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web newsreader
>>> from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.
>>>
>>> patrick
>>> dev support
>>>
>>> --
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>>

>>> "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> .

0
LyleU
11/19/2009 6:18:41 PM
I  think I am missing something here. How would I point Outlook to this
newsgroup? All I get in Outlook is a message telling me someone replied. I
see software called Newsgroup readers but how do I get them pointed at this
newsgroup?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".
>
> I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and it
> sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web newsreader
> from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name
> > they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort
> > by
> > date so I can see the most recent ones first.
>

> .

"outlook express" not "outlook".  Outlook Express comes Internet Explorer in
XP and I believe you can get it with Windows 2003 as well.  I think it has
been replaced with something else in Windows 7.

So any "newsgroup" reader would probably do, but I'm sure everyone has their
favorites.  I haven't used any but Outlook Express and only that because it
was installed already and I didn't have to mess with it.

To configure it, you have to point to a news server.  I'm using
(apparently - its been years since i set this up) the news server
msnews.microsoft.com.  _This_ newsgroup is microsoft.public.greatplains.
There are gazillions of others.

patrick

>I  think I am missing something here. How would I point Outlook to this
> newsgroup? All I get in Outlook is a message telling me someone replied. I
> see software called Newsgroup readers but how do I get them pointed at
> this
> newsgroup?
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> I think you mean "these newsgroup posts" by "sort these notes".
>>
>> I guess it depends on what you are using.  I'm using Outlook Express and
>> it
>> sorts by date (or whatever column i choose).  I've used the web
>> newsreader
>> from the communities and i thought that was by date as well.
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my
>> > name
>> > they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could
>> > sort
>> > by
>> > date so I can see the most recent ones first.
>>

>> .

0
Patrick

Converting Lead Notes and Activies information into Opportunity re
The Lead Activities (phone calls, emails, task, appointments, fax, letter) and the Notes created while working on a Lead do not "convert" into the Opportunity. To get this information, you have to go to Closed Leads or drill down through the Originating Lead link. I've read that this will be in 2.0 but in the meantime, can anyone suggest a simple workaround. I would also like to hear about the best way to do this, simple or note. If I create new fields in the Lead form and map them to new fields in the opportunity form, the activity functionality is reduced to that of ...

How to Merge Date from 3 columns to 1
I have a spreadsheet where the date is spread over 3 columns I,J & K and I wish to merge them to Column B in the format dd-mmm-yyyy as shown below. B I J K 02-Feb-2003 02 Feb 2003 27-Mar-1999 27 Mar 1999 01-Apr-1978 Apr 1978 01-Jan-1998 1998 14-Jun-2002 14 Jun 2002 Where there is a blank for the day in 'Column I' I need it to copy as 01 and where there is a blank for the month in 'Column J' I need it to copy as Jan. Where all 3 column...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

How to sort account list?

Sorting

Row names will not move with sort

pst file to Lotus Notes
We will be connecting to our Corporate office over a WAN. We are currently using Exchange Server locally. The Corporate office is using Lotus Notes. We will be using new computers with Lotus Notes installed, Outlook not installed. How can we incorporate our outlook pst file into Lotus Notes? If there is a way to do this, are there instructions available? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ...

Outlook 2003/Lotus Notes Issue
Hi All, I have been having this outgoing problem with receiving emails from Lotus Notes. It seems to only be a problem when I got replies from a Lotus Notes system. When I open up the reply, the only think I see in Outlook 2003 is my original message and nothing else. I have tried changing the format to HTML, Rich Text, Text, etc and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks, FF Are you using Outlook Connector for Domino? "frequent_flyer" <frequent_flyer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:4044e78c$0$63376$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... > Hi All, > > I have been...

formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily
formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily =NOW() or =TODAY() -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Vishal" <Vishal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1065C8D9-220E-4071-AEEC-B3ECE6593D1D@microsoft.com... > formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily ...

Microsoft Query criteria syntax for date() or today()
Essentially, I need MS Query syntax for a calculation based on today's date. I'm using Microsoft Query from inside Excel to extract data from an ODBC database. I want to download everything with a date of, say, in the last 60 days. I can't find any documentation for Microsoft Query and its Help doesn't seem to address this. I've tried Excel and Access systax such as >Date()- 60 and =Today()-60. I've tried copying in the SQL text created by Access. I don't know how to say "Today" or "Now" or "Date". Any help out there? ...

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

video on One Note
The picture is kind of psychedelic... while all other applications and tv work fine on my pc... Do I need a special codec? ...

date formula #2
Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the date, ie. if today is 17 November 2003, i want to import data from date 1 Novemeber 2003 how would i do this and what formulae would i use? any idea ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =today()-1 GB "jaggosai" <jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the dat...

sorting macro #3

Excel date problems
Our company uses a report writer/formatter that creates Excel spreadsheets and then sends them as email attachments to specified users. The data being formatted is coming from a file shipped to the report software from an I5 environment. The data coming in is in the format mmddyyyy but some of the cells in the SS are being converted to ddmmyyyy. When this problem occurs it only happens for months 10, 11, and 12. These dates are being used in calculations so this is a big problem. We are using Excel 2003. Any ideas? ...

date formatting a cell
When I use the date formatting in a cell i.e. m/d/yy and enter my numbers i.e 2604, I get 2/16/07. Can you help me Hi you have to enter the date with delimiters. so you have to enter 2/6/04 If you want Excel to automatic convert numbers you have to use VBA. Have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm for an example event procedure Frank vos wrote: > When I use the date formatting in a cell i.e. m/d/yy and enter my > numbers i.e 2604, I get 2/16/07. Can you help me Hi that is the way Excel handles date inputs. As Excel stores dates internally as numbers it does ...

Sorting checking register

sum if and between dates
Hi all I am trying to sum information based on the following conditions Cell E3 = Sum if = *Account A* and between *>= 20/6/05 and <=24/6/05* The Answer would be 279 A B C D E 1 19/06/2005 Account A 125 20/06/2005 2 20/06/2005 Account A 150 24/06/2005 3 21/06/2005 Account B 156 Account A 4 22/06/2005 Account B 135 5 23/06/2005 Account C 142 6 24/06/2005 Account A 129 7 25/06/2005 Account C 200 8 26/06/2005 Account A 300 -- mathewheys ---------------------------------------------------...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Enhancement for capitalizing dates
Why not allow the user to display months and weekdays in all uppercase (caps) by typing the format abbreviations in uppercase (caps)? For example, MMM or MMMM or DDD or DDDD in any date format would display the text months and weekdays in uppercase. This straight-forward convention is used in other programs and, in fact, is even used for displaying a.m./p.m. (lowercase) or A.M./P.M. (uppercase) in Excel by capitalizing the format abbreviations for time. This seems like a no brainer . . . Blue Max wrote: > Why not allow the user to display months and weekdays in all uppercase >...

Axapta and Lotus Notes
How do I export/send information from Axapta to Lotus Notes (or for instance Outlook)? If anybody has a small example of this I'd be happy. ...