SOP process question

Hi,

We use SOP and have a new process that I'm not sure how to handle.  We
receive an order from a customer for a year's worth of product.  We need to
book the order to show a quantity of 12 but bill and fulfill 1 item monthly.
Is there any automated way to fill the order monthly (decrement the inventory
by 1 every month) and invoice without having to go in to every order?

I looked at using recurring orders but that does not give us the line item
with a quantity of 12 for reporting....I feel like I'm missing something very
basic.

Thank you!

Yes and no....

You can create an order with 12 line items and edit the required by date.
This will show the items as on order.  You can allocate by date if you are
using Advanced Distribution or allocate the entire order on entry if you want.

Fulfillment cannot be automatic.  Again, with Advanced Distribution, you can
transfer individual lines from a group of orders to invoices by date.
Otherwise, you need to fulfill the order lines that are to ship and transfer
only the fulfilled lines to invoices.

Advanced Distribution can sweep the line items due to ship this week, today,
or within what ever date range you want, creating allocated Fulfillment
Orders from unallocated orders.  These Fulfillment Orders can then be
processed, shipped, and invoiced.

Our book Understanding Sales Order Processing talks about doing exactly this
process.  It does work as I have it at a customer site.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"SGadmin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We use SOP and have a new process that I'm not sure how to handle.  We
> receive an order from a customer for a year's worth of product.  We need to
> book the order to show a quantity of 12 but bill and fulfill 1 item monthly.
> Is there any automated way to fill the order monthly (decrement the inventory
> by 1 every month) and invoice without having to go in to every order?
>
> I looked at using recurring orders but that does not give us the line item
> with a quantity of 12 for reporting....I feel like I'm missing something very
> basic.
>
> Thank you!

Can't Trigger Manual Sales Processes
I have created rule that triggers one of several manual sales processes when an Opportunity is created. It checks several conditions and then calls one of a few manual sales processes based upon the condition. With my security role, the workflow runs as intended, however, at the level of the intended user, the trigger rule runs fine and the Workflow Monitor says it is completed but the manual sales process never runs; it doesn't show up on workflow monitor. I suspect a permissions issue but I cannot figure it out. Is there a specific security role setting that has to be availab...

Transfer Order to an Invoice (SOP)
Hi, When you transfer an order to an Invoice, is there any possibility of printing the Order number on the Invoice report, as well. which field would contain the Order number from which the invoice was generated. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed ...

Simple question I hope....
I have a worksheet that has a column with the fields filled with 000009620300000058718030916 or very similar numbers....I would like to take 6 digits off the end of the number and ten off the front, so it would be 00000058718. I think this could be done easliy, but I'm not very good with Excel. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 3steps 3steps, If your numbers always have 27 digits it's =MID(C15,11,11) OR if the lengths can vary but you always want 10 removed from the front and 6 from the back =MID(C15,11,LEN(C15)-16) Dan E "3steps" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Autoformat question
We have a need to turn off AutoFormat replacement of "straight quotes with smart quotes", "fractions with fraction characters", "ordinals with superscript", and "hyphens with dashes" on a 1,000 of our 13,000 installations of Office 2007. I can use a specially filtered group policy with the Office 2007 group policy templates to disable those options in AutoFormat As You Type/Replace As You Type, but there is not a similar group of settings for AutoFormat/Replace. Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this aside from emailing man...

Journal question #2
Is there a way to make the "Journal" in Outlook a little less business like and more like a Log or Diary? it asks for "start time, end time" ...."Importance"... "Phone log time" etc... I just want my journal to be like .... "this happened to me today" or "this happened at this time"...? ...

Informatin is Needed before this report can be processed
Has anyone ever see the message: "Informatin is Needed before this report can be processed " and the "Max Records Count has ben exceeded" when running a report. Does anyone know how to get around these, especially the first error message? "Alex Beletsky" <abeletsky@sentri.com> wrote in message news:<e0ae01c43c16$46a8ef40$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > Has anyone ever see the message: > > "Informatin is Needed before this report can be > processed " > > and the "Max Records Count has ben exceeded" when > run...

SOP Window Error
I have updated my system to SP2 but getting an odd error with the SOP transaction entry window. If a user opens the window, but then closes it again without doing anything, an error is popping up saying "An error occurred execting update statements" I think it may be related to some security, but I don't where where as it only happens to some users. Has anyone seen this? Hits -- I found the problem running a trace. Tables SVC00660 and SVC00661 had no permissions at all, and I added them for Dyngroup. Hitesh Varsani wrote: > I have updated my system to SP2 but getting...

GP 10- SOP Integration with Silent MO generation
Has anyone performed a successful SOP integration with IM while utilizing the Silent MO generation option from a Sales Order? Our integration works fine until we activate this option in GP 10. Thanks! ...

Anothers items question!
Ive read all the other Q&A about the single items and cases and just and know that cases = parent items and singles = child items. the problem that i have is that on my shelves i can normal get more than 1 case on there. RMS will only break a case when there is no more singles available. What if I can get 24 singles on the shelf, i have 6 singles on the shelf and the case has 12. Can i tell RMS that i want to break the case and put it on the shelf or will it only break when the 6 has been sold? There's no button to break a parent into it's children, but you can manually ...

PO Process
I am looking for a bit of advice today. My situation concerns PO's. For example, I have the following line items on a PO: Item ABC with a qty of 25 and a unit price of $20 Item ZYX with a qty of 1 and a unit price or $100 Next I receive 24 units of ABC at $22 & 1 unit of ZYX at $100/unit. At this point we would consider the PO fully received. My question is how to deal with the remaining 1 unit left on the PO that will never be received. Do I go to: Transactions > Purchasing > Purchase Order Entry Or Transactions > Purchasing > Edit Purchase Orders What implicati...

SOP Blank invoice printing
I have modified the SOP Blank Invoice form (graphical). All the fields are within the left and right border. When printing the invoice, the last column with the extended price doesn't print completely. When printing to screen, all the information is theire. (Printer OKI Microline 420). How I can fix this? Thanks, -- Toni It's probably a margin issue. You should move the text over to the left on the report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > I have modified the SOP Blank Invoice form (graphical). All the fields are > within the left and right border. Whe...

Link the Process or Particular page of visio in a Webpage
1. I have a Web page(Word Document saved as Web page). On the web page I have some text, i.e list of processes. 2. The idividual processes were drawn using Visio with multiple pages(sheets). Need help in, For each process I need to link the respective process which is in particular page(sheet) in Visio. or I am planning to convert this vision also to the webpage by choosing the save as web page option and I would like to link pages to the process names in #1. Please do the needful. ...

Bitmap quick question
Hello Group, I have a bitmap composed of only two colors: black and white. I want to replace the white color with red. Here's how I'm trying to do it without success: -------------------- COLORMAP colorMap; CBitmap bitmap; colorMap.from = RGB(255, 255, 255); colorMap.to = RGB(255, 0, 0); // Load the bitmap but map the background to the appropriate color VERIFY(bitmap.LoadMappedBitmap(IDB_MY_BITMAP, 0, &colorMap, 1)); // Set the mapped bitmap in the static control m_staticBitmap.SetBitmap(HBITMAP(m_bitmap)); --------------------- Can someone please tell me why this is not...

Auto Allocate/Fulfill SOP when items are in multiple bins
GP Sales Order Processing requires additional data entry whenever a sales order quantity ordered exceeds the quantity avaiable in the Item Site Default Bin>Sales Order Fulfillment Bin. The allocation/fulfillment exception report will list the documents and items & instructions that "Additional bin selections are required for item number XXXXXX. We require a process to automatically allocate & fulfill by Document/Batch based on the quantity available in all bins for that item. Does anyone have a solution? -- RobertShap Created a solution - in SOP & Inventory>Auto ...

serialization question #2
Hello, I have such question. I want to create SDI application to work with matix. I have a data that stored in the file in the form of the matrix: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 or something like this one. The nambers of colonms and rows may vary. How can I read this file (serialize) and store each number in CArray for example? Thank you very much in advance Igor igor tarasov wrote: > Hello, > I have such question. I want to create SDI application to work with matix. I > have a data that stored in the file in the form of the matrix: > 1 2 3 4 > 5 6 7 8 > 9 0 1 2 > or someth...

Customization in SOP
Hi all, I want to Pick the Price from the billing master table (New table) for the field '(L) Unit Price' in SOP Entry screen.In that table for every item price is stored in Lot level. After picking up the tax and further all should calcullate on the basis of (qty * '(L) Unit Price'). How to achieve this,help is appericiated. Regards Vishy ...

TransferText Import question
Hey there, Here is my code: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "450Specs", "400Export", "F:\IT\db\Sales\ Archive\400a.csv", , , False I want to export any file that starts with 400, not just 400a. There will only be 1 file in there, but it may be named 400a, or 400b, etc. How can I code to export anything that starts with 400... Thanks!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200911/1 gmazza wrote: >Hey there, >Here is my code: >DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "...

Question about CreateFile
Sorry if this post is not relavent but I'm not sure which group to ask. I'm using CreateFile to open and write to a parallel port. My problem is that it always uses the same printer driver when printing and the job will not go to the 'default' driver. 'Default' meaning the printer that is set as default in printer properties. The spooler always shows the same printer name for the job. Even when I change the port for the driver to a different com port. I'm using xp Home. Does anyone know what might be happening? Hi Can you tell how are you usig the CreateFile , w...

Macro SOP
Hi All, I recorded a macro in SOP using GP 9 and trying to edit it with microsoft word, How can I achieve to have it insert multiple item rows in a single SOP Number? Please help Thanks, Daniel ------=_NextPart_0001_841F15F6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Daniel You will need to record entering more than one line to see how the code behaves. As a macro must have the correct number of lines to match the data, you might have to write some conditional code on the Word document using the IF field so you can make a section appear or disappear based on the lines...

Great Plains SOP Table Date Fields
I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the Order goes into effect. Could anyone clarify this for me? Go to the SDK and look at SOPTRX.RTF. It is the Sales Order Transaction flow by table and field. "Chris Hornung" wrote: > I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP > tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the > ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the...

Inserting Processing Instruction
Hi, I need to find a way to insert a processing instruction to an xml document after all the other nodes have been correctly added. That's because I get an xml from a method that I can't modify and I need to add a processing instruction in order to render the xml using a custom xsl stylesheet. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance Francesco ledder77@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to find a way to insert a processing instruction to an xml > document after all the other nodes have been correctly added. That's > because I get an xml from a method that I can't modify a...

Unable to process Lotus Meeting Invitation with Outlook 2003
I am running Outlook 2003 SP3 and connect directly to my ISP. When I receive Meeting Invitations from a Lotus Domino Server, the invitation arrives in text form and consequently I cannot accept / reject the request. Incidently, I run Outlook 2007 on another machine and it does not have this issue. Is this a configuration issue or a bug / feature of Outlook 2003? Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Ability to copy SOP Lines regardless of the price level on item.
We would like to have the ablitiy to copy SOP lines using the copier series even if the price level does not exist for the item. For example your target document has a default price level of "Retail", but the item that you are trying to copy is not setup for that price level. Currently you are not able to copy the items like this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

Easy Question
I am only asking because I am not completely positive but I figured someone on here would be able to answer this without me spending an hour trying to figure out. I have a powerpoint slide that I made with a hyperlink in it. When you do a slide show, the link is accessible by clicking on it, which is fine...now my question is can I copy the slide from powerpoint paste it in an e-mail in outlook and the link work with just a click on the hyperlink? I just tried it and it didn't work but I wasn't sure if there was a secret to make it work that way, if not just let me know....