SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places

Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater
than the current highest value of 5?

Thanx
0
sersoar (22)

Scott,

I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do
this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal
places.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater
> than the current highest value of 5?
>
> Thanx

0
victoria (3340)
5/22/2009 3:17:20 PM
I'm curious - what kind of item are you buying/selling that you need 6
decimal places for?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
5/22/2009 5:19:32 PM
Guys,

I had similar situation in the past, the available options (workarounds) are:

1. Create a smaller Currency that’s equals to 0.00001 of your current
currency, and create the transaction using this currency; the system will
automatically handle the variances when using your functional currency.

2. Create bigger unit of measure with the same concept of the currency, so
you can receive items using this UOM.

3. Customize your request! It’ll be a real nightmare to have this completely
customized! The dexterity currency box supports 15 decimal places, I did such
customizations before on the receiving form and updated the cost from 5
decimals into 15, the client was a manufacturing field specialized in
drippers manufacturing, they receives all their raw materials like 10000000
piece of raw materials for 1$, I had to override GP costing to handle this
request and finally the client had to drop this customizations due to the
complexity of working and tracing the item cost with this number of decimals
and finally proceeded with my first suggestion.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> I'm curious - what kind of item are you buying/selling that you need 6
> decimal places for?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

Transfer Order to an Invoice (SOP)
Hi, When you transfer an order to an Invoice, is there any possibility of printing the Order number on the Invoice report, as well. which field would contain the Order number from which the invoice was generated. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed ...

SOP Window Error
I have updated my system to SP2 but getting an odd error with the SOP transaction entry window. If a user opens the window, but then closes it again without doing anything, an error is popping up saying "An error occurred execting update statements" I think it may be related to some security, but I don't where where as it only happens to some users. Has anyone seen this? Hits -- I found the problem running a trace. Tables SVC00660 and SVC00661 had no permissions at all, and I added them for Dyngroup. Hitesh Varsani wrote: > I have updated my system to SP2 but getting...

GP 10- SOP Integration with Silent MO generation
Has anyone performed a successful SOP integration with IM while utilizing the Silent MO generation option from a Sales Order? Our integration works fine until we activate this option in GP 10. Thanks! ...

SOP Blank invoice printing
I have modified the SOP Blank Invoice form (graphical). All the fields are within the left and right border. When printing the invoice, the last column with the extended price doesn't print completely. When printing to screen, all the information is theire. (Printer OKI Microline 420). How I can fix this? Thanks, -- Toni It's probably a margin issue. You should move the text over to the left on the report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > I have modified the SOP Blank Invoice form (graphical). All the fields are > within the left and right border. Whe...

Change product unit groups
Is there an easy way to change a product from one uit group to another? ...

How to reflect variable supplier costs?
Hello. My company deals with many overseas vendors and as a result, the "cost" for many of my items has a surcharge applied to it, based on the current Euro rate -- thus the true cost of these items is always changing each time I place an order. What's the best way reflect this curreny exchange rate discount in my cost for each item? The only thing I can think of is using a formula in excel and then uploading it to the db each time I get an invoice, but maybe there's a better way within RMS? Thanks in advance! -- R. Mullen Clovis CA ...

Item Cost
Hi, How can i make an item which has a 10% of price paid. ...

Macro SOP
Hi All, I recorded a macro in SOP using GP 9 and trying to edit it with microsoft word, How can I achieve to have it insert multiple item rows in a single SOP Number? Please help Thanks, Daniel ------=_NextPart_0001_841F15F6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Daniel You will need to record entering more than one line to see how the code behaves. As a macro must have the correct number of lines to match the data, you might have to write some conditional code on the Word document using the IF field so you can make a section appear or disappear based on the lines...

CRM / SBT 6.x
Hello All & Greetings. I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and SBT Pro and would appreciate any material would be of immense help. thanks in advance. kishan I would go to www.greatplains.com and also microsoft.com/crm and have a dig around "R. Kishan Boddapati" <kishanb@sciencesinc.com> wrote in message news:11de01c3847e$e9a58370$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello All & Greetings. > > I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of > Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and ...

Deleting identities in Outlook Express 6
I have an identity created in OE6, but I do not know the password. My daughter forgot it. How can I delete or change the identity without the password? Do I have to re- install Win XP? Thanks. Steve This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public...

Are there any manufacturing costing templates out there?
Need a spreadsheet with all elements of Raw Materials, Manufacturing Processes and Overhead costs broken down by line item. ...

Great Plains SOP Table Date Fields
I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the Order goes into effect. Could anyone clarify this for me? Go to the SDK and look at SOPTRX.RTF. It is the Sales Order Transaction flow by table and field. "Chris Hornung" wrote: > I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP > tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the > ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the...

Create Virtual com port zero on wince 6
Hi All, I am trying to open a virtual comm port (port 0). But i am not able to succeed. Physical com ports are from #1 to #9. So i need to open port zero as virtual for Bluetooth. It is returning invalid handle with get last error as 12. Please find the code snippet for reference. Is there any configuration needs to be done in BSP for this. Please share your experience. /********************************************************/ // Bluetooth.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <windows.h> #include...

Auto Allocate/Fulfill SOP when items are in multiple bins
GP Sales Order Processing requires additional data entry whenever a sales order quantity ordered exceeds the quantity avaiable in the Item Site Default Bin>Sales Order Fulfillment Bin. The allocation/fulfillment exception report will list the documents and items & instructions that "Additional bin selections are required for item number XXXXXX. We require a process to automatically allocate & fulfill by Document/Batch based on the quantity available in all bins for that item. Does anyone have a solution? -- RobertShap Created a solution - in SOP & Inventory>Auto ...

Overflow Error 6 when opening journal
Hi, I am getting error 6 overflow when opening journal or looking at receipt template properties. It's a customized receipt but the very same receipt template works fine on another computer. I have seen this error before and it was fixed by applying all available Windows updates. This time the computer is up-to-date so there are no updates to apply. Best Regards, Richard Korenek Check your default printer and make sure its correct. "RichardK" <RichardK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986369DB-A6AB-4FC6-870F-F07EAF7BE6BF@microsoft.com... > Hi, ...

VC++6, DAO, Access, create table
I'm trying to create a table using the Execute method of CDaoDatabase. However, when trying these statements I get the corresponding errors shown below TRIED: CREATE TABLE Kund (Kundnr NUMBER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, Namn TEXT(40) NOT NULL, Ort TEXT(30)) ERROR MESSAGE: Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. TRIED: CREATE TABLE Kund (Kundnr NUMBER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, Namn TEXT NOT NULL, Ort TEXT) ERROR MESSAGE: Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. That error message is not very helpful. Is there a way to see more exactly what the error is? Or if you don't know that, maybe yo...

Customization in SOP
Hi all, I want to Pick the Price from the billing master table (New table) for the field '(L) Unit Price' in SOP Entry screen.In that table for every item price is stored in Lot level. After picking up the tax and further all should calcullate on the basis of (qty * '(L) Unit Price'). How to achieve this,help is appericiated. Regards Vishy ...

job cost
We use job categories - all three; we intended to use them for reporting; however, no reports that I have found group data by any of the categories. So, I figured I would use Crystal... does anyone know how to link these tables... ICJC003, ICJC004 AND the ICJC001? I have been at it for a bit but looking at these tables... I am going in circles. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks, George Which Job Cost product are you using? Leslie "GeorgeFD29" wrote: > We use job categories - all three; we intended to use them for reporting; > however, no re...

can I add 4/5 and1/2 to get 6/7 as in 4 of 5 + 1 of 2 and get 6 o
I am trying to keep a running total by month of sales vs calls and the data is entered as 4/5, etc. Is this possible in Excel? Hi try =TRIM(LEFT(E2,FIND("/",E2)-1))+TRIM(LEFT(F2,FIND("/",F2)-1))&"/"&=TRIM(RIGHT(E2,FIND("/",E2)-1))+TRIM(RIGHT(F2,FIND("/",F2)-1)) "kschmoll" wrote: > I am trying to keep a running total by month of sales vs calls and the data > is entered as 4/5, etc. Is this possible in Excel? Yes, entering 4/5 is a possible way of entering either 4th May or 5th April, depending on you...

IM SOP (Invoice) Document Number
I am bringing invoice information from another system into GP via integration manager. all works well with the exception of the Document Number/Invoice Number; I am using default; which creates a new number for each invoice item. does anyone have a vbscript that can be used to get the next invoice number for a client and use that number for all items coming in for that client during the integration. there would be multiple invoice items per client and multiple clients per integration. can anyone point me in the right direction or have a script(s) to handle this. thanks Do you have eCo...

Selling by Different units of measure
Is there a way that RMS would be capable of selling the same item in different units of measure? The application is a garden center where we sell pavers, some people want to by one or two, some people want 25 sq ft and others want 2 pallets. I am wondering what the easiest way to be able to accommodate this is. We are relesaing as part of Store and HQ Misc Utility the UOM feature to do what you are asking. Contact me and I will send you a beta early next week to test. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Steve C...

Date problem #6
I have a column containing 4/21/2004 10/7/2003 5/5/2004 Which I need to convert to UK dates. because of the variables(4/, 10/) I am unable to use mid etc in seperate columns. also =TEXT(f2,"DD/MM/YY")fails to work. Hi are these values 'real' date values. If yes a simple format should do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gerry" <Gerry.Briant@goodrich.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9a4601c486b0$01ac1f40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column containing > 4/21/2004 > 10/7/2003 > 5/5/2004 > Which I need to convert to UK dates. > bec...

Visual C++ 6.0 & Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
I read an article that we can make Visual C++ 6.0 use the free Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit (command-line) compiler. Assuming Visual Studio 2003.NET uses the same C++ compiler as the free 2003 Toolkit is it possible to make Visual Studio 2003.NET point the include/lib folder path to Visual C++ 6.0 ones? I've never heard of this, but my guess is that it would be easier to just upgrade to the later version. Something tells me that trying to kludge a new compiler into the older IDE is going to be problematic. Tom "Andrew Wan" <andrew_wan1980@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Treating Business Units as sub companies
Greetings, Our network of companies are currently operating this way: - Parent Company A - Daughter Company B - Daughter Company C Parent company A oversees both daughter companies B & C. Each of the daughter companies have their own divisions. Here are my questions: 1) Can I treat the Business Units in CRM 3.0 as individual organizations (companies)? Have anyone ever configured and operate it this way? MS always refer to the BU as departments within an organization. I am taking it one step further by actually configuring the BU as companies. Since each of the daughter compa...

Error 0x800CCC97 POP3_POPID_OUT_OF_RANGE (Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6)
I had a client who was getting the above error when sending and receiving email. Here was the problem: - We moved his web and email hosting to a new host. - The new host had the IDENTICAL POP3 address. As a result, he could not send and receive because the message identifiers (POPID) were not synched. We attempted to delete the account (which deleted the registry key); however, this did NOT repair the problem. We had to physically make a fake account on the server (fake@host.com), change the client account to the new server account, send & receive to reset the POPIDs, then chan...