Smartlist Restriction - Problem with drop-down fields

I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a
restriction.

I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string
fields.

However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add
Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather
than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value
field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable.

Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields?

Craig,

What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a
> restriction.
>
> I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string
> fields.
>
> However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add
> Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather
> than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value
> field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable.
>
> Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/10/2008 9:59:01 PM
Hi Mariano,

I was originally trying to add a restriction to a SmartList based on a
third-party table.

However, to test this, I set up a SmartList in SmartList Builder based on
the PM Transaction OPEN File. Then, using the Restrictions button, I try to
add a restriction based on the field Document Type in the PM Transaction OPEN
File.

I get the same problem. The Value field on the Add Restriction window is a
blank, uneditable, required drop-down. It does not matter which Restriction
method I chose. I can chose a different field in the Add Restriction window.
If it is a string or checkbox, no problem. But if it is a drop-down list, no
go.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Craig Klapman" wrote:
>
> > I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a
> > restriction.
> >
> > I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string
> > fields.
> >
> > However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add
> > Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather
> > than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value
> > field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable.
> >
> > Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields?
Craig,

It only so happens that when you add list type columns (Document Type, RM
Document Type-All, etc.) you need to define the values and descriptions for
the possible values.

1) Highlight in the Display Name field in the Document Type line
2) Click on the blue arrow next to the Display Name prompt (in the scrolling
window header).
3) Define the possible values for Document Type and add the descriptions

For your convenience, these are the Document Types in payables with their
corresponding descriptions -- you will need to find those for the third party
product you are trying to create the SmartList for.

1= Invoice
2= Finance Charge
3= Miscellaneous Charges
4= Return
5= Credit Memo

Good luck,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I was originally trying to add a restriction to a SmartList based on a
> third-party table.
>
> However, to test this, I set up a SmartList in SmartList Builder based on
> the PM Transaction OPEN File. Then, using the Restrictions button, I try to
> add a restriction based on the field Document Type in the PM Transaction OPEN
> File.
>
> I get the same problem. The Value field on the Add Restriction window is a
> blank, uneditable, required drop-down. It does not matter which Restriction
> method I chose. I can chose a different field in the Add Restriction window.
> If it is a string or checkbox, no problem. But if it is a drop-down list, no
> go.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Craig,
> >
> > What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a
> > > restriction.
> > >
> > > I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string
> > > fields.
> > >
> > > However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add
> > > Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather
> > > than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value
> > > field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 2:48:00 AM
Thanks, Mariano.

I followed the steps you provided. I got curious results.

First, I checked a drop-down field in the third party table. The values for
the drop-down list were already present. I choose Save anyway. Still when I
tried to add the restriction, the Value field was a blank drop-down.

Second, I went to the PM Transaction OPEN file. I checked the Document Type
field. I noticed the values for the drop-down were NOT present. I add two
values and saved them. Then I went to add restriction on that field. Still
the Value field was blank drop-down. Neither of the values I had added
appeared.

Is the Value field populated for drop-downs on your install? I am using 10.0.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> It only so happens that when you add list type columns (Document Type, RM
> Document Type-All, etc.) you need to define the values and descriptions for
> the possible values.
>
> 1) Highlight in the Display Name field in the Document Type line
> 2) Click on the blue arrow next to the Display Name prompt (in the scrolling
> window header).
> 3) Define the possible values for Document Type and add the descriptions
>
> For your convenience, these are the Document Types in payables with their
> corresponding descriptions -- you will need to find those for the third party
> product you are trying to create the SmartList for.
>
> 1= Invoice
> 2= Finance Charge
> 3= Miscellaneous Charges
> 4= Return
> 5= Credit Memo
>
> Good luck,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Craig Klapman" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > I was originally trying to add a restriction to a SmartList based on a
> > third-party table.
> >
> > However, to test this, I set up a SmartList in SmartList Builder based on
> > the PM Transaction OPEN File. Then, using the Restrictions button, I try to
> > add a restriction based on the field Document Type in the PM Transaction OPEN
> > File.
> >
> > I get the same problem. The Value field on the Add Restriction window is a
> > blank, uneditable, required drop-down. It does not matter which Restriction
> > method I chose. I can chose a different field in the Add Restriction window.
> > If it is a string or checkbox, no problem. But if it is a drop-down list, no
> > go.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Craig,
> > >
> > > What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

Craig,

A few things: a) I added 2 values then all 5 values and had no issues when
attempting to select from the search restrictions window. However, I had to
force a rebuild of the SmartList by adding another default column in SLB
before it worked. b) I am on v10 SP2 (10.00.1061), c) I would not be able to
explain why SLB was able to populate the values for your third party table,
however, my guess is those values are explicitly defined somewhere, not the
case with the PM Open table.

Hope this helps,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> Thanks, Mariano.
>
> I followed the steps you provided. I got curious results.
>
> First, I checked a drop-down field in the third party table. The values for
> the drop-down list were already present. I choose Save anyway. Still when I
> tried to add the restriction, the Value field was a blank drop-down.
>
> Second, I went to the PM Transaction OPEN file. I checked the Document Type
> field. I noticed the values for the drop-down were NOT present. I add two
> values and saved them. Then I went to add restriction on that field. Still
> the Value field was blank drop-down. Neither of the values I had added
> appeared.
>
> Is the Value field populated for drop-downs on your install? I am using 10.0.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Craig,
> >
> > It only so happens that when you add list type columns (Document Type, RM
> > Document Type-All, etc.) you need to define the values and descriptions for
> > the possible values.
> >
> > 1) Highlight in the Display Name field in the Document Type line
> > 2) Click on the blue arrow next to the Display Name prompt (in the scrolling
> > window header).
> > 3) Define the possible values for Document Type and add the descriptions
> >
> > For your convenience, these are the Document Types in payables with their
> > corresponding descriptions -- you will need to find those for the third party
> > product you are trying to create the SmartList for.
> >
> > 1= Invoice
> > 2= Finance Charge
> > 3= Miscellaneous Charges
> > 4= Return
> > 5= Credit Memo
> >
> > Good luck,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mariano,
> > >
> > > I was originally trying to add a restriction to a SmartList based on a
> > > third-party table.
> > >
> > > However, to test this, I set up a SmartList in SmartList Builder based on
> > > the PM Transaction OPEN File. Then, using the Restrictions button, I try to
> > > add a restriction based on the field Document Type in the PM Transaction OPEN
> > > File.
> > >
> > > I get the same problem. The Value field on the Add Restriction window is a
> > > blank, uneditable, required drop-down. It does not matter which Restriction
> > > method I chose. I can chose a different field in the Add Restriction window.
> > > If it is a string or checkbox, no problem. But if it is a drop-down list, no
> > > go.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 3:27:01 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by force a rebuild of the SmartList. I marked the
Default checkbox for an additional field and then saved the list, but this
seemed to have no effect.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> A few things: a) I added 2 values then all 5 values and had no issues when
> attempting to select from the search restrictions window. However, I had to
> force a rebuild of the SmartList by adding another default column in SLB
> before it worked. b) I am on v10 SP2 (10.00.1061), c) I would not be able to
> explain why SLB was able to populate the values for your third party table,
> however, my guess is those values are explicitly defined somewhere, not the
> case with the PM Open table.
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Craig Klapman" wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Mariano.
> >
> > I followed the steps you provided. I got curious results.
> >
> > First, I checked a drop-down field in the third party table. The values for
> > the drop-down list were already present. I choose Save anyway. Still when I
> > tried to add the restriction, the Value field was a blank drop-down.
> >
> > Second, I went to the PM Transaction OPEN file. I checked the Document Type
> > field. I noticed the values for the drop-down were NOT present. I add two
> > values and saved them. Then I went to add restriction on that field. Still
> > the Value field was blank drop-down. Neither of the values I had added
> > appeared.
> >
> > Is the Value field populated for drop-downs on your install? I am using 10.0.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Craig,
> > >
> > > It only so happens that when you add list type columns (Document Type, RM
> > > Document Type-All, etc.) you need to define the values and descriptions for
> > > the possible values.
> > >
> > > 1) Highlight in the Display Name field in the Document Type line
> > > 2) Click on the blue arrow next to the Display Name prompt (in the scrolling
> > > window header).
> > > 3) Define the possible values for Document Type and add the descriptions
> > >
> > > For your convenience, these are the Document Types in payables with their
> > > corresponding descriptions -- you will need to find those for the third party
> > > product you are trying to create the SmartList for.
> > >
> > > 1= Invoice
> > > 2= Finance Charge
> > > 3= Miscellaneous Charges
> > > 4= Return
> > > 5= Credit Memo
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

If you make any changes to your smart list in SLB (Microsoft Dynamics GP >
Tools > SmartList Builder > SmartList Builder) and then you open SmartList
(Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList), the latter will rebuild the
smart list created with SLB.

When I made my changes to include the drop-down values on the first attempt
in SLB and opened SmartList, I did not see the drop-down values in the search
restrictions window. I went back to SLB, and added another default column,
saved, and reopen SmartList, and there they were.

Best regards,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by force a rebuild of the SmartList. I marked the
> Default checkbox for an additional field and then saved the list, but this
> seemed to have no effect.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Craig,
> >
> > A few things: a) I added 2 values then all 5 values and had no issues when
> > attempting to select from the search restrictions window. However, I had to
> > force a rebuild of the SmartList by adding another default column in SLB
> > before it worked. b) I am on v10 SP2 (10.00.1061), c) I would not be able to
> > explain why SLB was able to populate the values for your third party table,
> > however, my guess is those values are explicitly defined somewhere, not the
> > case with the PM Open table.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, Mariano.
> > >
> > > I followed the steps you provided. I got curious results.
> > >
> > > First, I checked a drop-down field in the third party table. The values for
> > > the drop-down list were already present. I choose Save anyway. Still when I
> > > tried to add the restriction, the Value field was a blank drop-down.
> > >
> > > Second, I went to the PM Transaction OPEN file. I checked the Document Type
> > > field. I noticed the values for the drop-down were NOT present. I add two
> > > values and saved them. Then I went to add restriction on that field. Still
> > > the Value field was blank drop-down. Neither of the values I had added
> > > appeared.
> > >
> > > Is the Value field populated for drop-downs on your install? I am using 10.0.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 4:03:01 AM
I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
window that allows four search definitions.

Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
drop-down list.)

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> If you make any changes to your smart list in SLB (Microsoft Dynamics GP >
> Tools > SmartList Builder > SmartList Builder) and then you open SmartList
> (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList), the latter will rebuild the
> smart list created with SLB.
>
> When I made my changes to include the drop-down values on the first attempt
> in SLB and opened SmartList, I did not see the drop-down values in the search
> restrictions window. I went back to SLB, and added another default column,
> saved, and reopen SmartList, and there they were.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Craig Klapman" wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean by force a rebuild of the SmartList. I marked the
> > Default checkbox for an additional field and then saved the list, but this
> > seemed to have no effect.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Craig,
> > >
> > > A few things: a) I added 2 values then all 5 values and had no issues when
> > > attempting to select from the search restrictions window. However, I had to
> > > force a rebuild of the SmartList by adding another default column in SLB
> > > before it worked. b) I am on v10 SP2 (10.00.1061), c) I would not be able to
> > > explain why SLB was able to populate the values for your third party table,
> > > however, my guess is those values are explicitly defined somewhere, not the
> > > case with the PM Open table.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

Craig,

The restrictions will have to be made on the RM Document Type-All field in
the list and will have to use the numeric values (unfortunately). I have to
remind you there is a bug in SLB when you add more than one restriction --
the SmartList may not return any data. I have documented this on my blog at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/07/bug-smartlists-builder-not-formatting.html

Best regards,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
> if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
> modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
> window that allows four search definitions.
>
> Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
> Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
> on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
> the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
> Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
> Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
> drop-down list.)
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > If you make any changes to your smart list in SLB (Microsoft Dynamics GP >
> > Tools > SmartList Builder > SmartList Builder) and then you open SmartList
> > (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList), the latter will rebuild the
> > smart list created with SLB.
> >
> > When I made my changes to include the drop-down values on the first attempt
> > in SLB and opened SmartList, I did not see the drop-down values in the search
> > restrictions window. I went back to SLB, and added another default column,
> > saved, and reopen SmartList, and there they were.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure what you mean by force a rebuild of the SmartList. I marked the
> > > Default checkbox for an additional field and then saved the list, but this
> > > seemed to have no effect.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 4:44:00 AM
Does this mean there are two bugs in SLB: one for multiple restrictions and
one for drop-down list restrictions?

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> The restrictions will have to be made on the RM Document Type-All field in
> the list and will have to use the numeric values (unfortunately). I have to
> remind you there is a bug in SLB when you add more than one restriction --
> the SmartList may not return any data. I have documented this on my blog at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/07/bug-smartlists-builder-not-formatting.html
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Craig Klapman" wrote:
>
> > I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
> > if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
> > modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
> > window that allows four search definitions.
> >
> > Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
> > Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
> > on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
> > the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
> > Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
> > Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
> > drop-down list.)
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > If you make any changes to your smart list in SLB (Microsoft Dynamics GP >
> > > Tools > SmartList Builder > SmartList Builder) and then you open SmartList
> > > (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList), the latter will rebuild the
> > > smart list created with SLB.
> > >
> > > When I made my changes to include the drop-down values on the first attempt
> > > in SLB and opened SmartList, I did not see the drop-down values in the search
> > > restrictions window. I went back to SLB, and added another default column,
> > > saved, and reopen SmartList, and there they were.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

I will not vouch for the drop-down restrictions being a bug, but certainly
for the multiple restrictions. As I said, SLB looks at the possible values
stored in the table (RM20101) for the physical column (RMDTYPAL) and displays
those for you when creating the restrictions. Interestingly enough, it does
not fill those same numeric values when adding the descriptions for the
search restrictions in SmartList.

I hope this clarifies everything finally,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> Does this mean there are two bugs in SLB: one for multiple restrictions and
> one for drop-down list restrictions?
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Craig,
> >
> > The restrictions will have to be made on the RM Document Type-All field in
> > the list and will have to use the numeric values (unfortunately). I have to
> > remind you there is a bug in SLB when you add more than one restriction --
> > the SmartList may not return any data. I have documented this on my blog at
> > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/07/bug-smartlists-builder-not-formatting.html
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
> > > if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
> > > modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
> > > window that allows four search definitions.
> > >
> > > Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
> > > Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
> > > on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
> > > the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
> > > Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
> > > Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
> > > drop-down list.)

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 4:57:00 AM
Correction,

The restrictions has to be made on the Document Type (I got mixed up with
something else I was doing in receivables, but it still applies) and will
display the string values added in the previous list. If you didn't add the
string values, it would only display numeric values (1..5).

Once again, I am on Dynamics GP v10. SP2 (10.00.1061, same as SmartList's
build number). You never specified what build you are running.

Best regards,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
> if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
> modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
> window that allows four search definitions.
>
> Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
> Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
> on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
> the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
> Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
> Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
> drop-down list.)
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > If you make any changes to your smart list in SLB (Microsoft Dynamics GP >
> > Tools > SmartList Builder > SmartList Builder) and then you open SmartList
> > (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList), the latter will rebuild the
> > smart list created with SLB.
> >
> > When I made my changes to include the drop-down values on the first attempt
> > in SLB and opened SmartList, I did not see the drop-down values in the search
> > restrictions window. I went back to SLB, and added another default column,
> > saved, and reopen SmartList, and there they were.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure what you mean by force a rebuild of the SmartList. I marked the
> > > Default checkbox for an additional field and then saved the list, but this
> > > seemed to have no effect.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/11/2008 5:08:00 AM
Thanks Mariano. Your last post contained the solution. I was on 10.0 sp1. We
upgraded to sp2 today and, voila, the values for the drop-down fields were
there. Now I just have to wait until sp3 until I can actually use the
SmartList as intended because I want to use multiple restrictions. But, thank
you for the heads up on that one.

You are most welcome Craig.

Best regards,
--

"Craig Klapman" wrote:

> Thanks Mariano. Your last post contained the solution. I was on 10.0 sp1. We
> upgraded to sp2 today and, voila, the values for the drop-down fields were
> there. Now I just have to wait until sp3 until I can actually use the
> SmartList as intended because I want to use multiple restrictions. But, thank
> you for the heads up on that one.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Correction,
> >
> > The restrictions has to be made on the Document Type (I got mixed up with
> > something else I was doing in receivables, but it still applies) and will
> > display the string values added in the previous list. If you didn't add the
> > string values, it would only display numeric values (1..5).
> >
> > Once again, I am on Dynamics GP v10. SP2 (10.00.1061, same as SmartList's
> > build number). You never specified what build you are running.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Craig Klapman" wrote:
> >
> > > I may have been unclear before. There is no issue seeing the drop-down items
> > > if I try to add a retriction in SmartList. When I am in SmartList and I
> > > modify the search criteria, the drop-down list items appear. That is on the
> > > window that allows four search definitions.
> > >
> > > Where I encounter the problem is in SmartList Builder. It is on the Add
> > > Restriction window. This is the window that opens when you hit the plus sign
> > > on the Restictions window that opens when you hit the Restriction button on
> > > the SmartList Builder window. (In the correct order that it open SmartList
> > > Builder, select a SmartList, choose the Restriction button, hit the Add
> > > Restriction button (plus sign), then try to add a restriction based on a
> > > drop-down list.)

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! ...

How do I choose multiple values in a drop down box?
I'm hoping to create drop down boxes in a spreadsheet that can have multiple values. I haven't been able to make this work and am wondering if it's even possible. Any help would be great, thanks! You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Kristy wrote: > I'm hoping to create drop down boxes in a spreadsheet that can have multiple > values. I haven't been able to make this work and am wondering if it's even > possible. > > Any hel...

Auto Completing Fields but not changing later...
Here is what I'm trying to do. I sell things online on a very small scale and I've made a spreadsheet to enter each sale that way I can track costs, inventory, profit, etc. What I want to do is be able to enter a product code and quantity, and have all the other fields entered in automatically from a lookup table. The problem is, if I just do a normal lookup from one of the fields, then if shipping prices increase at USPS and I change the shipping value in my lookup, all my PAST sold products would have incorrect data, so it may have cost $2.00 to ship something back then but now it...

Skin ControlStyle of templated fields in DetailsView
I've googled this but come up empty. Is it possible to declaritively define the ControlStyle for a DetailsView? I have a DetailsView skin but when I try this: <ControlStyle Font-Size=""9pt" /> in my skin, I get the error that ControlStyle is not supported. Am I just doing it wrong or is this not possible. If I template every field in my detailsview, it's a pain to have to set the font size for each field. It seems like I should be able to get it done with a skin or something. Here's the skin: <asp:DetailsView runat="server" CssCl...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...

Import workflow and currency fields
Hi, I have a simple CRM workflow which I exported from our dev environment and tried to import to our test environment. This workflow will create a custom entity record which has currency field in it. The workflow import failed with the following exception in the CRM server event log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 7.1.2009 Time: 14:21:14 User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 7.1.2009 14:21:14 Event time (UTC): 7.1.2009 12:21:14 Event ID: 2c...

Working with SMTP Restrictions
I'm looking for an elegant solution to a problem which, I believe, must affect a lot of notebook computer users. At home, my ISP is Cox, and Cox has a rule: While you are connected to their service, you can only use the Cox SMTP server; email sent to all other servers is blocked. Conversely, when you are connected to any other service, you are prohibited from using the Cox SMTP server. Because of this rule, I must be careful when I send email. If I'm connected through Cox, I must make sure I'm sending my email to the Cox server. If I'm connected through a wireless provider, o...

Field Service & Barcode Solution
Hi, I am looking for a client or a partner of GP who has implemented Field Service and Barcoding solution in the Middle East. It does not have to be same customer using both modules. Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks Mohammed Yes we did, you can reach me at +971502687235 Regards, Shafiq "Mohammed" wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a client or a partner of GP who has implemented Field > Service and Barcoding solution in the Middle East. It does not have to be > same customer using both modules. > > Any response would be highly appreciat...

Default column layout in Smartlist Builder
When generating new Smart list using the Smartlist Builder tool it would be great to allow for a means of identifying what the default column layout to be rather that having to create a favorite to do that. For Example. If SLB wanted to place columns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as such you could tell it to make it 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 instead in the root folder of the new SL created ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see th...

Creating fields like gateways, when met, unlock next step
I am researching how to create "gates" in a database so that when someone initilializes the process filling out a form, they cannot progress beyond a certain point in the process until a specified field is "electronically" signed by the "keyholder" person authorized to approve progression to the next step. The "next step" could be gaining entry into another form or subform. I've not been able to come across anything helpful yet. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance, "Aso" <Aso@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Group Discussion Fielded
Hello, Apologies in advance if I am not using the most appropriate terminalogy. I am trying to find a way to structure a group discussion on several topics all within the same emails which people update. For instance, suppose there are 3 individuals (not on the same exchange network) discussing 2 topics. If this were excel, I would have 3 rows and 5 columns e.g. Blank John Jane Joe End Conclusion Topic 1 blah 1 blah 2 blah 3 blah 7 blah 8 ABC Topic 2 blah 4 blah 5 blah 6 blah 9 ...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How is the 'FROM' field supposed to work in 2003?
I've noticed in inconsistent behavior of how the FROM field works when sending messages in Outlook 2003. From my testing it seems like on some occasions it will look as if the message has actually come from the name I enter into the field. I.e. 'John Smith' however on other occasions it will say sent from 'Myself' on behalf of 'John Smith'. Can someone confirm how it is supposed to work in an IMAP environment? Thank you. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:46:07 -0000, Maz wrote: > I've noticed in inconsistent behavior of how the FROM field works when > se...

Outlook Organization fields #2
Is there a default setting in outlook 2000 that can determine which organization fields are showing when you create a new directory? What I mean by "field" is the way you can organize the emails. From, To, Subject, Date Received, Sent, etc. For some reason my "From" box is missing from each new directory I create. Having to go into "Customize Current View" and create it again is going to become more and more irritating as time goes by. Does anyone know something about this? ...

Smartlist Creation
New User - Went into Smartlist under Customer Balance and added the aging to it but when it refreshed everything was 0-30 days. I know if I run an AR aging report it will not reflect everything in 0-30 days. Where does the Smartlist pull its data from. Go to Tools->Routines->Sales->Ageing and run this process. It ages the accounts just like the report but it writes the data back to the tables. This provides the data for the SmartList as well as updating the agening displays and information printed on statements. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant btw.....more informat...

SMARTLIST REPORTS
i can't modify smartlist reports is there a way to modify reports from smartlist. can i modify smartlist reports in version 9 or in the succeeding versions(ex. 10-11) -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Specialist STRC Jher, If you are talking about creating you own smartlist reports, you can use Smartlist Builder. This will allow you to create your own smartlist, as well as use SQL Views to pull into Smartlists. If this is not what you are looking for, can you please explain a little more about which reports you want to modify in Smartlist. "Jher" wrote: > i can't mod...

Calender on drop down Menu
Hi, Can I make a calender on drop down menu?. So instead of enter the date, just click the date on the menu. Thank you.... KF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Most times when I need to enter a date, I have a textbox on a form with a button beside it. The textbox is locked to prevent users from typing a date into the textbox. The button is captioned "Enter Date". Clicking the button opens a popup form with a calendar on it. When a date is clicked on the calendar, the date is programatically entered into the textbox and the popup forn is closed. PC Datash...

V10 Smartlist Builder smartlists
I upgraded from V9 to V10, none of my users (except power users) see the manufacturing smartlists or the Smartlist Builder smartlists we created in V9. Where is the security for this? thanks! -- Doug ...

bigest date in the date field
How to find Bigest date in a date field for a query. As i use max() function in date field it give any error message:Cannot have aggregate function in WHERE clause <clause>. (Error 3096) Regards Faisal Riyadh On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:23:00 -0700, Faisal <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to find Bigest date in a date field for a query. > > >As i use max() function in date field it give any error message:Cannot have >aggregate function in WHERE clause <clause>. (Error 3096) > > >Regards >Faisal >Riyadh This may be a better case...

Prevent removal of fields from pivot table or chart
Is it possible to prevent the user from moving or removing fields from a pivot table or chart. I have one user that likes to move thing around and he always seems to make things disappear. I would like to allow the filtering but not allow the moving of the dropdown options. Thanks -- deb ...

Query with drop down box
Hi, i wanted to create a query that would run and like a parameter query you have enter a criteria and then run the query, is there a way of creating a query that provides you with a drop down box or list so that you can choose the values/criteria you want? Thanks Sure, start by opening a form! and in the combo box after update event, write code to start the query, getting the parameter from the combo box in the form. So, instead of starting with a query, you start with a form, but the end result is the same... you get a parameter of a query read from a form's combo box. Egg-c...