Smartlist report #3

In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field
called Balance for Calculation.  That field has a drop down with (2) choices:
Net Change or Period Balance.

I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance"
choice.  Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Merle

Merle,

You're not doing anything wrong.  Basically, that field is useless in that
particular SmartList.  Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList
in general.  I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what
you're looking for from it.

From this and your previous question about this topic it sounds like you are
tying to find a SmartList that will show you an ending balance for each
account per period.  This is not possible in GP without building your own
custom SmartList.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EAF8EBBF-2A11-4F48-8EE8-37A70C744F55@microsoft.com...
> In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a
> field
> called Balance for Calculation.  That field has a drop down with (2)
> choices:
> Net Change or Period Balance.
>
> I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance"
> choice.  Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
>
> Merle

0
victoria (3340)
1/24/2009 10:40:10 AM
Well thanks for the insight on that SmartlIst report.  Guess I need to build
my own then.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Merle,
>
> You're not doing anything wrong.  Basically, that field is useless in that
> particular SmartList.  Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList
> in general.  I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what
> you're looking for from it.
>
> From this and your previous question about this topic it sounds like you are
> tying to find a SmartList that will show you an ending balance for each
> account per period.  This is not possible in GP without building your own
> custom SmartList.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EAF8EBBF-2A11-4F48-8EE8-37A70C744F55@microsoft.com...
> > In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a
> > field
> > called Balance for Calculation.  That field has a drop down with (2)
> > choices:
> > Net Change or Period Balance.
> >
> > I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance"
> > choice.  Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
> >
> > Merle

That's what we told you in the previous post!

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Merle Schwickerath" wrote:

> Well thanks for the insight on that SmartlIst report.  Guess I need to build
> my own then.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Merle,
> >
> > You're not doing anything wrong.  Basically, that field is useless in that
> > particular SmartList.  Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList
> > in general.  I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what
> > you're looking for from it.
> >
> > From this and your previous question about this topic it sounds like you are
> > tying to find a SmartList that will show you an ending balance for each
> > account per period.  This is not possible in GP without building your own
> > custom SmartList.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> >

> > "Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:EAF8EBBF-2A11-4F48-8EE8-37A70C744F55@microsoft.com...
> > > In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a
> > > field
> > > called Balance for Calculation.  That field has a drop down with (2)
> > > choices:
> > > Net Change or Period Balance.
> > >
> > > I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance"
> > > choice.  Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Merle

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/24/2009 5:54:01 PM
Sorry, never saw it.  That is why I submitted again.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's what we told you in the previous post!
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Merle Schwickerath" wrote:
>
> > Well thanks for the insight on that SmartlIst report.  Guess I need to build
> > my own then.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Merle,
> > >
> > > You're not doing anything wrong.  Basically, that field is useless in that
> > > particular SmartList.  Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList
> > > in general.  I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what
> > > you're looking for from it.
> > >
> > > From this and your previous question about this topic it sounds like you are
> > > tying to find a SmartList that will show you an ending balance for each
> > > account per period.  This is not possible in GP without building your own
> > > custom SmartList.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> > > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> > >

> > > "Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:EAF8EBBF-2A11-4F48-8EE8-37A70C744F55@microsoft.com...

error during loading crystal report in CRM
Hi, having created a new report in the crystal report designer, I get an error when the report is included in the Microsoft CRM. The error has the following content: "Fehler beim Laden der Datenbankinformationen" or "Error during loading databaseinformations" I have connected to the database with an OLE DB ADO connection. In the designer this works fine but in the Microsoft CRM system the error occurs. I belive the way of connecting is the problem and a possible solution could be to use the so called microsoft CRM connector. My question is: Is this the right idea and whe...

Report Sum/If Statement
I have a report that I am writing that will be summing footer sections with twist. I want to have the sum function state "0" if the days outstanding is greater than 2. However, if the days outstanding is less than or equal to 2 I want the report to sum the count. The formula that I am using is: =IIf([WU Day Count]>2,0,Sum([CountOfENTRY_NUM1])) This is working great if there is only a single line to add on either side (>2 or <=2) or if there are no instances of records >2 days, however if there are multiple lines where the days outstanding could be a number of days (...

Can i apply 3 different RUS policies all to everyone?
Can i apply 3 different RUS policies all to everyone? I need to do this because i have the default one, the proper one, and another which has old domain names in it. I can only get 1 policy plus the default to apply at once. Would it just be easier and better to put them all in one policy? I just wanted to keep the old domain details seperate. aaronw@firstmac.com.au wrote: >Can i apply 3 different RUS policies all to everyone? Only one Recipient Policy will apply to an object. The order in which the Recipient Policies is the order in which they appear in the "Priority" column ...

MS CRM 3.0 Notes
Can any one tell, how can i change the size e.g. resizing of note area under account or contact entities, under Notes tab? thanks MM ...

Crystal Report dates
Hi, Our software is RMS and we have Crystal Reports (brand new). We're trying to run a report but the date fields are screwing us up. Help! -- Thanks,Jan Jan, I don't have much to go on with your post, but RMS is very particular to the version of Crystal Reports that it runs internally. CR 8.5 is the default version that *should* work with RMS. Some have said that even then, the def files sometimes need a little tweaking. I, have 8.5 Dev and 11 (XI) Dev, and have used both in different methods, 11 as an externally called VB routine. What do you mean by "screwing us" up?...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

x axis #3
I am plotting a chart that has 160 pieces of data on the x-axis, this of course makes the chart illegible on one page in an excel worksheet. any ideas how I can get the axis to spread across more than one page so that each bar can be seen clearly? Put the chart on a worksheet, size it as desired, select the *cells* covered by the chart and print selection. Make sure XL prints the selected area at 100% size. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <A2AD5BF5-E283-41A0-9558-8D156...

Layaway Report #2
Does anyone out there have a layaway report that has a column for the balance remaining on the layaway? My accountant keeps bugging me for this report; I gave him the Layaway Payment report in CustomerSource, but he really needs a balance column added on to that. Can anyone help me out? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0613_01C743D5.2A88EC60 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0614_01C743D5.2A88EC60" ------=_NextPart_001_0614_01C743D5.2A88EC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-T...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

MS CRM 3.0 Training Locations in Atlanta GA
Hi. I am looking for MS CRM 3.0 training in the Atlanta, GA area. I have located a company named Inacom, but would like to know if there are other locations that provide training in the Atlanta area for Administration, Customization, Data Migration, etc. Thanks. Lisa Turner Check out this offical Microsoft training course location link: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/training/find/findcourse.mspx 1. Select "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" under Product/Technology 2. Drill down on the course you are looking for then search the next availability for your area Frank Lee, Microso...

Crystal Report
Any body knows about Crystal Report? I create de .def file. When I run it appear a Screen with "nothing" and Ok button ...

Outlook Delegates #3
I have users that are trying to send a message in behalf of eachother, but when they are setup as "Author" delegates they can send emails from one another's email inbox, but the email does not indicate which user it is sending the message. It does not say "In Behalf Of". Is there a way to make that show? -- Thanks, Myka Salas Use ADU&C to remove the Send As permission that those users have over = those other mailboxes.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and M...

remote access #3
is it possibe to use a email program other than outlook to Access email from a remote location. If so what is the correct information for the remote server ? Thanks in advance Chuck Chuck wrote: > is it possibe to use a email program other than outlook to Access email from > a remote location. > > If so what is the correct information for the remote server ? > > Thanks in advance > Chuck Sure. Any IMAP4 (or POP3) e-mail client can be used. You would need to put external IP or name in the settings (as server for incoming mail), setup port forwarding on your firewa...

report text drifting
i have a report where the text boxes drift vertically - up to .25 inches across 10 pages. All controls are set with 'can grow' = no and 'can shrink' = no. Any ideas why this is happening? I'm pulling out (what remaining) hair i have trying to figure this out! It is NOT printing blank pages. Is there any way to 'lock in' the vertical position? I've created 50 - 100 access reports and don't recall seeing this issue before. Any chance the Can Grow or Can Shrink properties of the *sections* (e.g. Detail section) are set wrong? Also, make s...

Money 2003 Poor report fonts
I have finally converted a money 99 database to 2003. Specifically in an income vs. spending report, the category title font is identical to the subcategorie font. This makes the report NOT user freindly. It displays with a bold font for the category, but does not print it bold. Money 99 handled this without a problem. Is there a way to make the reports look better? ...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

MS CRM 3.0 on SQL Cluster 2000 Environment...
Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and running with Reports, Outlook Client etc etc? CRM 3.0 supports only default instance on SQL Server. How about SQL Cluster? Is there any good document to implement CRM 3 in SQL Server 2000 cluster environment? I appreciate your help. Onkar http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringsqlservers.mspx "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1160873095.913396.268610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and > running wi...

HITB Report
We just upgraded a customer to GP 10.0 - the Historical Inventory Trial Balance report is not showing any invoice transactions, only purchase receipts. What would be causing this? Are they running any 3rd party invoicing or SOP products? This happened to us. We use Nolan recurring invoices. An upgrade from SP2 to SP3 fixed this for us. Have you run the IV Reset? This is a new report in v 10 and you need to run through a routine to initialize the HITB. "Susan" wrote: > We just upgraded a customer to GP 10.0 - the Historical Inventory Trial > Balance report is ...

Crystal Report for Account Statements - accountReceivableHistory,
Rather than using the built-in account statements, I'd like to do it in Crystal so that I can have full control. I'm hoping that someone else has done this work and can perhaps provide a Crystal report. Thanks for reading. Tim ...

Weekly Reporting on Multiple Project Status
(Brand new Project user) I need an easy way to report on multiple (20+) project status every week, including detailed task status, key deliverables for the week, current challenges, and notes. I do not need to track resources or budget. I was hoping to set up a project file that would essentially track all these independent projects at that level of detail, that I would be able to easily update with data reported to me for a weekly report for the overall team and management. Currently, we do this by updating a Word doc (tracking changes) and an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyo...

Dec 12 SECURITY UPDATE to version 11.3.1 to patch vulnerabilities
I saw the the update posted on versiontracker.com at: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14980 Rather than download at that site, I updated by going under Entourage's Help pulldown menu to "Check for Updates." As I noted in my comments on the versiontracker.com site: 11.3.0 installed without incident after I had quit out of all Office programs. Version numbers: Entourage updated from 11.2.5 to 11.3.1 but both Word and Excel remained at 11.3.0. No issues whatsoever in putting Entourage, Excel and Word through their paces. It would be nice if there never wer...

Report Sum question
Hi all I have a report that shows output from a League Table Most years have just Played/Won/Drawn/Lost/For/Against/Points format However, a handful of years had an added Bonus Point feature, where the team who had the highest aggregate score over the home and away ties got a bonus point. In a year where there are no bonuses the field in the table is left blank, whereas bonus years are recorded 0, 1, 2, 3 etc etc I have figured out how, on my report to sum the points and bonuses using =Nz([Points],0)+Nz([Bonus Points],0). The report is all encompassing of all years (one year ...

Why does Excel 2000 stop working after installing Crystal Reports.
I installed Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 to a user's laptop. The Crystal Reports works fine, as well as all other MS Office applications, except Excel 2000. A memory address error pops up when attempting to start Excel? Can anyone help? ...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...