smartlist negative number for returns

I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to
return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having
trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist
builder?
0
2020 (110)

Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and
multiply by -1.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"2020" wrote:

> I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
> invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to
> return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having
> trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist
> builder?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/8/2008 8:03:03 PM
There is absolutely no way you can do this in SmartList out of the box.  In
SmartList Builder or any other reporting tool this should be pretty
straightforward.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
> invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able
> return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am
> having
> trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need
> smartlist
> builder?

0
victoria (3340)
10/8/2008 8:26:43 PM
There is no way you can do this in SmartList out of the box.  In
SmartList Builder or any other reporting tool this should be pretty
straightforward.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog: www.victoriayudin.com

"2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
> invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able
> return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am
> having
> trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need
> smartlist
> builder?

0
victoria (3340)
10/8/2008 8:27:01 PM
that's great. I see where that is.

 but how would I recreate the existing (out of box) Sales Transaction*
smartlist in SLB in order to add the negative field? I did not see a copy
feature. I would imagine to create that out of box SL their are many joins
and stuff; would you happen to have a query for that SL that I could then add
to SLB as a view?

Thanks for any additional info.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and
> multiply by -1.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "2020" wrote:
>

> > I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
> > invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to
> > return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having
> > trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist
> > builder?
0
2020 (110)
10/8/2008 9:21:01 PM
The Dexterity manual IG.pdf has the detail of which tables and what join
types are used to build the existing SmartList objects. Go to page 324.
Dexterity is in the Tools\Dex folder on CD2 or just in the Tools/Dex folder
of the DVD.  Install Dex and then look at the manuals.  You can download the
manuals at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f324e5-2720-42b6-ba4e-5698bfc5d20f&displaylang=en

Leslie
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"2020" wrote:

> that's great. I see where that is.
>
>  but how would I recreate the existing (out of box) Sales Transaction*
> smartlist in SLB in order to add the negative field? I did not see a copy
> feature. I would imagine to create that out of box SL their are many joins
> and stuff; would you happen to have a query for that SL that I could then add
> to SLB as a view?
>
> Thanks for any additional info.
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and
> > multiply by -1.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "2020" wrote:
> >

> > > I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and
> > > invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to
> > > return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having
> > > trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist
> > > builder?
I checked out the Ig.pdf; great resource. I pulled out the table schema to
duplicate the canned sales transaction:

Tables SOP10100 - SOP_HDR_WORK
SOP10106 - sopUsrDefWorkHist
RM00101 - RM_Customer_MSTR
RM00103 - RM_Customer_MSTR_SUM
SOP30200 - SOP_HDR_HIST

Joins SOP10100 left-outer join to SOP10106
SOP10100 left-outer join to RM00101
SOP10100 left-outer join to RM00103
SOP30200 left-outer join to SOP10106
SOP30200 left-outer join to RM00101
SOP30200 left-outer join to RM00103

In sales drop down there is no RM_Customer_MSTR?  Is there a reson for this.
I am a sa user.

Thank you for any additional info.

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> The Dexterity manual IG.pdf has the detail of which tables and what join
> types are used to build the existing SmartList objects. Go to page 324.
> Dexterity is in the Tools\Dex folder on CD2 or just in the Tools/Dex folder
> of the DVD.  Install Dex and then look at the manuals.  You can download the
> manuals at:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f324e5-2720-42b6-ba4e-5698bfc5d20f&displaylang=en
>
> Leslie
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "2020" wrote:
>

> > that's great. I see where that is.
> >
> >  but how would I recreate the existing (out of box) Sales Transaction*
> > smartlist in SLB in order to add the negative field? I did not see a copy
> > feature. I would imagine to create that out of box SL their are many joins
> > and stuff; would you happen to have a query for that SL that I could then add
> > to SLB as a view?
> >
> > Thanks for any additional info.
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and
> > > multiply by -1.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
2020 (110)

Incremental Number DMAX (
I am totally new into programming (even in access). I am trying to create a custom auto number field where I need to look up the highest value of an item that belongs to a certain field within the same table. The DMAX works if I use it as a principal form. However, since both fields belongs to a subform, the DMAX doesn't works properly. tbl: Series fields: [InitialSerie] and [FinalSerie] (every record has an InitialSerie and a FinalSerie). I am trying to make that the next record's [InitialSerie] is the last record's [FinalSerie] +1. At the same time, in same record, the [FinalSe...

Negative Figures In A Query
Hi I have greated a query that sums up alot of different fields into numbers, the only problem is the numbers always return as a negative! How do I need to wright the expressions so that the figures return a positive number and not a negative. Example: I get (-214) when it should be (214) Any help would be great Abs(-214) or -214 *-1 "Bateman28" wrote: > Hi > > I have greated a query that sums up alot of different fields into numbers, > the only problem is the numbers always return as a negative! How do I need to > wright the ...

Formatting negative numbers in Excel
How do I format negative numbers to display in brackets/braces ( ) in Excel rather than with a minus sign? You can format the Numbers in 'Number Format'. Simply go to Format | Cells, and choose Number. Pick the negative format option of your choice. tj "Adams" wrote: > How do I format negative numbers to display in brackets/braces ( ) in Excel > rather than with a minus sign? Adams Wrote: > How do I format negative numbers to display in brackets/braces ( ) i > Excel > rather than with a minus sign? Go to: Format/Cell/Number and choose your negative n...

Sequential Numbering
Hi I use Excel 2000 with a Windows 2000 operating system. I would like to have an excel file that when I open it up, it generates a sequential number in cell A1. Is there a template maybe that I could use for this? or maybe someone can explain how to do it. Any advice is much appreciated. John Calder Hi this would require VBA. You may put the following code in your workbook module (not in a standard module): Private Sub Workbook_Open() with me.worksheets("sheet1").range("A1") .value = .value+1 end with End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

Maximum number of RM Invoice lines
Is there a maximum number of invoice lines on an RM invoice? Zero on RM Invoices. Virtually unlimited on SOP invoices HS "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1FA96EA-2D34-4FAC-8389-7AFAD868B631@microsoft.com... > Is there a maximum number of invoice lines on an RM invoice? I meant Transactions >> Sales >> Invoice Entry, which has a line item grid. Is there any limit to the lines there? Would GP performance suffer greatly if over 1000 lines were entered on one invoice? "HSalim[MVP]" wrote: > Zero on RM Invoice...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

WBS numbering
MS 2007 is addinf "00" to all the WBS numbers. ie...00.2.4.6 How to eliminate the prefix "00" -- Big Reds ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Big Reds's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165434.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1284194.htm http://forums.techarena.in Project > WBS > Define Code, sounds like it has a prefix set.... - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > MS 2007 is addinf "00" to all the WBS numbers. ...

Unique Number Creation
I am attempting to create unique numbering for document issue but don't seem able to. I want it to be similar to invoice.tmp file already set up. Can any one help me? Have you tried concatenating the now function and a random number ? = text(NOW();"yyyymmddhhss")&RANDBETWEEN(1,1000) Now() is the time now, but excel gives that as a number of days since the 1st january 1900 or something similar. The text function will allow to format that number as a text string with the year, month, day, hour, minutes and seconds. If that is not sufficiently unique you can add on a Randb...

Want to mail merge numbers into pub docs
How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? -- Jour Britta M. Andersen Box 109 3060 Espergļæ½rde Danmark Britta Mott Andersen wrote: > How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? Have a look at the raffle ticket tutorial at my website: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Britta, I'd love to help you but I don't understand what ...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

Formatting numbers as text
Can anyone tell me why cells containing figures which have bee formatted to text in some instances still see the figures as number and not as text. I have discovered that if I format the cells to tex and then double click on each cell which contains a figure I would lik to be seen as text then this fixes it but this is time consuming i there are several cells ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shirley Re-formatting numbers to text just changes the way they a...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

International Phone Numbers #2
Just a suggestion, but I think that there should be some sort of option to set up a customer as domestic or international, and for the Customer/Vendor card to reflect this. What I mean is that when you have an international phone number, the phone number fields should change to be able to accept international numbers, with a space for the country code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Normal distribution
Hi. I have tried different tools and addons for excel but I am having trouble creating a normal distribution without a negative x-axiz. Example: I want to present a normal distribution for a quiz for students, testing how long they need to solve a mathematical problem. The time varies from 0 to 300 seconds, and most students answer within 10 seconds, some even at once (like you would have done when the question is 2+2?). When I make this with PHStat, XLStat, PlotManager or by using Excel's tools, I always end up with an x-axis that goes from -something to +something. What I need is the n...

Excel suddenly converts dates to serial numbers
I set up my excel 2003 for dates to be written 4/25/2004 and instead all I get is serial numbers. I tried to format the cell for the date as above but it only comes out in serial numbers. When I set this spead sheet up it worked fine. The suddenly this changed and the dates went away. I cannot reverse this. any hints. Maybe you hit Ctrl-~ by accident and changed to "formulas view"? Hit it again or uncheck Tools, Options, View, Formulas. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "scheinz@cox.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6c1e01c42ee8$a77...

version numbers on spreadsheets
can i have version numbers on a spreadsheet. when i close the sheet, can excel append a new version number so i can keep old copies? This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/CustomDocumentProperties.zip The workbook has a family of VBA routines to help you create, amend, and delete Custom Document Properties It's in the "Administration Utilities" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm The code is open and commented. -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "phil...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

redistributing numbers in excel
Hi, I am not sure how to phrase this, but I will give an example. I have a set of numbers clumped together in one worksheet named W1, that looks like this: ___ a b c d e f 1___2 3 4 5 6 2___1 2 3 4 5 3___5 6 6 7 7 etc Pretty simple so far? OK great. NOW comes the hard part (for me at least) on a second worksheet, W2, i have a set of cells set up to receive the numbers just shown. but i want all the 4s to go in one slot, all the 5s to go in another, all the 2s in another, and so on. So i want to be able to draw out of the original set (as i input into th...

Number 1 appended to file names
Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open Excel. For example, when opening test.xls it opens as test1.xls. When I click save it is giving me the "save as" window instead, as the file name does not exist yet. Anyone know how to alleviate this? Thanks. Hi maybe the following helps: -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel user" <Excel user@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF6AADED-BAC0-4FD1-BE00-7392F2E3AE56@microsoft.com... > Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open...

Formatting Negative times
I'm trying to display the difference in the amount of time I exercise from month to month. Sometimes, it's negative. using a formula in EXCEL: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Q3),ISNUMBER(C3),C3>0,Q3>0),IF((T3-F3) >0,TEXT((T3-F3),"m:ss"),TEXT(-(T3-F3),"-"&"m:ss")),""), it works fine (the cells are in excel time, days). When I write a macro to do the same thing using: Cells(r, SumTAvgCol + DColD) = Format(-a, "-" & "mm:ss") I get -12:26. Always 12 as the minutes. If I use: Cells(r, SumTAvgCol + DColD) = Format(-a, &q...

Is there NOT a "make negative" function? and if not WHY???????
Is there a shortcut to make a cell negative? I'm looking for a simpler way than "F2, home, -" for each cell o running a "=0-A1" in another column and then pasting the cells a values and deleting the column with the formula. Grrrrrr! It seems there ought to be a simpler way to do it. Control-D copies the cell above it... is there something like that fo "make negative"? Oh, it'd be so great if you could select a range o cells and then do Control-whatever and it would make them all negative -- jenniferlawh -----------------------------------------...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...

Auto invoice number
I am self employed and every week I fill out invoices, and sometimes get comfused what invoice number I need to use. what I would like to do is every time I open my work sheet is to have a auto invoice number for every time how do I do it, please be has clear and easy as possible because I am not very good with excel Cheers Dave Hi Dave, Look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dave" <dave.elenor@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:JR7oh.42739$KT2.14623@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... |...