Smartlist Builder should let me limit the amount of records displ.

I want to create Smartlists with Smartlist Builder that only display a
specific number of records. By limiting the amount of records that diplay, I
can give access to the Smartlist to more people in my company. For instance,
I don't want my order processing staff to have access to my Sales Transaction
Smartlist because the owner of the company doen't want them to be able to
extract certain sales data on the company from it. By creating a Smartlist
that limits the number of records the user can access they could have a
chopped verision of the Sales Transaction list that they could use do display
a limited amount of data such as orders or a specific customer or search for
an Invoices with a certain dollar amount.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e20edce2-5ceb-433d-9197-6354da871c71&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Karie (4)

You should be able to create a SQL view which limits the amount of data
available to be returned. You can create your SmartList on the view.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Karie" wrote:

> I want to create Smartlists with Smartlist Builder that only display a
> specific number of records. By limiting the amount of records that diplay, I
> can give access to the Smartlist to more people in my company. For instance,
> I don't want my order processing staff to have access to my Sales Transaction
> Smartlist because the owner of the company doen't want them to be able to
> extract certain sales data on the company from it. By creating a Smartlist
> that limits the number of records the user can access they could have a
> chopped verision of the Sales Transaction list that they could use do display
> a limited amount of data such as orders or a specific customer or search for
> an Invoices with a certain dollar amount.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e20edce2-5ceb-433d-9197-6354da871c71&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

cannot update credit limit in Money 05
I just noticed, in Money 2005 I cannot change the credit limit on my credit cards like I could in previous versions. The help refers to clicking the "update credit information" button, but I don't have that button in this version. Does anyone else have the same problem? I don't use the internet to update my accounts (only the stock prices). Thanks, Tom This is M05 Standard? See these threads: http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&as_epq=credit+limit&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_...

OWA
I have an Exchange 2003 server with SP2 running on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. Most of the accounts are generic and given the bandwidth of certain remote locations, the users will use OWA to retrieve their email (in addition don't want to have to pay for Office licenses). The catch is that the generic mailboxes need to be only accessible from inside the network. Other employees need to have access both inside and outside the office. My initial thought (albeit an expensive one) is to put the internal only users on a separate Exchange server that is not accessible from the outside. I am ...

Advanced Excel Drop downs, with limitations
Thanks to all for the SUPER informative answers on the questions! I have found most solutions to the questions that make me chase coffee all day. But I have a new one. I have created a spreadsheet , and included the drop down menus by using the data-validation-settings method I found in a post a few threads ago. But I am running into two problems. 1) I only want one cell, a blank one, and I want to have users go in and click on the drop down menu, and have about 15 choices. Then I want them to be able to move to another cell, and repeat. How can this be done 2) I have noticed that when a c...

Extra Page Header when no more records
I have a report that contains a report header, page header, page footer, report footer, and within my report footer detail from my subreport. When I pull for lets say two records, both records print on page one. Page two gives me my monthly totals and year to date totals(from subreport) but at the top of the page it gives me the same page header from page one. Page 3 gives me the same page header from the previous pages but nothing under it. I don't have a problem with the page header being on page two but do have a problem with it creating an extra page on page 3. Can someone ...

Storage limits list
Users have custom define storage limits for maiboxes. How can i see a list of all users storage limits (warning, prohibit send, prohibit receive)? System is Win2003, Exchange2003. Thanx, Rok ...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

Creating a character limit
Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered into a cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters. Data > Valadation > Allow > Text Length > set parameters. HTH Regards, Howard "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E854DE-4779-4056-9818-ACEED59CEC59@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered > into a > cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters. Use Data | Validation "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Subform of depreciation amounts
Good morning, I would like to have a subform on a form that list detail depreciation amounts. I know the purchase price of an asset, the assets life span and a depreciation start date. Is there a way for me to create records to populate a datasheet subform showing the depreciation amount? I was currently thinking of writing the transactions to a depreciation table, but thought displaying the information on the fly would be more useful. Is there a way to have a query create all these records and have that be the recordsource of the subform? Any examples or ideas would be most helpful. ...

How to limit store.exe and sqlservr.exe's RAM hunger
I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the most, and leave little for other applications. I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications. What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and sqlservr.exe ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2006 12:32:20 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask >for it, but in my se...

PivotCharts (max cell/row limits)?
I've recently created an Excel spreadsheet to track Utility (water, sewer, electricity) consumption and costs at 5 different locations...tracking the past 3 years. It's 11 columns wide and is now on it's 389th row. To view the data graphically (i.e. by individual site or type of utility) I am using PivotCharts...which by the way are AWESOME! Unfortunately, when I'm trying to view the last site I'm unable to view all of it's data...oddly enough it stops at about 260 of the 388 records/rows. I've hit REFRESH but still nothing. Are these two related? (I figured, it...

Go to a new record on another form?
Hello! I have a form (Form2) which is being opened (or sometimes set focus to) from another form (Form1). On the open and gotfocus events, I want it to go to a new record; however, I also want it to be able to see/edit previous records (so the DataEntry mode option is right out). -I have no OnGotFocus, OnLoad, etc events in Form2 -the code on Form1 calling Form2 is on a command button. I've included the whole mess of code on that button, just in case I'm missing something dreadfully obvious: Private Sub Command28_Click() 'the "record the valiant effort of this volunteer&qu...

Current Time subtract a specific amount every second
I have a total in A1 and B2 I want B2 to be subtracted from A1 every second of the day.. Based on the Current Time in D4 D4 contains =now() Is this what you want: =a1-b2*mod(d4,1)*86400 Format as number Regards, Fred "Jman" <Jman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1759EFC-38AF-443D-A72A-8ED946580876@microsoft.com... >I have a total in A1 and B2 > > I want B2 to be subtracted from A1 every second of the day.. Based on the > Current Time in D4 > D4 contains =now() > "Fred Smith" wrote: > Is thi...

Budgeted Item Shows Zero Amount When Tied to a Bill that reoccurs.
This applies to Microsoft Money 2004 Standard OEM Version 12.0 Update 1 I noticed in my budget report it shows that I have a monthly budget for Automobile: Automobile Insurance of $0.00. However, if you click edit budget on the common task page and then click next. Then you arrive at the "Enter Your Expenses" page. I have a budget group called Automobile. If you drill down and expand Automobile it looks like this: Automobile: Automobile Insurance ( red arrow) Safeco Insurance Monthly126.50 Other Expens...

2 GB storage/operations limit errors and repairs
Have a friend that has experienced a 2GB operational limit/error. Any suggestions regarding repair and/or proper fix? His OS is 2K Pro, as for his Outlook - 2000. My outlook.pst file was under 600K in the last backup a week ago, now one week later it is over 2G using the same OS. I receive an error meesage -- detected in the file archive and outlook pst. Quit all mail-enabled application, and then use the inbox repair tool. This happen to me and another PC at my company yesterday. Do you think this is a new virus or the latest affects from a MS loaded office patch? I have had to ...

Insert Symbol
In Excel 2002 with SP2, the Insert Symbol font-list is truncated at RomanScrD - which (surprise...)gives a list of exactly 256 fonts. (The Cell Format font-list on the other hand displays the full list.) A search of KBase has (even nore surprisingly!) nothing relevant. Since the font list is the default one supplied by MSoft, it seems that Excel is truncating it with no error message and no advance warning or documentation. Hence it seems to be an undocumented Excel bug - which surprises me. If so, it is not trivial as fonts such as Times as well as oddball ones such as the Wingd...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...

Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi
What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity? I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record. I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on "Relationship Type = Customer" right? Any pointers?? ...

Next Record in ListBox
Is there an easy way to move to the next record in a list box after the list box has been clicked on? Martin Hi, you can use following code: If Me.MyListbox.ListCount > 0 Then Me.MyListbox.Selected(1) = True end if -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40D2CCF5-0F84-4A49-94F4-6D2E37C8F82F@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to move to the next record in a list box after the > list >...

Default column layout in Smartlist Builder
When generating new Smart list using the Smartlist Builder tool it would be great to allow for a means of identifying what the default column layout to be rather that having to create a favorite to do that. For Example. If SLB wanted to place columns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as such you could tell it to make it 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 instead in the root folder of the new SL created ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see th...

Tracking shared records in 4.0
Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier than 3.0? thanks none so far. but you can try the SDK "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03B6F61B-C105-47E7-8E25-FD2B946D6FEF@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier > than 3.0? > thanks ...

A limit for number of shared calendars?
I have this plan to set up maybe 15-20 shared calenders in my exchange 2003 sp1 environment (clients have outlook 2003). I wonder if anyone know if there could be a problem of some kind with have so many calendars. If there is, I might have to cancel the purchase of a new third party system. That is why this is important to me. thanks. =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZHJpayBCZXJnc3Ryw7Zt?= <FredrikBergstrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D8159A76-ECE3-4D1E-AAFC-40B9CABAC4F1@microsoft.com: > I have this plan to set up maybe 15-20 shared calenders in my exchange > 2003 sp1 environmen...

Smartlist Creation
New User - Went into Smartlist under Customer Balance and added the aging to it but when it refreshed everything was 0-30 days. I know if I run an AR aging report it will not reflect everything in 0-30 days. Where does the Smartlist pull its data from. Go to Tools->Routines->Sales->Ageing and run this process. It ages the accounts just like the report but it writes the data back to the tables. This provides the data for the SmartList as well as updating the agening displays and information printed on statements. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant btw.....more informat...