SmartList Builder - Go To - difficulty opening form

I have created a SmartList similar to the SmartList that comes with GP9.0
called Receivings Line Transactions - Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*.
When you double-click on a record in this SmartList, the Recevings
Transaction Inquiry Zoom window appears and it is populated with the
information for the record you selected.

I want to this functionality to my SmartList. When I attempt to add this “Go
To” to the SmartList that I created, the form does not open when I
double-click on an entry in my SmartList. To see if I was doing this
correctly, I was able to have it open the Vendor Maintenance form, so I
believe I have the general procedure correct in creating a “Go To”.

To create this “Go To” from the Go To window I clicked the Add button and
selected “Open Form”, which opened the Add Go To – Open Form window. I
selected Microsoft Dynamics GP for Product, Purchasing for Series, and
Receivings Transaction Inquiry Zoom for the Form. I then clicked on Add for
Tasks giving me the Add Task window. Here, I selected a task type of “Set a
field value and run a field script”. For Field I selected POP Receipt Number.
For Table I selected Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities. For Value I selected
POP Receipt Number. I also added other values, all using “Set a field value
and fun a field script” even though I have not created any field scripts, as
follows:
	Field – Table – Value
	Receipt Date – Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities – Date Received
	Vendor ID – Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities – Vendor ID
	Vendor Name – Purchase Order Work – Vendor Name

I save these entries and rebuild my SmartList but when I click on an entry
on this SmartList, nothing opens.

I have tried numerous combinations of the values as well as selecting "Set a
field value" for some and all of the task types, but I am not able to have
the form open.

Can anyone suggest what I may be missing or anything else to try?

I did not find anything helpful on KnowledgeBase concerning this problem.

Thank you for your help.

0
DonJohnson (126)

Don,

I am having this problem as well with a twist.  On most of the workstations
at my client, the GoTo works fine. On selected workstations it fails like you
describe.  I am trying to identify differences between the stations.

Try your smart list at other workstations under other user ids and post back
your results.

I am submitting a tech support request on this and will let you know that
they say.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Don Johnson" wrote:

> I have created a SmartList similar to the SmartList that comes with GP9.0
> called Receivings Line Transactions - Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*.
> When you double-click on a record in this SmartList, the Recevings
> Transaction Inquiry Zoom window appears and it is populated with the
> information for the record you selected.
>
> I want to this functionality to my SmartList. When I attempt to add this “Go
> To” to the SmartList that I created, the form does not open when I
> double-click on an entry in my SmartList. To see if I was doing this
> correctly, I was able to have it open the Vendor Maintenance form, so I
> believe I have the general procedure correct in creating a “Go To”.
>
> To create this “Go To” from the Go To window I clicked the Add button and
> selected “Open Form”, which opened the Add Go To – Open Form window. I
> selected Microsoft Dynamics GP for Product, Purchasing for Series, and
> Receivings Transaction Inquiry Zoom for the Form. I then clicked on Add for
> Tasks giving me the Add Task window. Here, I selected a task type of “Set a
> field value and run a field script”. For Field I selected POP Receipt Number.
> For Table I selected Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities. For Value I selected
> POP Receipt Number. I also added other values, all using “Set a field value
> and fun a field script” even though I have not created any field scripts, as
> follows:
> 	Field – Table – Value
> 	Receipt Date – Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities – Date Received
> 	Vendor ID – Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities – Vendor ID
> 	Vendor Name – Purchase Order Work – Vendor Name
>
> I save these entries and rebuild my SmartList but when I click on an entry
> on this SmartList, nothing opens.
>
> I have tried numerous combinations of the values as well as selecting "Set a
> field value" for some and all of the task types, but I am not able to have
> the form open.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I may be missing or anything else to try?
>
> I did not find anything helpful on KnowledgeBase concerning this problem.
>
> Thank you for your help.

0
info4071 (3004)

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

Open email .PST files to Outlook Express (Win 9x only) Free without Outlook
DISCLAIMER: Microsoft doesn't recommend this strategy. Neither do I. IT MAY BREAK STUFF. It may stop any MAPI enabled programs from working if installed. It may cause problems that are just plain weird. Although, Corel WP8 insists on installing this anyway, so... Make backups of your .pst. Use the backup to test. Do NOT use original ..pst files, as this method will shrink them. This method can be used to retrieve all email and attachments (beware that OE may block attachments!) and possibly Outlook Notes (not sure.) It doesn't merge/import the contact list of Outlook. Look, in my c...

Can I Open Tasks Window Automagically?
I would like to have the tasks window open when outlook is opened but in a seperate window. Is this possible. I have outlook opening from startup but then have to open the task window manually. If I loosely translate this to where you want to see 2 Outlook windows at start (e.g. 1 to Inbox & 1 to tasks), then try this. * Start Outlook * Right click on Tasks folder and select Open in New Window * Now, close Outlook by selecting File > Exit (the "x" in the upper right is taboo, don't use it... ever) * Now if you start Outlook, you should get the two windows "...

Unable to open attachment
We are running 5.5 service pack 4, and the recipients could not open attachments. I tested this my self, I sent myself an email with an attachment and it could not open. I finally rebooted the server and now it is working fine. There were no connectivity problems. Any suggestions so I can prevent this in the future and not have to resort to rebooting? Look at your Exchange AV. What do you use? -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Outlook 2007 will not open 03-01-10
Suddenly my OUtlook 2007 will not open. Getting message stating: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." ... totally out of the blue. Read somebody else's post, and the solution prescribed (see below). Exactly where do you type this info in? Thanks in advance for helping. I am panicking. -- DF "Roady [MVP]" wrote: > Try starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; > Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane > > If that doesn't solve it, see; > http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesn...

new database file (mdb) created when an existing database is open
When I open an existing database and then close it a new mdb file is created in the same folder as the existing database. "salmosalar" <salmosalar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233AC696-203C-4258-8EA6-755F5FD6877F@microsoft.com... > When I open an existing database and then close it a new mdb file is > created > in the same folder as the existing database. You probably have compact on close set as an option, and don't have sufficient privileges on the folder, or you are shutting down too quickly and not allowing enough time for the com...

Open In Firefox
Hi, Is there a way to open link from within Vista Mail and Outlook messages in Firefox instead of IE7? I have FF already set as my default browser, but Mail and Outlook still open links in IE. Is ther a reg hack for this if I need to go that route? Thanks, Tom set FF to be the default browser... go into : tools options main tab make sure system defaults is checked for FF to be default browser, and click check now button. it will say it is not and ask you do you want to change it. say yes... AL "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:5uednfY2dNWyEVbYnZ2dnUVZ_...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

installer starts when opening outlook 2000
When I open outlook 2000, an installer pops up and another box then pops up looking for the data1.msi file. This has been recently happening after Windows 2000 service pack 4 has been installed and only on laptops ...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

How to open outlook minimized
How do I make the Outlook 2003 start minimized when I start Windows Xp(Pro) ? Thanks for tips, Kent, Troms� Norway Try creating a shortcut in the StartUp folder that has the Run property set to "Minimized" "Kent Sarnes" <kent_234@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dgpqrj$4ht$1@services.kq.no... > How do I make the Outlook 2003 start minimized when I start Windows > Xp(Pro) ? Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] <vince@omegageek.com> wrote: > Try creating a shortcut in the StartUp folder that has the Run > property set to "Minimized" ...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...

Open .eml mail with Outlook Express and modify header
How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express in XP Professional in modify mode? I try to open the mail and be able to insert the subject, body, an destination to Thanks!! "Javier" <jlmena(arroba)wanadoo.es> wrote in message news:uTG2OK9zIHA.872@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Trouble Opening WMV File
Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Running Win XP SP3....

Default column layout in Smartlist Builder
When generating new Smart list using the Smartlist Builder tool it would be great to allow for a means of identifying what the default column layout to be rather that having to create a favorite to do that. For Example. If SLB wanted to place columns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as such you could tell it to make it 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 instead in the root folder of the new SL created ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see th...

OUTLOOK 2003
I have sent myself some EXE files.... and the Outlook 2003 block the attatchement. How do I let it to download exe files.... and one more thing.... why cant the html mail show pictures????? Morten Check out the following article: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch12/OutG07.htm "Morten" <baiaz@beer.com> wrote in message news:iQVob.432$%W3.340@amstwist00... > I have sent myself some EXE files.... and the Outlook 2003 block the > attatchement. How do I let it to download exe files.... and one more > thing.... why cant the html mail show pictures????? ...

create excel spreadsheet to display data from filled text forms
I want to combine the data from surveys (forms) that are uniform in content and filled in electronically using Microsoft Word in order to display the results automatically into an Excel spreadsheet. I realize I must have to import this data into an excel spreadsheet. I also see that this process can be done somewhat by creating an Access database from a text file (Word) which is similiear but I haven't seen specific advice about how to do this for Excel. Please help me. ...

convert a .dat file opened in Word to excel?
How do I convert a file to excel. The file I wish to convert is a .dat file that was opened in Word. Just pull-down: File > Open and type in the name of the file. The import wizard should wake-up to help you. -- Gary's Student "JPM" wrote: > How do I convert a file to excel. The file I wish to convert is a .dat file > that was opened in Word. Yes I am aware of the import wizard process - I guess I didn't ask the right question. Once it is imported into excel - it doesn't line up in the columns - is there a quick way to fix this or is it cut and pas...

Smartlist Creation
New User - Went into Smartlist under Customer Balance and added the aging to it but when it refreshed everything was 0-30 days. I know if I run an AR aging report it will not reflect everything in 0-30 days. Where does the Smartlist pull its data from. Go to Tools->Routines->Sales->Ageing and run this process. It ages the accounts just like the report but it writes the data back to the tables. This provides the data for the SmartList as well as updating the agening displays and information printed on statements. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant btw.....more informat...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Double opening #2
Hi Thanks to all who responded to my query regarding the 'double opening' of an Excel file. The problem has been resolved after a visit to http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Thank you -- Dick ...

open attachments
I'm using XP and Outlook 2002. For some reason I am no longer given the option to "open" attachments just to save them to the disk. Seems to apply to all attachments and doesn't seem to be virus related. any ideas? ...