SmartList Builder documentation #2

Hello,

I new to Smartlist Builder. Is there any documentation / user manual
available?

thanks in advance

0
RichC (2)

Rich,

Not sure if it's the same for all versions, but for GP 9.0 it's under Help >
Printable Manuals > Reporting.  If you're not finding it, post back with
your GP version number.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Rich C." <RichC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I new to Smartlist Builder. Is there any documentation / user manual
> available?
>
> thanks in advance

0
victoria (3340)
11/16/2007 6:33:02 PM
ouch, that's the only place I didn't look.
thanks

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Not sure if it's the same for all versions, but for GP 9.0 it's under Help >
> Printable Manuals > Reporting.  If you're not finding it, post back with
> your GP version number.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Rich C." <RichC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I new to Smartlist Builder. Is there any documentation / user manual
> > available?
> >
> > thanks in advance

0
RichC (2)

Word 2007 documents close as "read only"
OS: Windows 7 Frequent Occurence In Word 2007, I work on an existing document and then try to close it. I can only "save it as" with a different name because, Word claims, it is a "read only" document. I look at its properties and "read only" is not checked. After I save it with different name, I look at the (closed) original document's properties and, still, the "read only" box is not checked. All these documents are in the main drive. Any help will be appreciated. -- YannisA In researching this problem, I see a number of possible...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

Layaway Report #2
Does anyone out there have a layaway report that has a column for the balance remaining on the layaway? My accountant keeps bugging me for this report; I gave him the Layaway Payment report in CustomerSource, but he really needs a balance column added on to that. Can anyone help me out? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0613_01C743D5.2A88EC60 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0614_01C743D5.2A88EC60" ------=_NextPart_001_0614_01C743D5.2A88EC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-T...

Access External Tables Using SmartList Builder
Can I access external SQL tables in SmartList Builder? We want to query tables in the Tensoft Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing (FSM) software module that is bolted to GP. Thank you. You certainly can! If your tables reside in another database, you will need to create views from within your GP company database as follow: create view vwTensoftTable as select field1, field2,...,fieldN from YourTensoftDatabase.dbo.tensofttable You will need to then grant permissions to DYNGRP on those views. From there on, you can pull into SLB. Best regards, -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

picking up messages on 2 different computers
i need to pick up the same messages on 2 different computers at different times (eg on return from holiday location). i have set the criteria "leave message on server" on both computers but having received them into WLM on one computer i cannot then receive them on the other - although the messages are still in my servers webmail box. this used to work with ok using outlook express Is this an IMAP or POP mail server? Is this is Hotmail/Yahoo/GMail? "annie" <annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67BDE9FA-F11B-48C4-A4B5-4F512D12B0FB@mi...

How do I print a large horizontial document in excel?
How do I print a very large document in excel. I need to print so the columns are printed first and not the rows. the question is ambiguous, but perhaps what you are looking for might be file, page setup, sheets, where you can choose Page order: down then over, or over then down If you are doing duplex printing with two sheets wide then you would probably want to switch to over then down. I probably guessed correctly because after writing that, I noticed the wording in the subject that was NOT included in the question. Please write a clear and complete questio...

Textbox question #2
How do I get people only to put numbers into a textbox. If a letter is hit by accident how do I get a message to say only number can be inputted. Thanks Click on "Data" then "Validation" on the sub menu. Under "Vaidation criteria" look for what you want then fill in the range. Then click on the "Input message" tab to enter your "Enter only a whole number" message. "browie" wrote: > How do I get people only to put numbers into a textbox. If a letter is hit > by accident how do I get a message to say only number can be...

How do I back up my complete "my document" file?
I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate knowing how. Do you have any sort of large writeable media (writeable CDs, DVDs, etc)? If so you could try copying your My Documents folder on to them "Dougal" <Dougal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD55FCB-B576-408F-9BFC-B736ABE17CE6@microsoft.com... >I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate > knowing how. The next issue of "Computeractive" will cover this in some depth. "Dougal" <Dougal@discussi...

Link to Word document not working
I have a command button to open and merge data from the current form record into a Word form. The code below loads Word (showing in Task Manager Processes tab) but it is not visible. I'm using Access 2002 and Word 2003 ---- Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document On Error Resume Next Err.Clear Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set doc = appWord.Documents.Open("C:\path\filename.doc", , True) With doc .FormFie...

goldmine intergration #2
is there any software outthere to intergrate RMS with goldmine? ...

repeating formulas by the same row or colum increment as the last. #2
I need to repeat formulas in a sheet by the same #of rows. I mean I might increase the copied value by 22 rows. How can I enter that without typing each row increment. So if I was to copy row 22 and then row 42 and then row 62. I might have one that looked like +sheetnameb22. The next one would be +sheetname b42, the next +sheetnameB62 ...

join data rows from 2 worksheets
Hello I have Worksheet 1 columnA has data like yellow green red .... columnB has data like chair table window .... ---------------------------------------- Worksheet 2 has columnA big small medium .... columnB has data like table window chair .... I want to join the data from the two tables using matches from columns B How do I do that? thanks! If it is possible to reverse the A & B Columns then: =VLOOKUP("Chair",Sheet2!A1:B3,2,FALSE)& " "&VLOOKUP("Chair",Sheet1!A1:B3,2,FALSE)& " Chair" =VLOOKUP("Table",Sheet...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...

Exchange 5.5 Backup #2
Hi, I have exchange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (soon going to migrate to Exchange 2003). In another Server I have Windows 2000 & Exchange 5.5 administartion tool installed for the Online Backup. Suddenly Backup stops& gives following error, can some body no how to resolved this. "MSExchangeIS (508) The database engine has stopped the backup with error -1018" -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-mail: ahmad.zahoory@gmail.com On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:25:03 -0800, "Ahmad M. Zahoory" <Ahmad@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >I have exchange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (soon...

SmartList/SmartList builder
Hello, I was training a group of customers today on SmartList builder and they were creating trying to create a SmartList report. Everything goes well until at least 4 or 5 of them were having errors saving the SmartList in the SmartList Builder window. The error was something about a duplicate key being created on the SLB11000 and the SLB 11100 tables (I cannot recall which users have errors on which tables) but after attempting to save the SmartList ID and building the SmartList ID on the actual SmartList view, I cannot see the favorite there. (They say they may have, at one point in...

Connect document properties to headers and footers
Hi, I'd like to fill in the document properties of the Excel document. After i want to connect the properties to the headers and footers of the excel file. Now i have to change all the header and footers of the document myself. Or does anyone have an other idea. Thanx for the response. -- Jeroen ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micros...

2 GB storage/operations limit errors and repairs
Have a friend that has experienced a 2GB operational limit/error. Any suggestions regarding repair and/or proper fix? His OS is 2K Pro, as for his Outlook - 2000. My outlook.pst file was under 600K in the last backup a week ago, now one week later it is over 2G using the same OS. I receive an error meesage -- detected in the file archive and outlook pst. Quit all mail-enabled application, and then use the inbox repair tool. This happen to me and another PC at my company yesterday. Do you think this is a new virus or the latest affects from a MS loaded office patch? I have had to ...

Restore #2
Sir, Steps to Restore Deleted Mailbox Store From Last NT Backup Thanks and Regards Sathish Kumar http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258243 what is the problem? sathish kumar nair wrote: > Sir, > > Steps to Restore Deleted Mailbox Store From Last NT Backup > > Thanks and Regards > Sathish Kumar ...

recently viewed documents
in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not show up even when the options are set to 9 How are you opening the workbooks? In xl97, you have to do File|Open for them to show up. They won't show up if you double click on them from Windows Explorer. Mark wrote: > > in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not > show up even when the options are set to 9 -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Received Not Invoiced
GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis - Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist contains numerous items that are not on the report. It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items where these amounts are not equal. When I attempted to examine the Rece...

check class inherits from 2 interfaces
Hi Guys, I would be grateful if you could give me a hint. I am writing a plugin based program. i have 2 interfaces (abstract classes) IPlugin and IPluginMenu, all plugins inherit from IPlugin but plugins that need menu need to inherit from IPluginMenu and implement OnMenu which is pure virtual. Now in my SDK I have a function called SetPluginMenu and there as a parameter I want to pass a instance of class that inherits from IPluginMenu, but the problem is that I also need to make sure that caller also inherits from IPlugin, so that someone inheriting only from IPluginMenu won't b...

windows server 2008 #2
Hi I have been running GP 10.0 SP 3 with SQL 2008 in a test environment with Windows Server 2008. I have problem I can't login to GP for workstation (windows Vista ) if any one have an installation of GP-10 with an Instance in SQL-2008. and Windows Server 2008 can help me Are you receiving error messages when trying to login? You may have to disable UAC(User Account Control) from Control Panel. "Magdy wadie" wrote: > Hi > I have been running GP 10.0 SP 3 with SQL 2008 in a test environment with > Windows Server 2008. I have problem I can't login to GP for...

Can I merge data from multiple contacts into one word document?
I would like to merge data from more than one contact record, but all into one document...everything I have tried so far results in many unique documents. Is there a way to extract data from multiple records, to produce a single document? I am running Office Xp Pro, local instalation. Thanks +@itude Use a mail merge to Word, selecting the catalog format for the merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "+@itude" <vit...

Help is needed on CoCreateInstance on device #2
Hi, I am new to DCOM. I have used CoCreateInstance(), on CIRRUS LOGIC device, it is returning 80040154 as error number, which tells that it is class is not registered. But regedit on device is not working. How to register the class for CoCreateInstance(), please help me. Thanks in advance Regards, Rohini changtikavita@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am new to DCOM. > > I have used CoCreateInstance(), on CIRRUS LOGIC device, it is > returning 80040154 as error number, which tells that it is class is > not registered. But regedit on device is not working. How to registe...