Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list
for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on
the bottom of the window in the status bar.  For instance, a client requested
a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4
rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8.  The search criteria look to
be the same as in my local view.  Trying it in my local view, I get the same
results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13
rows, but the status bar shows 26.  Any ideas what's going on?
--
BrianB
-1

just a guess but if you consistently get double the results (items in window
vs count in status) then somebody probably screwed up in the looping logic
and accidently incremented the "counter" variable twice.  Just a guess of
course..

patrick
developer support

"BrianB" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart
> list
> for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than
> on
> the bottom of the window in the status bar.  For instance, a client
> requested
> a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4
> rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8.  The search criteria look
> be the same as in my local view.  Trying it in my local view, I get the
> same
> results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows
> 13
> rows, but the status bar shows 26.  Any ideas what's going on?
> --
> BrianB

-1
prot1 (1345)
6/18/2008 3:11:27 AM
Brian,

This has been the case for this particular SmartList (and only this one, as
far as I know) for a number of versions at this point.  The total on the
bottom shows double the actual number of results.  I can't imagine that this
would take a lot of effort to fix, but it seems never to make it onto any
fix list.....

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"BrianB" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart
> list
> for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than
> on
> the bottom of the window in the status bar.  For instance, a client
> requested
> a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4
> rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8.  The search criteria look
> be the same as in my local view.  Trying it in my local view, I get the
> same
> results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows
> 13
> rows, but the status bar shows 26.  Any ideas what's going on?
> --
> BrianB

1
victoria (3340)

Smart Lists
We find it would be helpful if there were a different icon for each report based on the visibility (System, Company, User ID, User Class). I might also be helpful to see who created the report, maybe by right clicking the icon. -- Dave Stonesifer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Convert Campaign Response to another record
When I convert a Campaign response to an Opportunity it is already 'created'. This means that the create callout has already fired, before the user can enter information it requires (so it fails). Another strange thing is that although the call out fires, the 'create' workflow does not seem to run, meaning that I get the worst of both worlds! Has anyone figured out a way to use the 'convert to record' functionality without the resulting record already being 'created'? ...

GreatPlains 9.0 and SQL2005
I'm trying to find requirements for GP 8.0 (SQL2000 and BusinessPortal 2.5 ) to GP 9.0 (SQL2000 BusinessPoratl 3.0) upgrade. As far as I understand SQL 2005 not required to run GP 9.0 with BusinessPortal 3.0 . Am I going to lose any functionality/features buy staying with SQL2000? I heard windows authentication will be available in GP 9.0 only in SQL2005 configuration. Is it true? Thanks in advance. You do not have access to the checkboxes in user setup with SQL 2000. However, you maintain the use of SQL Server Reporting Services because GP 9 does not work with the SSRS in 2005...

Global Address List / Address Lists in Exchange 2003
Hi. I've recently installed Small Business Server 2003 and have been testing clients with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. What I would like to do is have an address book stored on the server with all of the company's contacts, that anyone internally can add to and edit. I know that the GAL is already populated with all of the company employees who have mailboxes (from the Active Directory) but the GAL seems like it can only be viewed in the style of clicking "To" on a new email. What we would like to do is have ALL company contacts (both internal and external) in on...

moving data from one sheet to another 04-07-10
I am trying to move data from one line on one sheet to multiple lines on another. Basically taking a customer list and converting it to 4x6 notecards for easy reference on the road. When I try to copy the formula down the second page it skips 10 lines at a time. the only thing that I have been able to do is manually delete the cell reference #'s and type the correct ones in. Is there a way to set the reference to not skip 10 lines at a time? I have over 500 contacts to do. Post example of formula please? -- Best Regards, Luke M "SalesGuy" <SalesGuy@discu...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

no smart tags
i downloaded a trial version of excel 2007...I want to update my excel stock portfolio with current stock prices...BUT THERE ARE NO SMART TAGS in my spread sheet...I tried to intall the smart tag install.exe file but it does not exist...trust me.. any suggestions...(no recognizers in smart tag) ...

Outlook Distribution Lists
I can find twenty answers to my '?'-I want to find the 'best practice' answer. Info- I work on team that is consultant with a company. Each member of team has multiple email address. depending on intention of email, it may have to be mailed to one or several of the each person's email addresses. We constantly sending to wrong address, miss or sending to too many addresses for each person. I'm looking for best and why - easiest and best way for me to send to them and them to save since possibility of at least 5 distr lists of the group but differen...

Migration for GP6.0 to GP10.0
Can anyone shed some light on the best practice of migratiing from GP6.0 to GP10.0? If memory serves, you can go to 7.5 --> 9 --> 10. I'm hoping you are on SQL Server 2000. You may have some report writing to do if you've modified reports like sales orders, checks, and purchase orders. -- Charles Allen, MVP "ozle" wrote: > Can anyone shed some light on the best practice of migratiing from GP6.0 to > GP10.0? Right on point Charles! Ozle, you may want to take a look at KB article 919724. If you have Project Accounting installed, take a look also at...

delivery fails. status 5.1.0
Hi there, I've created a contact in AD, and tried various email addresses for the contact. If I send an email to the distribution list he is a member of it is delivered to people on the group except him. If it helps, the other contacts on the list are actual AD users with mailboxes, not just a contact like the one I have a problem with. Hope you can help, Thanks, jc Can you post the entire NDR? Also, does this contact have an Internet email address external from your Exchange org? "John" wrote: > Hi there, > > I've created a contact in AD, and tried...

Searching in a list box
Hi guys ... Here is an interesting one for you I have a list box on the screen with circa 300 from which to choose from. All these are unique and the screen is set up with many 'fields' which change data according to the option selected in the list box. Basically these are all linked with a vlookup formula. This all works fine. Now what i would like is to have an additional "Search field" were i can input a word and a search occurs in the list box i,e, in these unique fields and excel highlights in the list box the one which contains a similar word. If the word is...

Acess DB - list of worldwide contacts
I have created an Access DB showing a list of over 150 contacts worldwide. What would be ideal, to show them to the boss, would be to plot the cities against a map and reference them with a numbered flag relating to the corresponding record. Can this be done? Please Help. Google has a mapping api that may be able to help: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "YorksTopBear" <YorksTopBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6842DCA5-3E0E-4F70...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

SOAP requests, Current User alert, Web Services, CRM 4.0
Using CRM 4.0.... I have a question you may be able to help me with *hopefully* I've tested and searched all over with no luck. I am trying to perform a SOAP request in order to display/alert the current system user. As you will notice if you use my "universal" CRM 4.0 source code, it is returning false and with no data contained in my request. Can you help? Warm regards, var data= GetInformationFromAnEntity(); if(data != null) { alert("This thing has data"); } function GetInformationFromAnEntity() { var xml = "" + "<?xml...

Drop Down List More
I have a drop down list, I want it to select the choice when the first letter is typed in. How can I do that? I just need the dropdown to ensure there are no typos in the answer. One way is to sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. ...

MSCRM 3.0 Web client displaying as Outlook Client
Installed MSCRM Outlook client Laptop edition on machine, this was then removed through Add/Remove. MSCRM Outlook Desktop edition was then installed on the machine & then also removed through Add/Remove. Now when log onto mscrm web client on that machine Settings tab on bottom left does not appear & under tool options shows synchronization option (even though both MSCRM outlook client editions were removed & Outlook is closed). Have manually removed MSCRM MSDE Database, Registry entries that still existed after successful remove through Add/Remove. Checked Outlook, COM Add...

multiple worksheets 03-06-10
Excel xp (2002) I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets for multiple users. Basically they are going to copy and paste names into column A of this spreadsheet and add a date in column B and a location in Column C. Their name will already be listed in Column D. All columns will be the same for each worksheet for each user. I would like to link all the worksheets to feed a single worksheet which will comprise a list of all that each has entered on their individual spreadsheets. This much I know how to do... The kicker comes when I want to make su...

Customer Price Matrix new Version 7.0.9
anybody using CPM's new version 7.0.9 having problem with the registration of security key. The problem we are having is whenever we use CPM it asks us registration key. the system is not storing it. please let me know if anybody else is having the same problem and how did they solve it. ...

Integrating Data into GP 10.0
Using: GP 10.0 SP 1 Integration Manager SP 1 Attempting to integrate employee fields such as employee ID, last name, first name, e-mail address, address 1, etc. to payroll master. Problem: All of the "address" information (such as e-mail, address 1, city, state, zip) will not integrate into GP 10.0, but Integration Manager has no errors. I was wondering if I was overlooking something and what could be done to fix this problem. Thank you. What's in the log? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brian Beard" wrote: > Using: > GP 10.0 SP 1 > Integration Manager SP ...

can't download sp1 or sp2
Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering. I can still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this upgrade... I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the files and they are refusing. I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks, following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling...

how to scroll to a position in a multiselect list box ?
Access 2007 I have an estimating form (continuous form subform) that occupies all of the screen. I am working on creating a fairly friendly mechanism to allow the user to pop up a multi select box and choose multiple line items to group them together. (they right mouse click in the sequence field in the large form, choose a menu item 'Group into Visits') and it takes them in to a new form with the list box showing the record they just selected as highlighted. They can then multiselect additional records. By necessity the listbox is much shorter than the main estimatin...

Notepad Records
How do I pull records from Notepad...for example, pull records from notepad where field criteria matches a selection from a form list so I can see a shot of a total amount before selecting another criteria from the listbox. -- Gator Assuming your Notepad file is arranged in columns so it can import correctly, use the TransferText method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > How do I pull records from Notepad...for example, pull records from notepad > where field criteria matches a selection from a form list so I can see a shot > of a total amount ...

Custom Smart List Not Showing up in Smart List
Hello, I created a custom smart list, linking a custom sql table to the employee master table from Payroll. I call the Smart List Employee Allociations, but it does not see in Smart List screen when I bring it up. I am linking both tables on the employee id field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott Hi Check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/Smartlist.asp Also look out in web for "Explorer Application Programming Interface" related documents. Thanks "Scott" wrote: > Hello, > > I created a ...

People are asking where is Ubuntu 10.04?
If you look in the bathroom, next to the toilet paper, you will find Ubuntu 10.04. Just make sure not to wipe with the Ubuntu CD. or just here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/ And it's so damn good "Stijn Bossuyt" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OfjQ$475KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > or just here: http://ubuntu_for_retards.org/ > > And it's so damn good I understand Ubuntu is so damn good at the spinning cube. If you want to do real work, use Windows 7. Don't waste your time with that TOY OS Ubuntu that most reje...