Smart List Payables Information

A client would like a SmartList to display the check number on a Payables
report of invoice history?  They would like a list of vendor id, vendor name,
invoice number, invoice date, posting date, invoice amount, and (here's the
gotcha) the check # that paid the invoice.

You can see this information easily in the Payables Apply window but we
haven't been able to get SmartList to pull the data into a single line
record.  I've looked at the table data and it doesn't appear that Dynamics
updates the Invoice record with the Check Number when the invoice is paid.

This may be impossible to do in regular SmartList.
If so, I'd like to know if it's possible with SLB itself and/or SLB linked
to a SQL Query that could assemble this information.

Or, and even wilder idea (since I doubt they will buy SLB) a SQL Query
linked to an Excel sheet that could set a parameter for the data that the SQL
Query returns.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
--
Mike Lupro
0

I created a list similar to what you want using SmartList Builder. Here are
the tables/links:

CM Transaction (for check number & date)

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Mike Lupro" wrote:

> A client would like a SmartList to display the check number on a Payables
> report of invoice history?  They would like a list of vendor id, vendor name,
> invoice number, invoice date, posting date, invoice amount, and (here's the
> gotcha) the check # that paid the invoice.
>
> You can see this information easily in the Payables Apply window but we
> haven't been able to get SmartList to pull the data into a single line
> record.  I've looked at the table data and it doesn't appear that Dynamics
> updates the Invoice record with the Check Number when the invoice is paid.
>
> This may be impossible to do in regular SmartList.
> If so, I'd like to know if it's possible with SLB itself and/or SLB linked
> to a SQL Query that could assemble this information.
>
> Or, and even wilder idea (since I doubt they will buy SLB) a SQL Query
> linked to an Excel sheet that could set a parameter for the data that the SQL
> Query returns.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Lupro
0
Bud (544)
4/23/2008 6:13:54 PM
Thanks for the table info and links Bud.
If they had SLB life would be better for them.
I'll try and create this in a TEST system with Fabrikam and show them it can
be done with SLB.
--
Mike Lupro

"Bud" wrote:

> I created a list similar to what you want using SmartList Builder. Here are
> the tables/links:
>
> CM Transaction (for check number & date)
>   | PM Apply To History File (vendor #, invoice #, and invoice amount)
>       | PM Vendor Master File (vendor name)
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Mike Lupro" wrote:
>
> > A client would like a SmartList to display the check number on a Payables
> > report of invoice history?  They would like a list of vendor id, vendor name,
> > invoice number, invoice date, posting date, invoice amount, and (here's the
> > gotcha) the check # that paid the invoice.
> >
> > You can see this information easily in the Payables Apply window but we
> > haven't been able to get SmartList to pull the data into a single line
> > record.  I've looked at the table data and it doesn't appear that Dynamics
> > updates the Invoice record with the Check Number when the invoice is paid.
> >
> > This may be impossible to do in regular SmartList.
> > If so, I'd like to know if it's possible with SLB itself and/or SLB linked
> > to a SQL Query that could assemble this information.
> >
> > Or, and even wilder idea (since I doubt they will buy SLB) a SQL Query
> > linked to an Excel sheet that could set a parameter for the data that the SQL
> > Query returns.
> >
> > Other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Mike Lupro
0
MikeLupro1 (38)

Smart Lists
We find it would be helpful if there were a different icon for each report based on the visibility (System, Company, User ID, User Class). I might also be helpful to see who created the report, maybe by right clicking the icon. -- Dave Stonesifer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Global Address List / Address Lists in Exchange 2003
Hi. I've recently installed Small Business Server 2003 and have been testing clients with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. What I would like to do is have an address book stored on the server with all of the company's contacts, that anyone internally can add to and edit. I know that the GAL is already populated with all of the company employees who have mailboxes (from the Active Directory) but the GAL seems like it can only be viewed in the style of clicking "To" on a new email. What we would like to do is have ALL company contacts (both internal and external) in on...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

no smart tags
i downloaded a trial version of excel 2007...I want to update my excel stock portfolio with current stock prices...BUT THERE ARE NO SMART TAGS in my spread sheet...I tried to intall the smart tag install.exe file but it does not exist...trust me.. any suggestions...(no recognizers in smart tag) ...

Outlook Distribution Lists
I can find twenty answers to my '?'-I want to find the 'best practice' answer. Info- I work on team that is consultant with a company. Each member of team has multiple email address. depending on intention of email, it may have to be mailed to one or several of the each person's email addresses. We constantly sending to wrong address, miss or sending to too many addresses for each person. I'm looking for best and why - easiest and best way for me to send to them and them to save since possibility of at least 5 distr lists of the group but differen...

Acess DB - list of worldwide contacts
I have created an Access DB showing a list of over 150 contacts worldwide. What would be ideal, to show them to the boss, would be to plot the cities against a map and reference them with a numbered flag relating to the corresponding record. Can this be done? Please Help. Google has a mapping api that may be able to help: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "YorksTopBear" <YorksTopBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6842DCA5-3E0E-4F70...

Searching in a list box
Hi guys ... Here is an interesting one for you I have a list box on the screen with circa 300 from which to choose from. All these are unique and the screen is set up with many 'fields' which change data according to the option selected in the list box. Basically these are all linked with a vlookup formula. This all works fine. Now what i would like is to have an additional "Search field" were i can input a word and a search occurs in the list box i,e, in these unique fields and excel highlights in the list box the one which contains a similar word. If the word is...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

Drop Down List More
I have a drop down list, I want it to select the choice when the first letter is typed in. How can I do that? I just need the dropdown to ensure there are no typos in the answer. One way is to sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. ...

how to scroll to a position in a multiselect list box ?
Access 2007 I have an estimating form (continuous form subform) that occupies all of the screen. I am working on creating a fairly friendly mechanism to allow the user to pop up a multi select box and choose multiple line items to group them together. (they right mouse click in the sequence field in the large form, choose a menu item 'Group into Visits') and it takes them in to a new form with the list box showing the record they just selected as highlighted. They can then multiselect additional records. By necessity the listbox is much shorter than the main estimatin...

Custom Smart List Not Showing up in Smart List
Hello, I created a custom smart list, linking a custom sql table to the employee master table from Payroll. I call the Smart List Employee Allociations, but it does not see in Smart List screen when I bring it up. I am linking both tables on the employee id field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott Hi Check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/Smartlist.asp Also look out in web for "Explorer Application Programming Interface" related documents. Thanks "Scott" wrote: > Hello, > > I created a ...

Changing Text Colors on Task List
I need to be able to change the color of specific task list entries in Outlook. Can anyone tell me how this can be accomplished? Thanks! Use the Automatic Formatting feature for this. While in the Tasks folder, click View | Current View | Customize Current View, then click the Automatic Formatting button. Set the formatting rules up as you want them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob Bowers" <rbowers@levinco.com> wrote i...

Smart PSA
Hi, Does anyone works with Smart PSA solution for Great Plains in UK? Regards, Ani ...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

Mail List
Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing list? Bernard No such feature in Outlook. You can try this workaround if you think you need to. Few do. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bernard Watkins" <techwriter@cox.net> wrote in message news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing > list? > > Bernard > In news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Bernard Watkins <te...

Excel Drop Down lists
I've created a spreadsheet with a drop down list, however, i want the user to be able to select an from a list of options, which would then poplulate the cell with an associated code If they selected "slate" from the list below, the information put into the cell would be SL, any idea or advice on how i do this? Kindest regards Marta Slate SL Begin by selecting that cell and choosing Data Validation again and go to the [Error Alert] tab and clear the checkbox that says to show an error message when an entry not in th...

Reorganize list
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right Excel group to post this question in, but I am hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction: I have a worksheet where all the rows represent tasks and the columns are named "Requirements", "Build", "Test", "Deploy". The intersection of the rows and columns have a numeric value (hours). I would like to move this data into a separate worksheet where there is a row for each task, but where the columns from the original worksheet ("Requirements", "Design", "Build&quo...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

list of users that have accessed my calender
Does anyone know how i obtain a list of users that have accessed my outlook calander? The MS Exchange administrator has allowed evryone on the local lan access to each others calender. So when i go into folder settings for Calander under permisions ebryone has access. If everyone has access, you can't tell who's actually made use of it. Is it your company's official policy that all calendars are to be shared? Dee wrote: > Does anyone know how i obtain a list of users that have > accessed my outlook calander? > > The MS Exchange administrator has allowed evryone o...

Add a Bank to your List:
I have my account with The Arizona Federal Credit Union: please add this to your list of banks. Robert This is a peer to peer group. None of us have connections with MS so your message won't get read by MS. Suggest you use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Robert Hunt" <rphunt54967@cox.net> wrote in message news:00f101c39b15$82c0ae70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have my account ...

Address Lists #7
I thought I had a very easy requirement. I have one exchange org on one AD Forest for my company. My company has 10 subsidiaries. I have my users split by domain and OU. I wanted in addition to the Global Address List, individual address lists for each subsidiary. The easiest way to do this would be to create an address list by defining 'all users in this OU'. I realise this is not possible and judging by the the number of other question online I have seen about this suggest it would be extremely useful - Any plans to add this functionality at some point???? So I kind of ac...

Smart Tags
I have been reading the section in my book on Smart Tags. Although they tell you what happens when a smart tag appears and I have gone into Autocorrect and switched the Smart Tag option all and checked all the boxes, I am not clear how you get something to be smart tagged !! I have tried typing roads, names etc and no line appears underneath. Can somebody tell me what you have to do for something to be smart tagged, would be grateful for some help please. Margaret ...

Prevent information copied in one Excel window to be pasted in another windows
Hello. Since Excel is not multicore aware, I am forced to have two different windows running Excel, ie, i start Excel in one window and start another session of Excel in another window, not in the same window by doing file\new). But since I am running macros in each, and because my macro copy and paste information, sometime the windows interfere ith each other which prevent one of the macro from running. Is there a way to make Excel not able to paste in another window? Thanks for the tip. ...