Smart List Help

I am trying to create a Smartlist for receivables aging and I having some
difficulty.
I want to be able to see all customers with an outstanding balance and the
associate the outstanding unpaid documents to the customer. I can get the
aging information but I am unable to get the documents that responsible for
the balance.
I can get the information from I need that is displayed but I can’t get the
information from “receivables transaction inquiry” window I am looking for. I
want to be able to show any document with a dollar amount in the remaining
amount field and only show the documents that will equal the current balance
amount.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Fliehigh

0
Fliehigh (443)

Fliehigh:

You need SmartList Builder so you can create the table relationships
and queries you need to generate the aging.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics

0
fhamelly (399)
11/6/2007 6:34:30 PM

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> Fliehigh:
>
> You need SmartList Builder so you can create the table relationships
> and queries you need to generate the aging.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics

I have smartlist builder.

The probelm I am having is that when I create the link to RM_OPEN table I
get all opened documents for the customer not just the ones for the customers
balance.

Fliehigh
0
Fliehigh (443)
11/6/2007 6:43:02 PM
We typically find it a lot easier to create a SQL view with the data first,
then create the SmartList from that.  Just my 2 cents.

I believe what you're looking for is to only return the transactions in the
RM_OPEN (RM20101) table that have a Current Transaction Amount (CURTRXAM) >
0.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Fliehigh" <Fliehigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:
>
>> Fliehigh:
>>
>> You need SmartList Builder so you can create the table relationships
>> and queries you need to generate the aging.
>>
>> Frank Hamelly
>> MCP-GP, MCT
>> East Coast Dynamics
>>

> I have smartlist builder.
>
> The probelm I am having is that when I create the link to RM_OPEN table I
> get all opened documents for the customer not just the ones for the
> customers
> balance.
>
> Fliehigh

0
victoria (3340)
11/12/2007 9:41:43 PM
I'll second your 2 cents Victoria - great advice. It is MUCH easier to
create a view and use it than create directly in SmartList.  You can
also see the results of the view prior to using it in the SmartList so
you can tweak it.

Frank

0
fhamelly (399)
11/13/2007 2:09:57 AM
Another benefit of using a view is that you can bypass Smartlist
completely and link Excel directly to the view using MSQuery. These
links are read-only so there is no risk of damaging data.

--
Lyle U

Victoria [MVP] wrote:

> We typically find it a lot easier to create a SQL view with the data
> first, then create the SmartList from that.  Just my 2 cents.
>
> I believe what you're looking for is to only return the transactions
> in the RM_OPEN (RM20101) table that have a Current Transaction Amount
> (CURTRXAM) > 0.
>
> Hope that helps.
0
lyleu (305)

help carol
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: Matt's Stock Market Project', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F also i tried to switch to windows live and i am totally confused. (which doesnt take much) Hi, Carol. First, that error message ("unexpectedly terminated") is not uncommon; my ISP gives me that fairly often. The cau...

Smart Lists
We find it would be helpful if there were a different icon for each report based on the visibility (System, Company, User ID, User Class). I might also be helpful to see who created the report, maybe by right clicking the icon. -- Dave Stonesifer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Global Address List / Address Lists in Exchange 2003
Hi. I've recently installed Small Business Server 2003 and have been testing clients with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. What I would like to do is have an address book stored on the server with all of the company's contacts, that anyone internally can add to and edit. I know that the GAL is already populated with all of the company employees who have mailboxes (from the Active Directory) but the GAL seems like it can only be viewed in the style of clicking "To" on a new email. What we would like to do is have ALL company contacts (both internal and external) in on...

Outlook Distribution Lists
I can find twenty answers to my '?'-I want to find the 'best practice' answer. Info- I work on team that is consultant with a company. Each member of team has multiple email address. depending on intention of email, it may have to be mailed to one or several of the each person's email addresses. We constantly sending to wrong address, miss or sending to too many addresses for each person. I'm looking for best and why - easiest and best way for me to send to them and them to save since possibility of at least 5 distr lists of the group but differen...

no smart tags
i downloaded a trial version of excel 2007...I want to update my excel stock portfolio with current stock prices...BUT THERE ARE NO SMART TAGS in my spread sheet...I tried to intall the smart tag install.exe file but it does not exist...trust me.. any suggestions...(no recognizers in smart tag) ...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

XY Scatter Plot Chart
How can I name the data points in xy scatter plot chart? eg: Column A: Name, Column B: Data A, Column C: Data B X-axis: Data A; Y-axis: Data B; Data points: label with Name How can I label the Name? HELP HELP HELP!!! Hi, You could use this free addin which will allow you to link data label test with a cell. Rob Bovey's xy chart labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Kanky wrote: > How can I name the data points in xy scatter plot chart? > eg: Column A: Name, Column B: Data A, Column C: Data B > X-axis: Data A; Y-axis: Data B; Data points: labe...

Searching in a list box
Hi guys ... Here is an interesting one for you I have a list box on the screen with circa 300 from which to choose from. All these are unique and the screen is set up with many 'fields' which change data according to the option selected in the list box. Basically these are all linked with a vlookup formula. This all works fine. Now what i would like is to have an additional "Search field" were i can input a word and a search occurs in the list box i,e, in these unique fields and excel highlights in the list box the one which contains a similar word. If the word is...

Acess DB - list of worldwide contacts
I have created an Access DB showing a list of over 150 contacts worldwide. What would be ideal, to show them to the boss, would be to plot the cities against a map and reference them with a numbered flag relating to the corresponding record. Can this be done? Please Help. Google has a mapping api that may be able to help: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "YorksTopBear" <YorksTopBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6842DCA5-3E0E-4F70...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

Help- Cursor Jump in Outlook Express
Hi Everyone, About 2 months ago I began having problems with Outlook Express. When I went to switch Identities, the cursor would immediately jump down to the last identity on the list. If I use my mouse or keyboard arrows to reposition it to the top of the list, it immdeiately jumps back down to the bottom again and will continue this cycle for 2-3 more times until it finally will rest where I postion it. I am having the same problem with my spell checking in Outlook Express. When the suggested spelling list appears, my cursor immediately jumps to the last word on the list until I resposit...

Drop Down List More
I have a drop down list, I want it to select the choice when the first letter is typed in. How can I do that? I just need the dropdown to ensure there are no typos in the answer. One way is to sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. ...

how to scroll to a position in a multiselect list box ?
Access 2007 I have an estimating form (continuous form subform) that occupies all of the screen. I am working on creating a fairly friendly mechanism to allow the user to pop up a multi select box and choose multiple line items to group them together. (they right mouse click in the sequence field in the large form, choose a menu item 'Group into Visits') and it takes them in to a new form with the list box showing the record they just selected as highlighted. They can then multiselect additional records. By necessity the listbox is much shorter than the main estimatin...

Custom Smart List Not Showing up in Smart List
Hello, I created a custom smart list, linking a custom sql table to the employee master table from Payroll. I call the Smart List Employee Allociations, but it does not see in Smart List screen when I bring it up. I am linking both tables on the employee id field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott Hi Check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/Smartlist.asp Also look out in web for "Explorer Application Programming Interface" related documents. Thanks "Scott" wrote: > Hello, > > I created a ...

Formula help #56
Hi Folks, Thanks for being here. I'm just learning Excel 2007 and hope someone here can give me a formula that will solve my problem.. A1 = $12445.54 (Input value) B1 = $4978.22 (result of simple formula =sum(C1*D1)) Problem: Do not want B1 to calculate beyond the value in A1 regardless of values in C1 or D1. Can anyone steer me in the right direction ? TIA MamaBee In article <4c8e58d5$0$11813$9a566e8b@news.aliant.net>, MamaBee@ns.sympatico.ca says... > > Hi Folks, > Thanks for being here. > I'm just learning Excel 2007 and hope someone here can give me ...

Changing Text Colors on Task List
I need to be able to change the color of specific task list entries in Outlook. Can anyone tell me how this can be accomplished? Thanks! Use the Automatic Formatting feature for this. While in the Tasks folder, click View | Current View | Customize Current View, then click the Automatic Formatting button. Set the formatting rules up as you want them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob Bowers" <rbowers@levinco.com> wrote i...

Smart PSA
Hi, Does anyone works with Smart PSA solution for Great Plains in UK? Regards, Ani ...

General Help
Hey, with the world cup draw just gone, i was trying to make a sprea sheet, one page tables, 2nd page results, and all u do is fill in th reults, and then it fills in the table automatic, i managed to do th formula's for, GF (simple, 3 cells added) GA (3 cells added again) an GD (= GF - GA) but i don't know how to do, Games Won, Games Drawn, Games Lost, Points, and for Games played i did, a 1, or 0 next to each fixture, (so i jus add a 1 when the game has been played - add all that team's together get games played) [is there another way for that one??] any help? -- M4dSk1ll --...

Mail List
Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing list? Bernard No such feature in Outlook. You can try this workaround if you think you need to. Few do. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bernard Watkins" <techwriter@cox.net> wrote in message news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing > list? > > Bernard > In news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Bernard Watkins <te...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

Excel Drop Down lists
I've created a spreadsheet with a drop down list, however, i want the user to be able to select an from a list of options, which would then poplulate the cell with an associated code If they selected "slate" from the list below, the information put into the cell would be SL, any idea or advice on how i do this? Kindest regards Marta Slate SL Begin by selecting that cell and choosing Data Validation again and go to the [Error Alert] tab and clear the checkbox that says to show an error message when an entry not in th...

Reorganize list
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right Excel group to post this question in, but I am hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction: I have a worksheet where all the rows represent tasks and the columns are named "Requirements", "Build", "Test", "Deploy". The intersection of the rows and columns have a numeric value (hours). I would like to move this data into a separate worksheet where there is a row for each task, but where the columns from the original worksheet ("Requirements", "Design", "Build&quo...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...