Smart List export to Excel #2

Hi,
We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003.  When we try to do a Smart List
export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that
references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object
errors will change each time we try an export.  As a workaround, I've found
that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete
successfully.  However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users
would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export
is processing.   Does anyone know a solution to this problem that would allow
the Dynamics users to keep Excel open while the export is running?
0
mwc (14)

That error seems to occur for us under two circumstances:

1. Someone is trying to download a large number of records but they have a
limited amount of memory on their PC, or

2. The person has been running several downloads without either logging out
of GP or rebooting their computer. I'm guessing there's a memory leak or
something that causes the crash to occur after a while...rebooting always
fixes it for us.

Hope that helps.

"MWC" wrote:

> Hi,
> We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003.  When we try to do a Smart List
> export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that
> references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object
> errors will change each time we try an export.  As a workaround, I've found
> that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete
> successfully.  However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users
> would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export
> is processing.   Does anyone know a solution to this problem that would allow
> the Dynamics users to keep Excel open while the export is running?
0
Bud (544)
2/14/2007 7:37:05 PM
The best solution is to get Data Presentation's EZ-GP add-on. (http://
www.datapresentation.com/products/EZ-GP.html) It will eliminate that
error, is 100 times faster and allows large exports. SmartList is only
designed for 1000 records or less. Unfortunately it used to be free,
but now they charge $29.95. Still it is worth the money!

Bill

Saving Excel File to a Network Drive
I am having an issue with saving Excel files, directly to a network share, from within Excel. I receive the following error message below: ############################################## The File could not be accessed. Try one of the following: Make sure the specified folder exists. Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only Make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: < > ? [ ] : | or * Make sure the file/path name doesn’t contain more than 218 characters ############################################## The root folder name...

Service Pack 2 and IMF
I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of people are having problems with the IMF. My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0 version. What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2? Do I have to remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2? Or with the version I have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is the case because I would like to keep my current settings. "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:BA780FB7-E836-4C19-9F9E-EFE46CE63283@microsoft.com... > I have been looking through the ne...

Smart Lists
We find it would be helpful if there were a different icon for each report based on the visibility (System, Company, User ID, User Class). I might also be helpful to see who created the report, maybe by right clicking the icon. -- Dave Stonesifer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Re: Exporting meeting responses #2
See http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm or http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. Obtain information for Meting Request items from any Outlook Appointment folder. You can print directly the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, or None. You can save/export report as RTF, PDF, Word, ...

What are the features of 1.2?
We have recently begun using MSCRM and are very unhappy. What are the updates that will be in 1.2? 1. Is synch speed addressed? 2. Can you customize activities? 3. Any improvements to usability for sales people? Thanks! 1) From what I've heard, the synch speed has increased quite a bit. 2) No. This is to be in the v2.0 release in Q404 3) In what way? They didn't change that much in terms of "features" for this release. "Chuck Latham" <chuck_latham_1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%239vahtVrDHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... We have recently begun us...

Excel 2007 & Custom Number Format Limitations?
I'm used to getting those error messages in Excel about too many custom number formats and I was wondering if this is still the case with Excel 2007 as I'm planning to migrate soon. Thanks. Funny you should ask that as I just read the message from Venkat timestamped 2 hours later than yours. The limit to unique cell formats was increased a lot in Excel 2007 and, absent his message, I'd have said case closed. But VerKat said he had a workbook with that problem in Excel 2003 that when opened in Excel 2007 lost all its cell formats. Go figure. I have both versions and I...

Global Address List / Address Lists in Exchange 2003
Hi. I've recently installed Small Business Server 2003 and have been testing clients with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. What I would like to do is have an address book stored on the server with all of the company's contacts, that anyone internally can add to and edit. I know that the GAL is already populated with all of the company employees who have mailboxes (from the Active Directory) but the GAL seems like it can only be viewed in the style of clicking "To" on a new email. What we would like to do is have ALL company contacts (both internal and external) in on...

Outlook Distribution Lists
I can find twenty answers to my '?'-I want to find the 'best practice' answer. Info- I work on team that is consultant with a company. Each member of team has multiple email address. depending on intention of email, it may have to be mailed to one or several of the each person's email addresses. We constantly sending to wrong address, miss or sending to too many addresses for each person. I'm looking for best and why - easiest and best way for me to send to them and them to save since possibility of at least 5 distr lists of the group but differen...

Excel for Macintosh: using US Census data
I have Excel for my Mac (10.3). I would like to use it to analyze US Census data, but I find that the availabe data sets from the Cenus Bureau say that they require Windows. Any advice ? Hi not sure about this kind of data but if you receive a data file this should also work for a Mac -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "pral" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96C6DF9D-287D-4C6E-A7B8-CB359618B689@microsoft.com... > I have Excel for my Mac (10.3). I would like to use it to analyze US Census data, but I find that the availabe data se...

no smart tags
i downloaded a trial version of excel 2007...I want to update my excel stock portfolio with current stock prices...BUT THERE ARE NO SMART TAGS in my spread sheet...I tried to intall the smart tag install.exe file but it does not exist...trust me.. any suggestions...(no recognizers in smart tag) ...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

Searching in a list box
Hi guys ... Here is an interesting one for you I have a list box on the screen with circa 300 from which to choose from. All these are unique and the screen is set up with many 'fields' which change data according to the option selected in the list box. Basically these are all linked with a vlookup formula. This all works fine. Now what i would like is to have an additional "Search field" were i can input a word and a search occurs in the list box i,e, in these unique fields and excel highlights in the list box the one which contains a similar word. If the word is...

Acess DB - list of worldwide contacts
I have created an Access DB showing a list of over 150 contacts worldwide. What would be ideal, to show them to the boss, would be to plot the cities against a map and reference them with a numbered flag relating to the corresponding record. Can this be done? Please Help. Google has a mapping api that may be able to help: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "YorksTopBear" <YorksTopBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6842DCA5-3E0E-4F70...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure #2
The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=UCP Queens;l=UCPQ1-031104184842Z-2282 MSEXCH:IMS:UCP Queens:UCPQUEENS:UCPQ1 0x80004005 (000502FE) Conversion to Internet format failed ...

Disappearing emails #2
I'm running Windows XP with SP1 and IE 6 with SP1 and using Outlook Express 6. When I download my emails to my inbox they disappear if I click on a different box and then click back onto my inbox. I've gone into options and unchecked the "Do not allow Attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." I've checked for updates and I should be OK. What do you think might be the problem Thanks for your Help! ...

Error Opening Exported Excel Pivot Table
We are having problems with Excel Pivot Tables in Dynamics CRM 4.0. In Activities if we choose the view "All Activites" and Export to Excel it opens fine. In Activities if we use any of our Custom Views and Export to Excel, we get an error. In Activities, if I do an Advanced Find with the same criteria as our Custom Views and Export to Excel, it opens fine. The error we get is titled "Problems During Load". It states: Problems came up in the following areas during load: Pivot Table This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in c:\document and ...

Question concerning VBA and Excel
Is there a way to "disable" a portion of code (the code is not called from a control or event, but from another section of code) prgramaticly (sp?)? For example, suppose I have some code that forces a save when I close the spreadsheet, saving a copy to a backup location and to the origianl location. Is there a way to "turn off the code" in the copy saved to the backup location USING CODE only? Any help is appreciated. Michael _______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 -...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

Excel columns greyed out
Please help. I received a spreadsheet from someone and they have information i which they somehow greyed out to the left. Now it is not just greye out becuase you cannot click on the cells or move the cursor into th grey area at all. You cannot even scoll past the spreadsheet the setup. They somehow prevented scrolling to the left or right. Th entire sheet is just the size of the data area. My question is. How did they do this. The sheet is not protected as unprotected it so it can't be that function. Please help. Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi may...

Drop Down List More
I have a drop down list, I want it to select the choice when the first letter is typed in. How can I do that? I just need the dropdown to ensure there are no typos in the answer. One way is to sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. ...

how to create event boxes in excel
teel me how to creat timeline boxes in excel <Format><Cells><Border> select style (of line) <Outline><OK> It is best to select two (or an even number of) horizontal cells to permit vertical line to join the boxes. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "bracer" <bracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AD24258-51DB-4EDF-82E3-A41CE1219FE3@microsoft.com... > teel me how to creat timeline boxes in excel ...

how to scroll to a position in a multiselect list box ?
Access 2007 I have an estimating form (continuous form subform) that occupies all of the screen. I am working on creating a fairly friendly mechanism to allow the user to pop up a multi select box and choose multiple line items to group them together. (they right mouse click in the sequence field in the large form, choose a menu item 'Group into Visits') and it takes them in to a new form with the list box showing the record they just selected as highlighted. They can then multiselect additional records. By necessity the listbox is much shorter than the main estimatin...

Nested If Functions #2
I am having trouble using a nested IF function to determine my UC wage that I show in the table below. 1st & 2nd quarters 3rd quarter excess $0 $6600 $6600 $4000 $9900 $4500 $17000 $8000 n tax due I would like to write the function as follows: If the 1st and 2nd quarters are less than $8500 then the UC tax is du on the excess of first and second quarters up to $8500 (say $4000 wer the wages in the...

Excel version 2002
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C7D868.40B0B770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to = pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into = Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an = AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, = saves the data, the...