Smart List Builder - RM Open and RM History

I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM
Open and RM History - how to you link that?

Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply
Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply
History.

When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply
Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get
nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one.

The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the
cash receipts entry window - and since cash transactions can be in open or
history - i need both tables
0
AndreaSmiley (210)

Andrea,

If I understand you correctly, you need to set up 'Matched Tables' to
combine the RM Open with the RM History and the RM Apply Open with the RM
Apply History.

To do so, in SLB click on one of the tables you have defined, then click on
the Edit icon to edit the table. On the next window that opens, click on the
'Matched Tables' button. Then, add the appropriate table (RM History, if
you're editing the RM Open table, or the RM Apply History if you're editing
the RM Apply Open).

For more detailed info, look up "Matched Tables" in the SmartList Builder
User's Guide.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM
> Open and RM History - how to you link that?
>
> Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply
> Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply
> History.
>
> When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply
> Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get
> nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one.
>
> The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the
> cash receipts entry window - and since cash transactions can be in open or
> history - i need both tables
0
Bud (544)
1/14/2008 10:38:01 PM
Thanks Bud - some questions on this - do i need to link the RM History or
just do a matched table to the RM Open

Also, any tips on adding the Cash Receipt Inquiry Zoom as a go to - i get a
blank window when i try to "go to" on my results. What could i be missing?

"Bud" wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> If I understand you correctly, you need to set up 'Matched Tables' to
> combine the RM Open with the RM History and the RM Apply Open with the RM
> Apply History.
>
> To do so, in SLB click on one of the tables you have defined, then click on
> the Edit icon to edit the table. On the next window that opens, click on the
> 'Matched Tables' button. Then, add the appropriate table (RM History, if
> you're editing the RM Open table, or the RM Apply History if you're editing
> the RM Apply Open).
>
> For more detailed info, look up "Matched Tables" in the SmartList Builder
> User's Guide.
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>
> > I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM
> > Open and RM History - how to you link that?
> >
> > Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply
> > Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply
> > History.
> >
> > When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply
> > Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get
> > nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one.
> >
> > The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the
> > cash receipts entry window - and since cash transactions can be in open or
> > history - i need both tables
0
AndreaSmiley (210)
1/15/2008 6:47:03 PM
When you create a set of matched tables the system combines the data from
both into one "virtual" table using a SQL UNION command. You only need to
link one of the set of matched tables, so if you've already linked the RM
Open you won't need to link the RM History.

Regarding the Zoom, maybe someone else can help with that. I never seem to
be able to get them to work when I try to set them up. :-)

Bud

--

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> Thanks Bud - some questions on this - do i need to link the RM History or
> just do a matched table to the RM Open
>
> Also, any tips on adding the Cash Receipt Inquiry Zoom as a go to - i get a
> blank window when i try to "go to" on my results. What could i be missing?
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > Andrea,
> >
> > If I understand you correctly, you need to set up 'Matched Tables' to
> > combine the RM Open with the RM History and the RM Apply Open with the RM
> > Apply History.
> >
> > To do so, in SLB click on one of the tables you have defined, then click on
> > the Edit icon to edit the table. On the next window that opens, click on the
> > 'Matched Tables' button. Then, add the appropriate table (RM History, if
> > you're editing the RM Open table, or the RM Apply History if you're editing
> > the RM Apply Open).
> >
> > For more detailed info, look up "Matched Tables" in the SmartList Builder
> > User's Guide.
> >
> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
> >

> > "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
> >
> > > I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM
> > > Open and RM History - how to you link that?
> > >
> > > Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply
> > > Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply
> > > History.
> > >
> > > When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply
> > > Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get
> > > nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one.
> > >
> > > The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the
> > > cash receipts entry window - and since cash transactions can be in open or
> > > history - i need both tables
0
Bud (544)
1/15/2008 7:13:02 PM
This should be fairly easy to do - the trick is just knowing how GP does it.

To get this you just:

1. Enable the Script logging capability in GP to log the GP scripts being
run.
2. Find the spot in GP where the desired capability is displayed and perform
the action
3. Look at the code and do that.

The caveat to this is the you have to know something about Dexterity in
which case makes this a lot easier.  And also know that everything isn't
quite so easy as you don't always see a nice procedure that you can just
call for some feature.  And lastly, know that since you are calling GP code
that you do have the ability to harm stuff if you don't do it right.
Although since this is an inquiry zoom window we're ok because they are all
read-only.

But for a heads up on all of this, the script you can call is:
RM_Zoom_To_Entry_Form

There are a fair amount of paramaters that you need to pass to it.
1. Document Number
2. RM Document Type-All
3. Document Status (1=work,2=open,3=history)
4. TRX Source (audit trail)
5. Transaction Description (didn't look at but don't know why that would be
required but it's listed)
6. Currency View (1 = functional, 2 = originating, 3 = reporting)
7. Caller ID - I'd just pass in 22000.  It's what i typically use in my Dex
coding

Note that your goal is cash receipts specifically but this is the "gateway"
zoom code for all of RM stuff and so will work for anything that is a RM
document for anyone else out there needing to do a GoTo from smartlist
builder.

1,2,4,5 you should get from your table.
3 you'll have to do yourself as the status would come from what table is
being queried.  You'll probably have to make a calc field or something for
this in SLB.
6,7 those can just be hard coded.

I don't do much with SLB and don't even have it loaded, but from what I
recall you have to set it to call a procedure and then type the name I gave
you in.  Then for the params, you'd pass in the 7 I mention above.

patrick
developer support

"Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bud - some questions on this - do i need to link the RM History or
> just do a matched table to the RM Open
>
> Also, any tips on adding the Cash Receipt Inquiry Zoom as a go to - i get
> blank window when i try to "go to" on my results. What could i be missing?
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
>> Andrea,
>>
>> If I understand you correctly, you need to set up 'Matched Tables' to
>> combine the RM Open with the RM History and the RM Apply Open with the RM
>> Apply History.
>>
>> To do so, in SLB click on one of the tables you have defined, then click
>> on
>> the Edit icon to edit the table. On the next window that opens, click on
>> the
>> 'Matched Tables' button. Then, add the appropriate table (RM History, if
>> you're editing the RM Open table, or the RM Apply History if you're
>> editing
>> the RM Apply Open).
>>
>> For more detailed info, look up "Matched Tables" in the SmartList Builder
>> User's Guide.
>>
>> --
>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>> GP 9.0, SP2
>>

>> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>>
>> > I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to
>> > the RM
>> > Open and RM History - how to you link that?
>> >
>> > Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM
>> > Apply
>> > Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply
>> > History.
>> >
>> > When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM
>> > Apply
>> > Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then
>> > i get
>> > nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one.
>> >
>> > The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to
>> > the
>> > cash receipts entry window - and since cash transactions can be in open
>> > or
>> > history - i need both tables

0
prot1 (1345)

Smart Lists
We find it would be helpful if there were a different icon for each report based on the visibility (System, Company, User ID, User Class). I might also be helpful to see who created the report, maybe by right clicking the icon. -- Dave Stonesifer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Global Address List / Address Lists in Exchange 2003
Hi. I've recently installed Small Business Server 2003 and have been testing clients with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. What I would like to do is have an address book stored on the server with all of the company's contacts, that anyone internally can add to and edit. I know that the GAL is already populated with all of the company employees who have mailboxes (from the Active Directory) but the GAL seems like it can only be viewed in the style of clicking "To" on a new email. What we would like to do is have ALL company contacts (both internal and external) in on...

shortcut to open workbook as read only? Excel 2000
I have a workbook that contains data that will be used for mail merge. Users will be filtering the data before the merge, so I want them to use a copy of the workbook so the original data is safe. I know users can select Open As Copy from the drop down next to the Open button, but it's not obvious to a casual user, so I'd like to create a shortcut in windows explorer for them that they can double click to open the workbook as a copy. Does anyone know if that's possible? Thanks :) Maybe you could just mark the workbook readonly (using windows explorer). Or even give it a p...

opening outlook #3
Hi all. I can get my Outlook half open, then it freezes. It says Outlook wasn't closed properly last time. Can anyone help with a fix? The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. Thanks in advance. Hi, as the error message is about personal folder you can try to repair this file with the tool ScanPst.exe you can find in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\scanpst.exe In this way you if your PST is corrupted you can repair it , to be sure the issue is not releated to a file corruption. "Ron Head" <ronhead@iinet.net.au> wrote i...

Docs opening in new window
Hey all, Is there a way to make publisher documents open using MDI instead of SDI so they all open in a single publisher instance instead of opening new windows, etc... The tools...options menu is devoid of any real customization options and I'm wondering if this is possible, it's quite annoying to go from pub2k to pub2k3 and have every document open into a new window, or every time you open a document and go to close it you close the whole app. instead. This is Publisher 2003 by the way, it used to work in Publisher 2000... Tom While in a state of withdrawal waiting for compo...

Recovering/Re-opening Accounts
I had one account that was in perpetual "Update Unsuccessful" mode for a few days. Another was creating a duplicate every time I updated. I tried to correct the problem by disabling auotmatic updates under Tools "Access Your Money Data on the Web" and clicking on some kind of manual option. From there, it's a haze what happened. Right now I'm stuck with no update capabilities, and I'm not sure (1) what happened; (2) what I can do to get on-line updates back; and (3) whether all my past records will be messed up. ...

Outlook Distribution Lists
I can find twenty answers to my '?'-I want to find the 'best practice' answer. Info- I work on team that is consultant with a company. Each member of team has multiple email address. depending on intention of email, it may have to be mailed to one or several of the each person's email addresses. We constantly sending to wrong address, miss or sending to too many addresses for each person. I'm looking for best and why - easiest and best way for me to send to them and them to save since possibility of at least 5 distr lists of the group but differen...

no smart tags
i downloaded a trial version of excel 2007...I want to update my excel stock portfolio with current stock prices...BUT THERE ARE NO SMART TAGS in my spread sheet...I tried to intall the smart tag install.exe file but it does not exist...trust me.. any suggestions...(no recognizers in smart tag) ...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

Searching in a list box
Hi guys ... Here is an interesting one for you I have a list box on the screen with circa 300 from which to choose from. All these are unique and the screen is set up with many 'fields' which change data according to the option selected in the list box. Basically these are all linked with a vlookup formula. This all works fine. Now what i would like is to have an additional "Search field" were i can input a word and a search occurs in the list box i,e, in these unique fields and excel highlights in the list box the one which contains a similar word. If the word is...

Acess DB - list of worldwide contacts
I have created an Access DB showing a list of over 150 contacts worldwide. What would be ideal, to show them to the boss, would be to plot the cities against a map and reference them with a numbered flag relating to the corresponding record. Can this be done? Please Help. Google has a mapping api that may be able to help: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "YorksTopBear" <YorksTopBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6842DCA5-3E0E-4F70...

Error Opening Exported Excel Pivot Table
We are having problems with Excel Pivot Tables in Dynamics CRM 4.0. In Activities if we choose the view "All Activites" and Export to Excel it opens fine. In Activities if we use any of our Custom Views and Export to Excel, we get an error. In Activities, if I do an Advanced Find with the same criteria as our Custom Views and Export to Excel, it opens fine. The error we get is titled "Problems During Load". It states: Problems came up in the following areas during load: Pivot Table This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in c:\document and ...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

Drop Down List More
I have a drop down list, I want it to select the choice when the first letter is typed in. How can I do that? I just need the dropdown to ensure there are no typos in the answer. One way is to sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. ...

how to scroll to a position in a multiselect list box ?
Access 2007 I have an estimating form (continuous form subform) that occupies all of the screen. I am working on creating a fairly friendly mechanism to allow the user to pop up a multi select box and choose multiple line items to group them together. (they right mouse click in the sequence field in the large form, choose a menu item 'Group into Visits') and it takes them in to a new form with the list box showing the record they just selected as highlighted. They can then multiselect additional records. By necessity the listbox is much shorter than the main estimatin...

Custom Smart List Not Showing up in Smart List
Hello, I created a custom smart list, linking a custom sql table to the employee master table from Payroll. I call the Smart List Employee Allociations, but it does not see in Smart List screen when I bring it up. I am linking both tables on the employee id field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott Hi Check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/Smartlist.asp Also look out in web for "Explorer Application Programming Interface" related documents. Thanks "Scott" wrote: > Hello, > > I created a ...

Changing Text Colors on Task List
I need to be able to change the color of specific task list entries in Outlook. Can anyone tell me how this can be accomplished? Thanks! Use the Automatic Formatting feature for this. While in the Tasks folder, click View | Current View | Customize Current View, then click the Automatic Formatting button. Set the formatting rules up as you want them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob Bowers" <rbowers@levinco.com> wrote i...

Smart PSA
Hi, Does anyone works with Smart PSA solution for Great Plains in UK? Regards, Ani ...

Mail List
Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing list? Bernard No such feature in Outlook. You can try this workaround if you think you need to. Few do. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bernard Watkins" <techwriter@cox.net> wrote in message news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Am using Outlook 2000. How do I do an "Undisclosed Recipient" mailing > list? > > Bernard > In news:uRirB9SHFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Bernard Watkins <te...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

Unexpected files being opened
I'm using Office2003. Every time I click "Microsoft Excel", there will be two unexpected files opened. I broke links for some Excel files before because they kept asking for update every time I open them, and then this happened. Can anybody help me out with this? Thank you very much. Hi ED, You can try this ;- either reinstate the shortcut from the desktop or find a file and associate it to Excel by pressing shift and then open with - select Excel and then check the box that says always use this program! HTH John "Enhao Du" <duleisi@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Excel Drop Down lists
I've created a spreadsheet with a drop down list, however, i want the user to be able to select an from a list of options, which would then poplulate the cell with an associated code If they selected "slate" from the list below, the information put into the cell would be SL, any idea or advice on how i do this? Kindest regards Marta Slate SL Begin by selecting that cell and choosing Data Validation again and go to the [Error Alert] tab and clear the checkbox that says to show an error message when an entry not in th...

Reorganize list
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right Excel group to post this question in, but I am hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction: I have a worksheet where all the rows represent tasks and the columns are named "Requirements", "Build", "Test", "Deploy". The intersection of the rows and columns have a numeric value (hours). I would like to move this data into a separate worksheet where there is a row for each task, but where the columns from the original worksheet ("Requirements", "Design", "Build&quo...

Problem to open office attach files
Could u please help ?? When I try to open an attach file even if is in my local PST file or in my Exchange maibox it took so much time to open it espetially Excel files. Any advises are well comes thanks in advance NB : I'm using Office XP SP3 and OS : W2000 SP4 More info might help - how long? Where's your PST file stored? Any network connectivity problems to the Exchange server? Is the server overloaded? Anthony wrote: > Could u please help ?? > When I try to open an attach file even if is in my local > PST file or in my Exchange maibox it took so much time to > ope...