Site Name and Keys for GP

We just deployed GP9 in our company. Everything is installed successfully.
However, upon start-up, there is a pop-up box saying that the software will
be expired in 90 days (while what we have is not trial products).

When I tried to register, I am getting an error registration key.

1. What is a site name?
Is this our company? Is it case sensitive? Should I type MYCOMPANY, Inc.
MYCOMPANY, Inc or MYCOMPANY Inc  ?

2. In the products, there are several keys. I don't know which one to use.
What's printed are:

Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each)
Manufacturing Test Keys (5 keys; 7 characters/each)
Integration Manager Registration Keys (1 key; 23 characters)

I tried to register from Tools > System > Registration, a box pop up asking
for Site Name and 5-keys. Which key do I use and what is the Site Name?
0
Myres88 (3)

You would use these:

Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each)

You can have up to 5 keys (as the window notes) however most times you'll
only have 2 or 3 keys.  You apparently have 2.

As for the site name, it would be listed likely right above those same keys
as the keys themselves are worthless w/o the site name.  And it is case
sensitive so however you see it listed on that paper/email you need to enter
in just like that.

patrick
developer suspport

"Myres88" <Myres88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just deployed GP9 in our company. Everything is installed successfully.
> However, upon start-up, there is a pop-up box saying that the software
> will
> be expired in 90 days (while what we have is not trial products).
>
> When I tried to register, I am getting an error registration key.
>
> 1. What is a site name?
> Is this our company? Is it case sensitive? Should I type MYCOMPANY, Inc.
> MYCOMPANY, Inc or MYCOMPANY Inc  ?
>
> 2. In the products, there are several keys. I don't know which one to use.
> What's printed are:
>
> Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each)
> Manufacturing Test Keys (5 keys; 7 characters/each)
> Integration Manager Registration Keys (1 key; 23 characters)
>
> I tried to register from Tools > System > Registration, a box pop up
> asking
> for Site Name and 5-keys. Which key do I use and what is the Site Name?

0
prot1 (1345)
10/4/2007 4:49:06 AM
When you purchased GP, you should have been given you registration keys,
which include exactly how your site name should appear (I think it is called
'Registered Company Name' and is typically on the first line).  You can also
go to CustomerSource online and get this information.  If you cannot access
CustomerSource or are having other problems with this, your GP partner
should be able to help you with that.

However the company name appears on your registration keys is EXACTLY how
you need to enter it on the registration screen - all the capitalization and
punctuation must be the same.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Myres88" <Myres88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just deployed GP9 in our company. Everything is installed successfully.
> However, upon start-up, there is a pop-up box saying that the software
> will
> be expired in 90 days (while what we have is not trial products).
>
> When I tried to register, I am getting an error registration key.
>
> 1. What is a site name?
> Is this our company? Is it case sensitive? Should I type MYCOMPANY, Inc.
> MYCOMPANY, Inc or MYCOMPANY Inc  ?
>
> 2. In the products, there are several keys. I don't know which one to use.
> What's printed are:
>
> Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each)
> Manufacturing Test Keys (5 keys; 7 characters/each)
> Integration Manager Registration Keys (1 key; 23 characters)
>
> I tried to register from Tools > System > Registration, a box pop up
> asking
> for Site Name and 5-keys. Which key do I use and what is the Site Name?

0
victoria (3340)
10/4/2007 12:01:10 PM
Just to expand on Victoria's response, our company's registered name
ends in LLC. (with the period). If we leave out the period, the keys
don't work. Also make sure that there aren't any spaces at the
beginning or end if you copy and paste the info from CustomerSource.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
http://www.dynamicaccounting.net

On Oct 4, 8:01 am, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
wrote:
> When you purchased GP, you should have been given you registration keys,
> which include exactly how your site name should appear (I think it is called
> 'Registered Company Name' and is typically on the first line).  You can also
> go to CustomerSource online and get this information.  If you cannot access
> CustomerSource or are having other problems with this, your GP partner
> should be able to help you with that.
>
> However the company name appears on your registration keys is EXACTLY how
> you need to enter it on the registration screen - all the capitalization and
> punctuation must be the same.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>
> "Myres88" <Myre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:41740D1C-65F3-4259-885D-1C4BE4DAC994@microsoft.com...> We just deployed GP9 in our company. Everything is installed successfully.
> > However, upon start-up, there is a pop-up box saying that the software
> > will
> > be expired in 90 days (while what we have is not trial products).
>
> > When I tried to register, I am getting an error registration key.
>
> > 1. What is a site name?
> > Is this our company? Is it case sensitive? Should I type MYCOMPANY, Inc.
> > MYCOMPANY, Inc or MYCOMPANY Inc  ?
>
> > 2. In the products, there are several keys. I don't know which one to use.
> > What's printed are:
>
> > Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each)
> > Manufacturing Test Keys (5 keys; 7 characters/each)
> > Integration Manager Registration Keys (1 key; 23 characters)
>
> > I tried to register from Tools > System > Registration, a box pop up
> > asking
> > for Site Name and 5-keys. Which key do I use and what is the Site Name?

0
mpolino (496)

Can I get a new volume license product key because i lost it?
I installed Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 onto my computer and then i got a virus and all the programs were taken off it .. I kept the CD but i've lost all the packaging so i lost the volume license product key that you need. So when I try and install it back on I don't have a product key to put in. Can i get a new one? Thanks Help needed ASAP Call Microsoft. You will need certain information to prove you have the program but it's a simple thing to do. Refer to their site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];326246 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publis...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Exchange 2003 and Email for web site hosting
I have an Exchange 2003 and Active Directory domain set up. I am hosting a few web sites, and I don't know how to utilize exchange to set up email accounts for those web sites. To make sure I'm explaining this right.... DNS looks like this: _msdcs.DOMAIN.local mycompany.com DOMAIN.local othercompanywebsite.com mycompany of course is integrated with AD and exchange and all my users can get email at user@mycompany.com. How do i set up email for user@othercompanywebsite.com? Do these users need to be in AD? Really all i want is for info@othercompanywebsite.com to be redirected to use...

How to write XML with any name and type?
Disappointed, this is not the first time I'm posting this kind of a request for help, but no helpful answer was posted yet. I'll try make my question as clear as I can: (1) I wish to write an XML file. this file will contain any number of parameters to be used in my C# code as database. (2) This file may contain any number of parameters, and I will know the number of the parameters only at run time. (3) Any parameter must have a name, but this name may be any name, and I will know the names of the parameters only at run time. (4) Any parameter must have a type, this type can be...

posting pdf files on web site
I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? The same way you do any other link. Import the .pdf file and create a link to it. (You might want to check out the Publisher newsgroup that deals with web issues.) "Par" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387FD3EE-573E-47C6-86DD-8EB1FE4085F1@microsoft.com... > I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? Thanx! ??? Import the PDF? or upload it? "JL Amerson" <JL_Am...

custom security group permissions on a newly provisioned site
Is there a way to automate creation of custom security group (eg 'listApprovers') with permissions on a newly provisioned workspace? Eg.. I have PWA runing on http://sampleurl1/pwa.. workspaces are on http://sampleurl2/sites ..[same farm etc.] When I provision a new site like http://sampleurl2/sites/newsite234 , I wish that 'listApprovers' are created on this workspace with custom permissions (eg approve list item workflows on lists)? Vaso, I am not aware of any way to do this. Any security changes made to a project workspace will not be retained when you ma...

Problem referring to "names" in formulas across sheets
Hi Excel - experts! I'm somewhat baffeled: On sheet 1 I have defined a "name" for cells A3:A500 as "AllDays". On sheet 3 I have a formula using this name: =SUBTOTAL(9;AllDays) However if I check the formula with "evaluate formula" this equals to =SUBTOTAL(9;A3:A97). Evidently referring to names across sheets is limited to 100 cells. If I use the same formula on sheet 1 everything seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rene I use named ranges across sheets which are tens of thousands of rows deep, so there should not be a limit like the one you ...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

Find Worksheet by name in any open workbook
Excel 2002. From within a Macro, is it possible to locate and copy an entire spreadsheet based on the worksheet name only? When I try to record the macro, I can't get around it specifying the workbook name. Asking the user to specify the workbook name (to populate a variable) is just asking for trouble. The data I want to retrieve is dumped from a host system into an Excel file. The name of the workbook will vary, but the worksheet name will always be the name of the host system query ("AQSD90_S"). I would like to create a macro that finds the worksheet and copies the data i...

Wife's Name On Templates
My wife created mailing labels and other documents and now her name and her business name are on the labels, brochures, flyers and other doc templates when they're opened. I tried removing and reinstalling Publisher 2002 to get the templates to return to their blank defaults but no luck. Are there registry hacks that have to be done? How do I fix this? -- a( : [|]=( DaffyD� A Duck With Tools Is A Duck To Be Reckoned With On the toolbar, edit, personal information This article might be useful PUB2002: Personal Information Dialog Box Appears with Each New Publication http://support.mic...

Workflows failing after adding site bindings
We have recently added web site bindings to our CRM server to enable us to host other sites on the same machine (Sharepoint web front-end in this case). We have updated the server registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM \ServerUrl to reflect the new name (http://CRM/MSCRMServices) - Thanks to Michael Hoehne for that tip. The problem now is that workflows do not appear to be firing correctly. They start the "Workflow expansion task" then immediately revert to a "Waiting" status. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what needs to be done to resolve the problem? Ma...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Save As File Name from Cell?
Is there any way of automatically generating a (Save As) file name from the contents of a cell? Jeff Hi, Yes you can, as example, the VBA would be: Sub Macro1() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value & ".xls" End Sub -- Two heads are better than one! Email: subst1tut3 numb3rs for l3tt3rs... "Jeff Granger" wrote: > Is there any way of automatically generating a (Save As) file name from the > contents of a cell? > > Jeff > > > Thanks Jon "Jon von de...

sort contact list alphabetically by first name instead of e-mail a
Would like to know how to setup my Contacts Address book so it's listed alphabetically by First name instead of alphabetically by e-mail address as it is now. thanks. Do you want us to answer without knowing your Outlook version? That's rather rude. Fine. Pick your way through this answer: The most frequent question asked about the Outlook Address Book is "why won't it sort the way I told it to?" Simple answer. Even though we all know that our Outlook Address Book is simply a view of our Contacts, Microsoft did not configure it to abide by the settings we c...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Vendor name to appear on PO commitment zoom from sales order
Vendor name to appear on PO commitment zoom from sales order When you click on the PO commitment in a sales order and zoom on the PO it would be nice to see the vendor name of the vendor you are purchasing from. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Can an order number be re-used if an order is voided in GP 9.0
I’m assuming that I would (or should ) only be able to delete or void an order that had not shipped or wasn’t locked to a purchase order. I saved an order in our test system and pulled it back up. At the top next to the Save and Delete buttons is a Void button. I was just wondering what that did. Void marks the order void, moves it to history, and reserves the order number (no you cannot reuse the number) Void is appropriate if a customer places an order and cancels it entirely or a quote was issued and the deal was lost. You have a record of the transaction even though the sale...

POP Returns
In POP Return Transaction, when you select a PO, and then a vendor item, it will not let you put return quantities in if the OVERALL inventory level is negative, even if you have positive inventory in the site (LOCNCODE) you want to do the return from. I have 20+ sites, and it is possible to have positive inventory in a few, and negative inventory in many others due to numerous issues/causes. Since it asks for a PO it should check the receipt location and only check that inventory level for the return. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Merge/consolidate text cells based on unique keys ?
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out. I have an Excel worksheet with 2 columns: 'Client #' and 'Invoice #'. Every time the accounting dept. generates an invoice, a new row is added in this worksheet. Obviously this is chronological not per Client #. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume the worksheet is already sorted by Client #, like so: A B Client # Invoice # 231 5929 231 4358 231 2185 231 6234 464 1166 464 1264 464 3432 464 1720 464 9747 791 1133 791 4930 791 5496 791 6291 989 8681 989 3023 989 7935 989 8809 989 8873 My goal is to achieve...

changing extension names
I did try that. I can't remember the exact complication but it did not work. Want to quote your original post? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cap't Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1169501c441aa$e2f94810$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I did try that. I can't remember the exact complication > but it did not work. ...

File Names
What is the name of the Sent file in Outlook. I accidently deleted it and want to retrieve it. Thanks There is no file specifically for a Sent item. All data is stored in a pst-file. Is it no longer in your Deleted Items folder? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply add...

Handle Duplicate Primary Key Field at Time of Entry Instead of at Form Update
Note: This was originally posted at the queries group by mistake ...... Hi Folks - Currently, I am using the Error Event of my form to capture duplicate key entry. However, this is not invoked until the form updates. Is there a way to check for a duplicate after the user tabs out of the primary key field? Thanks. -- Michael "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in news:uScYzaNHIHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Michael > > The Primary Key of a table is used to ensure each row/record is > unique. How is it that you are allowing your users to "crea...

IE Trusted Site added by Money 2005?
Does Money 2005 add 'money://@surf.mar@' to the IE Trusted Sites (for Local Internet)? The new MS Spyware software triggered on that, and I just want to make sure this is something that is legit. Thanks. Tom I get that from the spyware tool everytime I start MSMoney05Dlx as well. I Googled for it with no luck (Mine says //@signup.mar@) not sure what the difference is...maybe it's that I'm not using a Passport...dunno If anyone has anything conclusive, please add... "Tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ZHlDS1$EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl....

Site to Site Vpn solution
ok so this should be simple but I cant find a solution. I have a client that has a branch office and I need to connect to there main office network. Main office has a sbs server and many other windows servers I would think that there would be a simple vpn device that I could put at each office and connect them and the networks would be one. can anyone please point me to a device that can do this. I might need to connect more that 1 device to the main office in the future. I have used a fortinet fortigate for this but it was crazy expensive and crazy hard to configure. ...