Site for SOP Returns

Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard
Orders?

Yes.  You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return
Transaction.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Everton Raymond" wrote:

> Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard
> Orders?
Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I responded.
 NO, you cannot have multiple default sites (one for standard orders and a
different site for returns)
--

"Everton Raymond" wrote:

> Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard
> Orders?

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Exchange 2003 and Email for web site hosting
I have an Exchange 2003 and Active Directory domain set up. I am hosting a few web sites, and I don't know how to utilize exchange to set up email accounts for those web sites. To make sure I'm explaining this right.... DNS looks like this: _msdcs.DOMAIN.local mycompany.com DOMAIN.local othercompanywebsite.com mycompany of course is integrated with AD and exchange and all my users can get email at user@mycompany.com. How do i set up email for user@othercompanywebsite.com? Do these users need to be in AD? Really all i want is for info@othercompanywebsite.com to be redirected to use...

custom security group permissions on a newly provisioned site
Is there a way to automate creation of custom security group (eg 'listApprovers') with permissions on a newly provisioned workspace? Eg.. I have PWA runing on http://sampleurl1/pwa.. workspaces are on http://sampleurl2/sites ..[same farm etc.] When I provision a new site like http://sampleurl2/sites/newsite234 , I wish that 'listApprovers' are created on this workspace with custom permissions (eg approve list item workflows on lists)? Vaso, I am not aware of any way to do this. Any security changes made to a project workspace will not be retained when you ma...

posting pdf files on web site
I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? The same way you do any other link. Import the .pdf file and create a link to it. (You might want to check out the Publisher newsgroup that deals with web issues.) "Par" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387FD3EE-573E-47C6-86DD-8EB1FE4085F1@microsoft.com... > I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? Thanx! ??? Import the PDF? or upload it? "JL Amerson" <JL_Am...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Workflows failing after adding site bindings
We have recently added web site bindings to our CRM server to enable us to host other sites on the same machine (Sharepoint web front-end in this case). We have updated the server registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM \ServerUrl to reflect the new name (http://CRM/MSCRMServices) - Thanks to Michael Hoehne for that tip. The problem now is that workflows do not appear to be firing correctly. They start the "Workflow expansion task" then immediately revert to a "Waiting" status. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what needs to be done to resolve the problem? Ma...

POP Returns
In POP Return Transaction, when you select a PO, and then a vendor item, it will not let you put return quantities in if the OVERALL inventory level is negative, even if you have positive inventory in the site (LOCNCODE) you want to do the return from. I have 20+ sites, and it is possible to have positive inventory in a few, and negative inventory in many others due to numerous issues/causes. Since it asks for a PO it should check the receipt location and only check that inventory level for the return. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Site to Site Vpn solution
ok so this should be simple but I cant find a solution. I have a client that has a branch office and I need to connect to there main office network. Main office has a sbs server and many other windows servers I would think that there would be a simple vpn device that I could put at each office and connect them and the networks would be one. can anyone please point me to a device that can do this. I might need to connect more that 1 device to the main office in the future. I have used a fortinet fortigate for this but it was crazy expensive and crazy hard to configure. ...

IE Trusted Site added by Money 2005?
Does Money 2005 add 'money://@surf.mar@' to the IE Trusted Sites (for Local Internet)? The new MS Spyware software triggered on that, and I just want to make sure this is something that is legit. Thanks. Tom I get that from the spyware tool everytime I start MSMoney05Dlx as well. I Googled for it with no luck (Mine says //@signup.mar@) not sure what the difference is...maybe it's that I'm not using a Passport...dunno If anyone has anything conclusive, please add... "Tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ZHlDS1$EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl....

Help downloaded Office 2007 Pro from MS site last night
I installed a trial version of Office 2007 Pro, on a clean XP Pro system and a clean Windows 7 Pro system and get activation wizard said "Your trial period expired on December 31, 2002" same day I installed it WTF!! I installed all available updates prior to install of trial package Need this fixed ASAP working on getting a license for 20+ users which is not put together yet.... HELP!!!!! Same exact answer that I gave rschu just below your post -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not b...

i have a problem with a specific site
i have a problem while opening this site www.bbcarabic.com IE hangs for some seconds then open the page why that happens ??? Hi, The page is simply too large at over 1 MB (total) with more than 200 objects and more than 200 images. For the full report, go to http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ and put the URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/arabic/ into the "Enter URL to diagnose field." - Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "mmfarahat" <mmfarahat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A03053-8809-4575-B1C4-C965C2748668@mi...

lstBox value returns null
Hi Am implementing a password system on a form. There is a table holding UserNames and Passwords. I have built a query that takes the contents of a textbox on a form as a criteria and returns the correct password into a listbox on the form. All I now need to do is compare the entered password with the returned value but if I try to do it directly: if listboxvalue = passwordvalue then..... or I read both into string variables and then compare them I get a null error when trying to read out of the list box. How do I grab the selected value from a listbox. Many thanks Mick Hey Mick, If...

Salesperson Id Problem in SOP
I see in V9 we can set the salesperson id at the customer address level. We use this frequently. But we recently discovered it does not work properly in sales transaction entry. When I set the ship to address id in salescustomerdetailentry, the salesperson id changes to that on the address record, as one would expect. But if I edit the ship to address on the sales order (change a phone number, contact name, etc) the salesperson id switches back to that on the customer record. Is there any good explanation for this? Thanks, Scott. I was just at Convergence and pointed this out to the...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

SOP Copy function should include header info
There is a checkbox when copying a sales order if you want to copy the ship-to address, but checking that box doesn't update the ship-to address at the header level, just at the line level. It should be possible to copy the address at both the header and line level. There should also be an option for copying user-defined info from the source document. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

weg site
I am only able to get one web site and one only. will not go to anyother site You don't need any other websites. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Rick wrote: > I am only able to get one web site and one only. will not go to anyother site "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38B290F5-F4CA-471D-B019-2736D6974F76@microsoft.com... >I am only able to get one web site and one only. will not go to anyother site Not much information to go on. Unless you learn "How to ask a question" you are going to get a lot of 's...

Site to Site migration
We are in the processes of migrating an Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware and need to change the site name due to a change in naming conventions. The organization will stay the same. I need to know of a way to change the Outlook clients so that they point to the new server. Does anyone have any recommendations outside of manually going to each person's workstation? Thanks for any help! "Larry" <sealsl@emh3.tooele.army.mil> wrote in message news:19ec701c44d77$9229b3b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... I need to know of a way to change > the Outlook clients so that the...

Customer reference site and volumn of transactions
We are working on a MRMS proposal for one of the prospects who is in IT ,Electric Appliance/ Computer parts reseller and has 20 stores (60-70 POS) all over Thailand with the plan to expand to 30 stores (90 POS) within this year. They question on scalability and stability of MRMS and want to know who is/are the biggest customers in terms of number of stores, volumn of transactions, etc. Please help us provide some names and information such as number of stores or POS lanes. If you have some benchmark testing that could provide to us, that would be helpful as well. Thank you, ...

SOP Returns and Ext Pricing
WE use extended pricing for SOP. All works ok except - when we want to do a return in SOP. Comes up with message "A PRICE CAN'T BE FOUND FOR ITEM XXXXX. BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS SET UP TO REQUIRE PRICES. YOU MUST REMOVE THE ITEM" - but same product can be produced for an order. This has only been an issue since sp5 - previously was working ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanx, Theo Not sure this will help at all - but isn't there a hot fix for SOP returns? I recall seeing something about that on the SP downloads. "Theo" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Link RM to SOP
The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to the document in SOP. A quick overview of the SOP cash receipt process looks like you cannot easily apply payments to more than 1 invoice at a time. This is likely why we are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the information together seemlessly. This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be integrated thus that each module knows what's happened in the other. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...

Returning Partial Strings
I'm trying to separate a word/string of characters in a text field from the rest of the field, but the strings are of varying lengths. Is there a way to extract this? For example, my field contains the following values: RAST 2006-1 M5 CWALT 2006-AR1 A How can I extract the "RAST" and the "CWALT" from each? How can I extract the "2006-1" and the "2006-AR1" from each? Thanks in advance! On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:44:02 -0800, ScottM wrote: > I'm trying to separate a word/string of characters in a text field from the > rest of the field,...

GAL issue
Our existing Exchange 5.5 organization consists of two different sites, each in its own NT 4.0 domain, so call that siteA and siteB in domainA and domainB for simplicity. They share a common GAL between them as you would expect and all is well. I've just installed the first Exchange 2003 server in a Windows Server 2003 AD domain (call this domainC) and placed the Exchange server into siteA. Trusts are in place between domainA and domainB (previously), between domainA and domainC (for the migration), but not yet between domainB and domainC. The problem that I see now is that GAL for use...