Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message

I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in
order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this
project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project
on vista and open the designer, I get the following message :
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme.
GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero
\Aero.msstyles for the theme name.
at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName()

Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :)

Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having to develop on XP?

Thanks,
Steven Vallarian

Make shell:UsersFilesFolder = shell:Personal
The best way to describe it is, "how do I Make shell:UsersFilesFolder = shell:Personal via Group Policy? -- Steve ...

Unable to send and receive e-mail
I am using windows vista. Recently I just change my computer password. However, when I tried to received/send mail. Windows security prompt me to logon. I didn't had to do that last time when I changed my computer password. But when I tried to logon using my user name and password as in my Account, I still could not receive or send any e-mails. The error message that appeared is as below: Account: 'mail.pacific.net.sg', Server: 'mail.pacific.net.sg', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server ...

XP and Outlook 98 with tasks on outlook today
I have a staffer that has trouble organizing the Outlook Today tasks with Outlook 98 on an XP pro station. It will show all tasks, not just today's or overdue, but ALL of the tasks. How can I filter it to just show today's and over-due tasks? thanks! John Anyone? Any ideas? I've heard this happens with Outlook 2000 "Ghost2020" <j_tsnyderNOSPAM@comcast.NOSPAM.net.antiSPAMmer> wrote in message news:109fl6o5es0i60e@corp.supernews.com... > I have a staffer that has trouble organizing the Outlook Today tasks with > Outlook 98 on an XP pro station. > > ...

Using CAsyncSocket in a non-UI thread
Hi, I know that this subject has been discussed before, but I couldn't find a simple way to create and use a CAsyncSocket in a non-UI Thead. Is it possible? Regards Haider Can't do it. Socket needs a GUI thread (message pump). AliR. "Haider" <hayder.tarik@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140789379.972309.227760@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I know that this subject has been discussed before, but I couldn't find > a simple way to create and use a CAsyncSocket in a non-UI Thead. Is it > possible? > > Regards > > Haider &g...

VBA Compile error when converting to Access 2007
I have converted a database from Access 2003 to 2007, but the VBA project will not compile/run. The problem seems to be with the DAO, but when I go into Tools References and add the MS DAO 3.6 object library back in I get an error saying 'Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library'. The code it falls over on is: Dim MyIndex As Index Set MyIndex = MyTable.CreateIndex("PrimaryKey") With MyIndex .Primary = True 'falls over on this section .Required = True .Unique = True ...

Unable to import a ".qif" file into my "investment" account
Help! I'm trying to import all of my brokerage account activity either as a Quicken .QIF file into my Brokerage Account setup in Money 2003 under "Investment Accounts." When I try to import the ".qif" into Money 2003, it doesn't recognize my Brokerage Account folder. What's the deal? Furthermore, at the present time my brokerage company doesn't have the electronically downloadable "direct statement" option. Therefore, the only way to update my brokerage account under Money 2003's Investment Accounts is either by importing a "....

Where is Auto Save in Excel XP?
Where is the auto save add in that used to be available in previous versions(97+2000) but not in Excel XP. Is it still available in XP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Tim No it is not available in excel 2002, excel 2002 onward has auto recovery instead which is in fact better IMHO.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tim" <tim@vtec.org> wrote in message news:2737f01c38f3c$2aae1f90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Where is the auto save add in that used to be available in > previous versions(97+2000) but not in Excel XP. > Is it still available in XP? > Any help would be...

Trouble viewing messages in Outlook 2003, possible security issue
We have an inbox that is shared by a lot of users, it isn't setup as the actaul email account in Outlook is is just and extra added mailbox the users can view. When one company sends email to this inbox we cannot see the messages. They are in there and show in the total number of unread messages, but I can't see the message. I have installed Outlook on a spare machine and set this mailbox up as the actual email acocunt and then I can see the messages. When I open them I notice is says "Please treat this message as private" at the top of the message. I think it is a combi...

deleting part of content of received messages
I receive regular and a substantial number of (acceptable) messages which contain, at the foot of the message, a "PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALTY NOTICE". This message is added to the original message automatically, but is clearly not required, nor it it required on replies, which then generate another version of the notice. Is it possible to create a VB script that could do this, perhaps from a toolbar command. Although the actual place of the message will naturally vary (from the start of the message) depending on its length, but it will always be the (around 20) last lines of the me...

Shell Game with XML Attributes
I have a problem that I suspect shouldn't be this hard to figure out, but I'm a .NET newbie so I'm looking for help. I am reading from an XML file to populate a combo box with the value of an "Name" attribute to several elements. When the user selects an item from the combo and clicks a command button, my application needs to: 1. Find the parent element of the "Name" attribute 2. Find the value of the "ID" attribute of the same element 3. Write the value of the ID attribute to another XML file. I can do everything except steps 1 and 2 ;) I've in...

Programmatically determining recordset names in database
I'm very new to Access programming and can find the individual tables (recordsets) this way Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("PS", dbOpenDynaset) but I need to know the name of the recordset. Is there some way to figure that out programmatically? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt What do you mean by recordset names? You are opening recorset 'PS', is the name not PS? If you mean you wish to list the fields within a recordset, then take a look at: http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000002#lstTblFlds If you wish to list the tables within a d...

hiding columns, error message says cannot shift objects off sheet
Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet'. WHat does this mean and how do I work around it? Thanks! hi, excel thinks that there is data in column IV. excel by default cannot shift data off the sheet ie beyound column IV or below row 65536. solution. highlight all the column to the right of your data and hit the delete key. that should fix it. >-----Original Message----- >Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message >says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet&...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

Outlook 2000 attachment problems Windows XP/2003
Hi, I have been having this problem with outlook 2000 that I have searched all over the place for but can't find an answer, hope anyone can help me. Firstly, I have installed outlook 2000 on both Windows 2000 ,Windows XP and Windows 2003 with the SR-1 patch all security updates and SP3. When I VPN into the office and retreive email from Exchange 5.5 (therefore I am in corporate and workgroup mode), in Windows 2000 the message body is downloaded first and displayed on the preview pane without the need to download the attachments (if any exists). In Windows XP/2000 however both the ...

shell
Hi, What is shell folder? Why do we use word "shell" here is there any equivalent function for SHBrowseForFolder(..). Thanks Cric see shell faq http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_faq.asp?frame=true\ <free2cric@yahoo.com> ???? news:1142227071.877598.109420@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > What is shell folder? Why do we use word "shell" here > is there any equivalent function for SHBrowseForFolder(..). > > Thanks > Cric > You might find Michael's articles on shell programming...

Vista and CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA
Hi all, I have an application that uses one configuration file which should be the same for all users. This conf file should also be editable by any user. 1) For Win2000 and WinXP it was not a problem to use the SHGetFolderPath function with CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA which would then be smth like: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" and to put there the conf file for my application. The problem is that on Vista the call of SHGetFolderPath/SHGetKnownFolderPath with CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA gives the: "C:\ProgramData" directory which is read-only and _...

Exchange Instant Messaging Login issue
We are trying to implement instant messeging within the organization, and decided to try Exchange 2000 IM capabilities. When you try to sign in to Exchange Instant Messaging, we receive the following error message: "Signing in to Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. " According to Microsoft KB (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309508), it could be the IIS Lockdown and URLscan. but we didnt use those tools. Any ideas why this happening? Regards, ...

shell command and code execution
Hi all, looking at a difficult situation... the set up first, then my impressions second: macro usess shell command to run an executable, which makes a barcode image, and leaves desired output in a predictable place. Or rather is supposed to. The macro then makes use of this output. This macro works on my Win XP Pro system. (Office 2007) This macro fails on my Windows 2000 Pro system. (Office 2003) What appears to be happening is that in the latter case, the executable is being prevented from writing the file. When I abort the macro, suddenly the file appears. No am...

Outlook 2007, Vista, can not send emails with a link in the messa
Outlook 2007, Vista, can not send emails with a link in the message What happens when you try? if these are lnk attachments and the error says they won’t be sent, its lying. Outlook sends them, but outlook blocks them as dangerous attachment types. Use a text link instead. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT...

running access 2000 in Xp
I have a splitted database written in access 2000. The Backend is in a share file in the network and the front end is distributed in each user machine (mde file) that runs in run time only. the users don't have acces only microsoft office. I have used the deployment wizard to distribute the front end. I have 30 users working in Windows 98 operating system and everything works okay. I got 2 new machines with operating system windows XP. In this 2 machines i can deploy the front end but when I try to open the database it just don't work. the run time sr1 is installed in the new...

Report Services Error on Client -- but reports work on the server
When I try to run reports on a client a get reporting error. But when I am on Remote Desktop to the CRM server, all reports work. Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Note: SQL Report Services is installed on a different server than SQL...

Serialize error
I have a CTypedPtrArray m_ListNames. I input names and with serialize I save those names to disk. It all works fine until I try to save my document after I have either deleted one of the objects in mListNames or I delete and object in m_ListNames and I then SetAt(same_index) a new object in m_ListNames. I have put breakpoints in the program and found that I get an error at run time when it reaches serialize objects of m_ListNames. Is there code that I am forgetting to add or is there an error in the way that I am deleting objects of m_ListNames? Thanks Al -- Just Al Just code error. ...

Count Outlook messages.
Hi there I'm pretty new at Outlook 2000 so i'm not too sure weather you can do this or not but i'll try to explain it as best as i can. I'm getting messages from a specific email sender address. And what I want to do is count how many messages i am getting from this sender. I am on a network and i think we are running Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000. I have a Win2k PC with Outlook 2000. Is there a way to count the amount of messages that i'm getting from the sender or do i need a specific type of software to do it? Thanks guys. Tell me if you need anymore ...

embed a shell
Hey I'm wanting to embed a live command shell (not using any piping) to a windows application. I want it to be totally live so if I run a dos application I want the windows to keep up to date with it. A complex example would be a dos game (won't go that far, it will all be text in my case, but i need to run some dos apps that take up to a minute to run and i want the windows to be constantly updated to that). Can be either SDK or MFC if one is easier than the other. Any ideas... If you don't understand here is an example: ___________________________________________________...

Shell Extension Framework
OK, I've just been handed a problem in doing a shell extension. What's a good place to start? I've not only never done one, I've never even looked at the problem! Here's as much as I'm allowed to disclose: the device is an external device with a proprietary protocol over a communication channel I cannot discuss. The entitites on it resemble files (they have names). The client wants to be able to drag-and-drop these "files" to/from it. They currently have a crufty program that reads and writes these "files", and they are appalled at what they got. Th...