SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site

Hello,
If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know!
I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for
my Dynamics Business Portal site.  So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA
Server which is supported on one web listener.

Present configuration:

Default Zone: http://geneva:222

I would like to add:

Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com

I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal)
http://geneva  configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the
Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com previously but it had
an issue with my Purchase Requests, so I had to replace the web.config file
with a backup copy to as well as change the Access Mapping back to the
original.

I understand that the Microsoft Business Frame Works config file has
something which needs to be edited also. The location I’m familiar with is:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\222\bin\BusinessFramework.config
<Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.PortalConfig>
    <portalVersion type="String" value="4.0.2389.0"/>
    <cacheMenuExpirationMinutes type="Int32" value="4320"/>
    <wssSiteServer type="String" value="HTTP://GENEVA:222"/>
    <wssSiteURL type="String" value="/BP"/>
    <wssObjectModelSiteURL type="String" value="HTTP://GENEVA:222/BP"/>
  </Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.PortalConfig>

Please let me know what needs to be changed and if I’m to implement SSL
Certs for this site via ISA Server do I have to have the Business Portal
listen on port 443 in the config file.

Thanks in advance!

Roosevelt Hubbard

exporting an access query to XML using an external stylesheet or (
Application.ExportXML _ ObjectType:=acExportQuery, _ DataSource:="QueryName", _ DataTarget:="Where you want the file to go" & "\FileName" & ".xml" Application.TransformXML _ DataSource:="Where the file is currently located" & "\FileName" & ".xml", _ TransformSource:="\Location of your XSL file" & "\Name of your XSL file" & ".xsl", _ OutputTarget:="Where you want to export your data to " & "\The Name of the New File&qu...

Analyze Access data
I have a query in an Access database. I want to use the Tools>Analyze With Excel option to create a spreadsheet using the data in the query. One of the fields in the Access query is Order Number. I would like to create a "header" in the spreadsheet which will contain the value in the Order Number field. I only want this information to appear once on the spreadsheet. How can I do this? Ivor I am from the MS Excel\Access support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Cons...

merge access data into excel spreadsheet
I have payroll detail records that need to be summarized on excel spreadsheets. For example if I have 30 records representing 3 unique companies, I need to create 3 excel control total sheets with totals for each company merged into specific cells on the sheets. These sheets are not empty, they have extensive formatting and data already contained. The user then enters some additional data which is why I can't use a report. I have done this when merging to word but can't find info on excel. TransferSpreadsheet doesn't seem to do what I need. Thanks in advance... pb Per pburns...

Alternate to switchboard
I have 30 sections in my office, i have a database with a form for each section. How do i create a form that will let them choose their section from a pull down and open their form based on their section selection. A simple menu form with 3 columns of 10 buttons each will work just fine. To tell you the truth, with that many different sections, I might even consider using different databases by department to reduce the maintenance. For a large builder, I designed 10 different database front-ends, connected to 1 set of tables on the server, to be used by 53 different users. Most of them ...

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

Converting database from Access 97 to 2003: problems
Hi, I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003. I am using a workgroup file to secure the database. I have split the database in a front end and a backend. The backend only contains tables. Both databases give problems when trying to convert to an Access 2003. I am describing the conversion of the frontend database. The problem is that i cannot open the tables. This message appears: Reserved error (-1104); there is no message for this error. Explanation of the steps i did. First thing that i did is: started Access 2003 and selected the correct Access 97 workgroup file...

Can you update
I have created a query with a list of clients to call today, then exported to excel. This list contains fields that need to be updated in acess after the calls have been made. Instead of updating each record manually, I would like to upload the spreadsheet with the updated data back into access. I can't see how to update the records instead of appending new records. Thanks in advance JMuniz If the "records" have unique identifiers, you could use an "Update" query instead of an "Append" query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Am...

Access 2007
I want to retrieve the current maximum value of a numeric field in an Access 2007 table. I am writing the function in C#. I have a select string as follows: "SELECT LedgerReference, MAX(LedgerReference) FROM tblLedgerData GROUP BY LedgerReference"; Although it appears to work, i.e. it doesn't crash, it doesn't actually return anything. All the examples I have found so far are quite complex with joined tables, I just want the maximum value that exists in a single table. Can anybody give me some guidance please? -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK You can...

Varying font size dynamically
I have a need to print a text field in a fixed space. If the text in the field is long, I need to reduce the font size so that it will all fit. How might I accomplish that? Thanks. Guy Guy Scharf wrote: >I have a need to print a text field in a fixed space. If the text in >the field is long, I need to reduce the font size so that it will all >fit. Very tricky problem. Fortunately Stephen Lebans has worked out the really complex part at http://www.lebans.com/textwidth-height.htm Once you download and import the module, you can use code something like: For FS = 12 To 4 S...

Read only access
How can I set up a user class with read only access in Great Plains. We are using GP 7.5. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks Deep, You set the Class ID to have access to only Inquiry windows in each of the Series (Financial, Purchasing, etc). Are you familiar with setting security in GP? I don't remember what the menu path would be in 7.5 but it should be something like Tools>Setup>System>User Classes. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Dynamics GP 10 Installation CDs
Hi There. Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? And could someone provide a link please. We rcvd our copies in July 2007 and a first attempt to install them indicates they are full of errors. Thank you, Maria. On CustomerSource I've haven't see the ability to download the installation CDs. I recommend you contact your partner or provide Microsoft with your authorized number/account number to see if they will send you the installation CDs. rc "Maria" wrote: > Hi There. > > Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? &...

User Access Error!
It works yesterday well with the CRM, but today the system shows the following error: The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license. In order to obtain more data, it póngase in contact with the administrator of the system. I already verifies and everything seems to be well but I cannot enter nor like administrator. That I can do? ...

Error in open() function in CDaoDatabase class of MFC-> Unhandled exception in myProject.exe:0xc0000005:Access violation.
Hi! I m working on a database project in which i use CDaoDatabase class of MFC to create the connection with a Access .mdb file by using its open() function. and then use CDaoQueryDef class to save the query in the database. It works well when I run my program first time for a database but if I select the another or same Access .mdb file it give error in its open funcation. the error msg is somthing like this-> Unhandled exception in myProject.exe:0xc0000005:Access violation. Pls help me to solve this problem as early as possible. Are you using the try/catch(CDaoException* e) blocks? If...

Public folders & email access
In exchange 2003 system manager, I cannot create or view properties of public folders. I can create/remove public folders from outlook in server and client though Under public folder store, the public folders icon does not display a tree. When I click, the subfolders are displayed on the details window, but when I try to open or show properties of subfolders, I get an error 'SSL certificate server name is incorrect'. I tried the solution in knowledge base, by switching off the 'require SSL' in exadmin properties, but doesnot help I eventually want to mail enable some of the fol...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

access file
can i open a access file with excel i do not have the access program You cannot open Access files with Excel, although you may extract data from the file provide you have the appropriate Excel installation on your computer. Look at Data>Import External Data>New Database Query. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "john dutton" <jpdutton@cox.net> wrote in message news:054b01c38d1d$7a564cf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can i open a access file with excel i do not have the > access program ...

Forms Printer and GP 8
I have created some custom reports for my accounting people using Crustal Reports. We own and use Forms Printer and a very happy with the product. I thought Forms Printer would allow me to add custom reports to the Great Plains ap just as I could in the past with Report Writer. Reports >> Customized For product I choose Forms Printer and then the ap asks for an fp dictionary. What to do? TIA Forms Printer enables you to launch Crystal reports instead of the normal GP report. You do not access the Great Plains report writer module. You need to go to the forms printer setup t...

Corruption of Access File
Hi I think that since my client and myself don't have the same version of Access the file gets corrupted when I get the latest version from my client (they have Access 2000 and I have Access 2003) What can be done? Thank you, Samuel Perform this sequence when you get the updated file: Compact | Decompile | Compact | Compact | Compile To compact: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair To decompile, enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\offic...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Want to remove/disable/re-map shortcut key to the help files
I want to be able to either uninstall or disable the help from opening in Excel as eveytime I press F1 by miss-take the help files open which makes my computer hang for about 5mins while they load. I have looked under Add/Remove programmes and then clicked on the modity section but there isnt any option for removing them. If this cant be done is it possable to remap the shourtcut key to somthing else so that I dont keep hitting it. Im using Office 2000 btw Thanks in advance, Middle --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could a line or two to your personal.xls (...

Sharepoint and GP
At Convergence this year there was a session about GP and Sharepoint (it was GP12 -- How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helps Save You Money with Microsoft Office Sharepoint) and John Dooley gave a demo of some workflow that was between GP and Sharepoint. A customer was created in GP and it would automatically send a business alert to Sharepoint to create a folder for that customer. Was anyone else here sitting in or know about how he did that? I know how to do the alert, of course, and I have a rudimentary understanding of the workflow in WSS 3, but how do the two talk to each other so it makes the ...

Accessing entities in Great Plains
One of my users can access Great Plains, but there are no entities available to select. Can you process the step that would provide him access? -- Troy Pawleska Desktop Administrator Spirit Finance Go to Tools --> Setup --> System --> User Access. Log in as 'sa' when you do this. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Troy Pawleska ( Spirit Finance)" wrote: > One of my users can access Great Plains, but there are no entities available > to select. Can you process the step that would provide him access? > -- > Troy Pawleska > Desktop Administrator > Spir...

Setting parameters in Excel and then retrieving data from Access
Hello, based on parameters provided in Excel by the user, I want to retrieve data from MS-Acess. Say, providing data and curency code in Excel, the corresponding exchange-rate needs to be retrieved from MS-Access. How to do this without having to import all the Access data into Excel ? Cheers and thank you Mike ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** One way is to use MS Query (Data>Import External Data>New Database Query). It allows you to add parameters as criteria. You ca...

Word 2007 Form Won't Download From a FrontPage Web Site
I've created a form in Word 2007 that includes text boxes and check boxes that visitors should be able to download and save from a link to that file posted on a FrontPage 2003 Web site. When the file is downoaded, it comes in as some type of zip file. Why is this happening? Go to http://11e1.gdpkeyboarding.com/Questionnaire.htm and click the link in this sentence: "Click here to download the Questionnaire." Thanks in advance for any advice. Arlene The default file format in Word 2007 is .docx, which actually is a sort of ..zip file. You have two alternatives...