Setup Question in SOP

In Payables, when you choose a vendor and enter an invoice it automatically
defaults to the same vendor as you go to enter the next invoice.  I am unable
to get this process to work in the Receivables & SOP modules.  Is this a
setup issue or it just does not do it for those modules.

Any input would be appreciated because this is really a helpful tactic.

Thanks
Barb
0
BK (201)

No, they don't work that way.  Most of the time, customers requests for
products are all entered on one SOP document rather than several different
ones.  I would bet your sales are done remotely and entered into the system
in batches.  This is the exception to the normal way SOP is used.  (not
wrong, just an exception)

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"BK" wrote:

> In Payables, when you choose a vendor and enter an invoice it automatically
> defaults to the same vendor as you go to enter the next invoice.  I am unable
> to get this process to work in the Receivables & SOP modules.  Is this a
> setup issue or it just does not do it for those modules.
>
> Any input would be appreciated because this is really a helpful tactic.
>
> Thanks
> Barb
0
info4071 (3004)
10/20/2007 12:28:04 AM
If you have Modifier you can change the object property 'Save on Restart' to
'true' for the Receivables Transaction Entry window and mirror the behavior
of Payables.  Be sure to change the object property for all of the necessary
fields because the script does not run that would populate the name, address,
etc from the Customer card.  You'd need to set:

Name
Address ID
Salesperson ID
Territory ID
Currency ID
Payment Terms
Shipping Method
Tax Schedule ID

"BK" wrote:

> In Payables, when you choose a vendor and enter an invoice it automatically
> defaults to the same vendor as you go to enter the next invoice.  I am unable
> to get this process to work in the Receivables & SOP modules.  Is this a
> setup issue or it just does not do it for those modules.
>
> Any input would be appreciated because this is really a helpful tactic.
>
> Thanks
> Barb
0
LeslieVail (702)

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Sorting sheet question
Is it possible to sort a worksheet with out actually making it the active sheet? The sheets name is "dayoptions" and I want to sort column a into ascending order Thanks in advance Greg It is ok I have the answer Thanks Greg "browie" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:de4umm$v0j$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is it possible to sort a worksheet with out actually making it the active > sheet? > > The sheets name is "dayoptions" and I want to sort column a into ascending > order > > Thanks in advance > > Greg > ...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Two Questions
I am not sure if this should go in here or the VBA group but I have 2 questions I am using Powerpoint 2007 Is there a way in VBA to delete all the footer and date placeholders in the slide master og my prsentation. I do not use them and I have a lot of slide master slide in the presentation Also is there a way in VBA to format all pictures in my presentation so that they use the "soft edge rectangle" format and the "rounded Rectangle" picture shape. I have a full day presentation so it is a lot of pictures to change TIA Q2 Code here should help http:...

legality question
hello, I'm implanting a graph control in my program, if ill use ms graph/chart control will it have any legal issues connected to it? any problems in selling? distributing and etc.? It depends upon the company selling graph/chart control. You will need to contact them. Typically its all spelled out in the license agreement that you got when you purchased the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Oy0iH2UPGHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > hello, > I'm implanting a graph control in my program,...

Another Check Box Question
OK here's the deal...In my query I have colmuns as follows... Column 1 is for Zone Column 2 is for Block Number Column 3 is for GPM (gallons per minute) Column 4 is my checkbox for On/Off What I am trying to do is create a way to calculate how many gpm of water is being used. I want to be able to put a check in the box when the water is running in these zones/blocks and have some sort of way to total these gpm. I was thinking that creating another column (5) showing Total and creating some sort of function/expression there to make this calculation but I am at a loss as how to do ...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Seearch criteria in a question to be presented in a report
I have a query based om a table with a bunch of posts sorted by the field "Date". The query is based on the criteria "Between Date1 and Date2" in the field "Date". I want to show Date1 and Date2 in the header in a report based on the question above even if there are no posts with just these dates in the field "Dare". How to do ?? -- Thanks in advance for Your help On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:03:02 -0800, Leif Thorsen <LeifThorsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query based om a table with a bunch of posts sorted by the fi...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

Update Question
I have a form that I enter data and then I click a button to print a report. The data that I typed in does not appear unless I save the form or scroll the mouse wheel. Is there a way that as I type the data the form saves without me having to click save every time? yes, just force a disk write..... if me.dirty = True then me.dirty = false end if docmd.OpenReprot "your reprot"....... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:16:17 -0700, jay <libertysmith10@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a for...

Updating back end DB question
What happens if I update a back end database while users are in the front end in Access 2003? Will the data being entered at the time be compromised? Basically, the front end has the forms and a table that contains the data entry info. The back end consists of a series of tables that contain pre-existing background info on the possible data entries in the front end table. In other words, I'm wanting to update the background tables periodically (perhaps even daily), in preparation for users' data entry, but without having to ask them to exit the front end database ev...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Partially invoicing a SOP-POP linked order
We had a customer order that was linked to a purchase order using the SOP-POP link. The product was fully received and the line item was closed on the PO, but the customer only wanted a partial shipment. In the sales order, there was no way to only do a partial or even cancel out the difference. This is what we had to do to get the order invoiced OK: 1. Transfer entire fulfilled/linked order to Invoice. 2. Once an invoice, change Qty Fulfilled and Qty to Invoice to the quantity that is going to be shipped/invoiced. Put remainder in Qty to Back Order. 3. Create back order from Invoice s...

Questions Answered Here
I know this is not proper netiquette in this group, I apologize, but I just want to give my thanks to the crew here, especially Daiya and John, who have answered both of my Word 2008 questions without my having to ask them. How to change my default page view which got lost in transition from Word 2004? (Resave the Normal template.) And how to stop getting blank new documents when switching to Word? (Don't use the dock; use command- tab.) They were little things, but 1) They were bugging the heck out of me, and 2) Microsoft could not itself be bothered to tell us how to work...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Histogram Question, Please
Hello, Using W7 and Excel 2007. Still a bit uncertain re some of the "nuances" of Histograms, although I can generate one. a. If I have Bins for the data set up as, e.g., 100, 105, 110, 115... How are data values that has a value of 103, 106, 114, etc. that fall between handled ? Are they included in a preceding, or following, Bin ? b. The columns on the Histogram have "large" horizontal spaces separating them (the Bins) when plotted. Any way to make the columns as plotted be essentially contiguous; right next to each other ? Thanks, Bob On Jan 4, 4:22=A0am, B...

side by side manifests question
Hi, I have a side by side assembly with two dependencies instead of just one, and I want to make sure I did it correctly. It works on my machines here but I am getting reports it is not working on another machine (WinXP SP1). The side by side components are the RTCdll (RTC real time communications api) and the MSXML 4.0 sp2. The manifest is: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" proc...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

setup.exe /removeorg
Hi, I uninstalled exchange 2003 using the add/remove programs. Then a reboot and a few hours to replicate. Then ran setup.exe /removeorg. I noticed that there was still objects leftover from exchange 2003 in AD, such as: Exchange Groups,Exchange settings in sites and services, distribution groups and disabled users. What exactly does the removeorg remove other that exchange 2003 organization? How do I clean the rest of the mess up? thx jason Hi Jason, You may want to view the following KB: 830185 The REMOVEORG option in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830185 ...

Report setup 01-12-08
I have a db that the client wants me to prepare a report of transactions, from the transaction table, in the following format: (TT = transaction types) (Each lot may have none or many transactions of each type) TT1 TT2 TT3 TT4 lota 0 10 8 2 lotb 5 0 0 1 lotc 1 5 0 0 "" etc. I am able to create a report that has the lots listed sequentially, then the details of the lot transactions, but not in the above format. Any ideas? Damon Create a new report using the wizard. When it asks you for grouping options, se...

OU Question!!!
We have installed CRM 1.2 on dev server using existing database(backup of prod db). While installation we pointed Organisation Unit to "CRMDev" (created manually under Active directory). but once installation is completed i dont see any Organisation name and usergroups under "CRMDev" Organisation Unit. Any reason why it didn't create? Is it using the same OU as prod. Is there any setting that needs to be changed in DB and point it to new OU. Please Suggest... Where we did it wrong: As posted in another post suggestion to -create a OU in AD called devcrm -backup...

Hardware Question
Hi, I have been running a Microsoft Exchange cluster for close to 5 years now. It is running on a Storagetek SAN attached (FC) to a Storagetek Library (FC). Well its time to upgrade my systems due that I cannot renew my warranty them past next year again. So I been starting to shop around for new hardware and I was wondering what you guys think about iSCSI SAN Storage solution to cluster my 3 Storage Groups that add up to 120gigs. We have 500 employees. So my plan is to get a iSCSI Tape Library and iSCSI SAN. What do you guys think and what models should I look into? George Spiro ...

Page Setup
Is it possible to have portrait and landscape pages within the same Visio file? Every time I change the layout for one page it changes them all. I am runing Visio 2000 under NT4. Thanks, Andy Yes. IIR UML diagrams don't like doing this but otherwise it's easy. When you insert a new page the Page Setup dialog will come up. Select the Page Size tab, custom size option button, then select page orientation. "Andy Saltiel" <Andy.Saltiel@atosorigin.com> wrote in message news:09b301c35ceb$7c95d510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have portrait and landscape...