Setup error

Hi
after installing GP...I have to run GP utility for the first time to create
the GP database but I have the following when I run the utitlity for the
first time.
"The stored procedure createStatusTable() of form duSQLInstall: 64 Pass
Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 911, Great Plains:0"

After that I have the followng "The stored procedure startTheProcess() of
form duSQLInstall: 185: Pass through SQL returned the following results :
DBMS :0, Great Plains : 0"

I have tried checking and unchecking "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" in ODBC.
In addition I am using SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000.

Thanks

Please ensure that both ANSI options in ODBC are unchecked
AND that the character translation and regional settings
checkboxes are also unchecked.

As a rule all ODBC options should be unchecked, so that
Great Plains can communicate directly with the SQL server
without ODBC messing anything up.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

0
dmusgrav (157)
7/12/2004 2:39:00 AM
I have tried that with no success. In addition I got the "mem_bad_handle"
error message. I have read up this error and I realise it is due to
reports/form.dic. I understand that to have these files I would need to run
the modifier and report writer. But I can't run the mentioned apps because
of the above error message that I m getting. So it like a chicken and egg
kinda of thing. Is there a way to setup the sample company?

"David Musgrave" <dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please ensure that both ANSI options in ODBC are unchecked
> AND that the character translation and regional settings
> checkboxes are also unchecked.
>
> As a rule all ODBC options should be unchecked, so that
> Great Plains can communicate directly with the SQL server
> without ODBC messing anything up.
>
> David Musgrave
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

Hi

Is the ODBC  are you using SQL Authenication or Windows Authenication? You
need to make sure you use SQL Authenication and use sa for the login id.

Regards

James

"xs" <blizzardstorm8899@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi
> after installing GP...I have to run GP utility for the first time to
create
> the GP database but I have the following when I run the utitlity for the
> first time.
> "The stored procedure createStatusTable() of form duSQLInstall: 64 Pass
> Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 911, Great Plains:0"
>
> After that I have the followng "The stored procedure startTheProcess() of
> form duSQLInstall: 185: Pass through SQL returned the following results :
> DBMS :0, Great Plains : 0"
>
> I have tried checking and unchecking "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" in
ODBC.
> In addition I am using SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000.
>
> Thanks

I m using odbc and using sql authentication.  I found the reason why i have
the error message is due to corrupted reports.dic and form.dic which are
used by report writer and modifier respectively. But I can't access them due
to the error message that i m having
"James" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is the ODBC  are you using SQL Authenication or Windows Authenication? You
> need to make sure you use SQL Authenication and use sa for the login id.
>
> Regards
>
> James
>
> "xs" <blizzardstorm8899@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > after installing GP...I have to run GP utility for the first time to
> create
> > the GP database but I have the following when I run the utitlity for the
> > first time.
> > "The stored procedure createStatusTable() of form duSQLInstall: 64 Pass
> > Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 911, Great Plains:0"
> >
> > After that I have the followng "The stored procedure startTheProcess()
of
> > form duSQLInstall: 185: Pass through SQL returned the following results
:
> > DBMS :0, Great Plains : 0"
> >
> > I have tried checking and unchecking "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" in
> ODBC.
> > In addition I am using SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000.
> >
> > Thanks

Rounding Error
Dear All, I found there's a problem in the rounding in formula "sum". I've a cell to sum all the below figures. $2,220,459.605 ($55,511.49) ($55,511.49) ($1,998,413.65) ($37,182.70) $4,842.80 ($121.07) ($121.07) The result is $78,440.935 and then I decrease my decimal place to 2. It becomes $78,440.93 But if I enter the figure directly instead of using formula "sum" and do it the same way. It becomes $78,440.94. It's so strange to me. Anyone know how to solve it? Please help Best Rdgs Ellis On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:48:45 +0800, Ellis Yu wrote: >...

my auto reply error
I am attempting to establish an auto-reply (ooo) because we do not have an exchange server. It is not working and I receive a Rules in Error message window reading "cannot reply to message". However, that notice will only occur once. I am following the steps as described in the Outlook (2007) help menu for creating templates and rules for auto replies. Thanks, Hans ...

HQClient Error: <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location:....
Out of no where I'm getting this error message in HQClient in one of my locations. I don't know if this is related but a interstore transfer request was sent and it keeps creating 2 blank transfer-outs and 1 blank transfer-in. Also the software firewall gave me a weird message stating mmgs.exe windows messenger was doing something with the HQclient so do you want to approve yes or no. Can someone help me decipher the error? Thanks... <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location: recbase.cpp:1378 Expression: m_offBeginVar < m_SizeRec SPID: 54...

VB6 Error Handing while updating MS database table
I am trying to update data base emp.mdb. I have a form which has 3 text boxs, txt_name, txt_age, txt_address and command button cmd_updatetogrid. I have MSHFlexigrid. When i press cmd_updatetogrid it updates the grid. So that i can keep on adding the records in the grid. Now i have one command button cmd_save. when i click on this button it adds all the records in the database emp.mdb. Now my problem is If i have two records in the grid. If the the record size of the grid (2nd row) is more than as defined in the database. then the error is fired. But the first row is updated. ...

why function CoInitializeEx error?
hi. My project use DCOM . and call CoInitializeEx at first. I have include <objbase.h> and add ole32.lib to project. but have complie error "CoInitializeEx undeclared identifier" why?? thanks willyfu wrote: >hi. >My project use DCOM . >and call CoInitializeEx at first. > >I have include <objbase.h> and add ole32.lib to project. > >but have complie error "CoInitializeEx undeclared identifier" If you look into <objbase.h>, you'll find: #if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0400 ) || defined(_WIN32_DCOM) // DCOM WINOLEAPI CoInitialize...

Error: Document is damaged and can not be opened. Use command Open
When I got my new pc, with windows 7 pro, I got a problem with some excel files: Error: Document is damaged and can not be opened. Use command Open and repair in Open-dialogbox, and choose Draw out data when you are asked too. (This error is originally in Norwagian, but i have translated it into English, the best I could) My previous pc with XP and Office 2007, does not have this problem. Other people in my company does not have this problem. But I'm the first person with W7 pro in my company, and I've got a problem. Most excel files works ok, but the ones that ar...

Pub 2003 Clip Organizer Error
Sorry if this has been answered before - search didn't find this error in Pub 2003. Upgraded Pub 2003 Beta to Pub 2003. Clip Organizer gets "Error Code 0x007007f" Tried repair function - no help. Search on MS came up empty. Have since found that I cannot import Excel list for mail merge AND cannot create merge list within Publisher (Access). Do I need to uninstall Pub and do a clean install? -- Donna McBryde =^..^= 99.9% of the world's problems would cease to exist if everyone lived by the Golden Rule. -- There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music an...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Error in money 2008 when try open my file
I have a great possession, when I try to open my file in Money 2008, he gives a mistake and clamor. I have these file from the money 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2007 and now 2008. Before yesterday it was working 100%. The mistake is soon in the opening of the file. Can it be when he collects the data for the screen My Money (home)? Thanks, Fernando Rodrigues My Moneys is Home and Business "Fernando Rodrigues - Fersoft" wrote: > I have a great possession, when I try to open my file in Money 2008, he gives > a mistake and clamor. > > I have these file fr...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

Backup Failed with VSS Writer Error following Reboot
Back up using Backup Exec 10.d failed on Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2. Error occurred after a maintenance reboot. Event Log - Application ************************* Source: ESE Category: Logging/Recovery Type: Error Event ID: 206 Information Store (3616) First Storage Group: Database D:\Program Files \Exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb cannot be incrementally backed-up. You must first perform a full backup before performing an incremental backup. Source: MSExchangeIS Category: Exchange VSS Writer Type: Error Event ID: 9611 - Error code 0xfffffdd0 when freezing the Storage groups. Sour...

Formula Error #2
Hi Using Excel - In column A I can enter 4 different cash values e.g. 30 / 13 / 10 / 5 using the formula in column B/C/D/E =IF(A3=Rate_30,A3,"") 30 shows in the cell B3 cells C3 / D3/ E3 for that row shows zero However when I need another rate e.g. 50 to enter column F and changing the above formula to =IF(A3=Rate_50,A3,"") the cell shows #NAME? - what am I doing wrong ???? Any much appreciated Cheers --- Mully Hi Mully, Rate_30 is a defined name, has nothing to do with the number 30. You can either define a name Rate_50 (menu: Insert>Name>Define) or use...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

What is a font initialzation error
I have a report with the entire font being times new roman. When I open the report from a command button in a form it opens fine. When I try to open it straight from the report, it gives me a Font initialization error. Any ideas? -- Rose ...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

report error message
Hi all, I have created a query, which runs just how it should do and shows the results I require, I created a report based on the query which again shows the correct resuts, I then created a pop up form for the user to enter criteria for the query, this works ok too and the report shows the correct results, but when I go to close the pop up form I get the error message below ? any help please "The Microsoft Office Database Engine cannot Find a Record in the table 'PartData' with key matching field(s) 'Boiler UIN' Here is my SQL info SELECT [Main Data T...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

Problems with Error 3021
Using VB6 - SP5 MS Access (MDB) data file. I'm having problems with Error 3021 "No Current Record" error. I have reviewed the code - every .Update statement is preceded by either a ..AddNew or a .Edit. In an attempt to find where this is occurring, I have every instance of data file access (seek/read - edit - addnew - update) surrounded with a "On Error GoTo" structure which will log the error to an event log that is already part of the program. But the program has crashed several times (with Error 3021) since that trapping was added. I just read KB10649...

Save new contact error after upgrade to 4.0
Hi All, Recently we had upgraded a customer from 3.0 to 4.0, before this we have test upgrade the customer database in test environment, we doesn't not hit any errors when save new contact. however after the actual upgrade to 4.0 whenever create a new contact and save, there is error msg "An error has occured". I had checked the event viewer and sql log, there is no indication shown what error is tat actually. Has any one come across this error before? any advice is much appreciated. FYI, I can save new account. -- Regards, Venedict Hi, You could look for any callout...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...