Setting database location to SQL Server

Hello,
I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to
a SQL server.  I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine
on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to
the new SQL server.  Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm
just testing the solution for now.
The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and
allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task.
Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection
information?
Can the configuration be changed in the POS and if so I'm guessing it would
be available to users with the owner’s role only?
Thanks,
 Larry

Larry,

What is the POS you are referring to?

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"LP" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to
> a SQL server.  I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine
> on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to
> the new SQL server.  Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm
> just testing the solution for now.
> The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and
> allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task.
> Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection
> information?
> Can the configuration be changed in the POS and if so I'm guessing it would
> be available to users with the owner’s role only?
> Thanks,
>  Larry

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Passing DATETIME to an SQL stored procedure
Hi, I'm a database newbie, and need to call a stored procedure in an SQL database. I've been given the following code snippet: //Create a database class instance CDatabase db; //Open a connection to the ODBC DSN named myDSN using name and password info db.OpenEx( _T("DSN=myDSN;UID=sa;pwd=") ); //Execute the stored procedure passing two parameters db.ExecuteSQL( "EXEC sp_testProcedure 1, 2" ); //Close the connection db.Close(); but my problem is that one of the parameters I need to pass is an SQL DATETIME. How should I change the code to do that? Cheers mark-r ...

Replicating database query with formulas
Well, that's the best way I can describe it. I have worksheet A of data in Excel, c. 1000 rows. Col A has unique identifier for each row. Col B has categories ( 5 different ones). What I want to do in another sheet (B) is essentially replicate what I would do with the Auto filter function, i.e. show just those rows that have 'Sovereigns' in Col B (refering to sovereing bonds), but not use autofilter and also show data in one continuous block. I think I am half way there in terms of thinking it out. In the other worksheet B, you can use COUNTIF to determine the number of occu...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Reading Pane Settings

How do I set OOR

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

CDONTS on Windows 2003 Server
I am in the process of moving all my web applications from a windows 2000 server (IIS) to a windows 2003 server (IIS). I have apps written in VS6, .net and .net2002 but i am having problems with my VS6 applications, when they try to run the following code: Set objMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") Is there anyway to install CDONTS on a windows 2003 server? I can't get debugging to work on the new server so I can't give you an exact error message... just that when I rem out that line... the program works fine. Any thoughts BESIDES rewriting my code in .NET? Than...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

SMTP Service hangs on Ex2K3 on 2K Server
I've recently started having the smtp service hangin and mail piling up in the queue without any apparent reason. Box is 2K server with Ex 2003. There are no events in the event log at the times this happens. Any thoughts as to where to start looking? Any local AV clients with port filter rules enabled? Or local firewall software? Is there any pattern to the service hanging, eg time? Nue "Lew Berry" <LewBerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3771C379-7B42-46BF-BF94-B3C819345195@microsoft.com... > I've recently started having the smtp service h...

Set Focus

iFrame and ASPX based SQL Query
We would like to view the output of a sql query in an iFrame via another webpage. How can I pass a crm variable like crmForm.all.name.value to the SQL query so that it only pulls records for the particular customer that I am viewing. Do I pass this variable to SQL or pass the SQL select to the CRM iFrame variable? Could anyone give me a quick example for the onLoad event? Thanks, Rob Hi, You can pass GUID of the entity to the IFrame and than using that GUID, you can fetch from CRM any attribute you want using CRM SDK. http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2007/02/23/how-to-pass-entity-gui...

Where is the Outlook .pst file located?
Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 Two Questions: Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outlook is located in Windows, so I can back it up onto a remote server? If there are several folders containing emails, dodes each folder have to be backed up separately, or can all emails be backed up by backing up one .pst file? Thanks, "The Hun" <ed@LAocean.com> wrote in message news:5222a132-f978-4065-a5f0-7c7c5c9e33eb@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 > > Two Questions: > > Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outloo...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...