setting a default value for a field (GP8)

Here's an easy one .. I hope.

There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is
set to "None" by default.

How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5).
We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is
often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is
already a default.

Thank you,
Maria.

0
Maria1 (236)

Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup.
--
Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP
http://ddelprado.blogspot.com

"Maria" wrote:

> Here's an easy one .. I hope.
>
> There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is
> set to "None" by default.
>
> How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5).
> We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is
> often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is
> already a default.
>
> Thank you,
> Maria.

0
Dukester (155)
2/5/2008 4:27:03 PM
Hi Maria

If you have access to Modifier with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), you
can use VBA to set a default value.

If you have access to a Dexterity developer, Dexterity can also be used to
set default values.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Maria" wrote:

> Here's an easy one .. I hope.
>
> There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is
> set to "None" by default.
>
> How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5).
> We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is
> often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is
> already a default.
>
> Thank you,
> Maria.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/6/2008 1:02:01 AM
You can set it at the class level if you are using classes.  Would that
help?
HS

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Maria
>
> If you have access to Modifier with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA),
> you
> can use VBA to set a default value.
>
> If you have access to a Dexterity developer, Dexterity can also be used to
> set default values.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Maria" wrote:
>
>> Here's an easy one .. I hope.
>>
>> There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which
>> is
>> set to "None" by default.
>>
>> How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5).
>> We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is
>> often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there
>> is
>> already a default.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Maria.

0
HSalim (1270)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

How to set backcolour

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

The Pivot Table field name is not valid, #2
I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have to do to get over this? Thanks Denise Hey Deniseh... The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range that does not have heading... check to verify that each the first cell in each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated -- Thanks for your help - Joe Mac "deniseh" wrote: > I am receiving the ab...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Need to sum values that are not strikethroughs
I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs values; is it possible to combine a formula and vb code to a cell ? =SUM(BH100:BH120) & Activecell.selection.font.strikethrough = false Thank you Khf Try: Function zum(r As Range) As Double Dim rr As Range For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = False Then zum = zum + rr.Value End If Next End Function In the worksheet use it like: =zum(A1:A10) -- Gary''s Student "Rock" wrote: > I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs > values; i...

How do I set OOR

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Set Focus

outlook 2003 resetting default folders
After following a tutorial on customizing personal folders in Outlook 2003, I changed the settings. After living with it for a few hours, I decided to move all my email back into the inbox and delete the personal folders and rules I set earlier. Now I can't view any of my emails. I can see that there's unread emails ny the number in the parentheses, but I can't view them. Please tell me how to get my outlook back to the default settings. TIA, Sophia Solved the problem. There's a tool w/in the program called "scanpst.exe". It must be run with outlook closed....

Copy data of some fields on a form to the next record
I have a form used to enter data on a record in which 7 of the fields will contain the exact same data for several sebsequent records. Instead of having to re-enter repetative data for several sebsequent records, I need a checkbox (or some indicator) that would set a control that when checked, it would tell the database that it should carry the data in a certain set of fields (the 7) to the next record. For instance, when you order an item online using a credit card and if you check the box the delivery address information you just entered will repeat or copy to the billing address f...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

moving values from sheet to another
I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one shee (sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet) So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on th main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet) Is this possible? Thank you. :) : -- makdaddy92 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49189 On the main sheet in the ce...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...