set New currency EURO

I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the
transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all
of his PO has to be in EURO ?

How I can setup a new currency EURO  ?

Any help I will appreciate it.

--
Thanks

Miguel
0
miguel (31)

Dear,

Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency
Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window.
(Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency
Access)

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Miguel" wrote:

> I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the
> transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all
> of his PO has to be in EURO ?
>
> How I can setup a new currency EURO  ?
>
> Any help I will appreciate it.
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Miguel
Dear Mohammad

Many Thanks  for your help, I did those step, Is there any additional step
to do ? I went to create a PO but I can not see the way to include this new
currency, the currency ID is grayed out ?? how GP will convert the EURO to
dollars ??

Thanks

Miguel

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency
> Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window.
> (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency
> Access)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Miguel" wrote:
>
> > I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the
> > transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all
> > of his PO has to be in EURO ?
> >
> > How I can setup a new currency EURO  ?
> >
> > Any help I will appreciate it.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> >
> > Miguel
0
miguel (31)
10/28/2008 2:33:01 PM
Miguel,

You will also need to create exchange table for the currency and specify
exchange rate from the following form:

Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Exchange Table

But actually this is not the issue that grayed the currency field out of the
PO form you need to do more investigations on this, start by telling the GP
version and wither the currency is grayed only in PO or every where.

Regards,
--

"Miguel" wrote:

> Dear Mohammad
>
> Many Thanks  for your help, I did those step, Is there any additional step
> to do ? I went to create a PO but I can not see the way to include this new
> currency, the currency ID is grayed out ?? how GP will convert the EURO to
> dollars ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Miguel
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Dear,
> >
> > Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency
> > Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window.
> > (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency
> > Access)
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Miguel" wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the
> > > transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all
> > > of his PO has to be in EURO ?
> > >
> > > How I can setup a new currency EURO  ?
> > >
> > > Any help I will appreciate it.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Miguel
Miguel,

Do you own the Multicurrency module?  Depending on how your GP is licensed
you may or may not already own it.  If you already own it, verify that it's
'turned on' - that's found on the Registration screen.  If it's not turned
on, you will want to get everyone out of GP, make backups, activate the
module and run through check links for all the series.

Once you've got those out of the way, take a look at the Multicurrency
manual for the detailed steps on setting up a currency, creating an exchange
rate table, activating it, etc.  It's way too much to type in here and the
manual does a very good job of going through all the details.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Mohammad
>
> Many Thanks  for your help, I did those step, Is there any additional step
> to do ? I went to create a PO but I can not see the way to include this
> new
> currency, the currency ID is grayed out ?? how GP will convert the EURO to
> dollars ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Miguel
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
>> Dear,
>>
>> Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency
>> Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window.
>> (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency
>> Access)
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Mohammad R. Daoud
>> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
>> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
>> Great Package For Business Solutions
>> daoudm@greatpbs.com
>> http://www.greatpbs.com
>> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>>

>> "Miguel" wrote:
>>
>> > I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all
>> > of the
>> > transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor
>> > where all
>> > of his PO has to be in EURO ?
>> >
>> > How I can setup a new currency EURO  ?
>> >
>> > Any help I will appreciate it.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Miguel

0
victoria (3340)
10/28/2008 4:01:12 PM
Dear Victoria,

You are right, we do not have that module registered, in fact I checked our
license and it is not included, I will contact my GP VAR in order see how we
can get it.

Many Thanks

Miguel

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Miguel,
>
> Do you own the Multicurrency module?  Depending on how your GP is licensed
> you may or may not already own it.  If you already own it, verify that it's
> 'turned on' - that's found on the Registration screen.  If it's not turned
> on, you will want to get everyone out of GP, make backups, activate the
> module and run through check links for all the series.
>
> Once you've got those out of the way, take a look at the Multicurrency
> manual for the detailed steps on setting up a currency, creating an exchange
> rate table, activating it, etc.  It's way too much to type in here and the
> manual does a very good job of going through all the details.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Mohammad
> >
> > Many Thanks  for your help, I did those step, Is there any additional step
> > to do ? I went to create a PO but I can not see the way to include this
> > new
> > currency, the currency ID is grayed out ?? how GP will convert the EURO to
> > dollars ??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Miguel
> >

> > "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
> >
> >> Dear,
> >>
> >> Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency
> >> Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window.
> >> (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency
> >> Access)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --
> >> Mohammad R. Daoud
> >> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> >> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> >> Great Package For Business Solutions
> >> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> >> http://www.greatpbs.com
> >> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

0
miguel (31)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to set backcolour

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

CRM1.2 -> CRM3.0 on new server
Hello We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3.0 from scratch (going to put new drives in the server). What is my best option for transferring the data from CRM1.2 to the new CRM3.0 installation? Thanks Andrew 1. Redeploy v1.2 to the new server 2. Upgrade the new server to 3.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Andrew Hussey" wrote: > Hello > > We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh > installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3....

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Move folder to new tree in Ex2003
I've been asked to move one of the public folders to a new tree on the same server. No particular reason, just seemed like a good idea at the time. I only have one server, and it is used lightly. Is this possible? What is the best way? (david) ? Are you sure that you mean a different/new public folder tree? There can only be one MAPI-type public folder tree per server, and creating a new public folder tree would mean having a separate public folder store. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS F...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...