Service Call Escalations - mail not working

Hi,
I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent
when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required.
I am using the vs10 fabrikam database.
To date I have:
1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched
assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service
the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on
the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An
email address has been setup for this technician.
2. Created a service call and assigned it to the technician NEIL. The
service type is the one against which service escalations has been set. I
entered a dispatch time, which automatically changed the status from Entered
to Dispatched (these being my escalation criteria)
3. I have setup the mail profile as per the servicecall user guide.
4. I have edited the SVC_MailScanner stored proc to include the sa password.
5. I have created the SQL job to execute this stored proc.
6. I tried using the functionality on a service call to manually send the
email to the technician 'click here t page or email the technician' - I get
no email sent to me when I do this.

P.S. I have followed the notes as per Microsoft TK 912282 as below:

An escalation technician does not receive an e-mail message when a service
call is escalated after you configure service call escalations in Microsoft
Dynamics GP 9.0
View products that this article applies to.
CONFIDENTIAL ARTICLE
(The information in this article is provided to you in accordance with your
Confidentiality Agreement)
Article ID : 912282
Last Review : N/A
Revision : 1.1
On This Page
  SYMPTOMS

  RESOLUTION

    Method 1: Verify that you can manually page the technician

    Method 2: Verify that hours are correctly configured

  MORE INFORMATION

  APPLIES TO

SYMPTOMS
After you configure Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 to automatically generate an
e-mail message in response to a service call escalation, the escalation
technician does not receive an e-mail message when a service call escalation
occurs.
  Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To troubleshoot this issue, use the following methods in the order in which
they appear.
  Back to the top

Method 1: Verify that you can manually page the technician
Verify that the SQL Mail Process Server component is correctly configured
for use with the Field Service component. To do this, manually page the
technician. To page a technician, follow these steps:
1. On the Transactions menu, point to Service Call Management, and then
click Service Calls.
2. Next to the Call Number box, click the Lookup button.
3. Click the service call with which you experience this issue, and then
click Select.
4. Click Tech ID to open the Technician Maintenance dialog box.
5. Make a note of the e-mail address that is displayed in the E-Mail Address
box, and then close the Technician Maintenance dialog box.
6. In the Service Call Entry/Update dialog box, click the Click here to
e-mail or page the technician button that is displayed next to the Tech ID
box.
7. In the Send Message dialog box that appears, click to select the E-mail 1
check box, and then click Send.
If the technician receives the e-mail message, continue to "Method 2: Verify
that hours are correctly configured." If the technician does not receive the
e-mail page, follow these steps:
1. Start the SQL Server Agent Service if it is not running. To do this, run
the following command at a command prompt:
net start sqlserveragent
2. Configure the SQL Mail component. For information about how to do this,
see chapter 3, "SQL Mail Process Server," in the Service Call Management 8.0
User Guide.
  Back to the top

Method 2: Verify that hours are correctly configured
You may experience the issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section if
any one or more of the following conditions are true:
.. Customer hours are not correctly configured.
.. Office hours are not correctly configured.
.. Technician hours are not correctly configured.
.. Hours are correctly configured, but those hours do not fall in the
escalation time frame that is configured.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
1. Configure the customer hours. To do this, follow these steps:
a.  On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, point to
Extensions, and then click Customer.
b.  Next to the Customer ID box, click the Lookup button.
c.  Click the account with which you experience the issue, and then click
Select.
d.  Next to the Address ID box, click the Lookup button.
e.  Click an address ID, and then click Select.
f.  Under Office Hours, click to select the check boxes that correspond to
the days that the customer is available, and then type the customer's
availability in the corresponding Start Time and End Time boxes.
g.  Click Save.

2. Configure office hours. To do this, follow these steps:
a.  On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click
Office.
b.  Next to the Office ID box, click the Lookup button.
c.  Click the office ID of the office that you want to configure, and then
click Select.
d.  Click to select the check boxes that correspond to the days that the
office is open, and then type the opening and closing times in the
corresponding Start Time and End Time boxes.
e.  Click Holidays, and then make sure that the date on which you experience
the issue is not configured as a holiday.
f.  When you have finished configuring the office hours, click Save.

3. Determine the Tech ID value of the technician who is assigned to service
call escalations. To do this, follow these steps:
a.  On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click
Service Types.
b.  Next to the Service Type box, Click the Lookup button.
c.  Click the type of service call that you want to view, and then click
Select.
d.  Click Escalation, and then note the ID that appears in the Tech ID
column.

4. Configure the escalation technician's hours. To do this, follow these
steps:
a.  On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click
Technicians.
b.  Next to the Tech ID box, click the Lookup button.
c.  Click the technician ID of the technician who is assigned to the kind of
service call escalation with which you experience the issue, and then click
Select.
d.  Under Work Schedule, click to select the check boxes that correspond to
the days that the technician is available, and then type the hours of
availability in the Start Time box and in the End Time box.
e.  Click Save.

Note If you configure days and times for testing purposes, make sure that
the day and the time that you configure are in the range of your test. For
example, if your wait time for a service call escalation is one minute, and
if you perform your test on Tuesday at 2:00 PM, make sure that the customer
hours, the office hours, and the technician hours include the time of 2:01
PM on Tuesday.
  Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
Note To view the service call escalation settings, follow these steps:
1. On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click
Service Types.
2. Next to the Service Type box, click the Lookup button.
3. Click the service type that you want to examine, and then click Select.
4. Click Escalation.

Any ideas please.
Thanks
Neil

Neil,
You have the answer in the TK itself. When you could not send it manually,
it is then the issue with SQL Mail Process Server component not configured
correctly. Re check your configuration settings.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Neil" wrote:

> [...]
> e.  Click Save.
>
> Note If you configure days and times for testing purposes, make sure that
> the day and the time that you configure are in the range of your test. For
> example, if your wait time for a service call escalation is one minute, and
> if you perform your test on Tuesday at 2:00 PM, make sure that the customer
> hours, the office hours, and the technician hours include the time of 2:01
> PM on Tuesday.
>   Back to the top
>
> MORE INFORMATION
> Note To view the service call escalation settings, follow these steps:
> 1. On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click
> Service Types.
> 2. Next to the Service Type box, click the Lookup button.
> 3. Click the service type that you want to examine, and then click Select.

0
janakirammp (688)

In Excel, how do I work in inches, not centimetres?
In Excel, I cannot find a way to work in inches (not centimetres) when sizing drawings and charts. Any suggestions? Hi Scribe- I've never seen a Measurement Units setting in Excel such as you have in Word. Have always assumed it was based on either Language or OS settings. However, it doesn't matter... regardless of the default measurement system you can enter measurement in whatever you want by following the number with the appropriate specification. For example, in your case, type in 2" or 2in and it should be accepted. Or you could use mm, pt (points), pi (picas). HTH ...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

pics and opening files not working
This worked fine before we switched to a domain environment and Exchange server, now on my pc in Outlook 2003, I am not able to save attachments and pics just have a red x in the emails. Why would this change and how can I fix it? When trying to save a file it just says Outlook could not save the file. When trying to open it, it says cant' create file. Thanks, CEV are these new messages or ones you imported? is the exchange server running antivirus software? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://w...

Drag and drop stops working after a few hundred drags
Drag and drop stops working after a few hundred drags. I use the COleDataSource object to initiate the drag and a custom class object deriving from COleDropTarget to receive the drop. Everything works fine until a few hundred drags later, when all of a sudden, an exception is thrown, and my OnDragOver, OnDragDrop, OnDragEnter functions do not get called anymore at all. After investigating further, i noticed that it seems as though my window control is not "registered" anymore to as a drop target, because when calling Revoke and Register again on the DropTarget object, it starts ...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

Adventure Works Cycle
Hi all.. I am currently doing the training labs for MSCRM1.2 (exam on Wednesday, Wish me Luck!!) and have run into a wee problem, I have the MSDN 6 user licence for Adventure Works Cycle and have maxed once I Created the default accounts for the demo Database, the training materials that were issued to me have MSCRM1.0 licences on them and are of no use, does anyone know where to get the 15/25 user licence pack?? otherwise I am going to have to start to remove licences from one user to give to another, not Ideal for a training session,, thanks a mill Jay ...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

Converting work orders to layaways
Can it be done? Or do I have to re-enter the transaction? I have a back-ordered item that has now arrived, and want to turn it into a layaway. And in the past, I've wanted to turn a back order into a work order because I can't apply partial deposits to back orders. -- Top Dog Shop Better (pet) products, naturally Thanks for replying, again, Jeff. To answer the 'why' and 'what is different in my mind' questions - When I first started using RMS a few weeks ago, I incorrectly assumed that RMS would take partial deposits on Back Orders. It seems that it will only ...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Working in release but not in debug !
Hi, I have a problem in the debug version of my program. I have the following code: Bitmap* m_bmBackground; m_bmBackground = new Bitmap(600, 300); if I compile in release "mode" everything works fine, if I use the debug version I got this error: error C2660: 'new' : function does not take 3 parameters Any idea ? I got also an error (only in debug version) when I work on CString on a DLL dllCode.GetKey(MyKey); where DLL_EXPORT void GetKey(CString& sKey); dbgheap.c Line 1044 .... Thanks in advance Stefano What version of VS are ;you using? I've had some ...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

Removing Personal Folders in Services
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. I used the Close "Personal Folders" to close the old personal forlders but the folder still exist in my Folder List and when I open the Services then the Delivery tab the old folder still exist. How can i remove that? Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Hi You may want to create a new profile ...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

GP 8 Service Pack 5 Service Advantage
Hi, I am upgrading from GP 8 to GP 9 as the first step I installed GP 8 SP 5 and getting error message about SVC00951 (invalid object), which is a ServiceAdvantage table. There are no ServiceAdvantage tables in the company database. any ideas ? thanks Syed ...

Work orders
Hi, We use work orders extensively in our business. (We use it in a restaurant POS environment.) We realize that this is not ideal, but it is working fine for now. There is an issue with the QTY field though. If a cashier opens a work order and enters a few items and then saves the order. He can go back into the work order at a later stage, and change the quantities of the order and then save it. This can result in abuse of the system. I am sure that this issue is a sympton of the fact that we are using work orders to perform a task that it is not intended for. However, this seems li...

adding button on edit.aspx and calling external .net web service in event handler
Hi, In the case section in Microsoft CRM Server if I open through web site in iis,I go to the edit.aspx and try adding a button server control or html control button,asp.net control addition gives error,because perhaps the formbase is a custom control refrenced through assembly,so I am looking to add a button on the page from where I can call a web service to send a fax,is it possible through isv config file,this is my first day in office with this server,I get errors in the case screen when i add aspx button to edit.aspx,the whole form seems to be made from 3 custom controls thru 3 assembly ...

Windows service with web service interface
Hi Friends, I want to design a windows service that also has web service interface. Any tips for that ? Thanks Ashish I think this is the wrong newsgroup for this type of question. You are better off finding a more appropriate newsgroup. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ashish" <asdd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#nj3aTuXDHA.3232@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Friends, > I want to design a windows service that also has web service interface. Any > tips for that ? > Thanks > Ashish > ...

Service Management Equipment Inquiry
Would like the ability to grant users view-only access to Equipment Records. There is no read-only window for Equipment. The users would need to see the same information that exists on the Equipment Maintenance window, but not have the ability to make changes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

How do I set up Outlook "2003" to work with Cox Cable High Speed?
I just had Cox Cable High Speed Cable Internet service hooked up. I had no problem sending and receiving e-mail with Outlook Express but I have tried to configure Outlook "2003" to send and receive e-mail with this connection without success! What am I doing wrong? Help! ARMS <ARMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just had Cox Cable High Speed Cable Internet service hooked up. > I had no problem sending and receiving e-mail with Outlook Express but > I have tried to configure Outlook "2003" to send and receive e-mail > with this connection withou...

Messenger Service Not Installed Error
I recently deleted then reinstalled MSN. Now every time I try to sign into my MSN explorer account I get the following error: "Messenger Not Installed MSN Messenger Service is not installed on this machine. It is a critical part of MSN Explorer and must be repaired before you can use MSN Explorer again. We'd like to repair it for you." When I allow MSN to "Repair Now" I get a notice that MSN has experience an internal error and must resart. When I go through the process of reporting the error, this is supposedly what is error signature sent: AppNa...

Recipient Policy Update Service
When does the Recipient Policy Update Service run, outside of the scheduled intervals? Does it also run when you add an Exchange enabled-object to AD? Q253838 makes it sound as if that is the case. Besides, if not, how would the attributes it mentions be populated (specificly msExchHomeServerName, legacyExchangeDN, and msExchMailboxGuid)? -Chris The default setting for RUS it to "Always run", which is at 1 minute intervals, but is configurable on the General tab of the RUS Service properties in ESM. Adding mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled objects to AD won't trigger RUS to ...

Easy work from your house
Easy work from your house daily $200 per day, no hard work, only internet copy and paste work see and start Quickly ------------------------------------------------------ http://www.freewebs.com/business-xx ------------------------------------------------------ you want a money from loan see and get loan ------------------------------------------------------ http://padmagirl.blogspot.com ------------------------------------------------------ ...