Series Posting -Getting Delayed

One of my client is facing a problem while posting the Sales Batch Series,
normally every night they post all the Sales Batches and it will take less
then 3 hours to finish the process, but last night it took around 18 hours to
complete the Process of posting!

This problem happened twice so far. So how can I investigate about the
problem and how to solve such thing to avoid in future?

Regards
rkhan@tell.com.sa

0
tell (2)

Rafath,

It would help to have some more information.  Do they have one huge batch?
What kind of transactions are in there and how many?  Are these imported?
Are there customizations?  What version of GP?  What else is happening on
the network at the same time?  Are backups being done?  Other processing?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Rafath TELL" <Rafath TELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of my client is facing a problem while posting the Sales Batch Series,
> normally every night they post all the Sales Batches and it will take less
> then 3 hours to finish the process, but last night it took around 18 hours
> complete the Process of posting!
>
> This problem happened twice so far. So how can I investigate about the
> problem and how to solve such thing to avoid in future?
>
> Regards
> rkhan@tell.com.sa

0
victoria (3340)

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

Moving data series horizontally (offset) to prevent overlapping
Hi, I could use some help with my Line with Markers -chart. My four different series overlap each other a little, which isn't that much of a problem until I add error bars, which are almost impossible to format so that you can know for sure which error bars belong to which data series. Is it possible to move a data series (including its error bars) right or left just a few pixels so the error bars are distinguishable from each other? I've seen this done in some published charts, but can't find a way to do it. Using google I found an example of what I need: http://www.emera...

problem with posting payments on account for multiple stores??
we are using 1.3.1009, has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem in a multi-store environment: we have two separate stores, a customer does one sale on account in each store. they send one check for both sales. we apply the payment in one of the stores at the POS. the account balance for the sale that was done at the same store where the payment is applied gets, zeroed out, but the other balance at the other store does not. i know in hotfix 1010 it mentions that there is something that gets fixed having to do with making payments on account at one store when the sale or...

Series colors
I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. Can someone help? Thanks. I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... Hi Dan, Try something like this, Worksheets("Sheet1").chartobjects(1) _ .chart.SeriesCollection(1).Border.ColorIndex = 4 Dan Sully wrote: > I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. > Can someone help? Thanks. > > I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... > > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info...

Why Re:s don't match original posts
Hi, does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? I use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!! Vlado What news server are you using? If you are using your own ISP's server, try: news.microsoft.com Specify a new account on this server under: Tools | Account IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rat...

chart with two data series and two colors for each data series
Hi! I am using visual studio.net 2.0 and trying to use OWC11 to draw a chart from the database. If its only one data series it is fine but i cant see the second data series. all i was trying to do was display actual and budgeted against year. below are the code for clarification gvPortfolioHisex.DataSource = dtPropertyCapex gvPortfolioHisex.DataBind() 'Now Build a graph from the dataset Dim oChartSpace As New Owc11.ChartSpaceClass() Dim objChart As Owc11.ChChart = oChartSpace.Charts.Add(0) objChart.HasTitle = True objChart.Title.Caption = "Historical Expenditure Graph&quo...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

How do I post a question about the Forum itself?
Is there a meta-discussion group about the discussion groups themselves? I am specifically having the following problems: Search does not seem to work for me. I am trying to find posts that I have made, and Search doesn't find my display-name. I tried some other common display-names and the results are spotty, usually returning some very old articles. (If not by using Search, how else might I find all my own posts?) Email notification does not seem to work for me. I have a verified email address in my profile and have posted questions, but even though I have clicked ...

Autofill a series from the name box?
If I want to autofill a series of values from 1 to 10, using the autofill handle is the easiest way to do it. But if I want to autofill 1 to 1000, that's a bit more tedious with the autofill handle. Is it possible to do it from the name box? I've been told it can be done but I can't figure it out. Help doesn't tell you and I've checked several books and references, but they all talk about using the fill handle only. You can use the name box to select the range you're interested in and fill a series. Suppose you want to fill A1:A10 with the sequential number...

chart
Is there a way to graph mixed times series information (i.e. monthly data for 6 months that continues in biweekly increments) without coding involved? ...

I think I've posted this before...
But for the benefit of all you Yanks who refuse to go metric... ;o) http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html Bookmark the above. Me -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. I'd advise you about using them kind of words around here missy. We're peaceable folk but the "M" word isn't taken kindly in these parts. (I put the address in my Favorites folder when you shared it before - good stuff). Thanks for the share. don Vancouver, US of A "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in messa...

How do I force a series in a Bar-Line Chart to be a Bar?
I have 4 series in a Bar+Line chart that has multiple Y-Axis and I want 3 of the series to reference the Primary Y-Axis using a Bar format and 1 of the series referencing the Secondary Y-Axis using a Line format. Excel seems to be forcing me to reference 2 series to one Y-Axis and the other 2 to the other Y-Axis. How can I force it to do what I want... I have been trying many settings and have not found the magical combination as of yet. Select the series. Select Chart Type from Chart menu. Select the type of series you want. In the future, you may find it easier to use a common chart...

Posting to closed year
We closed the financial calendar for 2009. Everything worked well. We are working in Jan 2010. Of course there are 2009 year end adjusting entries. When trying to enter a 12/31/09 entry, we get the following message, "you can not post to history unless an open year exist". 2010 is open. What is causing this? Also make sure that "Post to History" option in General Ledger Setup (Tools>> Setup>> Financial>> General Ledger) is checked. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gm...

We need consistency of layout from from series to series
Somehow the layout of pages from series to series is not consistent. For example in the Sales series the Transaction palette is in the upper left corner, Cards are on the upper right, Reports are in the bottom left. In the Inventory area I have the Cards in the upper left, Transactions are in the upper right and Inquiry is in the bottom left. How can I make it consistent from series to series? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?
I have 12 months of data and an average of the 12 months that are in a series on a chart. I reference the data using an offset formula. I would like to move the average at the bottom of the column of data to another column, but I don't know a way to still include that one cell in the series with the 12 months of data in the original column. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any advice! Copy the cell that was moved. Select the chart. From the top menu goto Edit --> Paste Special... Make sure New Points is selected in the pop up dialog box, and click OK. That one point should be...

Series Source Data
Tjena! I have plotted one series: =SERIES(;xyzFINAL!$A$*3* :$A$15;xyzFINAL!$B$*3*:$B$15;1) I would like to replace the red bold 3 with INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2;7);1) so that I can put the number 3 in cell G2 instead. How/Is this possible ? Tack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Allow 'Post Through General Ledger Files' for Computer Checks with
When Analytical Accounting is activated the option to 'Post Through General Ledger files' for computer checks under Posting Setup will not be available. Customer Royal Nursing of Australia is requesting that this option be enabled even when using AA. They need this option to be used consistently for all modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

posting journal reprint
See KB# 852562. This references that reprinting posting journals by date uses the batch date. However, if Posting Setup is set to use transaction date, then the batch date is null and reprints by date cannot be printed. Suggestion: allow posting journals to be reprinted by transaction posting date. -- Christopher L. Mast, MBA Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A Grand Rapids, MI 49546-3728 phone 616.575.3482 fax 616.575.3481 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Newbie question
Just moved to GP Jan 1 - so we're still low on the learning curve. Here's the situation: Clerk keyed invoice entries and posted the batch to receivables. (Her posting rights are soon to be curtailed.) Unfortunately, she posted the invoices to Jan 2005 even though the invoice dates were prior to Jan 2005. Obviously, we have G/L entries that can be posted to the appropriate periods (NOT Jan 2005) but I want to know what the implications are for reporting, reconciling, etc. Tried to find this in the documentation but haven't seen it yet. Thanks, Steve Sarratt Seminole Energy...

Filling Area Between 2 Series in a Line Chart
Hello- I have a chart with two series; one plotted on the Primary Axis (assets-positive values), one on the Secondary Axis (liabilities-negative values). There is an area between the two lines that I would like to fill with a color or pattern (this will represent the "free cash" that is available). Is it possible to have this area filled? Thank you, Tom Tom - You'd need the data on the same axis. Plot it as a stacked area type chart, where the first series is Liabilities and the second is Assets - Liabilities (but named Assets). Format Liabilities to have a border a...

Hide a series
I want to hide (not delete) a series on my chart. This is possible in Lotus 123 but I can't find an equivalent feature in Excel. Any suggestions? try this: right click on the series, format data series choose "none" for border, are, lines,and\or markers. Lynn wrote: > I want to hide (not delete) a series on my chart. This is > possible in Lotus 123 but I can't find an equivalent > feature in Excel. Any suggestions? -- Gary Klass gmklass@ilstu.edu Editor, PSRT-L 4600 Politics and Government Illinois State University Normal, Illinois 61790 http://LILT.ILSTU.EDU...

can I hide a series in a stacked bar chart but keep the series in the data table
I've got a stacked bar chart with a data table. I'd like to sho information in the data table that I don't want displayed on the chart Specifically, I have 3 data series that add up to a total. I want t show the total in the table, but not the chart. Is this possible usin Excel 97. When I remove a series from the chart, it also removes i from the data table ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by s...

How to delete posted transaction?
Hi, How can we delete a posted transaction in GP 9.0 Hope you can help us. Thanks There is no way to 'delete' a posted transaction other than through SQL which is not recommended. If it is a journal entry, you can reverse or 'back-out' the transaction. Otherwise, in any other sub module, you would need to create a correcting trasaction "DarthEroz" wrote: > Hi, > > How can we delete a posted transaction in GP 9.0 > > Hope you can help us. > > > Thanks > . > Depending on the type of transaction, yo...

Post Closed Batches
I found that under Journal there is "Post Closed Batches" I am curious if someone can explain what this means exactly. -- Thank You,; Vince It's to Export GL data to your accounting software. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC5F256-85D3-474B-BB2A-303520D49E5A@microsoft.com.....

series graph -- one series being added to another series
I have a graph with three series all pulling from another spread sheet. the first series plots correctly on the y axis the second series plots higher up on the y axis instead of at corresponding values on the y axis. It appears the second series is being added to the first and plotted at the combined values. when I look at the plot point for the second series; for example $25000 is being plotted at $50000 on the Y axis even though it is saying $25000. Help me please!!!!!!! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Assuming you're using a column chart, check to see if you've cho...