serialize from excel file

I am working on getting an excel file into Great Plains through econnect. I
need an example on how to serialize an excel file. If anyone has any code
which will show me how to serialize an excel file, I will appreciate if you
can post.
Jack
(jacktundra@hotmail.com)

0
jacktundra (359)

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

How do I draw shapes on a user form? (VBA Excel 2007)
I'm trying to draw shapes on a user form (ie arrows, circles, ovals, etc). Can this be done? hi, ! > I'm trying to draw shapes on a user form (ie arrows, circles, ovals, etc). > Can this be done? try with this: Drawing on userform (Excel 2000 and above) http://www.andypope.info/vba/userformdraw.htm hth, hector. ...

Running macros when Excel starts up
Hi How do I get macros or some code to run automatically when I start up an excel worksheet? Thanks I think you mean workbook, not sheet, correct? Open your workbook. Hit Alt+F11 or Tools-->Macro-->Visual Basic Editor. Double-click ThisWorkbook on the left below your Project's name. On the right, hit the first dropdown and choose Workbook. You can choose other events on the right-hand dropdown, but the Workbook_Open appears already, so just place your code between the Private... and End Sub. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Solly" <Solly@disc...

Unavailable Options in Excel
I have a new version of Excel. I would like to be able to access recently used files. I have gone to the tools/options/general tab to click the Recent Document box. However, the box is grayed out and I cannot access. Can someone help? Thanks. The information in the following MSKB article may help: OFFXP: "Most Recently Used" List Missing from File Menu and "Recently Used File List" Option Unavailable http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=284896 Dakota wrote: > I have a new version of Excel. I would like to be able to access recently > ...

Some links to file use drive letter, others network path, it thinks it is a different file!
I have a sheet with a bunch of lookups to another workbook on our server. I noticed one column that would not update with a Calculate. It sees the link as //Server/path etc... Other links will update and are linked to P:/path... When the file is opened P:/ links resolve to just the file name. The //Server ones don't. The only way to update the //Server lookups is to go into each one and edit and Enter to refresh. I am confused. Please help. I went into data links and sure enough, the same file was listed twice, once with drive letter, once with network path. So from there I opened...

Userform is moveable and leaves traces of prior positions Excel 2000
Hello. I am new to user forms in Excel. The form causing the problem is not meant to be moved, but I don't know to freeze its position, using form properties, or VBA. When I drag the form around the screen, partial images from its prior positions remain on the screen. Such images do not occur in Windows when I drag windows around. I have heard of a document describing an "unmovable userform" that I can't find on the web. Can someone tell me how to: 1 - freeze the form's position on the screen, or 2 - change settings to eliminate the phantom traces. Thanks for any h...

Add-ins in Excel 2007
I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not appear in the Ribbon. Example: all my COM add-ins. (eg asap utilities etc.) What's up? All custom menu items created by add-ins are listed in the Add-Ins tab. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "Cary" <carygee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5SK9k8SHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not >appear in the Ribbon. Example: a...

Lost control of Excel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. <br> Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing something wrong? thanks. test, email me On 5/14/10 4:23 PM, kevs14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. > Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing > something wrong? thanks. What kind of computer and keyboard are you using? Which ...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

file format is not valid
I changed computers and copied some excel files from my old computer. When I go to open them on the new computer I get the message file name .xls:file format is not valid. I am using the same excel programs as on my old computer. Thanks whoever. It sounds like the files have become corrupted in the copy. Hopefully you have the old machine! If not, try opening with Excel 2003, it can do some recovery. Open Office is even better at recovery I hear. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "elaines" &l...

Serial Motor
How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I use? Justin Case wrote: > How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I > use? I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+control+a+motor+via+serial+port -- HTH, Bob Barrows Bob Barrows (reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom) writes: > I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... What? You can't control a motor with an engine? -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se...

Excel Range Value issue (Excel 97 Vs Excel 2003)
Hi, I have some VB6 code which was originally written to populate a spreadsheet in EXCEL 97. Basically, to cut a long story short, what the code does is it populates a variant array by calling a stored procedure. The variant array in question is populated with 3 elements (a date, and 2 floats). The array is then passed to Excel like this. Dim xlRng As Excel.Range xlRng.Value = vntDataArray In my particular scenario, the first four rows have the following dates in the "dd/mm/yyyy" format. 29/11/1995 30/11/1995 01/12/1995 04/12/1995 These dates are exported perfectly to Excel 97...

serial port communuication
Hi all, I m communicating to a printer device through serial port.It is failing to open the port,but when I disable and enable the com port in device manager,it works fine(i.e)it communicates with the printer and reads the configuration settings of the printer). Regards Hari are u leaving the port opened when ur program terminates ........ what is the frequency of u disabling/enabling port ....... after every run ...... some times works some times not ..... ????? "hari" <haricibi83@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171455246.402743.203120@k78g2000cwa.googlegrou...

Converting .123 file to Excel
Hi there, Please help. How to convert a .123 file to Excel 2000? Thank you. Cheers, Ming Hi Ming! If they are .123 files you need to use Lotus to open them and then save them as .wk4 files which can then be opened by Excel 2000 -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Ming" <mewong2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:08ab01c3c575$ff5d5ca0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Please help. How to convert a .123 file to Excel...

Why Do Excel Files Become Read-Only When I Extract from Excel to A
Title pretty much sums it up. I create an Excel file, I pull 2 or 3 worksheets into Access as import-tables. I work awhile in Access and then I go back to the Excel file and it's gone from a regular working Excel file to "Read-Only". I know it's an Excel question but I'm posting it here because it ONLY happens when I'm in Access. Thanks Are you creating a connection via vba? Most of the time this happens to me when there is a workbook already open with the same name but isn't visible. If you go to the task manager and look at the processes to see if a...

How can I import *.eml files into Outlook 2003?
--------_3FA3577646380428B768_MULTIPART_ALTERNATIVE_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have some *.eml files, I want to import them into Outlook 003. How can I do this? -- Chen Liu-qing QQ:125613318 --------_3FA3577646380428B768_MULTIPART_ALTERNATIVE_ Content-Type: text/html; charset="GB2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=GB2312"> <META content=...

Can't open any files!
In the middle of entering data into Money 2002 (running Windows XP), the program shut down, stating that Money was not properly installed. I've reinstalled Money 2002, even upgraded to Money 2003. I still can't access my data. When I try to open up my Money file, I get this message: "Money cannot locate (file name) or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. "If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent ba...

Exporting Purchase Orders to Excel
Is there a way to export PO's to Excel? We used to be able to do it in Quicksell. When I try to export, I select application, but it only gives me HTML or XML options. Is there a good way to get larger Purchase Orders sent to my vendors in a format that would allow them to load the information into their system rather than typing in using a .pdf printout? -- Kris Hi Kris, Directly from MRMS to Excel ? NO. but you can do...export it to a File (text file or csv file) and open it to Excel. I use to do this when I want more clear format :) I hope it help. "Kris" wrote: ...

Excel.xlb in Excel 2007?
Help! Any way to be able to use my Excel.xlb in the new Excel environment? Really don't like this new ribbon business as it's so SLOW!!! Worse than the old pulldowns used to be. Instead, I've been using my own toolbars that have practically everything I ever need right there on the main interface (one of the reasons I'm so fast!). I've googled but have found little help in this area. Hoping my Excel.xlb is more than total toast! <g> The XLB file just holds the customizations you've made to Excel menus/toolbars so, even if you could open it in Excel 2007, i...

Excel 2007 #6
Hi everyone, I ned soem help, I had to change my regional settings to accomodate a legacy app on Vista. Now, when I double click CSV files it does not do the text-to-columns auto-magically. Any ideas on how to switch that back on without changing my regional settings? Thanks Ivor ...

Serialization of jagged Arrays Issue
Hi there, I m trying to return an object (of my own written class) from a web service that contains jagged Arrays as public variables. Asp.Net is showing me the its serialized version on the browser when i invoke the service during test. Code: public class returnType { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("chassisdata")] public _chassisdata[] chassisdata; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheel", typeof(_wheel[]),IsNullable=false)] public _wheel[][] upsteps; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheelsize", typeof(_wheelsize[]),IsNullable=false)] publi...

open files serially
Hi, I seek your help for the following; I have few files in one of the folder. The file names are ending with numeric number. The uniqueness of the file names are they are serially numbered e.g. ABC123.xls, XYZ124.xls, MNO_AB125.xls, LKM126.xls. I would like to open these files serially (...123 then ...124 so on so forth till last files in the folder). Once the file is open i would like to do some processing and save it in another folder. The files once opened and saved in another folder it should get deleted from earlier folder (From where the file was opened). Than...

Excel 2003 Data Tags
Hi, this a bit of an odd one for me,it may be very obvious to some but any help would be great. I have a user who I have just upgraded to Office 2003,in excelwhen she is creating charts,the data tags that are closest to the right hand side of the page do not display. I have tried adjusting page size just to make sure that it wasn't a sizing issue but it has not helped. Any ideas anyone? thanking you in advance Tim ...

Excel formating question
I have a very large worksheet expanding across the screen. Coul anybody help with finding a way to keep certain columns stationar while scrolling across the screen to other columns. In other words, would like A/B columns to remain in view will the remaining column scroll. Is this possible? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Select cell in column C (C1 when you don't want to freeze any rows, C2 when you want to freeze row 1 too, etc.). From menu select Windows.FreezePanes -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) &qu...

How do I disable sharing on Excel document?
I have a document shared. I need to record a macro and apply validation to cells on the sheet. I must first disable sharing but just can't seem to find it. Same way as u share it then remowe checkmark "Mike M" skrev: > I have a document shared. I need to record a macro and apply validation to > cells on the sheet. I must first disable sharing but just can't seem to find > it. In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- Review Changes group Share Workbook Remove the tick from the box called:- Allow changes by more than one user at ...