Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)

I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
I'm not the only one that has had this problem.

I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
number
into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:

1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.

How do I do this?

0
paoakalani (10)

Hi Paoakalani

Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
issue.

http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3

Fliehigh

"paoakalani" wrote:

> I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
>
> I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> number
> into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
>
> 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
>
> How do I do this?

0
Fliehigh (443)
7/22/2008 11:17:00 AM
Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Paoakalani
>
> Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> issue.
>
> http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "paoakalani" wrote:
>
> > I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> > I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
> >
> > I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> > number
> > into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> > I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
> >
> > 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> > 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> > 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
> >
> > How do I do this?

0
paoakalani (10)
7/22/2008 3:49:03 PM
Not to my knowledge.

That is why we purchased Serial Number Edit, to correct errors and to enter
vendor serial numbers instead of System generated serial numbers (we don"t
manufacter).

Fliehigh

"paoakalani" wrote:

> Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Paoakalani
> >
> > Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> > issue.
> >
> > http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "paoakalani" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> > > I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
> > >
> > > I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> > > number
> > > into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> > > I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
> > >
> > > 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> > > 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> > > 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
> > >
> > > How do I do this?

0
Fliehigh (443)
7/22/2008 3:53:04 PM
I know there is a way, like an item adjustment entry that I can do.  I just
don't know how to do it.  I can do 2 out of the three things that I listed, I
just need someone to help me figure out the 3rd thing.  I don't need Serial
Number Edit.  I can already enter my own serial numbers, it's taking them out
that I'm trying to learn more about.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Not to my knowledge.
>
> That is why we purchased Serial Number Edit, to correct errors and to enter
> vendor serial numbers instead of System generated serial numbers (we don"t
> manufacter).
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "paoakalani" wrote:
>
> > Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?
> >
> > "Fliehigh" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Paoakalani
> > >
> > > Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
> > >
> > > Fliehigh

0
paoakalani (10)

Sub forms procedure execution order
Hi I have a Booking Form which contains 2 Sub Forms, Customer Details and Booking Details. I also have a Customers form in a seperate part of the system, and I am trying to make a link - New Booking, which opens the Booking Form with the selected Customer Details, ready to add new booking details. I used a global variable glob_form_name. When the New Booking button is clicked on the Customers form, it sets glob_form_name to "Customers". In my Booking Form, I put On Load procedures in the Customer Details subform and the Booking Details subform. In the Customer Details form , if glob...

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

GP8 - Receivables
Hello. I would like to generate a list of RM checks received, and the corresponding invoices they were applied to (in Receivables Mgmnt). I cannot seem to get both pieces of info from Smartlists. Can anyone help? Which fields do I need in Smartlist, or what SQL Tables do I need to join? Thank you, Maria. ...

numbers format
I formatted a group of cells, using currency,2 decimal places, the $ sign. When I clicked okay only one cell formatted; the rest have ##### in each cell. Can anyone tell me what to do to correct it? Hi MaryJo, Your column is not wide enough. 1) Select column and use Format|Column and set a width, OR 2) Use the mouse to grab the column border (for example between B and C) and drag to make column wider, OR 3) Double click on column border to get automatic fit to size for column Best wishes Bernard "Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58ff01...

[O2007] -> How to search for a string in the body and get the line number?
Hi, I'm trying to get a reply to a mail message and look for a specific substring. Then I need to know the position of the line. For example: search "Sincerely yours," get the line number insert 3 lines BEFORE the "Sincerly Yours" I can't find a way. I know how to use Replace to change subtrings, but I can't get a way to just locate one and get the line number. How can I do this? Then, how can I insert text at that linePosition-3? Thanks for any help. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ------...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

Fixed detailed sales report
I know there has been a Detailed sales report attached in the past that has the profit margin fixed, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has it could you please attach it to a post. It's not mission critical because I generally use Quickbooks to view my profit and previous year comparison reports, but I like using reports that I know are correct and it's a pain seeing the profit margin incorrect when I do a quick check to see how the day's doing. Craig ------=_NextPart_0001_7A55F798 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Craig, Th...

Error unprotecting worksheet
I am getting an error message when I try to use VBA code to unprotect a worksheet. The code is simple: Sheets("sheetname").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect There is no password assigned. But I get an error: "Unprotect method of worksheet class failed." What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? I have no problem protecting a worksheet with VBA code (ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:="True"... etc...) Any help is greatly appreciated. Dan Try Sheets("Sheetname").Unprotect Regards, "Dan Winterton" <daniel.winterton@honeywell.com> wrote in m...

Online
Hi, I have client that has multiple salesmen all over, and working offline. Synchronization is working very poorly, some are not able to go offline at all, some are, and laptops are all same.. I have tried just about anythin from registry changes to reinstalls. They are using VPN connection, could that be the reason? Anyway I run CRMdiagtool and here are errrors that founded during go online (which didnt go). Also synchronization window seems to be corrupted (it is transparent).... Customizations has been made while users have been offline mode, so that could affect? It is impossible...

Outlook Express not opening inbox error
When I open Outlook Express 6, it will not open the Inbox properly on 1 laptop. It says that there is not enough memory on the laptop, but there is 2 GB available on the hard drive. Also the Inbox is highlighted in gray and not blue like usual. He can go to another PC and see the email through Outlook Express without any problems. Any information would be useful. Thanks. Dave <davidw@wildbillsfoods.com> wrote: > When I open Outlook Express 6, it will not open the Inbox > properly on 1 laptop. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths A...

VSS error
event id: 8194 volume Shodow copy service error: Unexpected error querying for the |VSSWritereCallback Interface. hr=0x800700005. Please advise Who is the source of that event? NNTP wrote: > event id: 8194 > > volume Shodow copy service error: Unexpected error querying for the > |VSSWritereCallback Interface. hr=0x800700005. > > > > Please advise > > Source: VSS "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message news:%23bI5M$kJEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Who is the source of that event? > > N...

rate of change using dates and number values
I have combinations of dates with numerical values. How can I use Excel to calculate the rate of change over a given unit of time such as change per month or per quarter, or per year. An example of my data sets would be: 9/29/2004 19.8 4/5/2004 15.6 10/3/2003 16.3 6/30/2003 15.8 2/3/1999 12.4 7/7/1998 11.9 Thanks, Ronan On Mar 2, 8:39 am, Ronan <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have combinations of dates with numerical values. How can I use Excel to > calculate the rate of change over a given unit of time such as change per > month or per quarter, or per year. ...

Online Services Setup Error
I upgraded from Money 2005 standard to Money 2006 premium on Tuesday. I noticed some of my accounts were now available for online services so I tried setting them up. I keep getting the error "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Under 2005, two of my credit card accounts were being updated by Money through online services, and ever since I upgraded, I could no longer log in. Anybody ever have this problem or know how to fix it? I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889927 but it didn't help. Thank...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number #5
Ron, McGimpsey and others. I want to really thank you for your help. Ro your routine worked great. I dont fully understand how yet but I a happy to receive your help. You are a great guy. One more twist t this. I want the routine to run and re-calculate automatically when th hex numbers change. That way I could automate the calculation and thi whole thing could run unattended. Any help. Thanks agai -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www....

Invoice number
PLEASE! - Can someone please tell me how to make an automatic opdated invoice number in Excel In other words I want to get a new number each time I open Excel I thank you on beforehand Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dane" <dane@dane.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41d47252$0$15000$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com... > PLEASE! - Can someone please tell me how to make an automatic > opdated invoice number in Excel > > In other words I want to get a new number each time I open Ex...

How do I average positive numbers only
How do I average positive numbers only while ingnoring any zero or negative values? =AVERAGE(IF(Range>0,Range)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Susannah" <Susannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AFA9672-7021-445D-BA6A-BC5DD53AF248@microsoft.com... > How do I average positive numbers only while ingnoring any zero or negative > values? Thank you! One further question...I see how this works with sequential cells; but if I want to average positive valued data from E7,E12,E22,E27 I can't seem to get it to w...

Stop Excel from changing numbers to dates in CSV file
When opening a .CSV created from a third party software, one of the columns is converted to date format. The numbers are imported in #/# format. and Excel changes most of the numbers to 2-Jan, 3-Jan etc... This would not be that big of an issue if I could simply set it back. Clearing format or changing to text converts it to a 5 digit number. The only way I have found to get it to work properly thus far is to open a blank sheet and import data and setting the column to text prior to import. I would like to find a way of opening the CSV file without all the extra steps. Is there a sett...

Form Autonumber does not match the number of records on the table
I have a form where I entered Tenant information. Every time I open this form the Auto number increments by one. For example the Auto number in is 20 even though I only have 2 records in the tableI expected that the next number would give me is the number 3 for the next record.Any suggestions how this could be fix?I am a novice with Access. Thank you, in advance for your help.Regards, Autonumbers seem to be a daily topic lately.If the linear sequence of the field is important to you, don't useAutonumbers. It is intended to be a simple method of assigning aunique index to a record. If ...

Excel 2007 "Error Detected" When Saving
Excel was working fine last week, now suddenly since this past weekend, I can not save an xlsm document. Everytime I hit save, even without making a single change to a file I open, I get: "Errors were detected while saving <filename>. Microsoft Office Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel." When you try and repair it just says it cannot, however the exact same workbook works fine on another machine. I have tried switching the destination for the sav...

hide col letters and row numbers
In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row numbers down the side Thanks Hi, go to view, show/Hide (2nd group), uncheck headings "pcor" wrote: > In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row > numbers down the side > Thanks > Open PageLayout tab, locate Sheet Options group (one in from the right), under Headings deselect the View box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Cash Receipt Number
We are having a problem with users changing the document number on the Cash Receipt window. Is there a way to lock this field down so it cannot be changed? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, If you are registered for Modifier and VBA, you can add the Cash Receipt Entry window to VBA and add the Receipt Number field to VBA, then add the following code in the Window_BeforeOpen event. Private Sub Window_BeforeOpen(OpenVisible As Boolean) Receipt.Locked = True End Sub Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dyna...

Serial Motor
How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I use? Justin Case wrote: > How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I > use? I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+control+a+motor+via+serial+port -- HTH, Bob Barrows Bob Barrows (reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom) writes: > I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... What? You can't control a motor with an engine? -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se...

error setting up new user
Hi, If I setup a new user in AD more often than not no mailbox is set up and so when I install the client in Outlook and try to find the mailbox name I get an error saying The name could net be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. This is driving me nuts, anyone any clues. I am using SBS 2000 with exchange 2000 Regards Simon Well, the first thing to troubleshoot in this situation is the Recipient Update Service (RUS). If the RUS doesn't stamp Exchange attributes on the user, the won't show up. There are a number of posssibilities: 328675 XADM:...

Setup Error on Win 2003
Hi everybody: I have an issue installing CRM on Windows 2003. The CRM setup program aborts and displays the following message: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup. Unspecified error (80004005) According to the following article, one possible cause is when using a shared folder as the home directory for the web site where CRM is being installed, but that's not my case. The home directory for my Default Web Site is a local folder (C:\Inetput\wwwroot): http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prod...

ERROR IN SYNCRONIZATION
I have a dc with exchange2k3 but with office2k3 clients i have this problem: when i click on to Send/recive this error appear: error 0x88004010f object not found... Help me! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I have a dc with exchange2k3 but with office2k3 clients i > have this problem: when i click on to Send/recive this > error appear: > error 0x88004010f object not found... > > Help me! Might be an OAL issue. Try Tools|Send/Receive|Download Address Book. If you get an error there then that's the cause of the 0x88004010f. ...