Segment names in FRx

We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).

I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
credit union 1
credit union 2

If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
instead of the sum

Open the FRx Sample Reports Guide found in the table of contents in the FRx
program group. Go to page 98 for a sample report that rotates the segments to
the rows and the accounts to the columns.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Heather Russell" wrote:

> We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
> unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
> company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).
>
> I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
> info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
> is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
> Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
> credit union 1
> credit union 2
>
> If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
> instead of the sum
0
callen (2505)
10/11/2006 7:02:02 PM
It appears you want the accounts across the top as columns rather than rows.
Am I reading you right?

I think your best bet is to create a pivot table using the features in FRx.
You can then make accounts your columns and segment values your rows.

Another option is documented in the FRx Sample Reports Guide. Go to the FRx
program group off your start menu. Select the Table of Contents. Scroll down
to the FRx Sample Reports Guide. On page 98 is a description of a report
formatted the way I think you want it.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Heather Russell" wrote:

> We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
> unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
> company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).
>
> I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
> info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
> is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
> Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
> credit union 1
> credit union 2
>
> If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
> instead of the sum
0
callen (2505)

Show Series Name
Hi I have a line graph showing 24 months of data. As the colours begin to repeat themselves it is difficult to tell which series is which. I would just like to have, on the chart next to each series something showing the series name. I am using Excel 2007 and the option to show series on the more data labels option shows series name on every data point. given that I have over 30 data points and 24 series the chart looks messy. is there a simple waty to show series name next to each line/ Thankyou Rup “I would just like to have, on the chart next to each series something s...

Disappearing segments in trend charts
Hi, everyone, I do not know why a trend chart is acting out. I designed it with custom colors and thicker lines and when I run my program, some of the line segments that form the trend line disappear or become much lighter or thinner. Does anyone know what's going on? If I reformat the line, just by deselecting "custom" format and selecting it again, everything comes back to normal. (i.e., the lines return to their normal thickness and color). Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

User name
Hi, I am trying to get the name of the user who applied the cash receipt to the RM document? I chekced the RM20201 but no luck. I thought the LSTUSRED field in RM20101 should get updated but no luck in this case too. Trying to get the most out of box, no customization. I appreciate any help. Thanks There is not much out of the box that can help you here. You will want to look into Audit Trails or if you need something specific to RM document application, you can write a very simple SQL trigger to track the activity. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP ...

Deleting Names in Excel 2003
How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it individually On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:25:06 -0800, steve_nelson <steve_nelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it >individually With VBA: Dim myName As Name For Each myName In Names myName.Delete Next myName Qualify Name as required: Application, Workbook, Worksheet. Unqualified, Names will refer to ActiveWorkbook. See Help: Names Property (<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft...

how do I remove my name from the top of the page when printing
I don't want my name to print on the top of the page when I print out my contacts. I want to pass out the contact information to my business agents but my name appears at teh top of every page. How can I get rid of my name "Engineers98" <Engineers98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF9AFF8D-222E-4903-B430-C16BCED3ED44@microsoft.com... > I don't want my name to print on the top of the page when I print out my > contacts. I want to pass out the contact information to my business > agents > but my name appears at teh top of eve...

Open Microsoft Excel [Shee1$] where the name is NOT Sheet1
I have an asp.net app that allows users to upload excel spreadsheets, opens them, displays the data, allows manipulation and then inserts the results into a SQL database. It works fine as long as the name of the sheet is 'Sheet1'. Is there a way to read Sheet1 without knowing what its' name is? Here is what I am doing right now: <code> Dim myds As New DataSet Dim MyExcelConnectStr As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDb.4.0;data source=" & strFileName & ";Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=No;IMEX=1""" strExcelSQL = &...

Sample company install-main segment should be segment 2, not 1
Suggestion: MBS needs to fix the install of Fabrikam, Inc. for the sample company install on Great Plains. For years, it has made the first segment the main one, when it needs to be the second segment (Tools>Setup>Company>Account Format). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

Fill Zeros on Account Segment
Is there a way to have an account segment automatically fill with zeros if the users tabs through the segment? Yes, you can use a free tool called Lookup Plus from Rockton Software www.RocktonSoftware.com HS "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bdbd01c48958$2c32ca70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have an account segment automatically > fill with zeros if the users tabs through the segment? I have Lookup Plus installed and as near as I can tell it doesn't fill in zeros for you. HSalim wrote: > Yes, you can use a free ...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

Time segments in OWA
I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb controls. I'm close but can't find the time array expression tha generates the 30 minute increments. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Brian Techhead <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new > appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't > seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb c...

Hurry Up, Free Check Of $327 With Your Name.
Hurry Up, Free Check Of $327 With Your Name. Quickly open below website and click any one of the Red Color Text in the website and enter your payeename and address where to get your check. The secret website link is http://googleadsense-toppayingkeywords.blogspot.com/ ...

Segment Name
I have 3 segments of account #. where can i find the name of these segments? i mean (1) which table holds the name of the segments. I have 3 different values of account type in GL00100 . 1, 2 and 3. (2) which table holds the name of the account type. Bab: If you look under Tools>Resource Descriptions, Tables, Fields and Windows, you can find the table and field names you are looking for. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL GL40200 "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Bab: > > If you look under Tools>Resource Descriptions, Tables, Fields an...

Delete Record #Name?
Hi, I've got a Main form with two subforms, 1 & 2. 1 is based on a query that is joined to the underlying table that 2 is used to enter data for. I added a button to Form 2 which deletes the current record from this table. Form 1 requeries On Current and after I've deleted a record and the Requery fires On Current, all of the records are replaced with #Name?. I've tried using Me.Refresh and Me.Requery to alleviate the problem, but the only way to solve it is the close the form and then reopen it.... It seems there must be a way to code the requerying of the underlying data b...

Header name
Hey, I have set up microsoft outlook to receive e-mail from 2 pop3 accounts and have created rules to make the e-mails seperate into seperate inboxes, however. When i print out e-mails it has 'Will Dixon' at the very top in bold (the message header) how can i change this as i want it to read the name of the organisation? Thanks Jonny Tools>Email Accounts>View or Change>Select Account>Change>Edit "Your Name" "Jonny" <j0nnyd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:003c01c355dc$c6624180$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I have set up m...

default user name and password for RMSsample database
Hello, I just installed RMS Store operations 2.0 on a Vista computer. It installed SQL 2005. now I am trying to open the sample database to start a new one. I don't know what is the password for the "sa" user. In version 1.3 with MSDE 2000 the "sa" password was blank. I setup a user and password when I was installing RMS, but that is not working either. thanks for your help bob Hi Bob, Send me an email and I will send you a utility to set SA password. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Bob Dahdaleh&qu...

Named range error
I created a spreasheet with named ranges, then added another worksheet in the file. Some of the fields on the 2nd tab refer to information on the original information and it's causing a number of named range errors. I'd simply go delete them but I can't . . . why not? Help! Thanks. ...

Outlook 2000 matching a non-existent name
I seem to have "confused" the Contacts folder of Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Pro. (No Exchange server in the picture.) I used Outlook's "Add to Contacts" feature to put someone (let's call him jbrown@whatever.com) on my address list. Since I didn't know his first name, he went on as "Jbrown". Later, I wanted to add the first name, John. I can't remember whether I changed the existing record, or added a new record or deleted the old one. Either way, my Contacts folder looked OK -- "John Brown" appeared as an entry, with jbrown@whateve...

delete name
I have about 3000+ define name in my workbook. It was not created in this workbook. But somehow they are just there. The workbook does link to many files. Now I want to clear them all out. I have used the following VB codes posted in this website to delete all these define names. Sub DeleteAllNames() Dim objName As Excel.Name For Each objName In ActiveWorkbook.Names objName.Delete Next objName End Sub However, it gives me the "Run-time error '1004': that name is not valid. Can anyone please help me how to do this? Thanks a lot. I compiled and ran...

FRx DAX tables
FRx needs a utility for importing exchange rates into the DAX tables. Or, allow access to these tables so customers could develop there own import utility. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups...

How to loop thru XML Schema and retrieve s the element name
Hi Folks, I need a sample to retieve all the element names from a XML schema using C#, I also total no of elements in the schema. Look at the XmlSchema and XmlSchemaElement classes on http://msdn.microsoft.com Alex "Mahesh" <Mahesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC45FD83-95A2-46F0-8BD6-CA30AE82C8CC@microsoft.com... > Hi Folks, > > I need a sample to retieve all the element names from a XML schema using > C#, > I also total no of elements in the schema. > > You can also take a look at the SOM article at http://www.xml.com/pub/...

sign-in name you entered is not associated with Money 2003
SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! I have been trying to login to Money 2003 (yes 2003 NOT 2004) and I have been recieving the message below. I can not get to my finances!!!! HELP!! "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file." In microsoft.public.money, WasntMe wrote: >SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! I have been trying to login to >Money 2003 (yes 2003 NOT 2004) and I have been recieving >the message below. I can not get to my finances!!!! HELP!! > >"The sign-in name you entered is not assoc...

length of segments
Is there a way to simply display the length of a line segment that has been changed from a straight line to an arc? Is there a way to simply determine the total lenght of two connected line segments or at least list their length for me to add together? The Shape.LengthIU property can give you this information programmatically. There is no way to get this directly from the Shapesheet. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "slimjim" <slimjim@discussions.microsoft.com...

auto name
Somehow recently my outlook 2003 stopped suggesting names found in the address book until I hit send. I have always had the "Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields" unchecked, so that is not the cause. Previously if I typed a few letters and then tabbed out of the 'To" field it would underline the text in red if it found more than one match or just substitute the match if only one. Now it is waiting until I hit send. That is frustrating because your not always sure where it went. Is it just my pc or is it a feature of one of the recent patches? ...

Changing Linked Table Name
Access 2003 Every once in a while I decide to change the name of a table in a standard fe/be setup. Occasionally the name change encompasses a number of related tables. The process is... 1) go to the BE and change the actual table name 2) go to the FE and relink the changed tables 3) go to the queries and reconstruct any related queries 4) go to the forms and reselect the reconstructed queries/tables 5) go to the modules and run a find/replace Obviously, this is quite time consuming. I don't expect to be able to change anything about step 5, but is there some easier w...