Segment Description Table

I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
I then deleted the information from GL40200
opps need the account segments back
I droped GL40200 and
select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
next step
UPDATE    GL40200
SET DSCRIPTN = ' '

I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.

Tool>Setup>financial>segment
has no segment numbers i
By the way version 9.0
0
creeves (44)

The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry.

You can either go to:  Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or
do a table import into the Segment Description Master.

Remember, "Computers don't do what we want them to do, just what we tell
them to do."

Another option would be to establish all of the contents of this table from
a SQL query then run an Update set command into the table.

However, by the time you do that, you might was well do the Table Import.

Good Luck!

"GPNut" wrote:

> I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
> I then deleted the information from GL40200
> opps need the account segments back
> I droped GL40200 and
> select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
> next step
> UPDATE    GL40200
> SET DSCRIPTN = ' '
>
> I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.
>
> Tool>Setup>financial>segment
> has no segment numbers i
> By the way version 9.0

0
MCFRx99 (13)
10/31/2008 8:04:02 PM
On Oct 31, 3:04=A0pm, MC_FRx_99 <MCFR...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry.
>
> You can either go to: =A0Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or
> do a table import into the Segment Description Master.
>
> Remember, "Computers don't do what we want them to do, just what we tell
> them to do."
>
> Another option would be to establish all of the contents of this table fr=
om
> a SQL query then run an Update set command into the table.
>
> However, by the time you do that, you might was well do the Table Import.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> "GPNut" wrote:
> > I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
> > I then deleted the information from GL40200
> > opps need the account segments back
> > I droped GL40200 and
> > select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
> > next step
> > UPDATE =A0 =A0GL40200
> > SET DSCRIPTN =3D ' '
>
> > I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.
>
> > Tool>Setup>financial>segment
> > has no segment numbers i
> > By the way version 9.0- Hide quoted text -

The information is in the table just can't get it to appear in the
segment description window.
0
creeves (44)

Matching Information in 2 Tables
Scenario I have 2 tables on the same worksheet. One is for Sales and the second is for Cost. The common column in both tables is the Sales Invoice Number column. The tables run into thousand of rows. Both the tables are sorted as per Sales Invoice Number columns. Task Information Cost for certain Sales are missing. Objective To find Sales Invoice Details which have missing Cost information. Current Process Cut and Paste Cost Table information to match Sales Table based on Invoice Number column. This process takes weeks to complete one worksheet. Question Is there any f...

table doesn't show when published
table doesn't show when it is published that's a pity. Frankly, don't have a clue what you are talking about. What is it you are doing, how did you do it, and what did you expect and how is this different from what you got? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/03/10 07:20, Timbe wrote: > table doesn't show when it is published Press F5 to refresh the view? Timbe wrote: > table doesn't show when it is published ...

CRM 1.2 -> 3.0 Upgrade timeout on ActivityBase table
Hello, Our CRM upgrade is currently timing out when migrating the ActivityBase table in CRM 1.2 to the ActivityPointerBase table in CRM 3.0. Our ActiviityBase table has about 1.7 million rows. Is there anyway we can resolve this issue or workaround this particular issue and continue the upgrade process? Any ideas or suggestions would be **greatly** appreciated. Kind regards & thanks in advance, deccles you can increase the oledb timeout which may help. becuase of the size of the db though I would stronly recommend contacting MS support. The cost of once case is nothing compar...

Creating a custom table...
A couple of issues regarding table creation. I want to insert a set of tables in a document header, but so they appear in the middle (vertically) of the page concerned. I want them in the header so the user cannot inadvertantly modify the table contents directly without actively entering into the header: 1. I have a dialog where a user can specify the number of rows that must be in a table. For example if they enter 4 then the table must be created and inserted with 4 rows and 2 columns. There are always 2 columns - how do I achieve the table creation and insertion at a specific...

Change management
Thanks in advance. Some co-workers use a third party analysis tool built upon a complex, proprietary 2005 db. To assist their efforts to validate their inputs to this tool, I long ago created a some views in another db on the same server. The views join some 18 or more tables from the proprietary db. All the joined table names are fully qualified with the prefix 'dbname.dbo.' Also created were functions and sprocs that also reference the proprietary db. These views, sprocs, & functions are used by both an Excel application and by a DotNet app, i.e., they'r...

Pivot Tables & not printing blank rows (revisited)
I have an excel file that updates a pivot table when I run a macro. The size of the re-generated pivot table (in the # of rows) can vary depending on the source data. When I print the pivot table, I don't want to print pages and pages of blank rows underneath. I also don't want to have to resize my print area each time. In the past I have avoided this problem by clearing the print area instead of setting a print area. However, if I try to format a large # of rows [background color, text alignment etc] to accomodate a wide ranging pivot table size, excel then assumes that you want ALL o...

I need to add data to a table from another table how do I acheive
-- kh Why? Having two copies of the same data exposes your database to integrity issues. More info, please... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer possible/necessary. "khussey" <khuss...

delete rows from a large table with text column
hi guys, I need to remove old data on regular basis from a big table (over 50 million) with a large text column. That column has average around 3000 charaters. The deletion is painful. It takes a minute or more to delete just 5000 rows. Since there should be no down time for production, all I can do now is to delete in small batches. And the table is not partitioned so I can't use partition switch. Do you know if there's any better way to do the deletion? Should I convert this text field to varchar(max)? Thanks. Hi, If it alwaays needs to be live, then is suppose k...

Pivot Table Error Message
I received the following message when dragging my "Products" item onto my Pivot Table. "A field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a Pivot Table." I have 14,802 unique Product items. Does anyone know what the limitation is AND how to get around it? The following MSKB article outlines the PivotTable limits in Excel 2002, and has links to articles on other versions: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517 XL2002: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2002 http://supp...

Evaluate String for Value from Table
I have a table [tbl_dc_dx] that contains a field for Primary Diagnosis but only a semi-colon delimited list of Secondary Diagnoses. The list is variable in length and the[sec_diag] codes are in no particular order. [tbl_dc_dx] sample data: Account sec_diag 1 5990;2851;6262;2809;6202 2 6262;2800;4019;2808;2469 3 2851;9100;9219;E8889;E8497 4 4111;2859;4019; 5 5855;42822;2724 6 25000;4019;4580;2801 A list of applicable diagnosis codes is available in a table called [tbl_dx_codes]. [tbl_dx_codes] sample data: diag_cd diag_desc 2800 280.0-CHR BLOOD LOSS ANEMIA 2801 280.1-IR...

Pivot-table
Hi, I recently installed Excel 2007 and have encountered a major problem that is seriously affecting my work. When I open a pivot-table form from Access it now opens automatically with Excel 2007 as opposed to Excel 2003 (as before). This in itself wouldn't be a problem except that when I update the pivot-table and save a copy I cannot access the saved copy before I close the pivot-table. The saved copy then won't let me open it because it has errors. It may be related to the warning Excel 2007 gives when trying to save as xls instead of xlsx. This problem is made worse by...

how can i make the fields in my contact table match the ...
how can i make the fields in my CONTACTS table match the design view of my CONTACT DETAILS form? need to know asap. thanks so much for the help! i will be okay once i accomplish this. :-) On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:58:02 -0800, mercedesb_girl <mercedesbgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can i make the fields in my CONTACTS table match the design view of my >CONTACT DETAILS form? need to know asap. thanks so much for the help! > >i will be okay once i accomplish this. :-) Ummm... You can see your database. We cannot. What are your tables...

"IF" statement in a pivot table.
I need help in writing a "IF" statement in a pivot table. My data consists of sale orders numbers that may have several line items - I am trying to do a count on the sale orders and Excel count each item as a separate sales order. Is it possible to write a "IF" statement in a pivot table? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should approach this? Elizabeth If you have an order # them leave out the items and then simply set the order # to 'count'. You will not be able to count the unique orders in the table with the items in (AFAIK), as Excel will ...

Using pivot table without summing, etc. #2
Yes, that's correct. Only 1 value for each combination of Date an SMBL -- Peter Bernadyn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26649 Hi then you should be able to use SUM or MAX as function for your data items -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peter Bernadyne" <Peter.Bernadyne.1dnx5a@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Peter.Bernadyne.1dnx5a@excel...

pivot table & chart on same worksheet
Using the same source data, how can I create a pivot table and pivo chart on the same worksheet?:rolleyes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following - create your pivot table - on this sheet select an empty cell (outside the pivot table) - Invoke the chart assistant - manually enter the data range - finish the assistant and choose 'this sheet' as target -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Using the same source data, how can I create a pivot table and pivot > chart on the same worksheet?:rolleyes: > > > --- > Message posted fr...

Pivot table
The columns in a pivot table display arrows that, when clicked, display the values in the column, which the user can pick to filter the pivot table. But the values don't appear to be in any particular order. Is there a way to tell Excel to display them in the drop down box in a sorted order? Appreciate your feedback, Jon Select one of the cells under that heading Click the A-Z button (or Z-A) on the toolbar and the dropdown list should also be sorted. No Room in the Attic wrote: > The columns in a pivot table display arrows that, when clicked, display the > values in the co...

Timed SQL Command/ Table Update
I want to set ALL staff accounts to zero credit limit but at a set time. I know I can do this either in Enterprise Manager or in the HQ Administrator but I want it to run automatically at a predefines time. Does anyone know the best way to do this? TIA Sorry everyone, Sorry I should have said, I know the SQL & have laready got the script prepared so just need guidence on how to get it to run at a set time TIA (again) "J" wrote: > I want to set ALL staff accounts to zero credit limit but at a set time. > > I know I can do this either in Enterprise Manager or in...

Changing defaults for tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My apologies if this has been asked and answered. I tried searching the Forums and couldn't locate anything. <br><br>About 99% of the time, when I insert a table, I want it to be centered and 6.5 inches wide. Is there anyway to set that as the default? I know there are a bunch of workarounds, but it just seems to me that I should be able to control this directly. <br><br>Duncan Theoretically, Table Styles should provide something close to what you're asking for. Unfortunately,...

Pivot Table
Hi Everyone, I just discover that I can use Pivot Table in Excel to help me manage me data easier in a table view format. However, since I'm new with this feature in Excel, I'm having a few questions: 1. I notice that Pivot Table doesn't allow me to delete the data directly in Pivot Table, but it does allow me to make changes to the data. I thing is I presume that Excel will make that changes that I made in Pivot Table to the original data sheet, but as I found out Excel doesn't do that. and I can't reverse the changes that I made in Pivot Table to the orig...

Information retrieval based on non-unique fields across separate tables
I am pretty new with Microsoft Access database trying to retrieve information from a very user-unfriendly database build by some genius who never uses the database himself. Most people have trouble retrieving data and just did manual copy and paste from Access to Excel (imagine the pain not mentioning the amount of potential errors). That should give you some idea how unfriendly it is. However, before I start wasting my time doing manual copy and paste, I would like to see if there is another way out (which I believe there always should be). The situation should not be difficult but I l...

Unit of Measure Detail table
Hi! I am trying to modify the GP sales invoice to add line item weight but for some reason I cannot pull the IV UOM Detail table on the report. This report is linked to the IV UOM HDR table which I was able to pull on the SOP Sales report but if I try to open this, I cannot see the IV UOM Detail table. Any ideas? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera ...

Unable to append all the data to the table when importing
At the click of a button my code begins importing my Excel data in to an Access table; but I get the following message: "Microsoft Acess was unable to append all the data to the table." I get it because I have a validation rule in place which prevents the violating data from importing, which is fine; so I just hit 'yes' to finish importing. Can someone please help by providing some instruction or preferably some code I can plug in to my code, which provides a 'yes', and the importing is processed without the message. Thanks in advance. Dave -- Message posted vi...

Generating a Table of Contents with Rules in Word 2007
The Table of Contents (TOC) for an installation guide I am updating includes rules before each Heading 1. However, the rules do not show up in the TOC if the previous section in the document does not have a Heading 2 style applied. Sometimes a section just doesn’t have any other headings besides Heading 1, but I need to have the rules appear in the TOC. How can I do that without making up a section for the Heading 2 style? I tried to recreate the TOC below. Section 5 does not have a rule because Section 4 in the document only has the Heading 1 style applied. If Section 4 had a...

set up a table plan for a party of 200 people with 25 tables??
I need to set up a table plan for 200 people which will include 25 tables. Can you suggest how to do this through publisher I'd use Visio but.................Use drawing items. Circles for tables, rectangles for chairs, various size dots for the people ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9879F73-D332-46FA-98C3-483AD85CC6B2@microsoft.com... >I need to set up a table plan for 200 people which will include 25 tables. >...

drop dpwn tables in excel
hi, i working on a little spreadsheet and would like to insert a dro down table, tht allows some pre-written answers to be inserted into cell, for example : under the heading 'type of order', the correc answerss would be 'model', 'tool' , 'base'. how do you insert drop dow tables. thanks joh -- johnny.ex ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnny.exe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3077 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51772 One way is to use...