security to an integration?

Hello:

One of the client's users receives a security error of some sort when he
tries to run a Payroll Transaction integration in Integration Manager.

He is able to open Integration Manager and take a look at the integration's
properties.  But, he gets the error when he tries to run the integration.

There is a possibility that he does not have security access to the Payroll
Transaction window itself.   Could that be the cause of the error?

Other than the security that is required in GP 9.0 to the "Customization
Tools" for accessing Integration Manager, are there any special security
requirements?  Do you have to have Full Control network permissions to the
location of the integration's source file to run the integration?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

How can I integrate Contacts with Calendar?
I want to be able to forward-diary a contact into Calendar, so that on the date diaried, I can click on the entry and immediately get the contact's record card. This does not seem possible and I end up having to have two records cards, one in Contacts and the other in Calendar. Is there a way that I can open a record card and diary it so that it appears as an entry in Calendar? Thanks. Philip you can use the link to Contacts function within the Appointment. It is NOT turned on in Outlook 2007. Do that at Tools | OPtions | Contacts ... Now you'll see a Contacts field wi...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

Integration to GP
We have implemented a CRM 3.0 integration to Great Plains. I know for a fact that there are invoices and orders in GP that are not in CRM. But when I use the data synchronization tool to view records that are not in CRM, the results show that all GP invoices & orders are in CRM . . . but I KNOW they're not. What am I missing in understanding how this tool works? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Brandon, I'm not an expert, but a couple of thoughts... 1. Are you talking about posted invoices i...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

CRM Integration with MAS90
My company is investigating moving from Goldmine (ver 4) to Microsoft CRM 3.0... can anyone tell me if CRM 3.0 can integrate with or feed a MAS90 accounting system? Searching the Microsoft site and the newgroups, I do not get any information back... I am hoping someone might have some experience in this area. Thank you. Gary You may have to use a 3rd party piecec of sofware like SCRIBE to sync data from CRM to MAS90 (if it is SQL based). http://www.scribesoft.com/ Good Luck, Nick "Gary Bouchard" <GaryBouchard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16CEA79C-B...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Integration with Continuum
Hi everyone, We have an application integration for GP 7.5 that uses Continuum for VB. It works fine with the GP PO, but now my client wants to integrate with the PO of Project Accounting; which uses a different window. How do I get Continuum to open that PA_PO_Entry window ? Thanks Sebastien ...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Workbook password security
I've been asked to oversee the implementation of a process where organisations would send us sensitive client data via password protected Excel workbooks (i.e. the workbook would have the password on it, not the sheets contained therein. This worries me because it was always my understanding that Excel was never intended to function as a secure data repository and should not be used that way. Having said that, my recent reading leads me to believe that it is the WORKSHEET passwords that are easily worked around, not the WORKBOOK passwords. From what I can gather, the only thing tha...

RMS SO 2.0
Is it possible to do an integration between Store Operations and Great Plains without having HQ in place. I have a client interested in using SO as a sales front end and they are using GP as their financial sofware already. We would want to do all sales, receivables, inventory and purchasing within SO and just dump totals to the G/L in GP. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan Nicley, Simpletech LLC This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0430_01C7CA45.FEE45700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Security error
Hi there, I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008 and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to access any page. The error is "Execution permission cannot be acquired" but more specifically, it's related to the "'AjaxControlToolkit" I installed into my ASP.NET "bin" folder. There are various messages that it can't be loaded, that it "failed to grant permission to execute", etc. I've tried all sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's ...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Outlook security settings block third party apps to send email
Hi A customer has a third party app that sends emails thhru e local install of Outlook on a Win 2003 server. We recently updated the server with patches, both for OS but also for Outlook. i this case we applied Sp2 and got problems with the security settings that now promts to allow or not allow this third party app to connect to send emails. Is there a way to get around this "by design issue" or Is the only solution to reinstall? TIA -- Henrik Arenblad, MCP SBS, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375 http://www.google.com/ Sry, forgott to mention, Outlook Is version 2...

Integration Help.
I need to integrate CRM to other third parties. However, CRM comes with CRM integration with Great Plains. Could you provide help concerning integration? Do you advice using Biz Talk or API's Code ? Does Biz Talk partner edition comes for free? Is there any form of Biz Talk adapters for MS CRM? Thanks BizTalk partner edition comes free with CRM however these is a limit to the number of channels you have which is 4 i think whether you should use BizTalk or the SDK will depend on what your integration needs to do. "Georges" <georgesk@netways.com> wrote in message...

CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration
Does anyone know if the upcoming CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration will require Great Plains 9.0 or will it also work with Great Plains 8.0. Thanks! ...