Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window

Hello:

I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type
that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth.

But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window.

You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link
to create POs.  In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at
the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document
type".  And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO.

She has access to the items listed in the "Document Type" drop-down list in
Security that I mentioned earlier.

We have been all over the security settings and have looked on the
TechKnowledge Base.  But, we are at a loss as to how to configure security on
this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

I think 'document type' usually refers to the objects that are under the
Document Access section in Advanced Security....have you looked at those?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type
> that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so
> forth.
>
> But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window.
>
> You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP
> link
> to create POs.  In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message
> at
> the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document
> type".  And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO.
>
> She has access to the items listed in the "Document Type" drop-down list
> in
> Security that I mentioned earlier.
>
> We have been all over the security settings and have looked on the
> TechKnowledge Base.  But, we are at a loss as to how to configure security
> on
> this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
victoria (3340)
7/7/2006 5:39:12 PM
Yes, I have.  The security is already there, according to Advanced Security.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> I think 'document type' usually refers to the objects that are under the
> Document Access section in Advanced Security....have you looked at those?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello:
> >
> > I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type
> > that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so
> > forth.
> >
> > But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window.
> >
> > You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP
> > link
> > to create POs.  In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message
> > at
> > the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document
> > type".  And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO.
> >
> > She has access to the items listed in the "Document Type" drop-down list
> > in
> > Security that I mentioned earlier.
> >
> > We have been all over the security settings and have looked on the
> > TechKnowledge Base.  But, we are at a loss as to how to configure security
> > on
> > this.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s

Don't know if this will help, but I have seen situations in the past where
the security for a user gets 'corrupted'.  No matter what you try, they
can't get access to screens they should have access to.  Sometimes reverting
security and recopying (or manually recreating) the user's security settings
works..  Other times, the only thing that works is creating a new user.
Maybe someone else will have another suggestion...

--

> Yes, I have.  The security is already there, according to Advanced
> Security.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I think 'document type' usually refers to the objects that are under the
>> Document Access section in Advanced Security....have you looked at those?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hello:
>> >
>> > I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access"
>> > Type
>> > that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so
>> > forth.
>> >
>> > But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview
>> > window.
>> >
>> > You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP
>> > link
>> > to create POs.  In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a
>> > message
>> > at
>> > the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this
>> > document
>> > type".  And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO.
>> >
>> > She has access to the items listed in the "Document Type" drop-down
>> > list
>> > in
>> > Security that I mentioned earlier.
>> >
>> > We have been all over the security settings and have looked on the
>> > TechKnowledge Base.  But, we are at a loss as to how to configure
>> > security
>> > on
>> > this.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > childofthe1980s

0
victoria (3340)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Windows Mail
worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting error notice. And the secret error message is??????????????? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "themanofsteel01" <themanofsteel01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA52C0D-976B-4830-8341-919FEEC28D22@microsoft.com... > worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting > error > notice. Account: 'work', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

how do I run windows 2008 R2 forestprep or domainprep on 32bit OS?
Hi all, We are going to introduce the new windows 2008 R2 DC to our windows 2003 32bit DCs with windows 2003 functional level. I need to run forestprep and domainprep in the windows 2003 schema master. Can I run the R2 64bit forestprep and domainprep on the windows 2003 32bit domain controllers? Thank you! From a Windows 2008 R2 CD. In the Support\AdPrep folder there are 2 version of the adprep.. Adprep.exe -- the 64x version Adprep32.exe -- the 32x version. Use the adprep32.exe on your 2003 32x domain controllers. Allan On 4/12/10 5:14 PM, in article 107D855E...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Popup window question
When I first open my Outlook 2003, a window pops up that says "Microsoft LDAP Directory" Then it says "Server Name: NULL" "Port: 3268" "Username: NULL" "Password: " How can I keep this from popping up and what does it mean? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 compatable?
I've installed windows 7 that I bought with my dell back in Nov. 2009, and since installing the windows 7, I can't seem to retreive my email through outlook. I can retreive my emails from the same email accounts from my other computer that has outlook 2007 and a different version of windows, and they both have the same sittings, or did before the installation on this pc. Now when I click send/recieve I get the error msg. about pop and smtp account. They have the correct settings as before and even reinstated them in outlook after having this issue, but still can't ...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Attach Exceldocument in windows live mail
Hi I have windows 7 I have problems attaching excel 2007 documents with windows live mail. It works with word but not with excel. Anyone have some suggestions how to solve this? Thanks Joe ...

Who Closed PO
Is there a way to know what account processed the closing of a PO? Also, the user2ent field that is in the SOP and POP tables. Is that the creating user or the last editing user? AllenMc wrote: > Is there a way to know what account processed the closing of a PO? > > Also, the user2ent field that is in the SOP and POP tables. Is that the > creating user or the last editing user? Hi Allen, This is actually the user that created the document... Some tables contain a field that indicates the lasted document editor, but only a few. Usually the field is called USERID. ...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

PO imports
Is there a way to import purchase orders into RMS. This would cut back on data entry. Epicurean, What program are you creating the POs in. Or are you asking about importing received packing slips. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Epicurean"...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

Recovering Outlook Categories After Update to Windows 7 from XP
I just updated to Win 7 from XP. I'm trying to overcome Microsoft's view of where to put things, which is VERY different to mine. For example, Outlook categories . . . It seems though I have all my contacts and THEIR individual categories, I've lost the "master list". Is there a way to recover the list by somehow rebuilding it from the 600 or so contacts I have and just creating it based on what I've used? Or can I grab it from my old system image somewhere? James S. Huggins ... -- James S. Huggins http://forums.slipstick.com ...

PO next number changes randomly GP10
Hello, The company I currently work for has been seeing the next PO number being changed in the purchase order processing screen. This occurs randomly. To try to determine the cause of this, I have turned on the activity tracking as well as sql triggers on the pop40100 table. Has anyone else seen this before or have any suggestions on how to determine what is causing this to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, JC Hi JC when you say it is changing what do mean? I believe that the PO numbers will go back and fill in for PO's that have been deleted. I.E. i...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

0x800CCC7D MS Outlook 2003 Windows XP
I use Outlook 2003, WinXP Pro SP2 and AVG 7 Free. AVG 7 email plugin is set to disabled. I used to send mails with no problem awhile ago but once i got a mail from one of my friends which needed read receipt. I agreed to send the receipt. After that all happened. I have 2 different mail accounts on gmail one is for my firm and the other is for personal use. The one with the receipt can not send anymore smtp mails. But the other one sends and receives ok. I was getting 0x800CCC0F unexpected termination error before, then i removed the account and restarted machine and readded and reconfigured a...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...