Security for Modified Reports 10

Hello, I'm having a problem with "error" messages while trying to print
modified reports.
I'm on version 10 of GP Dynamics.  I have granted privileges to modifed forms.
When my customer service dept tries to print these forms, they receive a
message "You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact
your system administrator for assistance."
They are able to hit "OK" and then it will let them view/or print the
modified report.
This is appearing on all Sales modified forms.
Thanks
Melanie

How did you assign security to these reports?

In V10 (to repeat something you might have already done) you assign modified
reports to an Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports ID.  You then assign that
ID to users that need access to the modified reports in the User Security
Setup window.

Check the reports ID and make sure the modified reports are included, then
check the users to make sure this ID is listed for them.  Then have the users
log out of GP and back in.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Melanie Erickson" wrote:

> Hello, I'm having a problem with "error" messages while trying to print
> modified reports.
> I'm on version 10 of GP Dynamics.  I have granted privileges to modifed forms.
> When my customer service dept tries to print these forms, they receive a
> message "You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact
> your system administrator for assistance."
> They are able to hit "OK" and then it will let them view/or print the
> modified report.
> This is appearing on all Sales modified forms.
> Thanks
> Melanie
0
info4071 (3004)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Access 2002. How to print Access Report the on certain printer? Need the code to see. Thanks.
I need to let user to choose printer on the form and print report on that certain printer (Printer1, Printer2). I am beginner in VBA. I have heard about Printer Object in Access 2002 but never use it. So please put the code. Thank you. See: Printer Selection Utility - Users assign printers to reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppPrintMgt.html The sample database contains the code, or you can view it here: http://allenbrowne.com/AppPrintMgtCode.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to grou...

Parameter Query 10-04-07
I have a query which prompts for a parameter value. I want to use the value twice in the same expression. How can I do this without repeating the parameter prompt. Any help welcome. J ...

How To Modify One Point In A Graph...
Hi all, I have a problem I cannot solve.. I think it is an EXCEL BUG !! Could somebody have a quick lok at my spreadsheet.. it should take onl few minutes... otherwise, here is the details of my concern.... I have 2 series (Credit and Volatility) on the same graph. Date Credit Volatility B/S Flag 25/03/04 30 42 B 25/04/04 35 45 S 25/05/04 34 43 25/06/04 38 42 S I want to change the shape of specific points : put a big green squar when there is a "B" flag, or put a Big red sq...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

output report in snp or rtf file
I would like to save my report as snap shot or rich text format file. Any VBA command to do this task? Your help is great appreciated, Take a look at the OutputTo method. ---- HTH Dale "iccsi" wrote: > I would like to save my report as snap shot or rich text format file. > > Any VBA command to do this task? > > Your help is great appreciated, > . > On Dec 22, 2:50=A0pm, Dale Fye <dale....@nospam.com> wrote: > Take a look at the OutputTo method. > > ---- > HTH > Dale > > > > "iccsi&...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Adding two items on report to get a sum of both
Hi. I am in the process of modifying a established report to make it more meaningful. In the report there are two quires that give an answer. I want to add a third box adding these two together. The first one is: =IIf([TotalCash] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([TotalCash]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([TotalCash])-((Int([TotalCash]/60))*60)),"00"))) The sencond one: =IIf([Time] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([Time]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([Time])-((Int([Time]/60))*60)),"00"))) I would like to add those 2 results together,...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

Variable # of Column Headings in Crosstab Report
I wish to creat a report from a crosstab query based on a table: the query Row Headers are Employees, the column headers are codes relating to actions. I used a wizard to create a report upon this crosstab query and it worked fine until a new code was introduced. Now, the new code does not appear as a column header even tough the TOTAL # of actions (in a separate calculated SUM field in the report footer) is counted (The underlying query works fine and counts everything): BUT I need to also be able to view the # of actions under each particular column heading in the REPORT. These co...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Picking Ticket Report
HELP! When orders are entered into the system, the PICK TICKET REPORT (actual name: SOP BLANK PICKING TICKET ORDER ENTERED) is printed to the warehouse for the staff to pick the stock. The way the warehouse layout is setup, all item numbers are on shelfs/drawers in order of item number. Some times when orders are entered, the item numbers are inputted sporadically (nature of the business). So when the PICKING REPORT/TICKET is printed, the items are in order of input. We would like to have the ticket/report print the items by order of Item Number. Apparently this was done in the past by...

Top 10 Things to Consider on Home Loans
Here are our Top 10 most important things to consider when shopping for a Home Loan, Equity Line of Credit, or Refinance, courtesy of Loans-Directory.Org: Down-Payment Fixed Versus Adjustable Rate APR Loan Types Loan Amount Qualification, Income Loan Amount Qualification, Expenses Employment and Credit History Points Sub-Prime Loans Short-Forms 1=2E Down-Payment - As a general rule of thumb, lenders will be seeking contribution from you of around 3% to 6% of the total loan value. This can be negotiable, and there are many loan packages available. 2=2E Fixed versus Adjustable - Th...

10.1.2 update and Panther
I've just done a clean install of Panther, when I try to update office to 10.1.2 the installer freezes at the "Gathering Information" stage. Any suggestion to solve this issue ? TIA Hi Do you gave a lot of mounted volumes on your desktop? If so, disconnect them before running the updater. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <091120031202560226...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Date modified within Spreadsheet
I want to insert a function into a cell that displays the date another cell was modified. How can I do this? j, Copy the code below, right click on the sheet tab and select "View Code" and paste the code into the window that appears. Change the range addresses to correspond to the cells you want to monitor / use to record. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Application.EnableEvents = False Range("A2").Value = "Cell A1 was changed " & _ Format(Now(), "mmm dd, yyyy...

FRx to include unposted reversals when reporting unposted transac.
If you have an unposted reversing journal and you run an FRx report for the following month, FRx does not pick up the unposted reversal ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Building Columns in a Report
I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory numbers? for example 123 456 789 012 345 678 901 234 567 890 123 456 789 012 345 678 Any help is appreciated! Peter, there is a way in the page set up part of formatting a report - to have several columns. It is quite a while since I have needed to do something like this, so I can't be any more specific than that. Jeanette Cunningham "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft....

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Inbox 06-10-10
I cannot figure what happened, when I go to look at emails, it shows I have tons of them, but doesn't show them in a line like before, just shows each one, and I have to delete it to see the next one.... While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Male sure Show All Messages is checked and nothing else. View | Layout. Is the Preview Pane enabled? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "tractorbuyer" <tractorbuyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4226BD27-7729-46F3-BAEB-96A1424E3401@microsoft.com... >...

Calculated field in a table 03-10-10
I've got a table with 10 of 15 fields calculated. I enter data into the table via a form, which does the calculations. The form works fine, but for some reason the last 4 calculated fields don't get entered into the table. Should I even have calculated fields in a table, or should they primarily be used in queries and on reports? If ok to put in tables, any idea why the last few calculated fields aren't being recorded? Then 1 out of maybe 15 records the calculated fields do get filled! The same data is input for every record. TIA -- Logo On Tue, 9 Mar 20...

Word 2007 05-04-10
I have a 3 page document. each page has a page break i need the first 2 pages to have in the footer, "page 1 of 2" and the third page needs to have "page i of i". i have tried so many different things and came close but still no success. i can get it to work if i can add a page break with out adding an extra page. So solving either will help me ps. "Page 1 of 2" for the first page and "page 2 of 2" for the second page and "page i of i" for the third. And just typing it in is not an option????? Thanks Insert a Next Page Sec...