Security - Account Maintenance

I have a user that is set for "Accounting Manager". WIthin the
Financial>Cards>Account the button for "summary" is disabled, however she can
go to Financial>Inquiry>Summary and open that.

Any idea what's going on?  Is there a setting so I can set so she can do the
link to the Summary inquiry window from the Financial>Cards>Account window?

Thanks
0
sherry (98)

Are you using Field Level Security?  It sounds like someone has set
FLS on the Account Maintenance window.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
5/7/2009 8:00:45 PM
Nope... FLS is not in use. What's more strange is that he is POWERUSER. I
have 2 users that have the same profile (Accounting Manager).. one has button
enabled the other disabled.  Not sure what's going on.  No NLS has been set.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Are you using Field Level Security?  It sounds like someone has set
> FLS on the Account Maintenance window.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
sherry (98)
5/7/2009 8:13:01 PM
Could it be the button has been disabled with Modifier and security granted
to the modified window to only a few users.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Sherry" wrote:

> Nope... FLS is not in use. What's more strange is that he is POWERUSER. I
> have 2 users that have the same profile (Accounting Manager).. one has button
> enabled the other disabled.  Not sure what's going on.  No NLS has been set.
>
> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Are you using Field Level Security?  It sounds like someone has set
> > FLS on the Account Maintenance window.
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/7/2009 8:28:01 PM
I remember seeing this case before. What I would suggest is to open a
new support incident on this

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 7, 11:28=A0pm, Mariano Gomez
<MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Could it be the button has been disabled with Modifier and security grant=
ed
> to the modified window to only a few users.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster athttp://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
>

> "Sherry" wrote:
> > Nope... FLS is not in use. What's more strange is that he is POWERUSER.=
> > have 2 users that have the same profile (Accounting Manager).. one has =
button
> > enabled the other disabled. =A0Not sure what's going on. =A0No NLS has =
been set.

> > "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > > Are you using Field Level Security? =A0It sounds like someone has set
> > > FLS on the Account Maintenance window.
>
> > > Frank Hamelly
> > > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > > East Coast Dynamics
> > >www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > > blog:www.gp2themax.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -

janakirammp (688)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Workbook password security
I've been asked to oversee the implementation of a process where organisations would send us sensitive client data via password protected Excel workbooks (i.e. the workbook would have the password on it, not the sheets contained therein. This worries me because it was always my understanding that Excel was never intended to function as a secure data repository and should not be used that way. Having said that, my recent reading leads me to believe that it is the WORKSHEET passwords that are easily worked around, not the WORKBOOK passwords. From what I can gather, the only thing tha...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Security error
Hi there, I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008 and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to access any page. The error is "Execution permission cannot be acquired" but more specifically, it's related to the "'AjaxControlToolkit" I installed into my ASP.NET "bin" folder. There are various messages that it can't be loaded, that it "failed to grant permission to execute", etc. I've tried all sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's ...

Outlook security settings block third party apps to send email
Hi A customer has a third party app that sends emails thhru e local install of Outlook on a Win 2003 server. We recently updated the server with patches, both for OS but also for Outlook. i this case we applied Sp2 and got problems with the security settings that now promts to allow or not allow this third party app to connect to send emails. Is there a way to get around this "by design issue" or Is the only solution to reinstall? TIA -- Henrik Arenblad, MCP SBS, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375 http://www.google.com/ Sry, forgott to mention, Outlook Is version 2...

Discount Security
I Am wondering if i can set a maximum discount level for a cashier i.e. 20% but unlimited for other cashiers ? ...

Social Security Number Security
We have a lot of people who need to use various screens in Human Resources to record things like training, courses, etc. These people should not have access to the social security number of the employees. Is there a way (either in GP or SQL) where that field can be restricted and still allow access to the HR windows? You can use field level security to hide the field to certain employees. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Bob Harr...

Secure FTP
Hi, We currently use a windows 2003 FTP server fro clients to upload huge files to. We have a new client that needs to upload files securely, can anyone recommend a secure way to upload files? I know there are many types of secure FTP apps, but which one? On 06/16/10 05:43, Whiteford wrote: > We currently use a windows 2003 FTP server fro clients to upload huge > files to. We have a new client that needs to upload files securely, can > anyone recommend a secure way to upload files? I know there are many > types of secure FTP apps, but which one? In gener...

Security Role setting for "Change Stage" and "Apply rule"
Hello, I have following problem: I have a custom role, that differs in some positions from the standard "sales representative" role. The CRM users, that are in this custom role only, have not the menu entries "Change Stage" and "Apply rule" in their own opportunity, but t he administrator can see them. Does anybody knows, which settings in the security role definition enables the user access to the changing stage of the workflow process? Regards On Jul 19, 3:56 pm, Alexander <Alexan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have f...

Security settings changing by themselves
I've seen several instances of users' security settings changing by themselves. One day they had access and the next they did not. Nobody onsite even knows how to change security settings so that's not the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Usually when this happens, it is someone changing the user class settings and rolling down the changes - perhaps without realizing what they are doing. I would find it very hard to believe that the settings are changing themselves. Lyle On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:39:34 -0700, "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Security
when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments, if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF>..... if I send the link to my aol account rather then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no porblem, HELP..... phil Can't really be turned off, but it can be customized to need. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be de...

Item Lookup Security
Is there a way to setup the user security for the item lookup button (for sales transactions) so that a user is able to see only a selected/ limited list of items and not ALL items? Aman, Currently this doesn’t exist out of the box, but it could be customized in several ways as described below: 1. If you are familiar with Dexterity you can follow David’s proof of concept about data level security in his post below: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/13/row-level-filtering-proof-of-concept.aspx 2. You can create smart-list filtered for the needed...