Securing payment files

We use Great Plains to create an ouput file which is subsequently pickup up by a third party BACS solution.

On hitting the post/process button on the "PRocess Payables Cheques" a .CSV file is created on the network.  As the auditors repeatadly point out this is not secure as the CSV file can be subsequently amended by creator of the file before it is pickup by BACS.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx
0
Andrea

Why the use of the the CSV file, why not reading directly from the database?
--
Regards,
--

"Andrea West" <andrea.west@uk.g4s.com> wrote in message

> We use Great Plains to create an ouput file which is subsequently pickup
> up by a third party BACS solution.
>
> On hitting the post/process button on the "PRocess Payables Cheques" a
> .CSV file is created on the network.  As the auditors repeatadly point out
> this is not secure as the CSV file can be subsequently amended by creator
> of the file before it is pickup by BACS.
>
> Has anyone found a way around this?

> Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part
> 1
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx

0
Mohammad
8/13/2010 9:26:54 AM
Use the BACS's public key to encrypt the file as the last step in
creating it.  Then ONLY the BACS can decrypt the file with their
private key. Once it's encrypted, it's secure from any changes.

0
hdjim

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

How to save a list of custom words in a rule to a text file, or to copy the list?
Hello How to save a list of custom words in a rule to a text file, or to copy the list? You can't. I import/export or copy the rule (depends whether it's in the Wizard already) and edit the rule conditions. In some cases this goes faster then inserting the list. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove ...

Excel opens, but not the file
I have XL 97 and Windows XP. When ever I click on a shortcut or XL file directly, it opens XL but doesn't open the file. I then have to go to File\Open to open the file. What's wrong??? So, when you open the file, and it's "not there", what happens if you go to Window-->Arrange, OK.? If nothing, then perhaps you'd better troubleshoot Excel. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "WWBWB" <WWBWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Spreadsheet files missing .xls extension
A client called saying that some Excel files had disappeared, but when I did a search for specific names they were found - without the .xls extension. They have no idea how they got renamed. Once they were renamed with the ..xls, they worked fine, but I'm baffled by how they could have lost their extensions. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Cathy Your client may went gone into My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View and checked "Hide extensions for known file types". -- Jim "Cathy C" <cchristian@aristotle.net> wrote in message news:34EF53EA-D790-401D-86B...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Hardware specification for dealing with large files (again)
I know there was a conversation on this topic last year, but I'm not sure there was ever any resolution. I do analyses of large Excel files (>50,000 rows) which make extensive use of named ranges, lookups and array functions. I'm using Excel XP on Windows XP Pro, with no plans to upgrade to Excel 2007 or Vista. My current rig has 1GB ram and an Intel Pentium M at 1.20GHz, and its woefully underpowered for the work I'm doing. A manual recalculation will frequently peg CPU usage at 99%, and memory usage at 50%, for 3-5 minutes (and sometimes more). So I'm considerin...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

Help with .pst file
My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too much after exporting only 17 meg from OE6. How do I, and what program should I use to, open the .pst file in Windows Explorer so I can see what is going on and why the file is so big. Thanks again for your help, Dan No other program but Outlook can open a PST file. Did you compact it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Daniel Arrepas" <arrepas.daniel@butler-rosebury.com> wrote in message news:g3p0e.60$pA4.499@news.uswest.net... > My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too muc...

Doesn't go to Send file
When I send an email it doesn't put it in the Send file even though that option is checked in the Tool/Options section. It did this until a few days ago when a bad memory stick caused some problems. Now everything else is fixed, but this. try unchecking it and click it again. Then go back in to options and check it again and see what happens. "Robert" <dean4923@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:000d01c3d65e$d30313d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I send an email it doesn't put it in the Send file > even though that option is checked in the Tool/Options > se...

Insert file name into Cell
Is there a way to insert the file name into a cell, rather than on header/footer? Hi Bonny, 1996FEDT.XLS =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) D:\driveM\excel\TAXES\1996FEDT.XLS [Sheet1] =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(CELL("filename",A1),"[",""),"]"," [") & "]" for more information, worksheet examples, and coding examples for pathname, filename, sheetname and combinations of ...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Web link to Excel 97 file
I've got a link to an Excel '97 file from a ColdFusion page. The link works fine the first time I click it. However, if I close the file down and click the link again, I get a message saying 'Cars.xls is being modified by (my user name). Would you like to open as read only?' I can open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, even when I'm not modifying it? I've had other users try and it works the same way for them, except it tells them they're the one currently modifying it. We're using Internet Explorer 5.5 and Windows 20...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

why it not writing to target files?
I have modified a code from this NG to help me copy my nick into a number of *.xls files in a spesific DIR. But when activated it only copies my nick to the file where the macro resides and not on the "target" files. I know I'm doing something wrong here with this "active document" part, but can't figure what the correct syntax should be. Any help is appreciated... -------------------------------- Sub Insert() Dim mesaj As String Dim FilesArray() As String, FileCounter As Integer Dim FName As String, LoopCounter As Integer FName = Dir("c:\my doc...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

why are attached files turning into DAT files when received from .
Have recently starting usin office 2003, when i send emailwith attachments ie. jpg they are received as DAT files and unreadable by my recipients. On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 01:41:07 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have recently starting usin office 2003, when i send emailwith attachments >ie. jpg they are received as DAT files and unreadable by my recipients. Stop sending messages in rich text format. Use either plain text or HTML format. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003 News (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 2.0 News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2....

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

read only .pst files
Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space (and take my documents home). Now I cannot access it without reloading it. I don't want to change anything, I just want to be able to read the documents. Thanks, In article <eC1yNvcRDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, srv01@hotmail.com says... > Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my > documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space > (and take my documents ho...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Error opening a ppt file
This is the message I get. Well I cannot do a screen capture here but it basically says PPT does not have a converter for it. I have had no problem with others. wtdrm, Difficult to say what's wrong without the exact message, but maybe this will help: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00135.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "wtdrm" <wtdrm@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:38C8DF58-B95A-48F8-8D95-76407412D383@microsoft.com... > This is the message I get. > > > Well I cannot do a screen capture here but it basicall...

Print a report / query to a text file ??
Hi All, I need to export a report's (or a query) data to a text file which will then be imported into another application. Printing to RTF or Excel won't do it. I also need to specify a very rigid format for the data in the text file. Any clues? T.I.A. Briank wrote: >Hi All, > >I need to export a report's (or a query) data to a text file which will then >be imported into another application. > >Printing to RTF or Excel won't do it. > >I also need to specify a very rigid format for the data in the text file. Since a report is a grapical presen...

Issue with CSV file
I am programmatically creating a CSV file that has a list of formulae from a workbook/worksheet (see example below). Note that there are 5 records in the file, tho the text might wrap below in your newsreader to appear to have more lines. Double clicking on the CSV file causes Excel to issue #NAME? errors for the records marked as BAD, The records marked as "BAD" cause Excel to try to update the text due to the included references to worksheets. This occurs for a formula that begin with a "-" character. And, ditto for a "+". I can avoid the problem by sticking an...